SQL errors

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
For some items when I specifically try to update range, I get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Range=7.8 WHERE ID=21' at line 1​

My most recent was is trying to update the range on Teleportation Chip V TEN Edition to 7.8 km. Has anyone figured out what's causing this or how to get around it? I've had a few weapons and other items I can't update because of this now.

You'll have to omit it. No one is developing on Entropedia.

You'll have to omit it. No one is developing on Entropedia.

There were a couple people restoring the database to alternate locations , using data provided by 711 .
Hopefully it will be again accessible for edit.

Range has been bugged for a while, u have to leave it out.

In mid-February, I was able to contact Witte, and he said he would provide me with the code for the Entropedia site so that it can continue to be maintained and developed.

I'm presently occupied with other things, but I'll follow this up again soon.

For some items when I specifically try to update range, I get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Range=7.8 WHERE ID=21' at line 1​

The problem is because "MySQL" (and probably "mariadb") server has added "range" as a reserved word; it means that there is problem with all software that works with databases that has a column name "range". Either the application needs to be rewritten (the SQL statements that refers to that column), or that the column name itself is "renamed" to, let's say, ItemMaxrange.

Back