Help: I need some bot armor

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
I hate bots.

I have hated them since the first tp run from argus to zeus and got !!!!! by some trooper who sent me to an almost impossible to get out of outpost. I never forgave them for that. We didn't have rookie chat or flying vehicles etc. at that time so it was quite a puzzle for this noob to figure out how to get out of there after many ghost trips back to revival :laugh:

( I wish I still had my screen shots of ghost travel I took back then)

After doing the Core this last weekend, I realized my beloved all around t1-t4 Gremlin+6a/5b is not quite enough to do bigger bots very well and I would like to get a better set without going all out and spending 30k(?) on Rx armor, unless I think I need to, trying to save up for a main weapon upgrade, I think I can currently put out ~100 dps with what I have.

BTW, I was able to do lvl 5 harbingers and the 74 and 98 warlock bosses, but the lvl 5 evisc hit me too hard. I think most of that success is attributed to my mod resto chip+mod2600 backup though.

Anyway, currently 211 HP, 44 evade, 35 dodge with Augmented Athenic ring.

What armor would you recommend? Should I get dedicated bot armor or an all around to replace my Grem?

Last edited:
I hate bots.

I have hated them since the first tp run from argus to zeus and got !!!!! by some trooper who sent me to an almost impossible to get out of outpost. I never forgave them for that. We didn't have rookie chat or flying vehicles etc. at that time so it was quite a puzzle for this noob to figure out how to get out of there after many ghost trips back to revival :laugh:

( I wish I still had my screen shots of ghost travel I took back then)

After doing the Core this last weekend, I realized my beloved all around t1-t4 Gremlin+6a/5b is not quite enough to do bigger bots very well and I would like to get a better set without going all out and spending 30k(?) on Rx armor, unless I think I need to, trying to save up for a main weapon upgrade, I think I can currently put out ~100 dps with what I have.

BTW, I was able to do lvl 5 harbingers and the 74 and 98 warlock bosses, but the lvl 5 evisc hit me too hard. I think most of that success is attributed to my mod resto chip+mod2600 backup though.

Anyway, currently 211 HP, 44 evade, 35 dodge with Augmented Athenic ring.

What armor would you recommend? Should I get dedicated bot armor or an all around to replace my Grem?
Evisc is not really a bot in the classical sense. It's a high electric dmg that kills you. Just get plates and you're golden. Or get Thunderbird (L) and plates if u want to feel really safe with the biggest ones.
Edit, now I remember u said u have mod resto. Defo no need for Thunderbird then. :D

Reactions: Mac
What you're really asking is what armor to use in Core-type Bot instances. That's slightly different from dealing with "normal" bots out on the field.

"Normal" bots typically run penetration/burn (except for a few newer bots like the electric-heavy Evis, impactful Big Bulk, etc.)

However, MA intentionally f*cked with the players by giving the core Evis and core Harbs opposite dmg types. One does typical pen/burn while the other does C/S/I. (And they do NOT do the same dmg as their regular versions.)

For that case, you need to:
  • Stick to one type that fits your armor
  • Afford armor powerful enough in all stats that they work well even without plates

So for you in that event, I'd stick to grem/5b type dmg. (The Harbs, IIRC?)

However, as for regular bots, since you have nice skills, I'd just grab a set of vigi, stick your 6as on them and experiment with how big the bots you can handle. If vigi isn't enough to get you to the maturities you want, I'd try salamander next. From there it gets REAL expensive.

For reg. Evis, ghost+5B or grem+6B (electric plates) and for reg. Harbs, your grem/5b should be just fine.

I find Mahketta really good for bots plated with 6A and its not that expensive.

What you're really asking is what armor to use in Core-type Bot instances. That's slightly different from dealing with "normal" bots out on the field.

"Normal" bots typically run penetration/burn (except for a few newer bots like the electric-heavy Evis, impactful Big Bulk, etc.)
Yeah, what the man said!
I was so distracted by your noob time stories (this death-trap Outpost brings back some memories!) that managed to miss the fact u were talking about the core mob variety.

Normal Evisc.: 30% stab/70% electric
Core evisc: cut/stab/electric (33%/33%/33%)

So the core version is a watered down normal evisc. The insane regen was removed too.
The wild ones are, well, pretty wild. :) Evisc Gen 10 (L63): max dmg: 180, that's up to 126 points of ele dmg u have to deal with, somehow. Luckily they have much less HP than core versions.

