Help: Question...?

Society
CoL Church of Lootius
Hi there,

I am an old player, and after a break I have decided to start playing again. In my time you could mine only for ores or en matter, but not for both in the same time.

I am curious, are there any theories to support mining just for 1 resource at one time, or doing it for both?

All opinions are welcomed, and thanks in advance...

Hi there,

I am an old player, and after a break I have decided to start playing again. In my time you could mine only for ores or en matter, but not for both in the same time.

I am curious, are there any theories to support mining just for 1 resource at one time, or doing it for both?

All opinions are welcomed, and thanks in advance...

There is no special magic that happens if you mine one or both. Mine for what you think will give you the best markup, that's all.

There is no special magic that happens if you mine one or both. Mine for what you think will give you the best markup, that's all.

Thank you, my question was asked more because I have noticed some things:

When I mined for both resources, it had happened more than once to find a claim (let's say ore) and then drop another probe nearby, and found a new claim of a different type (let's say en) right next to the old claim.

Considering the fact that both claims were in the coverage area of the finder, shouldn't I have founded both with the same probe?

So you can see, that my problem is with the fact that I don't feel that mining for both resources is the best way to get the best TT return.

I will probably do also some tests while mining for ores/en separately and both at the same time to see how can I get the best results.

Also skill wise, I have the feeling (not based on actual facts yet) that I will get more skills when mining for just one resource at the time.

Thanks again for your reply.

My experience is that when ever I double drop, I pretty much only hit enmats. So instead of 10 probes to find enmats, I wind up using 30. I no longer double drop.

Thank you, my question was asked more because I have noticed some things:

When I mined for both resources, it had happened more than once to find a claim (let's say ore) and then drop another probe nearby, and found a new claim of a different type (let's say en) right next to the old claim.

Considering the fact that both claims were in the coverage area of the finder, shouldn't I have founded both with the same probe?

So you can see, that my problem is with the fact that I don't feel that mining for both resources is the best way to get the best TT return.

I will probably do also some tests while mining for ores/en separately and both at the same time to see how can I get the best results.

Also skill wise, I have the feeling (not based on actual facts yet) that I will get more skills when mining for just one resource at the time.

Thanks again for your reply.

TT return should not be affected. Do you use LBML? I recommend you do some tests with the TT finder (low probe cost) and confirm that double dropping twice in the same spot is finding you new claims. I ran this test a long time ago and my conclusion was no.

I have mined for both at the same time and also for just one type at a time. Over the long haul (1,000 drops min), my hit rate was virtually the same. A long while ago, i even double hoffed on one drop (never happened again...). I know there are some miners (one of the mining logs states it, but I'd have to search it out) who triple mine (ores, enmatter, treasure) with no issues. Only reason I don't do it all the time is I am not too fond of oil and few other enmats. I use an F105 a lot and although I seem to find most (except for the rarest of rares) ores, I seem to hit a lot of oil with it.

Back