Old skool memories

TeesMaarKhan

Prowler
Society
Shaolin
Tees Maar Khan - Formerly The Crouching Tiger 2006 - 2011
Brings back some memories

Reactions: Mac
Hey, that's not old school, they are using ball faps ;)

j/k, fun to see old game pics :)

Shame twin ring is not a popular meeting place anymore, so much fun had there over the years!

Shame twin ring is not a popular meeting place anymore, so much fun had there over the years!

Indeed! I have a couple of old pics of tweaks ring fun :)

Nothing like those days now where we used to have many many avatars running in and out of the ring trash talking and dualing it out and getting whacked and reviving to go do it all over again :(

I was remembering it used to be so funny when some newbie would run in to the ring and then run outside the ring thinking they were still safe and start trash talking not realizing they were still flagged for pvp and someone would run out of the ring and whack them :laugh:

Or the people who were scared to go into the ring because they would get killed, when the revive terminal was right there by the ring :laugh:

Last edited:
ahhh when BA Evo ruled the ring :ahh:...good times

Serious good times man...2nd from right is ancient, whitey aka whitestar, then zunami, Tree hulys, Kamala, h0n3y, me, amanda RA,Muner No name, Sevvys, dont know the next 2 then typical Kimmi, the next 2 is Speschl and Su, alex cool guy

Last edited:

Yeah, I feel in the past people had way more free time for doing random stuff and hanging around. Now most people seem to be on their own personal mission just trying to get around as quick as possible to maximise time.

I think in the past EU was just such a nice place to hang around in. It always felt busy at twin and at PA square. Certainly one could pass a few hours of fun without spending much ped because it was just fun to hang around and chat. I think people did this because they wanted to be part of the EU community, if you were out for the day you were missing out on some fun thing that someone was doing.

At some point EU lost this for me and i think a lot of others too (i think post VU 10 personally)... Maybe we are just too busy IRL these days to want to hang around in a virtual world, maybe it is the new huge maps and planets which have spread everyone out.. Maybe there is so much to do in game we don't have time to hang around, i don't know..

I lost a lot of my old pic....stupid hard drive :mad:

Those aren't even old-school, really...middle-school perhaps. :)

I remember feuding with some of the more mouthy, arrogant members of the cK back in the old days, and discovered I had a talent for boxing that all but negated skills & health points, because back then, boxing was more about how you boxed than about your skills & health; auto-targeting didn't exist then. I found I could out-box a lot of players far more skilled than I, with way more health points than I, by strafing and using trajectory prediction when punching, not just trying to hit right at the target. (This was a skill I learned gaming as a 33.6 modem player against low-ping DSL & LAN players in QuakeWorld and other FPS games--I'm dating myself here!) So boxing was more about how *I* played, and not determined merely by stats.

I challenged several of the cK members to duels; Demosthenes, Qmefox, Rei and Leafren, easily defeating them all in player witnessed, unarmored, Aggressio-only ring-matches...with some, I still had more than half my health remaining after the knockout punch was landed...oh, how angry that made them, as I was an utter n00b in the boxing ring, both skill & HP-wise--but was a better gamer. :) I was finally bested in a pretty close match by Vapz, who had WAY more HP than me (and was a helluva lot more polite and friendly, ironically). There was also a boxing event many years ago that I participated in...I met Marco at that event and shared a few words...but early on, I matched up with BlueFire, who cleaned my clock. Then again, BlueFire had probably the most HP of any player at the time.

That's one of the few legacies of mine that I'll never forget. :boxer:

ahhh, the time that we made that nice chatter noise when we typed messages.
I miss those voices....:rolleyes:

The platform choice made so many nice, creative, hand-coded details of the game impossible or the effort to re-implement them insurmountable.

Back