Black Screenshots only

Mad Mike Hoare

Provider
Mike Mad Mike Hoare
Hi,

EL makes screenshots, but black ones only. The file name is correct as in i.E. 2016-04-17 -- Leviathan Old 109 PED.jpg

Any setting I have to adjust? Does anyone know?

Thx
Mike

Yes, you use windows 10 or 8.1 and that don't allow EL to take screenshot in Full Screen mode!
Use window mode to get screens, or install windows 7.

Yes, you use windows 10 or 8.1 and that don't allow EL to take screenshot in Full Screen mode!

I use Windows7 and i also get Black Screenshots:scratch2:

I use Windows7 and i also get Black Screenshots:scratch2:

Yes. I got black screenshots when i had windows 7 as well (using windows 10 currently).. would really like a fix for this somehow..

There's a screenshot app? Where?

There are many options for screen shoot i use Entropia Tracker wich i can recomend ewen if i cant use full screen with win 10. u can goggle screen shoot to se other options or search here on the forum to u will find some others.
Good luck :)

If we could get full screen screenshots in Win10 (via ET) that would be very appreciated. There must be a way...

How do I install this entropia tracker screen tool?

Or just run EL client in admin mode and it'll work fine in windows 10 too...

Since windows 8.0 Microsoft uses a new window manager (dwm.exe), this is like KDE, Gnome, or others desktop window manager for Linux... so if you want print-screens in full-screen at windows 8.1 or windows 10 you need to replace window manager for other.

Solution:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383450

or

http://superuser.com/questions/581673/disable-desktop-composition-in-windows-8-force-it

Thx for the tip but this tech nub isnt going to play with that lol ;p

I have a method that can capture full screen windows 10,

Pictures to follow if i remember to follow up,

Windows 10 !!!

Open Xbox

go to settings->game dvr

Assign a new Key combination to "Take screenshot", do not use "Alt", "Ctrl", "Windows Key". Use the Shift key and any letter of your picking.....

I use "shift + s"

images are saved

"C:\Users\%User%\Videos\Captures"

tested and worked on the day of this post.

Since windows 8.0 Microsoft uses a new window manager (dwm.exe), this is like KDE, Gnome, or others desktop window manager for Linux... so if you want print-screens in full-screen at windows 8.1 or windows 10 you need to replace window manager for other.

Solution:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383450

or

http://superuser.com/questions/581673/disable-desktop-composition-in-windows-8-force-it

Seems really strange that it works for me out of the box, I didn't modify anything. Windows 10.1511 Pro, 64-bit.

Seems really strange that it works for me out of the box, I didn't modify anything. Windows 10.1511 Pro, 64-bit.

I have win 10 Enterpice and pro and with EL it dont work because because the dwm like eSoul says.

win8 - 10 DWM is allways ON Microsoft

Solution for me now is i added entropia.exe in Steam (non steam games) and than start it with steam and use steams F12 print screens ,sadly you cant change print key in EL to F12 :(

I have win 10 Enterpice and pro and with EL it dont work because because the dwm like eSoul says.

win8 - 10 DWM is allways ON Microsoft

Solution for me now is i added entropia.exe in Steam (non steam games) and than start it with steam and use steams F12 print screens ,sadly you cant change print key in EL to F12 :(

I will try to figure out why mine works.

By the way, you can change screenshot hot key in steam settings.

Yeah ,but not "Print screen" key :laugh:

By "works" what exactly do you mean? EL automatic screenshot works? Manual printscreen in game, fullscreen works? Windowed works?

If you play on Windowed mode it will work on Windows 10. It's only Full screen that seems to be bugged.

I don't have windows 10, but I hate that I can't play in full screen because of this entropialife program bug.

I don't have windows 10, but I hate that I can't play in full screen because of this entropialife program bug.

Its not a bug but a feature/issue that the program developer has not yet addressed since windows 7.

Back