Early summer?

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
I've been checking Entropia tracker from time to time; to see how big the player-base is.
While before Merry Mayhem we had about ~4300 active hunters; that number has now dropped to below 3900.
The number of hunters have actually steady going down over the weeks, like players are trickling away.

Now, with summer not started yet; and Compet still having to launch; I wonder how low the player-base will get. Will the numbers of miners and crafters drop below 1000?

I've decided to this up from time to time in this thread.

active (at least one global in last 30 days):
Hunters: 3 891
miners: 1 179
crafters: 1 124

If the sky falls, and there is no one around to hear it; thus it still make a thundering sound?

It's either that or the chance of getting a global has been decreased.

not everyone globals - especialy if you are a swunter or just hunt smaller stuff.
I have not globaled solo in a few months, but I do cycle about 500 Ped a month (i depo $50 a month)... I like to shoot shared loot mobs and swunt.

So I think those numbers are just not accurate

Dont forget about other planets. The entropia tracker only tracks globals on a particular planet if there are at least 5 trackers running.

If you hunt on less populated planets your globals will simply not be tracked because of the above rule.

Therefore using entropia tracker only to measure overall player activity is not accurate

not everyone globals - especialy if you are a swunter or just hunt smaller stuff.
I have not globaled solo in a few months, but I do cycle about 500 Ped a month (i depo $50 a month)... I like to shoot shared loot mobs and swunt.

So I think those numbers are just not accurate

do not forget to take into account the "(shared loot)" globals. :)

It is not about the accuracy in absolute numbers. It is a trend that one can follow over time.
A couple of years ago; the figure was about 5700 and it keeps dropping.
Now the fact is that summer and compet still have to come around. And the question is how this will effect the game.

While i can't comment on the number of hunters, the number of globals is up compared to may last years (data is a little sparse a time)

5-13-2014
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 1 619 434 PED
Weekly Globals 13 565
Most globals Feffox

3-31-2015
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 1 934 030 PED
Weekly Globals 17 276
Most globals Feffox

last 7 days
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 2 705 522 PED
Weekly Globals 23 275
Most globals Kerberos

so would suspect its shared loot as mentioned above

One option could be to run a script on a chat log (with many of the channels open), at the end of each month that looks for unique names...

However I have no idea the legality of this hehe. For now these numbers are the best we have :).

There have been over 200 globals on shared mobs in the past 24hrs, considering some of these will take multiple avatars to kill (boss mobs).

A lot of the activity drop can be linked with the increased introduction of shared mobs (over the last 5 years)

I've been checking Entropia tracker from time to time; to see how big the player-base is.
While before Merry Mayhem we had about ~4300 active hunters; that number has now dropped to below 3900.
The number of hunters have actually steady going down over the weeks, like players are trickling away.

Now, with summer not started yet; and Compet still having to launch; I wonder how low the player-base will get. Will the numbers of miners and crafters drop below 1000?

I've decided to this up from time to time in this thread.

If the sky falls, and there is no one around to hear it; thus it still make a thundering sound?

Idk how reliable those numbers are.

I just came back after a several month break and I have been doing the shared loot event. No globals yet from single mobs.

There are a bunch of people doing the shared loot event so...

Edit: looks like everyone said the same thing lol

I guess it has to do with shared mobs.
A second reason could be the change in events.
The deletion of categories in both Merry Mayhem and Easter Mayhem hit the hunterbase hard. Because if the top 20 hunters always take all the prizes. .. why skillup? Why buy rings? Why have big armor? Why participate? And the ultimate question.. Why play ? Maybe for some hunters mm was the final drop in the bucket.

The numbers will be interesting indeed. As the OP said, this is not absolute, but it will show a trend. In the OP we have a starting point. As long as MA don't change global thresholds, this will be a good overal indicator (not absolute) of active globalers in PE.

Look forward to future updates.

Rgds

Ace

+rep good initiative

I wish at the client loader we would just have a number tracker for us to view;

Calypso: 10
Arkadia: 5
Rocktropia: 1

etc etc (obvi it will be more than 16 people)

other mmos iv'e played have had this and its nice to see

All the new mobs have not yet been classified. Those aren't in the totals . As it has been the case every time one of these threads have been created.

All the new mobs have not yet been classified. Those aren't in the totals . As it has been the case every time one of these threads have been created.

mmmmmm, that won't help.....

