• Other (explanation)

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
I've always thought that a resource like Entropedia actually belongs ingame. It's an ease of access issue for new players; ultimately I feel it would promote player retention by putting information at the players fingertips, instead of through a third party they may or may not be willing to place faith in.

Resources I see being useful

1) Weapon DPS and Economy Score stats (Armor Economy Score and Finder/Extractor/Enhancer scores too)
2) Recommended creature type and level (recommended application, recommended plates and amps)
3) Top 3 comparable items currently on the market (with links)

This could be added to the current weapon info panel, and would be a great way to educate new players.

What say you? Do you prefer doing things the old way, or streamlining? Why?

Entropedia is a database controlled by players. All the information is inputted by users. They won't waste their time doing this.

If anything, just go get a 2nd monitor and plug it in.

I would rather not devote the time to create a shitty in game browser with limited functionality, bugs, security loopholes, and/or bloat. I've played a few games with in game browsers and they usually suck. You can tab out to Entropedia, or play windowed. I would much prefer a more extensive tutorial that describes things that should be common knowledge, and not just an afterthought.

Does anyone remember the 'New players guide' from before VU 10 that advised new players to go to the Ashi oil rig to pick up oil? :dunce:

The idea in it self isn't too bad. But I think we all know it's just gonna be one massive clusterf*ck.
I don't want to see ANY new features until they fix hitboxes/select next target/reduce mission tracker window/etc etc.

I doubt this would ever happen. I remember reading at one point from MA that part of the game is figuring out for yourself the eco, etc. of various items.

I doubt this would ever happen. I remember reading at one point from MA that part of the game is figuring out for yourself the eco, etc. of various items.

I agree with this. Part of the game is the exploration and discovery. I actually enjoy the fact that the information comes from the actual players and not just the one source.

first of all, make Entropedia actually work and not crash 1/2 times I try to use it!!!

When MA first put the detailed stats of the 2 new adjusted guns on the loader, DPP of one of them was wrong. People noted that out, MA confirmed the error, fixed the picture in the next update but somehow managed to put wrong DPS on the other gun now, where previously were no error. The error stays there since then.

It's just 2 damn guns, and you want them to manage a whole entropedia? At least on entropedia I can open history and make sure no one has edited the data since the last time when I manually retested it.

Most of all I would like to see this for creatures. I don't have the time to go to each planet and hunt every single mob trying to find out the damage types. I believe it is in the planet partners interest to make that kind of info public so more hunters will come and hunt these mobs.

sure, just make sure all info is legit and accurate... and also make sure that if it's some website run by Mindark itself or the PPs that that site/those sites are bug free, trojan and worm free, etc. (In the past at least one PPs site had some malware on it, hell here at pcf/ef the ad system handed out free viruses at one point in time)... putting it all in game, and not on some website might help curb that.... much info about most items in game is already in the banks, just add more to that system... show all item info screens from that interface, and add more info to each item screen, possibly put in search and filter functions in to it similar to auction, and/or do more filters like that in auction too... search auction by dps for my level where ha is 10/10, etc.

Most of all I would like to see this for creatures. I don't have the time to go to each planet and hunt every single mob trying to find out the damage types. I believe it is in the planet partners interest to make that kind of info public so more hunters will come and hunt these mobs.

Yes PP should run their site with selected members of the community. When I used to add to stuff to entropedia I would add stuff then someone who spends 5 mins changes stuff and then leaves the planet. Their info was wrong or the site was not designed for PP different themes.

I would be happy just with little.
That we get rid of "Default" in info window provided by item link or by scanner.
I would like to see item TT or item decay state from link provided in chat or by scanner, number of opened tier slots, colors and texture used ect ie million of things that exist and are not shown in "default" info picture.
In some other mmorpg's when a player provide a link to gold (peds here) in his inventory info window show exact amount of ped's / gold linked.
I cant remember if in past we had better info provided by scanner but mi sure we didn't have default item, default avatar etc
Wtf they changed it? After scanner gate and ceasing all investigator professions or latter?

The only thing I want, is an accurate and always up to date informative (window/board or whatever!!!) of "what mob...is.... where"! All other things we can find out by ourselves in external browsers! I mean A.C.C.U.R.A.T.E. like those announcements on Caly events. Why all other times this is a mesh?

sure, just make sure all info is legit and accurate... and also make sure that if it's some website run by Mindark itself or the PPs that that site/those sites are bug free, trojan and worm free, etc. (In the past at least one PPs site had some malware on it, hell here at pcf/ef the ad system handed out free viruses at one point in time)... putting it all in game, and not on some website might help curb that.... much info about most items in game is already in the banks, just add more to that system... show all item info screens from that interface, and add more info to each item screen, possibly put in search and filter functions in to it similar to auction, and/or do more filters like that in auction too... search auction by dps for my level where ha is 10/10, etc.

yes!
give the technician a real job. ;)

This game rewards people that have more information than others. It rewards the people that do a little research. We have a mentorsystem in place to educate new players.
I like players who read the forums and the databases.
I dislike players who say " I had three probes and I found nothing, this game sucks. "
Niche isn't bad...

Last edited:
I would be happy just with little.
That we get rid of "Default" in info window provided by item link or by scanner.
I would like to see item TT or item decay state from link provided in chat or by scanner, number of opened tier slots, colors and texture used ect ie million of things that exist and are not shown in "default" info picture.
In some other mmorpg's when a player provide a link to gold (peds here) in his inventory info window show exact amount of ped's / gold linked.
I cant remember if in past we had better info provided by scanner but mi sure we didn't have default item, default avatar etc
Wtf they changed it? After scanner gate and ceasing all investigator professions or latter?

