Warning Scammed Again :(

Guys I really have to say this with such a heavy heart, because a really good friend or who I thought was a friend has undoubtedly been a scammer :(

What advice do you guys have for me, who are friends and how do I know how the difference. My experiance in this game with loot has been so terrible... But my friends kept me around and I have made so many good relationships and this game has such a great community but I never saw this one coming. Mound and Mounds of PEDs no hofs, now I am losing ped to friends, I am struggling to find a reason to stay.

How do we avoid these trust scams?

Don't lend high value items to anyone that doesn't have a proven history of borrowing from other people that can vouch for him... and try to get CLDs/AUDs as collateral...

Last edited by a moderator:
deactivated

Last edited:
Don't lend high value items to anyone that doesn't have a proven history of borrowing from other people that can vouch for him... and try to get CLDs/AUDs as collateral...

Kull's too much of a good guy on a game sadly, filled with vultures.
As far as i know, this guy, who kull knew more or less, pitty kull into asking him cash so he could get the fap off the bank (which he never had there),
Kull being naive and kindly hearted borrow him some PED....
This guy ended up clicking it away on explosives gambling his luck away.

Same happened to another friend of mine, who tought this guy to be reliable and comited to the game as he ran heal services often.
Any info regarding this i'd kindly share in pm for the sake of keeping this post clean and within the rules.

I did comunicate and provided the needed evidence and logs to the moderators of the main channels (#fap/#trade/#calytrade) where this guy is usually spaming, so he could be muted out and protect the comunity of filth like this

Guys I really have to say this with such a heavy heart, because a really good friend or who I thought was a friend has undoubtedly been a scammer :(

What advice do you guys have for me, who are friends and how do I know how the difference. My experiance in this game with loot has been so terrible... But my friends kept me around and I have made so many good relationships and this game has such a great community but I never saw this one coming. Mound and Mounds of PEDs no hofs, now I am losing ped to friends, I am struggling to find a reason to stay.

INFO: I know what I said is kinda harsh but I never spoke to him harshly or put any presure until today, it has been over 2 years and he still is making excesses why he cant pay me back. When he said 3 months I kind lost it and I regret treating him like that no matter the circumstance.

Sad to see people gettin scammed.I had a socleader takeing the socfound.I think the censor is bad because with the help of your friends list i can figure out who it is.

Sad. He asked me for peds once or has been trying to sell me stuff.

The simple answer is.. stop loaning people peds and things without collaterial. I would never do that with anyone.. perhaps even with collaterial. Can't trust people... this game is not unique in that regard.

deactivated

Last edited:
Sucks about the scammers, I haven't been to this day but indeed unless you really "know" the person never go without collateral.

Sad to see people gettin scammed.I had a socleader takeing the socfound.I think the censor is bad because with the help of your friends list i can figure out who it is.

I worked that out too...SkyLine?

Sucks about the scammers, I haven't been to this day but indeed unless you really "know" the person never go without collateral.

I worked that out too...SkyLine?
yes lol......

INFO: I know what I said is kinda harsh but I never spoke to him harshly or put any presure until today, it has been over 2 years and he still is making excesses why he cant pay me back. When he said 3 months I kind lost it and I regret treating him like that no matter the circumstance.

I feel you m8, i see more bad things happening for Good people now . People don't know how to appreciate good person relationships.

//mg

Sorry to hear this.

Can I have the name in a PM maybe? ty

MA need to implement a proper loan function which disables the item from being sold and automatically returns it to its owner after a certain period of agreed time :wise:

It's not right not to be able to safely loan items to soc mates and friends :(

It is called 'grooming'... High net worth individuals are an attractive target and the fraudsters don't shy away from putting in effort. Sorry to hear about your loss.