Harbinger: cut/stab/burn (31%/31%/38%)
Core Harbinger: fifty-fifty pene/burn

Again core version is easier to "address" with armor while the wild version requires kinda mix between the bot armor and the generic cut/stab/imp type armor.
Hovever, with the mod resto chip u can say the armors are overrated! :), u need em only for higher maturities really. For the rest u only need good HP, if even that.

Good allrounders:
Mah'ketta
Adjusted nemesis ( Adjusted vigi is a bit low on impact)
Jaguar/tiger
Martial sga
Adjusted jaguar.. if you can afford it.
Smuggler - one part has dropped.
Dune rider

I use mix Boar/Bear (L) +6a while hunting warrior, trooper, legionaire and big drones, since i don't want to invest on armor much ...

I think is a good alternative and the parts are available like 103-107%. Maybe you can try em and see if it's worth it before buying a full set of more expensive Armor :)

Rx OpTac parts will start dropping in price as they are being looted quickly at the moment, and many more will be hunting bots for nanocubes.

Therefore, I'd point out that as a logical upgrade. The other "bot" armours (pene/burn) suggested wont give you a huge upgrade on grem+6a, and if you're looking for core armour then I'd echo the above.

Basically - warrior elite+, SEGs etc = rx optac.
Anything else - stick with what you've got.

I share your gripe and thirst for revenge, especially against Eviscerators. I lost count how often I tried to sneak around them in the volcano on the various errand missions there. The rest, meh, more like a generic pest.

My standard bot armour is Hunter Mentor Edition, which is essentially like a classic Vigi, just marginally better. But you may not have patience to collect a set, certain parts of it are pretty rare. If somebody offers a complete set, I can recommend it. It has decent cut+stab, too, only impact is weak. Add plates as needed (I usually have 5c on, can live with a few points less but decay is better than 6a).

For Evis, short of investing in Thunderbird just for one purpose, the Zombie-Ghost-Ghoul series offers a great base. Zombie exists both as L and uL, but there is quite a difference in eco and it's the rare exception where I prefer L since it's also easily obtainable. I use Zombie (L) with 4c for the lower Evis, very cheap and very comfortable. Add 6b or Pulsar 2 if you need to go higher.

Mah'ketta I owned for a while, and with the elevated burn protection it's just awesome. With plates it's good for Legionnaires even if you don't have a lot of hp or strong FAP. Very eco in decay, too, not beaten by another uL armour in its class.

The new adjusted sets have outmoded some of these recommendations, but of course it depends on your budget if they can be considered. They are certainly an asset if you're serious.

Last edited:
Rx OpTac parts will start dropping in price as they are being looted quickly at the moment, and many more will be hunting bots for nanocubes.

Therefore, I'd point out that as a logical upgrade. The other "bot" armours (pene/burn) suggested wont give you a huge upgrade on grem+6a, and if you're looking for core armour then I'd echo the above.

Basically - warrior elite+, SEGs etc = rx optac.
Anything else - stick with what you've got.

without going all out and spending 30k(?) on Rx armor

So something cheaper than rx optac armor and better than the gremlin.

Gremlin is 35 close (without exotic protection) and 12 bot protection
So there is a lot in between. If you own Gremlin you would want ALL round protection.
Also my guess is, he's talking unlimited armor.

So it really starts with (not counting exotic dmg protection types) :
Bear 47 close/ 24 bot
Jarhead 55 close /24 bot <-- cheap
Ghoul 54 close/25 bot
Boar 51 close/28 bot
Jaguar 59 close/ 27 bot
Tiger 62 close /31 bot
Mah'ketta 38 close /32 bot <-- cheap for what it offers, low on the close protection
Adjusted Nemesis 48 close /32 bot
Jaguar sga 62 close/36 bot
Adjusted Vigilante 37 close/44 bot
Martial sga 80 close / 43 bot
Adjusted jaguar 61 close /50 bot (if you can afford it)
Smuggler - 35 /105 (one part has dropped)
Dune rider 84 close /56 bot

Sandstormer is too expensive. Angel is too low in bot protection compared to Dune rider for the price.

If you don't care what you look like, go carnival armor. That's what I do.

I have: eon helmet, eon harness, martial sga arms, sand stormer gloves, improved vigilante thighs, angel shins, martial sga feet.

Last edited:
If you don't care what you look like, go carnival armor. That's what I do.

I have: eon helmet, eon harness, martial sga arms, sand stormer gloves, improved vigilante thighs, angel shins, martial sga feet.