Rgds

Ace

mmmmmm, that won't help.....

Rgds

Ace

Already has since I classified the mobs. I wasn't responding to the op as it is a sky is falling post. I was responding to jetman's numbers but just didn't quote it.

To the other point in the OP, it was 3400 this time last year. So basically by your logic, activity has increased. Active hunters not as important as activity/turnover.

I know that some of older mobs are not classified either. Or there is some other tracker problem. For example warlocks are not registering in totals and not showing to player stats however they do show in players latest globals. I think this has smth to do with the mob name as it is 4 different warlocks that are not shared and god knows how many that are shared ones + event ones. And i think thats not only warlocks, some new mobs like the gate defenders and reclaimers are in the same bucket. However when EL tallyes up ur global count or total loot they do seem to count them in.
Anyways its just a tracker, its a superb feature and i use it daily but sometimes i wish there wouldnt be one at all like in the old days. But since we have it and it is a free of charge "service" i think we just need to be patient or ask developers if we can donsmth to help and improve it instead of confuse forums with threads that seek explanations of weird figures on EL!

Cheers
Soko

Dont forget about other planets. The entropia tracker only tracks globals on a particular planet if there are at least 5 trackers running.

If you hunt on less populated planets your globals will simply not be tracked because of the above rule.

Therefore using entropia tracker only to measure overall player activity is not accurate

Well don't forget the logic in this here. :)

But yes it's an early summer I would say. I have even been out in the RL a few times already this year due to our great summer weather we been getting here in Oregon this last winter. (BTW anyone hear that they now say glaciers will be gone by 2030?)

I myself have been slowing down a bit in game. Haven't deposited in 292 days. I'm still very active in game slowly working off all my inventory I have saved up over the years but haven't found the desire to deposit due to the changes going on in game. I do have hope that MA will work out it's issues.

The issue I have are:

- MA moving away from RCE
- Most new items are now becoming UB
- Over all MU and loot has been down with no desire to visit Calypso due to the loot balancing issue.

But I guess what lost it for me was when MA change the Globals. I once was very active in game hunting for that simple 50ped global. That was the fun of it. Couldn't happen but there was that chance. And when I got that global it made my week! 10ped globals and more MA putting a cap on most mobs have just sucked the fun out of the game for me as of this point.

But at the end we do have hope that MA will look at the current issues and fix them -- as I'm guessing they will over time. I just hope that don't give up on EU and move to compets.

As it relates to hunting, average mu is going up. But, in calypso it is more of a luck factor in some cases. It is just that you have to understand that the game isn't easy.

Shrapnel didn't drop markup in hunting OR average markup in most cases because many oils were tt food or <101% anyway.

I'm actually having easier time last few months hitting my average markup targets.

And you can easily see now there aren't those caps that you think were there. 25k sumima, 9k puny many chang, etc. The big hits of old were paid by the losses of others. As we go to a more uber eco era, that's going to be difficult to achieve because there are less losses as a whole.

lol, just posted this sentence in another thread!!!! So I paste it here for your info too.

".....already missing 1/3 of globals maybe, because I live on RT plenty of my time and have a bad habit to play early in the morning UTC or late in night US east coast time! So don't count so much on these info since many people forget or afraid to use, maybe the best tool for information gathering in entropia."

New people don't know about it and old don't use it for many reasons!!!!
I try and sometimes and I'm asking people, in main chat, to start it if I remember about it and start my EL client too ofc :laugh:

But in the other hand, I noticed a decline to interesting posts in PCF too, so maybe people are not participating much in any activities about entropia, keeping strengths for the next events, who knows. That's last thing is MA's fault! They made people to change habits.

Entropia is mostly a winter game for me. The days are short and the nights are long.

While i can't comment on the number of hunters, the number of globals is up compared to may last years (data is a little sparse a time)

5-13-2014
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 1 619 434 PED
Weekly Globals 13 565
Most globals Feffox

3-31-2015
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 1 934 030 PED
Weekly Globals 17 276
Most globals Feffox

last 7 days
Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 2 705 522 PED
Weekly Globals 23 275
Most globals Kerberos

so would suspect its shared loot as mentioned above

Maybe detract all the mini-globals before comparing ?! (kerberos were introduced when? global-threshold was lowered when?) ?