While this isn't the first and won't be the last instance, and MA can't be involved in resolving every (or any) argument over money between players as they wouldn't be doing anything else anymore, it irks me to no end that up to today there is non-cooperation even in a clear criminal case. Hasn't anyone with similar troubles ever filed a police report in Gothenburg and got them to force MA to hand over all pertaining data to investigators? Even if they don't have the player's identity directly, very few hobby criminals manage to conceal their traces from start and at all times. It would require using anonymizing tools which MA rules out anyway and has ways of shutting out.

moderator.jpg

I really feel for you man, and I have no problem with this thread in general. How ever, because of the poorly masking of the name in the screenshot, and having the friends list open on the screenshot, I had to remove the picture from your post as it violates the PCF rule 2.13.

I really hope you get this issue solved. I know I would have been pissed too.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
I feel for you Kull, its a matter of trusting people and people taking advantage of your nature.
Scammers put a lot of effort into a "friendship" simply so down the track they can take advantage of it.

It is safer to refuse such transactions, even thou it makes you feel hard & cold at the time.
But as always a true friend would not put you in such a position that you refuse & so feel bad about letting a "friend" down.

I have given items away to help people - and never regretted it for a second. I will bet lots of others here have done the same.

I lent a set of vampire armour to help a "friend" out. Bitch, she set me up.
Still its the cost of experience.
I will never do it again so I bet in the future there are genuine people I could help, but don't :(

It is called 'grooming'... High net worth individuals are an attractive target and the fraudsters don't shy away from putting in effort. Sorry to hear about your loss.

While this isn't the first and won't be the last instance, and MA can't be involved in resolving every (or any) argument over money between players as they wouldn't be doing anything else anymore, it irks me to no end that up to today there is non-cooperation even in a clear criminal case. Hasn't anyone with similar troubles ever filed a police report in Gothenburg and got them to force MA to hand over all pertaining data to investigators? Even if they don't have the player's identity directly, very few hobby criminals manage to conceal their traces from start and at all times. It would require using anonymizing tools which MA rules out anyway and has ways of shutting out.

Problem have always been that legally, you don't own anything besides the right to use EU and all its content. So basicly once you turn money in to peds, it's not money in the eyes of police.

So basicly once you turn money in to peds, it's not money in the eyes of police.

Who says so? It is currency convertible in both directions, which is the core concept of RCE.

Sorry to hear m8 :(
U cant thrust anybody sadly...

It's always so hard to say no to someone in need. I feel like crap saying no but my rule is, if I am going to miss those peds if my buddy never returns them, then I'm not loaning them. Please whisp me the name.:whisper:

Can you pm me the name pls?

Never lend gear to anyone that you do not know irl and have know irl for a long long time. I'm very sorry that this happen to you. Scammers are everywhere my friend when it comes to real money u cant trust anyone but yourself.

Again im very sorry to hear it.

deactivated

Last edited:
Everyone finds themselves in a tough place without the means to solve it. I understand if he worked his self into a corner and as far as im concerned he can still make this right.

If he pays me back ill publically apologize and I am sure everyone will understand that there might be more going on IRL for him. Life is not perfect and can be going badly for a while no matter what you try to make it better. But settling his dept's esp when a friend helps you is OP, Priority one imo.

I really hope this can turn into a better story then the chapter we are on atm.

You're such a nice guy :hug: but there has to be a limit. You don't need to make excuses for what he did, You gave him 2 years... ( from what I remember on the screen shot from this morning). You were right in all that you said about he had good gear he could have sold to give you, or the new pc he bought..

I hate when people do not prioritise their debt. If you owe someone money, that's should be the first thing you sort out with any money you get.

I certainly dont think you need to be making apology, even if he does pay. A simple note on this thread to say the debt is repaid and the matter is closed would suffice.

Money

My father told me a long time ago "never lend a friend any more money then you would give them"

Ability to read people, figure out what's their goals, (real, not faked) principles, what "makes them tick" so to say... it's all terribly interesting stuff. The complexity of the interactions in game (real money involved!) makes it a real challenge. People are willing to put more effort into deception, weak ppl who can easily get sidetracked, etc etc we have the whole palette in here amplified by anonymity and impunity. It's the paradise for all kind of shady criminal stuff.

Look at the bright side. If you can survive this world, if u can master all the abilities needed you can surely be successful in the real world. That's the beauty of it, it's all so real, even bigger than life sometimes...

Back