The biggest ATH on FOMA!

Geralt

Guardian
tyires tyirepl tyirepl
Hi!

A friend form my soc had probably the biggest negative all time high (or better: all time low) on foma lately. He had 400 double (yes! four hundred!) NRF in a row.

Have you ever heard about anyone who had more NRF's in a row? To me it sounds incredible but really ocurred. How is it possible he haven't found any VII or VIII of anything? What is the probability of hitting 400 NRF's in a row if we assume that average hit rate there is 8-9%?

Last edited:
Reactions: ZPF
Is not FOMA hitrate more realistically around 3-4%? :confused: Anyway that sounds painfully awful :( Was it amped or not? Amplifiers can screw up the hitrate if you are not careful and mine in the wrong area at the wrong time. :wise:

If we assume that drops are independent then 0.91^400~10^-17, i.e. zero. But drops appear to be not independent, but rather have some time-based cycles (and/or are effected by other miners in the area).

Anyway, I never had more than 150 NRF in a row. 400 is indeed brutal.

@XarcX: I think he meant the chance for no NRF on a double-drop, which is closer to 8-9%.

Last edited:
I find out, if you mine unamped at foma, you get more hits, as if you have a amp in use. But need to try out more, to be sure.

Hi!

A friend form my soc had probably the biggest negative all time high (or better: all time low) on foma lately. He had 400 double (yes! four hundred!) NRF in a row.

Have you ever heard about anyone who had more NRF's in a row? To me it sounds incredible but really ocurred. How is it possible he haven't found any VII or VIII of anything? What is the probability of hitting 400 NRF's in a row if we assume that average hit rate there is 8-9%?

Considering you are not mining over same area and you are not overlapping drops, 300 double NRF is clearly IMPOSSIBLE, something is wrong with your avatar. Ive been mining indoors for years now and my highest double drop NRF is 104. Its common to get to 60, but very rare to reach the 100s.

The best solution for your friend is to open a support ticket.

Ive already seen a similar situation and it was a BUG. I remember a guy at Monria(same indoors system as FOMA) with over 200 NRF drops. He filled a support ticket and MA investigated and they found out it was something bugged or file corrupt in client.

He got reimbursed by MA and a reinstall fixed the issue.

It was about 2 years ago, it is documented into the bug section of Monria forum but they deleted the screenshot post of the support ticket.

Horror true story. Every game is not bugfree I guess... I just hope there aren't to many bugs on the opposite which could advantage players... :scratch2:

Last edited:
I have awfull results with anything i do too, 92 double drops nrf, is my record indoor, but not in FOMA! Most of the times I go unamped and FOMA always been kind to me.
But that 400 drops run!!! is something significant bad. If I was this guy I could prepared for a couple HoF's.
System want us semi-fed :)

Please let us know how does the situation turn out.

Is it limited to a single mining zone or it is the same on all other planet?

Hi!

Not doubting the claim, but a friend told you, and it's fact? I've had my share of fish tales, and a few exaggerations to express my point when I'm distraught, but 400 double drops (400 chances of ore and 400 chances of enmatter) all NRF? I don't believe it. Probable? I guess, if you stand in the same place, or log in once a day and do one drop, or....no. I don't believe it. I've had a streak of 119 NRF, so I guess 400 is possible, but at what point would you stop and think....somethings wrong?

Granted, could have been a bug, as mentioned above.

I could be wrong, but hearing it from a friend of a friend of a friend who said it happened to them draws doubt for me.

Support ticket has been sent. Standard response - we will investigate the case blah blah...

A friend of mine uses program he programmed to track his bomb drops etc. so he could provide them log from this program, it should make it easier to investigate this.

A friend of mine uses program he programmed to track his bomb drops etc. so he could provide them log from this program, it should make it easier to investigate this.

Make sure "your friend" knows that this program is allowed before talking to support.

And if he really had 400 double drops NRF, tell him its time to pack is bag and go, there is nothing left to see here.

I find it odd, but assume it's possible that there was something seriously wrong with one or more domes on Foma at the time he mined there.
I also assume it's possible that there may be something off with his avatar, coding or whatever.

