FYI: MindStar9 is back! Who else saw this coming?

Status

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
MindStar9 is back

Who else saw this coming? :D

2016-04-15 15:12:39 [TO : The Fifth Entity] These are facts
2016-04-15 15:12:55 [TO : The Fifth Entity] Now I challenge you to read some of MS9 stories and some of DME stories from Monria forum

I can't believe I was the only one to see the signs there, but I sure do feel good to know I've been the "catalyst" that made the disclosure happen sooner than later (as it was said by the DME, err... I mean MS9 herself in the "coming out of the closet" thread).

Like always when talking about someone I personally (dis)like, I won't comment if it's good or bad that she returned, if it's good or bad that she stayed anonymous for all these months, or anything like that. I trust that anyone is able to make their own judgements, without needing any "guidance" from me or anyone else.

The goal of this thread is just to act as an informational thread and to allow me to brag a bit for sawing this coming before others. :p

Last edited:
hmmmm......

No idea who ms9 is or what the point of this post is. Some more info would be nice :scratch2:

:yay:

MS9 used to write front page articles for the forum and other stuff

I can't believe I was the only one to see the signs there
Don't worry you weren't.
to allow me to brag a bit for sawing this coming before others. :p

If believing that makes you happy... ;)

Regarding the post on the other forum, I 100% agree with what she says about Kendra - lovely girl. Also I can understand the reasoning behind the avatar, it happens on calypso and arkadia too - where once players are now advisers in new names. I think I am missing what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:
I think I am missing what all the fuss is about.

No fuss about; just a FYI post, letting people know she's back and where she can be found, since she was an important member of EU (with all her goods and bads, just like the rest of us), now that the information is out in public. I didn't disclose it before she did herself and I didn't made any judgements about her old or new identity or anything like that; just an informative post letting people know she's back. ;)

No fuss about; letting people know she's back and where she can be found, since she was an important member of EU.

Yes that is exactly how your post read... :rolleyes: You created a thread about being proud and bragging that you made her tell who she really was.

Like I said, no I don't see why its such a big fuss.
I can't believe I was the only one to see the signs there, but I sure do feel good to know I've been the "catalyst" that made the disclosure happen

...when talking about someone I personally (dis)like...

...to allow me to brag a bit for sawing this coming before others. :p
( now edited out)

If you want to create a bit of drama, go for it, its your prerogative - we know you like the attention and it livens the place up ;) Plus I know you love the opportunity to neg rep people. :laugh:

The thing that gets me though its, wasn't all this long before your time? :scratch2:

Ms9 was an active member posting here like 5 years ago , that would make you around 11 yrs old at the time DOA , I hardly think you would have been reading here then so maybe its best that you stop these shit stirring attention seeking threads and concentrate on stuff going foward not back,

Unless of course your not the age you say you are and are someone's alt.

Tell me what exactly was your "argument"? And how are these people in any way attempting to discredit that argument?

It's not an ad-hominem if they're simply insulting you for the sake of insulting you. That's known as an "insult".

in·sult
verb
inˈsəlt/
speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
"you're insulting the woman I love"
synonyms: abuse, be rude to, slight, disparage, discredit, libel, slander, malign, defame, denigrate, cast aspersions on, call someone names, put someone down; More

Perhaps you just wanted to show off that you know what an ad-hominem is? We are all impressed, don't worry.

moderator.jpg

Wow, this thread didn't even get to be 2 pages long before it derailed. Keep it on-topic and discuss language interpretation in a new off-topic thread.

Yes I remember, DoA, you indeed figured it out before she disclosed her identity to the general public (there prolly was a few close friends who knew it all the time).

See, the thing is, I've been the "Scammer Hunter" in other games. (NOT referring to MS9 here, I have no reason to believe she's anything but a nice and honest person!) What I wanted to explain is in that kind of business u have to deal with alts every day: determine which alts are connected, which one is the main avatar and ultimately who is the person behind the whole group.
If u not into that kind of intellectual exercises u prolly don't find it interesting, but believe me it can be pretty exciting "sport". :)

MindStar most likely was the person who designed the rules for the infamous Monria wiki competition, hence DoA's intent to find out who is the main ava behind the alt called "Dark Moon Enigma" (DME).
I never was interested in any of this, all I know is just a second hand info so I better shut up now and let the new generation of the virtual detectives speak for themselves.

Ow, by the way, greetings to all the alts out there! Make no mistake... or your time will come. :laugh:

Reactions: DoA
Regarding the post on the other forum, I 100% agree with what she says about Kendra - lovely girl. Also I can understand the reasoning behind the avatar, it happens on calypso and arkadia too - where once players are now advisers in new names. I think I am missing what all the fuss is about.

