Question: Which Deeds are best to buy if you have 1k-2k usd to play with?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Simple question but probably with complex answer:
Which Deeds are best to buy if you have 1k-2k usd to play with?

Taking markup in to account will likely play a role in answers?
The daily roi on aud is nice... but, cld pays out more weekly I believe... What about this compet stuff? Are there other deeds on the horizon that we don't know of yet?

Last edited:
I personally invest in AUDS - clds are crazy in fluctuating in price. I feel like AUD is a bit more stable. Maybe i am crazy tho :)

CLD have the best roi even at their current price from all the 3 deeds
I dont see much fluctuation here they are kinda stable between 1700 and 1800 for a longer time now

Auds, are super easy to sell and to buy and the roi is a little underperforming but still better than no roi at all

Compet deeds dont pay out any money yet and are some kind of big gamble how they will perform with big spikes in both directions possible.

sure about that ?
what is the ROI if i buy @ +1800 ? not much i presume .

I would say AUD too, they are decent normally, but incredible when Arkadia has some event going in UG.

But they main reason is because it's a bit easier to sell 30 items worth 50 ped each, than one item worth 1500 ped alone.

Good luck either way :)

Simple question but probably with complex answer:
Which Deeds are best to buy if you have 1k-2k usd to play with?

Taking markup in to account will likely play a role in answers?
The daily roi on aud is nice... but, cld pays out more weekly I believe... What about this compet stuff? Are there other deeds on the horizon that we don't know of yet?

Right now AUD's have dropped again from a short better payout phase. The Underground is far smaller than Caly, so expect payouts to depend more on events or mob popularity.

I also have a feeling that cld payouts are not 'genuine' at the moment in some way, as the volatility has come right down over the last couple of months. The average payouts are also at a new low I believe, but I've not looked at any graphs of moving averages.

Compet deeds are available, but are not yet paying out as Compet is not active yet. I have zero estimation of the initial income kick, nor the longevity of people's activity.

Compet deeds are available, but are not yet paying out as Compet is not active yet. I have zero estimation of the initial income kick, nor the longevity of people's activity.
Are compets going to pay out roi weekly, monthly, or quarterly? I think I saw the answer in some faq but can't remember what it was at the moment.

Are compets going to pay out roi weekly, monthly, or quarterly? I think I saw the answer in some faq but can't remember what it was at the moment.

I've not seen any answer at all on that - but have seen the question asked before.
From a technical standpoint the AUDs pay out in whole pecs per day and rollover any excess to the next day. Some days can thus be zero payout, but this high resolution of payouts seems to work pretty well. I thus believe it is possible that we will see daily payments.
AUDs were, of course, introduced later than CLDs, so it may be improved resolution, or that the 'revenue' and 'payout' are easier to calculate for an LA than for a planet.

Payout of AUDs is the tax of the AU LA. After every looting action something can be paid.

Payout of CLDs is the revenue of the whole planet. So they have to accumulate all income and expenses for some time and calculate the payout.

I guess competdeeds will be similar to CLDs

As far as the deeds that are currently paying out go, here is a quick and dirty analysis.

AUD: Cost 56 PED, Payout ~1.2 PEC/day
CLD: Cost 1800 PED, Payout ~ 2.9 PED/wk

AUD annual ROI: 1.2 * 365 = 438 PEC / 100 = 4.38 PED / 56 = ~7.8%
CLD annual ROI: 2.9 * 52 = 150.8 PED / 1800 = ~8.4%

AUD returns are only accounting for average weeks where 1 PEC/day is frequent and 0 or 2 pec/day is more rare. These numbers are therefore approximate as I do not have good long term data. The events in the underground probably push AUD to be about the same annual ROI as CLD.

If we quickly lump the together and assume they each have an 8% annual ROI at current prices, The ROI expressed in years is 12.5. I am not 100% behind either of them being a "good" investment unless they could get to full ROI in 10 years or less.

