Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
Hey guys, bit of a dilemma.

So I haven't played for quite a while and things have changed drastically. I'm pretty happy with a lot of these changes honestly, though don't know where to go with weapon type.

Since mining is sadly dead, I decided to start hunting (which I have always wanted to do). I can't decide between mindforce, laser, or blp.

I know some of the pros/cons but dont have a very organized view on this.

I know that mindforce caps early and doesnt give much for late game or competitions (aside from arsonistic). So that certainly isnt my first choice, but I want to hear how its doing still.

Laser, the amps bug me. I like laser a lot and have always enjoyed the guns + the new skill gain guns.

On the other hand, blp amps are cheap as hell, though I am only like 25 blp dmg vs 31 laser dmg.

I dont want to spend 35k+ ped on guns/amps until after lvl 50-60, but what are the pros/cons of laser and blp? I want to be able to progress to late game and do well. But I just cant decide. Obviously I dont want to have to drop 25k peds on an amp right off the bat.

So yea, age old topic but with new guns and such I cant come to a conclusion myself. So what would you guys recommend and why?

Since mining is sadly dead

Obviously off topic so feel free to ignore me, but just curious what you mean by this. I still see a higher average MU from mining than I ever see hunting on ammoshrapnelypso!

Obviously off topic so feel free to ignore me, but just curious what you mean by this. I still see a higher average MU from mining than I ever see hunting on ammoshrapnelypso!

I mean that I used to get 132% avg mu mining. So to me its dead. Theres a reason you dont see Eve mining anymore :)

I used to mine straight gazz + alt or straight narc + alt. Those 3 ores, that was it, now only 1 zone is left and mu is shit, awesome!

Hunting is pretty great though imo.

Last edited:
I mean that I used to get 132% avg mu mining. So to me its dead. Theres a reason you dont see Eve mining anymore :)

I used to mine straight gazz + alt or straight narc + alt. Those 3 ores, that was it, now only 1 zone is left and mu is shit, awesome!

Hunting is pretty great though imo, I'm getting at least 110% mu.

Gotcha. I feel you there.

Back in the day I would mine randomly, without any clue what I was doing, come out with 60-70% TT returns, and still break even because of the insane markups on everything (even lyst had decent markup back then...)

It is most definitely dead if you're comparing it to the golden days :cool:

132% avg MU is still possible but not consistently. Best I've been able to manage is 120-125% nowadays and that's on a very good day.

Both blp and laser have low mu L guns, i think it mostly depends what you like more and which unlimited gun you want when you hit higher levels

Both blp and laser have low mu L guns, i think it mostly depends what you like more and which unlimited gun you want when you hit higher levels

Agree with this, Mindforce doesn't seem worth it at all atm.

I don't hunt too often but what I usually do is hit daily bonus missions and just buy CDF guns... I hate paying markup on guns.

Also beast amp is really cheap and effective, that's what attracted me to BLP over laser

Last edited:
Mêlee.

Cheap blades Cheap amps. Cheap dps. Nice eco. Nice hp boost. Cool defensive skills.

BLP if youre a man
Laser if youre a girl/trans/genderfluid
Mindforce if you wanna play Gandalf

Perhaps melee could be something too, cheap weapons and melee amps.

BLP if youre a man

Lmao! Girl/trans/genderfluid xD

Gandalf sounds pretty good to me.

BLP if youre a man

agree

10chars

BLP: Lower up front investment to get to higher DPS; amps typically last much longer than laser amps. Lower eco than laser and typically lower range with the exception of certain guns (ML, Baringer etc.)

Laser: More time/money spent getting to higher DPS; amps have fewer total uses (though improved amps and such have offset this somewhat); eco typically higher than BLP and typically higher range.

Well, that is my assessment of the two at least. ;) I personally go with laser because I'm not much of a depositor so I don't have peds to burn. Plus, Entropia is about the long run, and if you use laser long enough you can eventually rival BLP DPS.

BLP if youre a man

Don't stereotype noblet.

Mindforce is not prime time ready until they add amps. I suspect this happens for this years migration. Melee is cheap and will allow you to keep your bankroll to flip back and forth to mining bcause mining is NOT dead just not necessarily guaranteed profit like before. If you're expecting something different with hunting.. man you're in for a shock.

Do what is fun for you.. best part of the game.. it's really up to your goals which path you take. Just find what is nice for you so that you don't change paths every 3 months.

Amps and tiering have made melee competitive on any level. U have to love it to do it. If u do it right it won't let u down.

With MF u risking to run into the dead end eventually... which might change soon but u have to take a risk there.

BLP and Laser is the mainstream. Safer but also more competition. Getting away from the crowds while staying on the mainstream is the best way to go. There's some good options on higher lvls for both, plus new possibilities might pop up in the future. That's the good thing with the mainstream, u can never be let down and forgotten.

I took the BLP way because mod Stark (pre-VU9) had this magnificent heavy thumping sound. That's just stupid, I know. I was a stupid noob hu knew nothing... I got lucky thou, never had to regret it. :cool:

I personally chose laser because I thought the hl12 particle effects were the best thing in the game (and still do). If they ever made a rifle that was similar, I would buy that instantly. In the end, it's the small things that really matter when it comes to weapons of choice.

Do what's fun.

It all comes down to the question if you like "Pew Pew" or you more into "Ratatatat Ratatatat"

I'd say Blp sounds more awesome, thats why im using it.

I enjoyed being able to do Laser as my primary skill, but was able to use a regular Minisweeper V1 to rapidly skill up BLP, back in the old days. Loved that gun!

It all comes down to the question if you like "Pew Pew" or you more into "Ratatatat Ratatatat"

I'd say Blp sounds more awesome, thats why im using it.

Personally I hate all the sounds, except the sounds of probes exploding in the ground :cool:

I miss the old bomb sounds though. :(

I love MF, but wouldnt use it as my main hunting profession. Just doesn't have the same options as the other two. I collect and play with MF for fun and some of my highest levels are MF, but still turn to laser to hunt "properly".

It depends on what you hunt though, If I am grinding something mid to low level, there are some nice UL elec chips still around, and makes a change from the pew pew pew :)

What about MF to heal and laser to hunt? Best of both worlds. There are some nice big healy chips out there.

What about MF to heal and laser to hunt? Best of both worlds. There are some nice big healy chips out there.
This. I love my adj res chip. :)

Back