Mission Galactica - Divine Bonus mission

I'm leaning on the side that it's broken.

MA needs to rethink this whole bonus mission. I don't know why these mobs drop loot. The loot is the bonus prize at the end! Mobs should respawn after maybe 5 minutes after last killed. This would give all who are eligible a chance to kill it and continue their mission. Then we can get back to grinding our PED cards away. Plus w/o the mobs dropping loot, this would deter others who are not eligible or have already completed the mission from killing the mobs to disrupt others.

Last edited:
Quest mob should also have an big yellow exclamation point similar to mission npc broker / terminal for easy night hunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
I think some global chat would've been sufficient:

"[System] The Proteron Divine has been spotted | on Eudoria | In Raven Valley |"

"[System] The Proteron Divine has been defeated!"

MA needs to rethink this whole bonus mission. I don't know why these mobs drop loot. The loot is the bonus prize at the end!

Please don't encourage them to continue their trend of buying items directly from MA. Non-looting mobs would be no different to handing over PEDs/items. Worse, because it would set a terrible precedent*.

*not to be confused with the terrible president.

Finally saw the spawn and did the most damage, same coordinates as usual. But since I was hanging around for some days, did not feel that bad as would doing most dmg yesterday.
And some of the less dmg actually congratulated which is very kind of them. Hope they get theirs soon.
Ok but to help, spawn was exactly 10:30 which makes another x:30 confirmed spawn as far I know.
* 10:30
* 14:30
* 21:30

Since MA fucked it up for those of us that have gotten higher level chips and can't pick up the mission yet, I guess the blessing in disguise is that we don't have to fight with every other swinging dick for the one single stupid random spawning prot :laugh:

Since MA fucked it up for those of us that have gotten higher level chips and can't pick up the mission yet, I guess the blessing in disguise is that we don't have to fight with every other swinging dick for the one single stupid random spawning prot :laugh:

somehow i have this nagging fear that for modchipowners multiple divine mobs will be needed per planet :p

It may be large and pendulous but I am no dick! :D

Please note that the reward is a Divine Intervention Chip I

Reactions: Mac
I predict the CLD payouts for the week(s) after May 10th VU to be all time low, for all ubers with their freshly acquired bonus mission will do nothing but wander around the divine spawns, idly slaying each other :D

I predict the CLD payouts for the week(s) after May 10th VU to be all time low, for all ubers with their freshly acquired bonus mission will do nothing but wander around the divine spawns, idly slaying each other :D

I would hope that people would take turns and NOT give MA the pleasure of turning every spawn into a pvp battle, but I know that is a lot to ask when greed and envy kicks in and the JUST GOTTA HAVE IT NOW! ZOMG I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS 70% GET OUT OF CRIT DEATH CARD EVEN THOUGH I NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE! people are out and about.

This has been the best poo-flinging show in a long time on EU for those of us who don't even consider the chip because it's way out of budget.

:popcorn:

I loved ever quest 1 with a passion and loved camping mobs... but there was also a lot of player respect in that game. Ganking and camp training was bannable at least for some cases. I remember staying up all night waiting for my druid epic dragon.. probably why my sleep cycles are still messed up 15 years later. But I'm much older now and I have no desire to camp mobs that will likely be ganked or stolen by some shit head who has more dps. At least in eq1, the first strike locked the mob. My time is more valuable.

I would have rather had to kill a lot of a certain mob or a certain mob that had a chance to loot an item I needed (like cyrene epic mission) or at the end of a mob kill, there's a chance for a 2nd mob to spawn that only I could see that would be the divine (read eq1: mind reaver).

I'm surprised there aren't pvp socs/individuals who are holding the mob hostage and will kill everyone who tries to get the prot unless they pay a ransom :laugh:

I remember stories on forum on Bukin's Blade mission.
Pkers - campers did already mission so they don't need blade but need victim and mob can hof too.

But I'm bad saying this.
In case of divine buff chip we cant say that pkers will camp the area just to find victim and have a lot of fun killing anyone there.
We cant say that pkers will camp the area to have even more fun by pking victim in the back in time when victim is tanking mission mob and before he kill the mob.
We cant say that pkers will camp the area to find a mob, tag it and move it far away that nobody can find it and unless killed or server restart new mob will not respawn .
We cant say that other time wasters will try to hunt the mob just for hope in hof and best fun for them will be out damaging victim and hof on top.
No those extremely fun actions for MA, pkers and other time wasters have another name in EU.
Less divine chips in circulation and harder to obtain it more value will have their chip already in use.
So in EU they have noble reason because EU is RCE and they will defend their investment lol.

It may be large and pendulous but I am no dick! :D

Please note that the reward is a Divine Intervention Chip I

I said this day one, there could easily be two more chips on the way...

Just a guess, to match the resto chips.

I predict they will not make another for some time. So no II or III or anything. This chip is a "test" for them to see how it goes. Kinda like all the other first time chips they have out. And even if they do make a II or III etc. the chip difference will only be instead of 50hp it will be 100hp or 150hp, doubt MA will ever make it 100% as that would not add to the "fun factor" of the game. :p

just my 2pec :D

Last edited:
+ rep for sharing =)

I predict they will not make another for some time. So no II or III or anything. This chip is a "test" for them to see how it goes. Kinda like all the other first time chips they have out. And even if they do make a II or III etc. the chip difference will only be instead of 50hp it will be 100hp or 150hp, doubt MA will ever make it 100% as that would not add to the "fun factor" of the game. :p

just my 2pec :D

Jak, I find myself in disagreement. 50hp is not a lot of heal, for those fortunate enough to have hp in the 250+ realm, 50 points of healing when going up against Dasp Stalkers, well, you might as well not bother. I fully expect to see the bigger ones.

I also predict they will be like:

I = 50
II = 100
III = 150

or in the very least

I = 50
II = 75
III = 100

Jak, I find myself in disagreement. 50hp is not a lot of heal, for those fortunate enough to have hp in the 250+ realm, 50 points of healing when going up against Dasp Stalkers, well, you might as well not bother. I fully expect to see the bigger ones.

Not bother? Star will be first to disagree with you I think.
The important part is saved from certain death by divine intervention... in most cases you should have time to pull out your fap and keep going.
I already know from experience it doesn't always work -- if you are being swarmed by marcimex for example, there is very little time to pull out a fap between getting saved and a different mob (or two) hitting you with a fatal blow. When one-on-one, I can easily re-buff divine after getting saved and healing myself. Focus chips might actually become a bit more popular if they help significantly with concentration.

Not bother? Star will be first to disagree with you I think.
The important part is saved from certain death by divine intervention... in most cases you should have time to pull out your fap and keep going.

Just meaning that if your target mob gives a max hit for way bigger then you can FAP against, you have 50+ your fap, they hit and wipe that out, you haven't recharged your Divine Intervention and hopefully you haven't already used your once per hour H-DNA (why?!!?!?!??!?!??!)

I understand Star is happy with it against Mulcibers, so it is is working out on those that great, but I imagine on some mobs it may become useless, namely the biggest of game, and even some event mobs that decide to keep hitting you even after they dealt you a death blow. Increased HP value of the higher up chips, will make them more useful on much bigger game.

Of course the return is even greater for those who are a low level hunter. For instance, if I hunted young Dasps, a level 1 DI chip will probably not be enough, but a level 2 or 3? A much better experience could be had (apart from the loot of course.)

Back