For CLD, we would need to see 3 PED/wk returns and a cost of 1500 PED per CLD to get that ROI for example.

Either way, there's some close, but never the less approximate numbers for you to look at when making a decision.

i'd say CLD, considering the (mathes attempt incoming)

CLD at 1810 PED and AUD at 59 it would take 30.68 AUDs to = 1 CLD.
earlier in the year when CLD were poor + AUD high and all the threads about the caly sky is falling, it took only 10-20 AUDs to equal the CLD daily payout. But the last 5 weeks its taken 30-40 AUDs to equal the CLD, therefore CLD is better performing

to sum up, when it was 10-20 weeks (calcuation at 15) those AUD at the same price would cost (15x59) = 859Ped to equal the CLD, but at 30-40 (35) it would be 2,065 ped.

if the AUD price heads towards 50, that changes it and AUD is again better value, even at 1/35.

End of the day, its down to predictions, caly will always be busy, AU is harder to call as it would take another update just to get a temporary boost to payouts

Jetman,

You need to take running averages. Caly is performing like A right now and was like B in the past is not a clear indication. See my numbers above. While approximate, I can say with certainty that annual ROI is near 7% on both deed types.

When Caly deeds give bad returns, you will typically see an upswing in AUD. This is due to who is currently running a big event and can't be taken as a snapshot of time.

The anser to you Q is not straight forward

Is depends on purchase price for a start.
Also if you dont keep them long enough you can loose with selling fees for eg after

Cld and AUD Are Quite evenly matched . Aud is more volotile but thats what usually makes higher returns for Investors. No one got rich in a stagnent market.

Id say AUD at around 55.
The adverage is 5-7pc a week plus events and big loots that push things up to 3-4-5pc for a few days

Dont over pay for deeds. 1 ped over is about 14 weeks to recover.

Jetman,

You need to take running averages. Caly is performing like A right now and was like B in the past is not a clear indication. See my numbers above. While approximate, I can say with certainty that annual ROI is near 7% on both deed types.

When Caly deeds give bad returns, you will typically see an upswing in AUD. This is due to who is currently running a big event and can't be taken as a snapshot of time.

our figures are similar, my AUD averages at 30-40 / 1 CLD - AUD is 1.2pec per day, CLD about 3-3.2ped per week. but our prices are different. i've not done it as a long average, just from year start, any longer and the data kills AUDs.
its just a short term prediction, we can't say if the AUD Will return to near pre-smuggler mission performance (altho doubtful, but i think it'll drop nearer 1pec/day)

Last edited:
I would say aud, just because...

compounding daily income on a deed that costs 1.7% the cost of a CLD to reinvest, will win over time.

compounding daily income on a deed that costs 1.7% the cost of a CLD to reinvest, will win over time.

I wish I was smart enough to say that first. That's very true you could reinvest much faster with aud than with cld

Hit the nail on the head

I love it when smart people mention those little details which should go into a calculation! :yay:

However, if it is possible to get a return on payouts in the time before you can buy a new deed, then the difference is reduced. If you trade on the street and avoid fees, the way to do it might be to buy AUDs until you have enough peds (tied in AUDs) for a CLD, then swap over. After all, the CLD payout is once a week, so wouldn't prevent the buying of an AUD at any chance you get. Thus you can keep the compound interest ticking over even with the CLDs.... :)

Edit: not trying to be smart-er here - I just love it when team thinking can get you places you wouldn't reach alone!

This is interesting, can anyone do the math on this? Cuz I can't.
IAm too weird.

IAm too weird.

Depends how many deeds you have. if you buy AUDs worth of 1800ped it wont.

IAm too weird.

If you had 714 AUDS - you could buy a new AUD once a week. This would be the minimum to provide you compound interest which is high enough to re-invest.

