PSA: Stop repairing my Sleip without asking me.

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
Please. It's very rude.

I am trying to keep my Sleip on low HP so I get minimum decay from pirates. Same goes for my Quad-Wing.

Thank you.

Believe me I'm trying my best to remember that 24/7 lately. But sometimes I forget ;)

LOL don't compare me to him! Saving someone's life is better than using my ship as your skilling tool :wise:

The 300% markup on quad decay is painful :(

Idk why you're even having trouble with that? Never been shot down.

Idk why you're even having trouble with that? Never been shot down.

Do you go to Arkadia often? There's almost always a pirate waiting outside in my experience. Also depends on the hours you play at I guess.

Just happened to me a few days ago. He managed to take 2k Sweat from the total newbie I was flying to Caly too :mad:

Edit:

Also I want to add, this doesn't just happen in towns. I drop my sleip while mining for a couple min to go drill. And any old passerby takes this as an invitation walk up to it and repair it to full HP... Not saying their intentions are foul in any way, but it's quite frustrating.

Will try to remember to pick it up 24/7 I guess. But hopefully some of them will read this thread.

Also I want to add, this doesn't just happen in towns. I drop my sleip while mining for a couple min to go drill. And any old passerby takes this as an invitation walk up to it and repair it to full HP...

You could get a cheap sleipnir to use planetside, and only use quad when going in space.

As a sidenote, I often ask beginners who have their beginner level car if they want it fully repaired or not, telling them it will last longer if it's repaired just enough to move because it will destroyed fast if they get hit by mobs.

Telling people not to repair your ship (or not to heal you, or not to give you focus charges)... well you have a long way ahead of you. I mean, there are like 10 000 players ingame, and practically you will need to remind each one of them.

You could get a cheap sleipnir to use planetside, and only use quad when going in space.

As a sidenote, I often ask beginners who have their beginner level car if they want it fully repaired or not, telling them it will last longer if it's repaired just enough to move because it will destroyed fast if they get hit by mobs.

Personally I tell them to steer 100% clear of mob infested areas if they're travelling by car. It's just not worth losing that car if you aren't ready to deposit. Better not to risk it. I still have my car, use it all the time.

Personally I tell them to steer 100% clear of mob infested areas if they're travelling by car. It's just not worth losing that car if you aren't ready to deposit. Better not to risk it. I still have my car, use it all the time.

Yes, it's the best tip of couse... but then practically you need to lead the way.

From what I rememeber of early Days of vehicles (I guess beginners is at same stage now), is that you want to drive from Point A to Point B, then you get a couple of mobs behind you (say argonauts). Then you hit a tree and you can't move forward and streering away is hard... and you get a horde of 10 argonauts bashing your car. At that stage, beginners probably don't know how to exit their car fast, or maybe even that it's a good idea to exit car if it get continously hit.

Please. It's very rude.

I am trying to keep my Sleip on low HP so I get minimum decay from pirates. Same goes for my Quad-Wing.

Thank you.

Sorry no can do. If that Sleip ends up in my inner circle I seem to turn into a repair cowboy :ahh:

Nanananana this is not how you game. You repair your quad to full hp every single time so pirates have to shoot a million times to receive no loot at all :=)

Reactions: ZPF
Nanananana this is not how you game. You repair your quad to full hp every single time so pirates have to shoot a million times to receive no loot at all :=)

Hahaha yeah this used to be my old logic. But I plan on using the same quad/sleip until I die, won't work out if I let pirates decay it all the time. I hope everyone else with lots of PED thinks your way though. Screw those pirates :wtg:

In the meantime I will just bang my sleip against lots of trees (no decay) until it's low HP again :broke:

Last edited:
Wait, so pirate damage is the same as mob damage? ie different from damage you get from running into trees and other structures?

Wait, so pirate damage is the same as mob damage? ie different from damage you get from running into trees and other structures?

Correct Sir.

I second the OP's request and reasons. It's a little difficult though, since people have been conditioned this way and believe they are actually doing you a favour. And you won't reach everybody by this communication. The only help is to not use your space vehicle while on planet.

