Remember when mobs ran away or attacked each other?

In my first week, 2005 ish, i remember looking in the sea south of calypso for an oil rig that didn't exist, spent days looking for it lol. What confused me.....it was on the old maps.

I really miss the mobs slowing down when their HP reduced. Then running scared away.....run forest, run!

Rgds

Ace

I did this too, must have swam around for hours one night :laugh:

I kind of miss the strippers that came out on the little stage at the crystal palace too :wtg:

i remember the mobs running away,but i dont think ive ever seen mobs attck each other,and im here since 2004 orso..that feature must have been very shortlived :)

It indeed didn't last very long. It was probably an unintentional programming bug (imagine that!). It was fun while it lasted, though.

I also miss some of the other things that were mentioned...the laser burns, acid pools, etc...but yes, this was when "CTD" became the most-frequently-used acronym in the Entropia world.

When you were a beginner trying to kill a Longu or Formidon, shoot...run away to get distance and shoot...run away, shoot again...because you could outrun them. And when the mob had a hair of health left, you'd CTD and couldn't login for a few minutes...when you did, the mob corpse had already disappeared or due to rubber-banding, you logged in to see no mob corpse anywhere.

Rubber-banding and lag and glitches galore...

You'd kill a flying mob like Hiryuu and it would die, falling onto an invisible platform way up in the sky and no way to loot it. Or you'd be shooting an Atrox and suddenly for no reason, it would launch up into the sky.

Or invisible mobs that didn't have dots appear on radar, suddenly you were being munched and if you were lucky, you could guess where the mob was and kill it. (This bug never seems to go away, though...it happened to me only a few months ago...heh.)

We're going to have mobs fighting each other again, MA is just going to make you pay for it now.

Reactions: Mac
I also miss some of the other things that were mentioned...the laser burns, acid pools, etc...but yes, this was when "CTD" became the most-frequently-used acronym in the Entropia world.

On the other hand; in the days with gamebryo, a relog could take 10 seconds. The quit was "immediate" and didn't need 2 minutes to release 3 gigabytes of memory, and logging in took like 10 seconds.

Some other features from that time:
- The EWE ME handgun had Another color on its firing beam
- if someone aimed at you, you could see the laser dots on you (or in terrain in front of you)
- When you walked into a service center things like terminals showed up immediate and if you looked quickly you could see them open the covers
- In some servicestations (amethera outposts) the terminals, auctioneer and crafting machine was so Close to eachother, so you could access most of them without moving
- ... and you could do it at the same time (ie have TT, storage and crafting machine windows open at same time
- You could try out clothes and armor pieces that you had in planet storage without needing to Close planet storage. (You could also repair items in storage without closing storage in between.)

Though there are of course features nowdays also, like the autostack-into-storage feature and that you can search auction.

Last edited:
The quit was "immediate" and didn't need 2 minutes to release 3 gigabytes of memory.
Ahh yes! When you quit, your hard drive would thrash like crazy for several minutes, and render your Windows completely unresponsive until it finished "flushing the toilet"...MA's programmers were infamous for the memory leaks!

Yes the CTD's were bad :laugh:, so bad in fact few of us called CND "Crash n Disconnect" :laugh::laugh:.

Anther thing i really miss now are they old hangars and watching privateers take off and land, was really cool. Ok the flight to CND wasn't so cool but hey :).

All crashes besides; I loved PE back then. Now, I can barely bring up the effort to log in every couple weeks.
Dunno, maybe the game is "better" now; but it's not my taste anymore.
If MA'dd bring up legacy servers, I'dd return I guess. But anyway; I'm happy to have played the game like it used to be.

did anyone else also spent hours and hours looking around those crashed spaceships for beacons ? :)

lol yea..those "blabla examined spaceship and found sth worth 50 ped" globals made me search those ships for hours..luckily i "picked up a strange signal" while mining and all got clear...

Am I remembering correctly that we could "steal" other players beacons by reaching the crash site before them and hitting the button?

There used to be drones protecting them also, the higher the beacon the higher the level of drone?

Am I remembering correctly that we could "steal" other players beacons by reaching the crash site before them and hitting the button?

There used to be drones protecting them also, the higher the beacon the higher the level of drone?

Yes this, myself was stolen a ship once because I mined naked and the drones killed me

Yes you could take someone elses ship. The "you have found a strange signal" was always a long way away, in the region of 200meters. Always with 3 low level drones, irrelevant of what was inside.

My heart always raced when i got a strange signal, knowing i had to run as quick as possible to the ship before someone else got there lol

The higher beacons actaully had a good markup! I remember between 200-300 ped.

Rgds

Ace

Yes you could take someone elses ship. The "you have found a strange signal" was always a long way away, in the region of 200meters. Always with 3 low level drones, irrelevant of what was inside.

My heart always raced when i got a strange signal, knowing i had to run as quick as possible to the ship before someone else got there lol

Rgds

Ace

I really, really miss this beacon ships! It was always so much fun to get one. And always a nice 50 ped bonus too, or more, if it was a big beacon into it!

Rgds

Ace

Yes wasn't sure about that one, they probably were all big to me then.

The good old days when plasma rifles were cool looking, the type of energy amp used could switch your laser beam from red to green and Dead-zone Harlequins ruled (ahem) the planet. :)

Today's game is a barbie land in comparison. :):):)

This. Even if we're nostalgic about a couple of things there are so many good things about the game today: The game doesn't actually crash once per hour, you don't often get thrown around for an hour because the game thought you looked like a ping-pong ball, flying, teleporting, mindforce in general, melee weapons that are not shit, high end BLP weapons a game world a hundred times as large etc. etc. :wise:

Like this ...........

Back