Watch auction item.

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
I think it would be nice to have a function whereby you could watch an auction, and get a reminder when it is close to ending.

There are a few things I fancy on auction, but wouldn't necessarily bid on them yet. I would like to be able to favorite or watch them, so when I am back at auction I could have a look in my current favorite/watched items tab, and decide what I would like to buy :)

I think it would be nice to have a function whereby you could watch an auction, and get a reminder when it is close to ending.

There are a few things I fancy on auction, but wouldn't necessarily bid on them yet. I would like to be able to favorite or watch them, so when I am back at auction I could have a look in my current favorite/watched items tab, and decide what I would like to buy :)

I second this! Would be a great feature

what a great idea !
I do the watch auction on ebay all the time...

what a great idea !
I do the watch auction on ebay all the time...

:)

It was funny, I was looking at something I fancied, just needed to free up some peds first - so was hunting for the favourite or watch button, then realised there wasn't! Seemed like it should have been there. I am sure such a thing could be of use :)

Last edited:
I would like messaging system where you input items or resources you maybe wish to buy. (its not an automatic buy order).
As soon someone selling items from your wish list on auction - code look for your ignoring list and if seller is not there you get message that resource or item is a viable on auction.
Ignoring list is important as you would be able to put there all resellers, market manipulators and all auction spammers who usually troll auction with small quantity or small TT of items and resources and with stratospheric MU.

+1 to this!!! Simple but extremely usefull!
I lost items because I didn't wanted to reveal my interest before auction ends!

Bad idea since additional bid sniping results in longer auctions as 5 minutes added each bid or something like that. It would just encourage no bids til last minute....

Yes!

But I'm afraid the snarky answer will be, if you were really interested you'd leave an early bid (not the least because binding your peds is good for us, and even better when publishing your interest early drives up the price, mwahaha). And if everybody only went about sniping, nobody would get the information they wanted this way anyway. Pretty much moot points since unlike Ebay we have an anti-sniping feature, but I'm sure they won't like it anyway. Good luck to us.

Very good idea,

I second this too :)

If there's something I want with a 1ped SB then putting in a 1000ped bid prevents all you guys from doing +1, +2, +3 bids and keeping an eye on it. How can I do this if you have a watch feature? :D

Bad idea since additional bid sniping results in longer auctions as 5 minutes added each bid or something like that. It would just encourage no bids til last minute....

I don't think it's a bad idea if the true number of people who actually wanted an item remember to bid. People will still only pay what they think it is worth, just reducing the number of people who were interested but forgot. It could only be a boost to the economy and ensure that more ped circulates in the player base :) sure, means less chance Of grabbing a bargain ;)

I assume we are discussing in game auction

We kind of have a watch list already, especially if you get in early with a very low bid.

As soon as you're outbid, you get your peds back but can then monitor that auction item.

It sits in your "my bids" (I think) auction screen, and you're notified in the message centre every time a new bid is placed. You even get time remaining at each outbid notification.

That's why lots of low level bids are placed on items with way under market SB. It's more to activate the watch list, rather than hoping to win the item at a low price.

Rick

I assume we are discussing in game auction

We kind of have a watch list already, especially if you get in early with a very low bid.

As soon as you're outbid, you get your peds back but can then monitor that auction item.

It sits in your "my bids" (I think) auction screen, and you're notified in the message centre every time a new bid is placed. You even get time remaining at each outbid notification.

That's why lots of low level bids are placed on items with way under market SB. It's more to activate the watch list, rather than hoping to win the item at a low price.

Rick

Yes I know what you mean. There are times however where there is a more expensive item, or an expensive item which is ending in several days - whereby you don't want your peds tied up for all that length of time. (if like me and you dont have several thousand sitting around on your card :ahh:)

It would also be useful to compare several similar items.

In my case I am looking at buying a larger UL MF chip. I have skills for various types and a few of them meet my criteria. I can't bid on any of them as I need to sell some of my chips in order to be able to afford them. I would love to select the ones I like, put them in a favorites/watched tab, so that when I do have enough peds, I can compare all the ones I like and buy one :)

It is beneficial to the buyer as they can keep an eye on something without tying up peds, and to the sellers as they get more potential bidders :)

It seems very intuitive that there should be such a thing, like I said I was looking for the button for it then realised there wasn't one!

Back