Don't spawn it in a populated area if you don't want the community to interact with it.

Do you mind not spawning you're Sleip and then running away to go drill a claim, instead drill you're claim and then spawn it, and fly away. You cause me unnecessary lag and are causing visual pollution to the scenery directly on my mining route.

Don't spawn it in a populated area if you don't want the community to interact with it.

Thank you for the grouchy and condescending comment (I'm noticing a pattern).

In case you didn't read the whole thread - I mentioned that even while I'm out in the open mining, passerbys will drop down and repair my Sleip as if it's their civic duty.

Do you mind not spawning you're Sleip and then running away to go drill a claim, instead drill you're claim and then spawn it, and fly away. You cause me unnecessary lag and are causing visual pollution to the scenery directly on my mining route.

Since we're having some fun here, my advice to you:

Buy a better computer. Or play Tetris.

As for pirate damage... I'm starting to suspect pirates are a myth, haven't seen one in more than a year.

If possible, try flying at different times of day.

As for pirate damage... I'm starting to suspect pirates are a myth, haven't seen one in more than a year.

If possible, try flying at different times of day.

If you check out the PvP HOF board, there is almost always a NVE member on there with a dozen+ kills.

And then there are still a handful of non-career pirates that aren't in NVE.

I agree they're not as prevalent as a few months ago. Perhaps piracy isn't so profitable anymore :wtg:

I intentionally keep my quad fully repaired, I like to get skills for being shot at :)

Don't know how some of you manage to avoid pirates. I'm currently flying my 3rd quad, so it's well over 200 deaths. I've even been shot down several times while leaving Next Island :D Most of the time it's not NVE but some names I never heard before. Couldn't care less anyway, I just repair and keep going.

I intentionally keep my quad fully repaired, I like to get skills for being shot at :)

Don't know how some of you manage to avoid pirates. I'm currently flying my 3rd quad, so it's well over 200 deaths. I've even been shot down several times while leaving Next Island :D Most of the time it's not NVE but some names I never heard before. Couldn't care less anyway, I just repair and keep going.

It's easy for me, space is like that plunger you use once a year because have no other choice.

In the current state of the game, atleast.

:smoke:

My first and only sleip is almost three years old now, 23.46/24.00. I've been shot twice ever. (Plus one mysterious case where I crashed when entering space and found myself in SS upon logging back in - I presume I just flew straight ahead and was shot but not really sure what happened)

Time of day is the key.

My first and only sleip is almost three years old now, 23.46/24.00. I've been shot twice ever. (Plus one mysterious case where I crashed when entering space and found myself in SS upon logging back in - I presume I just flew straight ahead and was shot but not really sure what happened)

Time of day is the key.

Not all can play, if Time of day is :)

if you make a support case on this, MA will basically tell you anybody can skill repair anytime they choose on anybody's vehicles, without fear of consequence because somebody asked them not to repair! :wise:

now, if you're in PvP, and one person constantly blowing up a vehicle while other constantly repairing, that is a different story there... I believe that's considered decay harassment!

if you make a support case on this, MA will basically tell you anybody can skill repair anytime they choose on anybody's vehicles, without fear of consequence because somebody asked them not to repair! :wise:

now, if you're in PvP, and one person constantly blowing up a vehicle while other constantly repairing, that is a different story there... I believe that's considered decay harassment!

Good thing I am not asking for a change in rules :laugh:

Just hoping people will think twice before doing what they perceive as a "favor" and take these concerns into consideration. I have faith in the communtiy :wise:

Good thing I am not asking for a change in rules :laugh:

Just hoping people will think twice before doing what they perceive as a "favor" and take these concerns into consideration. I have faith in the communtiy :wise:

You could lobby for introduction of vehicle name plates, similar to pet name tags. Say, 12 characters - enough for "DON'T REPAIR" but not enough to abuse for advertising.

this thread reminds me of "please stop faping me" thread, cant find it unfortunately

Back