The only thing I find truly mind boggling, however, is how, after a whopping 300 nrfs, it didn't accur to him that he should've stopped ages ago? But he decides to drop 100 more?!
:duh:

I find it odd, but assume it's possible that there was something seriously wrong with one or more domes on Foma at the time he mined there.
I also assume it's possible that there may be something off with his avatar, coding or whatever.

The only thing I find truly mind boggling, however, is how, after a whopping 300 nrfs, it didn't accur to him that he should've stopped ages ago? But he decides to drop 100 more?!
:duh:

Probably figured it meant he had a big 30k / ATH coming any second now :cool:

Anyway I expect MA will get a lot of support cases now from "bugged avatars". If only there was an actual way to know if your files were corrupted aside from getting 200 NRFs in a row? :scratch2:

I suppose you could just reinstall EU once per week.

I've never seen mining this bad in the game before..I go long periods of time with no good results at all, just losses..I wish it would get better ..I deposit and it still is bad bad bad. I have low hit rate or none at all and long periods of time till i get even a sizable with a D sec L finder..I know it is because i rarely amp but mining never was like this way back..It's definitely not as much fun anymore.

I've never seen mining this bad in the game before..I go long periods of time with no good results at all, just losses..I wish it would get better ..I deposit and it still is bad bad bad. I have low hit rate or none at all and long periods of time till i get even a sizable with a D sec L finder..I know it is because i rarely amp but mining never was like this way back..It's definitely not as much fun anymore.

Planetside returns are pretty consistently around 90% so I can't complain. Big HOFs definitely don't seem to happen unless you build up a huge deficit first, which is kinda boring/predictable.

Indoor mining I have always seen as gambling, returns there are so unstable that if I lose any PED there, I've kind of come to accept that it's gone forever. Or maybe it'll get paid back some time next year :dunce:

What ruined mining for me is the dead economy. I keep a close eye on who buys most of my auctions, and half of the time it's gamblers. The other half, well... my auctions just don't sell because I get undercut six times despite matching the lowest current buyout :smoke:.

Sounds like your friend mined in someone else's footsteps. It is possible, in that case, that he was so cosmically unlucky to be following someone else's path. Best to leave it for a while, or move domes, or ANYTHING.

Sounds like your friend mined in someone else's footsteps. It is possible, in that case, that he was so cosmically unlucky to be following someone else's path. Best to leave it for a while, or move domes, or ANYTHING.

Unlikely, indoor regeneration is extremely fast. Just sounds like a bad luck streak to me. I've gone 30 drops with no claim planetside a few times. That's equivalent to around 200 NRFs indoors. It's not too surprising... I've gone 80-100 drops with no claim indoors on several occasions. 200 is a little much but I wouldn't call it crazy.

Considering you are not mining over same area and you are not overlapping drops, 300 double NRF is clearly IMPOSSIBLE, something is wrong with your avatar. Ive been mining indoors for years now and my highest double drop NRF is 104. Its common to get to 60, but very rare to reach the 100s.

The best solution for your friend is to open a support ticket.

Ive already seen a similar situation and it was a BUG. I remember a guy at Monria(same indoors system as FOMA) with over 200 NRF drops. He filled a support ticket and MA investigated and they found out it was something bugged or file corrupt in client.

He got reimbursed by MA and a reinstall fixed the issue.

It was about 2 years ago, it is documented into the bug section of Monria forum but they deleted the screenshot post of the support ticket.

Horror true story. Every game is not bugfree I guess... I just hope there aren't to many bugs on the opposite which could advantage players... :scratch2:

This was my response from support, I asked them about possibility of game files being corrupt. The answer was exactly what I expected... and it makes me question whether something was different in the coding 2 years ago, or your friend is lying :eyecrazy:

Thank you for your support case.

To clarify, game files will not impact any of the economics of the game as it is on the server side so there is no risk of corrupted files or any other related to the client which could influence your loot both positively or negatively.

This has to be so as otherwise it would leave exposure to not so friendly users who would abuse the system.

Now to what you can do to resolve any client issues such as potentially corrupted files, download the installer from our website to ensure it is the newest installer and then you simply run it, if you have Entropia Universe installed and run the installer it will repair your client and make sure you remove/download any (un)necessary files.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Back