Significant improvent!

Arangar

Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Arangar Vagrant Melanwil
Not sure if there was some enhancement or update announced for it but..
For a week or so the login time for the entropia client has reduced by maybe 100% :) well done!

For a week or so the login time for the entropia client has reduced by maybe 100% :) well done!

Are you sure you are not close to strong gravity source or travel faster than light :scratch2:

Are you sure you are not close to strong gravity source or travel faster than light :scratch2:

After security code input its 4 sec before I see the toolbar and another 2sec before I see everything. So pretty great! The visible change is that the loader is no longer there ...you know the one with random planet pictures and "Did you know" tips etc.

Yes the difference is humongous.

The time to load may be somewhat reduced but the new loading sequence is outright weird.

First it's black screen with radar and toolbar, then the terrain and environment appear, then the ground starts trembling, and finally my avatar appears.

Fear the rat!

Same for me (i do not have exacte figure but it is much slower than before)

Also often the login does not works at all and i have to close the window and restart the process from client loader

Same for me (i do not have exacte figure but it is much slower than before)

Also often the login does not works at all and i have to close the window and restart the process from client loader

I am saying that its way better now

since the removal of the loading screen, im in game in about 2 seconds, but its unplayable for about another 15

For me, I never had login lag, but suffered with log out lag which also has been corrected now.

Yeah, way faster. Used to look at the loading screen for up to 8-10 sec, now I see the world in 2 sec and can move in another 2-3. But until seeing this thread I didn't notice that the loading screen is gone.

I have noticed this as well. Holy cow I log in fast now. I used to go off, use the bathroom, get a snack, etc. Now it loads before i walk out the door.

It really is wonderful. Gives me hope that maybe they still care about Entropia! :cool:

Yeah, way faster. Used to look at the loading screen for up to 8-10 sec, now I see the world in 2 sec and can move in another 2-3. But until seeing this thread I didn't notice that the loading screen is gone.

I don't feel as bad now. :) After this thread I was like..o yeah..umm..no login screen. :)

I am saying that its way better now

LOL sorry my mistake, it is because you wrote "the login time for the entropia client has reduced by maybe 100%", i read it too fast, and as it can't be reduced of 100% i imagined it increased of 100% (reduce of 100% = 0)

LOL

But i confirm that for me it is very difficult now to connect : often i need to retry twice and even more before login process works.

Last edited:
often i need to retry twice and even more before login process works.

Same. Always get that silly message "Entropia is under maintenance" or whatever, lol....................... and then next login works.

I had a an instance where my screen went black as I looted a mob , then I heard trumpets. Shortly after the picture returned. I might have just blacked out.

I don't feel as bad now. :) After this thread I was like..o yeah..umm..no login screen. :)

Lol can't believe i've not noticed until u mentioned it... Don't feel bad :laugh:

The time to load may be somewhat reduced but the new loading sequence is outright weird.

First it's black screen with radar and toolbar, then the terrain and environment appear, then the ground starts trembling, and finally my avatar appears.

yeah, same here... after hitting <enter> once i've typed the GC code, the screen looks terrible during 30 seconds or so, as if everything were bugged. then, after 40 seconds, i can see my avatar.

i can only imagine new players' reaction after seeing this "welcome" to EU :(

LOL sorry my mistake, it is because you wrote "the login time for the entropia client has reduced by maybe 100%", i read it too fast, and as it can't be reduced of 100% i imagined it increased of 100% (reduce of 100% = 0)

LOL

But i confirm that for me it is very difficult now to connect : often i need to retry twice and even more before login process works.

good point :)

Back