Is it allways night now or is it just me?

impossible to judge an image picture quality properly without actually being infront of the actual PC monitor in question. Since the monitor you're viewing the picture with is calibrated or not in different way than yours. So no way to judge in this case unless you wanna invite us to your home in order to do that :ahh:

You got it wrong. My screens are calibrated because I often use this PC for prepress,

No, I wasn't wrong. I was asking if you somehow got the ingame gamma to work in windowed mode, which it never has before, or if you were using your MS Windows and/or monitor settings. I was right, just didn't know you adjusted for work, not the game and it just so happened to work well for you.

Apologies if the way I worded it lead to a misunderstanding.

Just for shits and grins, I tweaked my monitor settings slightly. Still didn't help me though. :(

Unless I missed it, I haven't played for a couple of months and just started again, I have not seen MA mention this as a know issue in the release notes, kind of like so of the guns not having proper sound and the elevators not working in the condo (Although the elevators seem ok now).

If MA says it's a known issue and will be fixed, you don't have to remind them about it every three months.

It will be, maybe 2018 when ComPet beta will be released :rolleyes:

/mod note/ merged 2 threads on same topic

Night should be bright, if there is stars / shooting stars. :)

inside where the exp crafting terminal is, it's always night. :rolleyes:

Getting tired of having rickets.

I think Caly must be in Beta now.. :laugh:

Screenshot of my last global on Darkadia.

:cool:

zqPmuvm.jpg

I know people used to cream their jeans at the thought of having day night cycles, but I really enjoyed hunting in the game when there were no night cycles, I know, I know, I'm just weird like that. I don't mind that people got what they wanted, but I'd like to have a little balance. Trying to hunt feffs right now and its more dark than light and its a pain in the eyeballs. I think that's kind of backasswords. I was hoping maybe MA could see their way to balance it out a little more. How about 23 hours and 59 minutes of light, and 1 minute of dark every day. I would prefer the dark time was on European play time too. That would be most helpful.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Good laugh re: global on "Darkadia"

Also good laugh on suggestion 1 minute of dark per day in another time zone :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like the suggestion (if we must have nights) to make them bright with star light and throw in moonlight as well.

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to increase their business

Reactions: Mac
I know people used to cream their jeans at the thought of having day night cycles, but I really enjoyed hunting in the game when there were no night cycles, I know, I know, I'm just weird like that. I don't mind that people got what they wanted, but I'd like to have a little balance. Trying to hunt feffs right now and its more dark than light and its a pain in the eyeballs. I think that's kind of backasswords. I was hoping maybe MA could see their way to balance it out a little more. How about 23 hours and 59 minutes of light, and 1 minute of dark every day. I would prefer the dark time was on European play time too. That would be most helpful.

well surely as america is the land of the setting sun, it should be dark on your timezone ;)

I also HATE NIGHT!!! Lets have LESS night PLEASE :)

No. I like it.

When using my regular PC which must be a good 5 years old plus, Ithaca is black as black when the night kicks in, although if I use my misses modern laptop with same settings the night is not dark black and I can see everything. Both computers on the same standard normal default settings.

I've stopped switching computers now, if I log back in using the old computer most of my items or loot is surrounded by this yellow box type background, using double the spacing. It must remember the previous computer stats I guess, so gets confused. I don't know how to get rid of it, so just live with it.

Would be nice to have a reboot cache button I guess (if that's the problem).

Rick

Also not a fan of the dark - too much to ask MA for a "day and night on or off" option in setings ^^ Doesnt sound possible but then i heard some folks tweak Gamma?, but that only works in full screen :/ Room is very light, light curtains so cant do much other than stop hunting or flying for a while.

Last edited:
This is a bummer, indeed. And incomprehensible why there should be such a restriction.

I agree, Options where possible and sensible are good. Reminds me, maybe i should try sticking a low end Rx 460 into the old pavillion again....hmmm

Last edited:
I like the night, driving around with my headlights on :wtg:

to be true, the community asked and whined and yelled to get a day/night cycle for a long time to add some realism to the game.

well, we got it one day. or not.
some like it, some dont.

why not just have "day/night cycle" box to check or uncheck in our grafix options?
cycle broken? uncheck box!
dont like nights? uncheck box!
running low end gfx card? uncheck box!
too dark? uncheck box!

everybody would be happy!

Last edited:
to be true, the community asked and whined and yelled to get a day/night cycle for a long time to add some realism to the game.

well, we got it one day. or not.
some like it, some dont.

why not just have "day/night cycle" box to check or uncheck in our grafix options?
too dark? uncheck box!

People have asked for rain too too, in fact I remember when MA coded snow about 5 years ago for Christmas. There were such complaints we never saw it again.

I dont think you can call Day / Night something you can check or uncheck, if it became an option people would ask for water removal for those who want to mine under rivers, find fruit etc.... :yup:

Maybe even space removal...

too dark? uncheck box!

Not everybody :) I would rather have darker and longer nights than to know that there is no consistency of experience. My immersion already suffered 2 massive blows, first time when I learned that the music (not streaming) is not same for everyone in an area - I turned it off after that for good. Second time, when I observed the game on my and friend's screen at same time and saw that while on my screen we were standing next to each other, on his screen his avatar was like 5 meters away from mine. If the world is different for everyone, I could as well play a single-player game :handjob:

I never asked for night cycles, I would be happy if I had the option to turn it off, fucking around with my contrast every time it gets dark to make it so I can see is annoying.

I don't mind it overall but at Cyrene its crazy, it gets so dark so if you're playing on a sunny day irl you won't see anything except the HUD. Perhaps thats the perk of the winter here in Sweden.

Back