I totally agree with OpaloMan about the lame sub-50-PED globals. Getting a global now is practically meaningless for me. I realize the mini-globes are a motivator and incentive for the lower-end players hunting n00b mobs, but maybe they shouldn't be globals. If it were me, I'd have a different animation for sub-50-PEDders, something that perhaps doesn't break out into 3rd-person view and is fun, but less inspiring than a "true" global, and DEFINITELY something that doesn't spam the chat window with useless sub-50-PED entries.

Getting a global used to be a real moment, but now it's watered down to the point of "meh".

Maybe detract all the mini-globals before comparing ?! (kerberos were introduced when? global-threshold was lowered when?) ?

the mini globals about 2 years ago + kerb mission were maybe a year ago? making the last march still comparable at least.

I just think globals are harder to get these days.

To much loot is put into shared loot mobs, there's not much left over for non shared.

My global rate has decreased significantly the last few months, and I hunt the same as I always did.
2 weeks ago, never got a global in the week at all.

It's the event winners (and all their alt avatars) that only come out when there's a big event to cash in on. :eyecrazy:

I used to graph the daily stats (way back when it still showed daily stats) just to get a quick view of relative activity. A graph is so much cooler than just peds and percentages.

I think the problem is MA are separate from the planets and have lost touch. The platform doesn't need endless new arbitrary features, autoloot, creature control pills, buffs, rings, new TT products, these all seem like novelty updates that detract from the core principles of EU (that we are a RCE). There should be more focus on building systems like the malls, banks, stables, apartments and LAs and new ones. There are so many systems that a RCE needs. Ability to loan items securely, ability to sell shares in your business, ability to take out proper long term loans from the bank and have savings accounts, etc etc.

I think this puts people off a lot, hence the "slowing down". The future is not as bright as it used to be perhaps.

The last few big sales have added nothing to EU for the wider population as well. Only new armour or a red quad wing lol. Even monria is essentially same stuff different place, nothing really new imo.

EDIT:

Why should a ring boost your speed by 15%? This isn't WoW MA.

Last edited:
I think the problem is MA are separate from the planets and have lost touch. The platform doesn't need endless new arbitrary features, autoloot, creature control pills, buffs, rings, new TT products, these all seem like novelty updates that detract from the core principles of EU (that we are a RCE). There should be more focus on building systems like the malls, banks, stables, apartments and LAs and new ones. There are so many systems that a RCE needs. Ability to loan items securely, ability to sell shares in your business, ability to take out proper long term loans from the bank and have savings accounts, etc etc.

I think this puts people off a lot, hence the "slowing down". The future is not as bright as it used to be perhaps.

The last few big sales have added nothing to EU for the wider population as well. Only new armour or a red quad wing lol. Even monria is essentially same stuff different place, nothing really new imo.

EDIT:

Why should a ring boost your speed by 15%? This isn't WoW MA.

I could care less about malls and banks man... IMO the core of EU is and has always been hunting, crafting and mining.

Right now crafting is in the gutter. There is nothing useful worth crafting, no demand. Haven't seen cool new BPs in forever. Hunting loot is full of ammo and shrapnel. Mining loot is worthless except for a few key resources. The economy is lifeless and weak and frankly, boring.

Would not be surprised at all if there a trend of lowering activity across the board. And I don't blame certain avatars for only logging in for events. In their shoes I would do the same. Too bad there are never any mining events :laugh:

Matthew, you are missing the big picture.. as most are.

Buffs are to stabilize tt returns and provide situational bonuses but also add an extra decay element to the game.. which in turns makes the game solvent since development costs come from somewhere. The net effect though is less losses into the loot pool (losses exceeding rake and skill paybacks), so globals will be a little rarer as a whole. We also have to remember that a loot curve in this game can't be noticed in a 500 ped hunt or a 5000 ped hunt even. So people's expectations are already flawed out of the gate. Feeling loot, putting your finger in the air to determine rng.. is a quick way to lose opportunities.

Building more malls, stables, etc is not good. We need to make use of what we have first with the playerbase we have. We don't need more supply. To do that though, crafting needs revamped. No more looting L items in hunting. Rather parts that have to be assembled similarly to how they are doing theverything adjusted maddox. I think in a way this should even be applied to ul items now.

More sandbox, more variety and combinations.. less static. Allow to combine a gun with red paint to colorize the gun. Etc.

2016-04-13

2016-04-20
Hunters: 3 867
miners: 1 128
crafters: 1 133

Back