Hide-and-Seek

KakLo

Old
Kaka kLara Lost
Is there some sort of hide-and-seek game running out there?

Today in my walk i found on the ground some user-placed items. It happens from time to time, but I'm not sure what is the idea. So if this is some sort of game or event, please point me to the rules.

Where abouts did you find the items & were they easy to see?

I found some ped cents at an outpost.
There was a construction machine there & I wondered if it was a test to see if people came there.
I don't know how true it is, but I read once that the less a construction machine is used the greater chance of success in crafting stuff.

Or it could just be someone being generous :)

Not sure if there's one going on now. Years ago, however, there used to be a continuous one. Someone hid an item, posted a screenshot of the item in it's hidden location (close up, so as to not give away too much detail right off), and then others would try to identify the location.

Once it was found, they would screenie it, then they would hide the item again and add something new. After hiding it, they would post the screenie of the new pile of items and the new location.

It would always stay on planet (never CP or FOMA), and we always hoped that whoever found the pile would continue the game.

It was actually a fun thing to do.

Edit: Found the thread of the original game that Spike started. Find it - Add to it - Hide it

Last edited:
I read the links, but they are too old. That mean, the game was abandoned. No surprise - with such rules there no reward for the explorer.
Anyway, I hid that crap in the wild. Maybe too well, will see.
The first clue:
You don't need to swim or fly, but you will need to avoid some mobs at first. That can make you to Sweat a bit, but not so hard - they have low aggression.

hideandseek.jpg

Reactions: DoA
Calypso Lon: 38xxx Lat: 40xxx

have recently dropped low level armour parts and some weapons in out of the way locations and a few in more well populated areas. Usually they are (UL) armour or (UL) small faps with the odd gun. I will check coords today to see if they have been picked up.

i do this with items that are not worth selling and occasionally an item with a double digit TT value just for fun

Calypso Lon: 38xxx Lat: 40xxx

The pile is no longer there.
Congratulations to whoever found them.

i do this with items that are not worth selling and occasionally an item with a double digit TT value just for fun

I want to thank you in advance for the next time when I find something :thumbup:

IIRC, the trouble with it was they would vanish after a server reset, which happens quite a lot atm!

Back