I myself was counting down the days until she would show up again. What I found interesting was that DoA knew who she is and all. Makes me wonder if DoA is an old time player? :scratch2::laugh:

But yes I had a feeling she was going to show up on Toulan but my guess is that they never excepted her and that was for the good really. Sad to see that Monria let her in. I sure hope she can do some good and not spend all her time with them telling them how long she played EU and how many years she put into game to have EU crash as it has since version 10......

MindStar most likely was the person who designed the rules for the infamous Monria wiki competition, hence DoA's intent to find out who is the main ava behind the alt called "Dark Moon Enigma" (DME).
I never was interested in any of this, all I know is just a second hand info so I better shut up now and let the new generation of the virtual detectives speak for themselves.

This ^^

(I took myself the freedom to add the link; it was not present in the original post)

Tell me what exactly was your "argument"? And how are these people in any way attempting to discredit that argument?

Perhaps you just wanted to show off that you know what an ad-hominem is? We are all impressed, don't worry.
Quite, you certainly made the point in a much more punctual manner than me :ahh:
<removed quote from a deleted post>

moderator.jpg

Wow, this thread didn't even get to be 2 pages long before it derailed. Keep it on-topic and discuss language interpretation in a new off-topic thread.
I do apologise, my reply to DoA's preaching at me was prior to me seeing your post.

Can I lighten it up by adding my favourite joke?

What do you call an arrogant prisoner walking down the stairs?

A condescending con descending :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am glad she is back for one. Funny as a day or 2 ago someone asked me if she was still active lol

I remember DoA you not too long ago created a thread called "Could really use a friend" that seems to have magically disappeared from this forum somehow. Around that time I believed you to be a nice person still, but my opinion of that changes for the worse everytime I read anything you put up sadly...

Reactions: ZPF
Ow, by the way, greetings to all the alts out there! Make no mistake... or your time will come. :laugh:

Regarding the whole alt thing, it is a shame MS9 didn't come back as MS9, I can somewhat understand why she didn't but still it is a shame imo :laugh:.

As long as MS9's account has been deleted officially then it is perfectly legitimate to completely re-invent yourself as someone new, new avatar with new avatar name and persona etc. In this way the account isn't really an alt just a new person.

However with Dark Moon now announcing that they are in fact MS9 it does feel that Dark Moon is now essentially an alt of MS9 only because "MS9" lives on in our hearts and minds (and on the forum) long after the official account is deactivated.

My worry is in the future someone with a few months old account will suddenly announce they are really some player who quit years ago and will mislead people into trusting them, either as a way of scamming or just as a way to hijack someone else's good rep to borrow high end items or to boost business...

Why dose this matter or who cares?

VdBjJ5C.gif

As long as MS9's account has been deleted officially then it is perfectly legitimate to completely re-invent yourself as someone new, new avatar with new avatar name and persona etc. In this way the account isn't really an alt just a new person.

Well, the bold part was one of the (not said) things I was curious about (and filled a ticket about with MA since a few days ago).

I don't really know how things work when an avatar is locked or deleted, but what I can say for sure is that, at this very moment, both avatars [Mindstar MindStar9 Nine] and [Dark DarkMoonEngima Enigma] appear in player registry (in case this will change in the future, I took print screens of it, and will update this post with them).

Also, despite doing some extensive search, I was not able to find any place where she said that she actually gave up on her [Mindstar MindStar9 Nine] avatar.

Last edited:
Well, the bold part was one of the (not said) things I was curious about (and filled a ticket about with MA).

Of course you did LOL, how many avatars have you had now, by the way?

The last I remember her account was reactivated when she left (kicked off) the C-Team. Not sure why she would be coming back as someone else at the same times saying it is her?

Well, the bold part was one of the (not said) things I was curious about (and filled a ticket about with MA).

DoA. it's not a big deal really. Just let it go and move on to something else to bitch about ok? Please.

Well it's weird to me. Tbh.
I gave some advice on Monria forum and DME applauded me. That she was a noob and she was glad that an old timer like me gave this advice. http://monria.com/forum/posts/13093/ Weird.
I also wonder how McCormick is going to react. It was DME that locked MCcormicks Monria hate video. Interesting..

