FYI: buffs and the dpp gains

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Hello, there are so many people obviously wrong in their calculations on [subject], not even mentioning on the "savings" per year
Attaching my calculation supported by gathering stats (so the dpp with the buffs matches the theoretical calculated dpp after 200k shots or more).
Yes im still buying a sight, but not because of dpp increase just because I can :)

Pretty much highlights why they want to add decay to rings :)

At what MU would accuracy enhancers have zero effect on dpp?

Depends on a gun and attachments/rings/armor you use. Best way is to simply track your enhancer burnage on average (100-200k shots should be an ok sample) then its just math.

To Smilgs - thanks for sharing

Cheers
/Soko

Last edited:
At a gun like MM its smaller advantages but using xlr1000 or m83 dpp savings goes up alot more then 5%.

Posted long ago in ranger scope thread an mk2 set is pretty much only paying enh MU on imk2 and MM but on m83 it pays your enh cost + 50 ped of free dmg.

Now with stacking its a diffrent game but bet its follows same pattern.

Last edited:
eco is a myth.
High decay guns bring more hofs faster is what I was getting from my soc mates when I got introduced tot he game and then Alan confirmed that theory.

Thanks for sharing :)

eco is a myth.
High decay guns bring more hofs faster is what I was getting from my soc mates when I got introduced tot he game and then Alan confirmed that theory.

What about maxed vs unmaxed?

eco is a myth.

why are you shooting the imk2 then ?

Subscribing, hope for some enlightenment. Some time ago damage enhancers had about twice the markup of accuracy enhancers, now it is exactly reversed. Been scratching my head for a while and can't make up my mind what to put in those slots now (maxed weapons).

eco is a myth.

I'll run it real simple; seem to repeat a lot of this tho hah:

MA have a set "average" return on each damage point. This would be, for example, 4 pec. This means you have to inflict 4 damage points per pec spent, to, on average, break even.

Regen payback is explained here as you effectively are doing more damage per mob, and therefore are being payed for the increased damage.

If you increase your cost, but not your damage, your returns will fall. Vice-versa if you increase your damage and your costs are static, your returns will increase.

You are not being payed on the cost, but your damage. This is why you lose more money using un-maxed guns (as otherwise, you would have static returns, excluding markup paid).

If you disbelieve me I will happily lend anyone my imp7 so they can test returns on a 2.3 eff. dpp weapon; which has 135 dps and high "decay".

Reactions: DoA
eco is a myth.
High decay guns bring more hofs faster ...
Ahh yes, the "shaking of the tree".
Well, I have no doubt it works. (Wouldn't have chosen "the BLP way" if I thought otherwise.)

But, hold ur horses. If one principle works it doesn't necessarily follow that the other one doesn't.
Seems there's more than one way to do things. Otherwise, how would u explain the last column in Smilg's table that shows results over long period of time for a fully dmg enhanced modmerc (-3,75% and -16k ped). Could it be there's more to it than it might seem at the 1st sight and different setups follow quite different logic?
~

Anyway, huge thanx OP, this dataset is simply amazing!

Last edited:
Hello, there are so many people obviously wrong in their calculations on [subject], not even mentioning on the "savings" per year
Attaching my calculation supported by gathering stats (so the dpp with the buffs matches the theoretical calculated dpp after 200k shots or more).
Yes im still buying a sight, but not because of dpp increase just because I can :)

Thanks for sharing! +rep
Your file shows dmg/shot, but it is not showing the dps (or maybe I missed it?)
Would be nice to show it, and also to simulate Peds saved due to higher dps vs regen mobs. :)
If my calculations are right, with 1kPED ammo:
- MM at Tier 10 + Hyper A204 + Ares Perfected + Scope/Sight MK2: Kills 120 Proterons
- MM at Tier 0 + Hyper A204 (no ring and no scope): Kills 116 Proterons
So there can be additional PED saved by looting those 4 proterons for 'free', right? :cool:
.. then multiply that by every time your burn 1k ped ammo :D

I am in the market for a crit dmg sight too. But after getting few ridicilously high offers I started to think of what the actual gain is. I am using completely different setup than Smilgs. My crit rate and eco is higher And in my case mk1 sight is beneficial not like in Smilgs case. There are only a handful of players that can actually make a saving by using mk1 sight, slightly more players on mk2 sight and yet offers i have received for mk1 sight is 13, 15 and 25k peds. People, seriously (!) that sight is not worth even half of the lowest offer nevermind the fact that all who offered me the sight are loosing money with it instead of gaining, yet they say - just imagine how much money you will save in such n such time. I will save some money, you wont. But in best case scenario i will save 13k peds in around 3.5 years. Worth it? No! Maybe AUDs could bring back more ROI for the same time, i am not sure but then again i am not into AUDs either.

Just my 2 pecs
And once again thanks for pointing this out Smilgs

Cheers
Soko

Back