"Default" is for linking items in chat, which is a fairly recent introduction to Entropia, it just shows the basic item without textures, tiers, enhancers etc applied.

The Scanner tool should still work as it always did.

The only thing I want, is an accurate and always up to date informative (window/board or whatever!!!) of "what mob...is.... where"! All other things we can find out by ourselves in external browsers! I mean A.C.C.U.R.A.T.E. like those announcements on Caly events. Why all other times this is a mesh?

Yep, would be nice if you could have a mob picker thing in game that has the actual spawn points listed in various spots where each mob of various maturity you pick are and you pick one on the mob and add it to your tracker thing so you can know exactly where to go to get that spawn. The systems are in place to do it all, Mindark just needs to program in a bit to put it all together with a nice gui/hud.

I have a way to get this kind of data in game via overwolf, no-one was interested though, so I pulled the app(which won twitch developer challenge), and use it personally.

I can both update and view all my databases/tools full screen, even watch other twitch feeds in-game, so this is very possible.

I will point out and warn that entropedia, has errors, simply due to the people over the years with access, and nefarious plans to manipulate markups. Always keep this in mind and do your own math to see what I am talking about.

*what is displayed on my site is currently(not the only dataset) based on this same data and would show the same errors at current.

Entropedia is a massive undertaking and for what it is, a pretty amazing database. I would almost suggest the Entropedia programming is superior to MA's programming.

When MA first put the detailed stats of the 2 new adjusted guns on the loader, DPP of one of them was wrong. People noted that out, MA confirmed the error, fixed the picture in the next update but somehow managed to put wrong DPS on the other gun now, where previously were no error. The error stays there since then.

It's just 2 damn guns, and you want them to manage a whole entropedia? At least on entropedia I can open history and make sure no one has edited the data since the last time when I manually retested it.

This pretty much sums up my opinion. With all the bugs and issues that the game is rife with--not just presently, but historically--I highly doubt they would have the capability to implement such a built-in database without major eff-ups along the way.

I also like that the game requires research and assistance from other players for one to get (further) ahead, which tends to keep out the player element that just wants instant profits with minimal time or money investment.

Entropedia is a massive undertaking and for what it is, a pretty amazing database. I would almost suggest the Entropedia programming is superior to MA's programming.

Please tell me you're kidding...

Please tell me you're kidding...

Hardly. I wish I was.

Did you have a point in your reply? Are you trying to suggest MA's programming is fantastic?

For my part I think the game is overly weakened by its reliance on 3rd party developers.

If EP or 711 disappeared tomorrow this game would go straight to hell.

Hardly. I wish I was.

Did you have a point in your reply? Are you trying to suggest MA's programming is fantastic?

Yes...

Please go program what MA does. I would love to see you try.

Yes...

Please go program what MA does. I would love to see you try.

Dumb analogy. You don't need to be a mechanic to know if a car is built shoddily or not. I'm not a programmer but I've worked in I.T. over 13 years, so I know a thing or two about how software works...certainly more than the average Joe on the forum.

Dumb analogy. You don't need to be a mechanic to know if a car is built shoddily or not. I'm not a programmer but I've worked in I.T. over 13 years, so I know a thing or two about how software works...certainly more than the average Joe on the forum.

So you've spent some time behind a help desk, and play a bit of Quake, and now you're lecturing game designers.

No.

I too thought I knew a thing or two about games given double digit years in IT until I founded a company dedicated toward their betterment and sat down and interviewed game developers.

I didnt know jack shit then. Neither do you, now.

EU can do better, yes. I'd love to sit down at a table or GoToMeeting with their dev team and brain storm. But that's not my job, I'm just a player. Still, a community chat session once a quarter might work in their favor if done correctly.

So you've spent some time behind a help desk, and play a bit of Quake, and now you're lecturing game designers.

No.

I too thought I knew a thing or two about games given double digit years in IT until I founded a company dedicated toward their betterment and sat down and interviewed game developers.

I didnt know jack shit then. Neither do you, now.

There you go beating your chest again. It gets so old.

What you know jack shit about is what *I* know. You don't know my hobbies and interests outside of this game, you don't know my age, you don't know my background in education, you don't know SFA. You just THINK you do. Me, I don't blather on about my private life on this forum--nor any other forum I'm a member of.

There you go beating your chest again. It gets so old.

What you know jack shit about is what *I* know. You don't know my hobbies and interests outside of this game, you don't know my age, you don't know my background in education, you don't know SFA. You just THINK you do. Me, I don't blather on about my private life on this forum--nor any other forum I'm a member of.

So will we have a working prototype by December?

:laugh:

* Yes, but only if it's an ingame feature, which auto-collects ingame Mindark's official data. :yay:

* NOT if it's just a modded system-sucking ingame browser that simply points to the Entropedia website! :mad: No thanks.

* Yes, but only if it's an ingame feature, which auto-collects ingame Mindark's official data. :yay:

* NOT if it's just a modded system-sucking ingame browser that simply points to the Entropedia website! :mad: No thanks.

Agreed I was not suggesting a browser. That was somebodies re-interpretation further up the replies. I clearly mentioned that it should be part of the item description on every item.

Back