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...-locked-they-called-it-intrusion.19145/page-3

http://monria.com/forum/threads/any-response-to-mccormicks-video-and-comments-on-ep.2219/

Dark Moon
The new Moon Owner/Manager (Anhithe) and his management team are focused on building a community from the ground up, which is his vision, and we support it 100%. For nearly two months (not a long time to own a Moon), we have focused on learning what works, what doesn't, what needs tweaking, what the community's wants and needs are, and figuring out just how much of it we can accomplish over a reasonable period of time.

So far, we have had tremendous positive feedback, and the community we have now that continues to grow every day, has been beyond amazing. We want to support their success on Monria, as much as they have shown that they want to support ours. Our goals for a community-centric environment has already achieved a level of unexpected momentum, and we have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

We are truly excited about this unique partnership with the community.

Therefore, since both Anhithe and I have expressed the importance of what our mission is with Monria, I'm going to close this thread, because we will be focused on our own community and how we can do better for them.

Dark Moon Enigma, Jan 23, 2016

oww Monria forum is down. bummer.

Last edited:
Entropians dont quit, they just take a 'long break' or come back with a different name. ;)

I've seen multiple support responses saying it is perfectly legal to have more than one avatar. What isn't legal is using those alts to gain an unfair advantage ie manipulating market data, bidding on your own stuff...

So i'm not sure what the big deal is.

I've seen multiple support responses saying it is perfectly legal to have more than one avatar. What isn't legal is using those alts to gain an unfair advantage ie manipulating market data, bidding on your own stuff...

So i'm not sure what the big deal is.

I don't think Mindstar 9's avatar is ingame anymore. So that's not a real biggie.
Dark Moon Enigma has done a great deal to help get Monria to where it is today

But pretending to be a new player when you've played the game for more than 10 years is really weird in my eyes, especially when you are a community advisor for Monria. But I guess it's all roleplay anyway..

But pretending to be a new player when you've played the game for more than 10 years is really weird in my eyes, especially when you are a community advisor for Monria. But I guess it's all roleplay anyway..
Weird, maybe, but history has a way of repeating itself...
https://web.archive.org/web/2013080...s/arkadias-new-player-experience-re-designed/
I was not that surprised when the Chief in Charge arranged for me to use a test (temp) avatar to go through the new player start room experience...

After creating my account at the Arkadia website, I was ready to experience this new path to Planet Arkadia.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014033...anets.com/threads/they-walk-amongst-us.11222/

Therefore, I had amazing fun with my secret avatar who was free to travel to all planets to gain experience as to how it all worked, and even found myself an amazing Mentor who taught me more about the game in that year than I ever learned on my own with my regular avatar over the years. I was never a Disciple to anyone over the years, and during this experience, I did graduate the discipleship and felt pretty good about it. This person did not know who I was, nor could I reveal myself to them. It was an amazing adventure for me, but back to the topic at hand.

Last edited:
Well, the bold part was one of the (not said) things I was curious about (and filled a ticket about with MA since a few days ago).

I don't really know how things work when an avatar is locked or deleted, but what I can say for sure is that, at this very moment, both avatars [Mindstar MindStar9 Nine] and [Dark DarkMoonEngima Enigma] appear in player registry (in case this will change in the future, I took print screens of it, and will update this post with them).

Also, despite doing some extensive search, I was not able to find any place where she said that she actually gave up on her [Mindstar MindStar9 Nine] avatar.

All player accounts (possibly ever created) appear to remain visible in the Player Register, even if they have lapsed, unless the player chooses to set themselves as incognito. There are some players who I'm certain haven't been online for several years still there (and I know that because they died and their family didn't know their password), and others that I'm very certain haven't returned to the game for about 9yrs still there too.

Nor is a player required to make a public declaration that they are 'giving up' an account. If not used, an account automatically becomes inactive after 300 days, and will be terminated after 750 days (ie a little over 2yrs).
While you can request that a terminated account be re-activated, MindArk are under no obligation to do so. Many players returning to the game after a long break will prefer to start a new account for a 'fresh start' in any case, and there is no impediment in the EULA/ToU to doing that.

While I did not always entirely agree with MS9's views, she was a respected member of the Entropian community and, as well as her other later ventures, contributed significant time to the community as both a former moderator and news reporter for this forum (ie EntropiaForum as it was then) in 2006/2007.

Reading thru that post leads me to think that she is taking on an active role in management of Monria so I doubt you will see her "Playing" much. Also, MA has allowed the use of 2nd Avatars to act in a management role for.. forever so this is nothing new.

So I see nothing wrong with her having the new avatar. TBH, the only weird thing I can think of is to open up to who is behind Dark Moon in the first place. It will only lead to the trolls trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Status
Back