Carnival armour, love that term :laugh:

To be fair, thinking about it further a good shout would be adj. vigi + 6a, with the mod resto. Gives enough protection for all the standard bots, and the dodge bonus is good for eco.

Still though, RX won't be 30k. I would say much closer to 10k.

Here's one that nobody has mentioned: Hydra (L). It's better than Vigilante, and with 6A plates, is very effective. I'll give a shout-out to slither, whom I commissioned to craft me a set. It's quite affordable too.

As others mentioned, Eviscerators do different damage than robots, because they don't have ranged weapons.

I did an Armor Compare on Entropedia.info, and Hydra (L) compares quite favorably to most of the aforementioned sets.

Good allrounders:
Mah'ketta
Adjusted nemesis ( Adjusted vigi is a bit low on impact)
Jaguar/tiger
Martial sga
Adjusted jaguar.. if you can afford it.
Smuggler - one part has dropped.
Dune rider

no love for bear/boar on this list?

I love Boar, for all-around armor, but it's no comparison to Hydra (L) for bots. I wish my Hydra set was UL, though...

I love Boar, for all-around armor, but it's no comparison to Hydra (L) for bots. I wish my Hydra set was UL, though...

I don't disagree with you on that :) The list I referred to, Spawn was stating good overall armors and he excluded my favorite series, Bear and Boar. I'm glad to own Boar again and it's not very easy to find a full set for sale nowadays. Now if only I can upgrade it to an adjusted or imp version... (MA I'm looking at you)

Thanks for all the input so far everyone, I tried to give rep where I was allowed.

I was not just focusing specifically on the core mobs, but it is just what got me thinking I needed some better bot armor do do some more challenging bots. I guess I would go for a set of rx1 if I could find a set for 10k.

I thought it was interesting I could do the lvl 5 harbs no problem in my gremlin+5b but not the lvl 5 evisc, I thought it would have been the other way around because the grem had a tiny bit of electric protection but zero pen. I could have switched plates but that just wears me out. That is kind of why I was thinking of getting another set just for bots, because from what I understand the bosses were cut/stb/imp, that way I could have just switched sets for the boss and then switched back.

But ya, I'd like to be able to do some bigger bots out in the world without a lot of struggle. I can do up to seg03 and BBs with what I have, but it could be easier with better armor.

Thanks again, I've got some thinking to do :)

I made a second list.. a few posts later.. and there they are.. I had bear.. I loved it.

Mahketta?

Farm a rxoptac set...

Skill dodge and be a super ninja

Mahketta?

Farm a rxoptac set...

Skill dodge and be a super ninja

I looked at the Mahketta, but its close to the adj nemi, I guess I'd prefer the buff on the adj nemi between the two. And then I thought, well if I was going for that, I'd just step up to adj jag and get some cold I don't have on my grem. Then I thought, maybe that's close enough to the dune rider, but if I was going to spend that money I might as well get shadow, but I hate the 23 stb on shadow, that's just stupid. That's like the 25 stb on Supra - wtf. I thought eon would be a good all around but then its only 22 imp, so then I was all :scratch2:

I didn't know the rx set was on farm. I like to farm. I guess I need more info on what and where to find the parts to turn in. I thought the pieces were a rare random drop. I do like the higher firearm stats on the rx2, but the lower impact and removal of electric was disappointing, wtf would they remove electric when its bot armor and evisc are bots and they do electric, makes no sense to me.

How to skill dodge now besides hunting bots? We used to be able to skill dodge by standing in the ring and shooting at each other with a Mann MPH. Or when you would go out to some remote drone locations and see a huge red dot on the radar where an uber would be parked out there with their mod faps and a large number of drones standing there firing away at them all night because they didn't have that ridiculous trapped mob code in yet :laugh:

Just do missions for dodge. If you've already got high general skills then you only need to boost the dodge skill to match evader.

Optac is a random drop, but from all bots. 7 random parts can be turned in for each part.

Optac is a random drop, but from all bots. 7 random parts can be turned in for each part.

Can anyone confirm if a Generic Nanoadjuster Cube or OpTac component ever dropped from a Drone or Droka? I shot up a TON of those and never saw a single one of either in loots. I got about 4 cubes from Troopers, plus the Mint Splicing Detector.

Can anyone confirm if a Generic Nanoadjuster Cube or OpTac component ever dropped from a Drone or Droka?

Nano adjuster -> Droka confirmed by me. However, this was months ago, may not occur anymore.

Back