This is factoring in .01 payouts per Aud - so anytime there is more than .01 a day - you get to buy a new AUD faster :D

714 AUDS at 57 ped per deed is 40,698 PEDS for an initial investment.

So if you had only 1k to invest - you could generate 1 Aud a month
if you had 2K USD to invest - you could generate 2 AUD a month
If you had 3k USD to invest - you could generate 3 AUD a month

If you had 714 AUDS - you could buy a new AUD once a week. This would be the minimum to provide you compound interest which is high enough to re-invest.

This is factoring in .01 payouts per Aud - so anytime there is more than .01 a day - you get to buy a new AUD faster :D

714 AUDS at 57 ped per deed is 40,698 PEDS for an initial investment.

So if you had only 1k to invest - you could generate 1 Aud a month
if you had 2K USD to invest - you could generate 2 AUD a month
If you had 3k USD to invest - you could generate 3 AUD a month

hmm... but how many cld at today's mu would 40,698 peds get you, and what would be the weekly income on that vs the income on aud? Might be possible to buy cld, and use that roi to buy aud?... but markup on either is higher than what compet is... only who knows what roi on compet will be?!?... any guesses?

I was trying to figure some of it up in a spreadsheet the other day, and the more I put in there, the more confusing it seems to get, lol... I overthink things way too much many times, especially when it comes to investing in things...

3k usd = 30,000 ped
If markup on cld is 1842 and on aud is 58 and on compet is 105 (I know you can still buy compet from store, but just was using numbers I saw on auction history in game that day)...

3k usd = 16 cld, or 517 aud, or 285 compet deeds...

original prices (before markup is accounted for)
would be 16000 on cld for 16, 25850 for 517 aud at 50 each, and 28500 for 285 compet at base price of 100 available in the store...

so paying the markup on all of that, assuming these prices, total dollar loss in markup buying cld is 1400, total dollar loss in markup buying aud is 415, and total dollar loss in buying compet at the in game markup cost is 150 right now...

but these numbers are not taking in to account the roi or anything... anyone better at math than me want to give it a whirl? These numbers are just taking in to account the markup at these levels and the initial 'loss' in markup payment vs original cost of the deeds when first available.... which I'm not sure is even too relevant to long term?, especially since you can't obtain em at 'original prices' today except for the compet, which is still really a crap shoot at the moment.

also, above numbers don't account for the bank fees involved in depositing... How much would you have to deposit above 3k to actually end up with 30k ped?

Just based on past buying and watching roi, my guess is buying cld is best bet, and using roi to buy aud, but am not sure if that's the right choice or not... For every 100 usd or so of aud at base price (not working with markup, event swings, etc.) I think you get back roughly 1.4 - 1.5 ped a week, and for the same rough amount of cash, or 1 cld you get back around 3 ped a week? Is that accurate?

Last edited:
Compet deeds appear to be monthy payments.

Screenshot taken directly from competgame.com
U7ZIliP.jpg

The daily payment of AUDs is nice, but if you look at the market value history of CLDs, they seem to be consistently rising in value.

AUDs not so much. A slight bump after they sold out but now they're at 57 PED. CLDs went from 1k to 1800 and they're still going strong. I'm no statistician but it appears the speculators have unwavering faith in CLDs as opposed to AUDs (which seem to be exchanging hands daily, at a much faster pace than CLDs).

And then there's the whole estate/voting system, I have no idea what to make of that but it has clearly improved the attractiveness of CLDs. Don't know of any such plan w/ AUDs.

ComPet deeds I have no clue. If I had the money, I would probably load up on them so I could dump them when they go sold out.

A little off-topic, but if one were to put auds or clds on AH, will that player still receive dividend payments while the deeds are on auction +/- bids?

Thanks in advance.

A little off-topic, but if one were to put auds or clds on AH, will that player still receive dividend payments while the deeds are on auction +/- bids?

Thanks in advance.

Yap they do. I found an aud I had in auction but never claimed for months . Still got my payments :)

Back