Bot user on Cyrene

tuxxan

Dominant
Tuxxen Skeleton Storm
Hello my friends!

Today when i was out hunting someone in chat told me there was a guy bot hunting on panelons youngs, i figured i might go check it out. this person was doing some weird stuff, like attacking my mobs and another guys mobs, i tried to talk with him but no reply.

The best part is that i got it all on stream recorded for MA to see themselves what happened. I received a message from MA 10 min after the case was created and they confirmed that if he was botting he will not be available to play anymore.

I just though you guys might be interested in this and if he do get banned it might scare away other bot users.

/Tuxxen

i had this on ark, i was doing something else so i was swunting monuras and i noticed this 1 guy running in circles and shooting my mobs, no response or anything... so i just hit a few mobs to 70%ish and then follow him so he would kill them, followed him like this for a few minutes before i bored off

is this the youngs south of rookie? if so, that area is been altered to stop afk hunting

If the botuser is still there later....

A bot user doesn't mind killstealing either. Scan him and pick a weapon with more dps than his, and killsteal his mobs.

Reactions: jak
Nice to see someone knows what to do when they run up on a Bot.. Film it and report it to MA.

Thanks,

A bot user doesn't mind killstealing either. Scan him and pick a weapon with more dps than his, and killsteal his mobs.

I did that, a few times, wrote to him but no reply. until 10min later when he notice my PM, then he started to blame it on his daughter, that "she" was playing when he was out shopping food..

And then someone record it and send you to MA :laugh:

btw bots in EU I guess loose more than what they cost so why bother

And then someone record it and send you to MA :laugh:

btw bots in EU I guess loose more than what they cost so why bother

I have sent MA the video and they told me i should be fine since it's to prove a point. but they dont suggest doing it in a abuse way so to speak. :)

To me this was obvious evidence of botting, I don't know how we could have provided more condemning evidence and I hope that MA has some logs to cross reference with your video and our observations.

Gj on the recording.

To me this was obvious evidence of botting, I don't know how we could have provided more condemning evidence and I hope that MA has some logs to cross reference with your video and our observations.

Gj on the recording.

Yep indeed. it seems like the avatar is offline. maybe the banhammer hit him?

deactivated

Last edited:
WOW REALLY ???

This is ALT acc to one of biggest auction deed scammers . God bless you TUXXEN but i doubt he is banned...

I will see his main account activity and let you know if its banned or no :laugh:

Well Mindark responded within an hour with a non-standardized response about this.

So if they indeed saw what we saw, this avatar might actually be banned.

I have no idea what's on this image... Pink bunny is a bot that is mobtraining you? :)

The resolution of the image is ridiculous. To be able to show ANYTHING to other ppl you should at least learn how to upload full resolution high quality images to PCF. Uploading some foggy crap to imgur is a waste of your time, and ours as well.
If u can't even handle images it's hopeless, you have to be able to handle hi-res video and that's even more complicated... Better just forget it.
... run up to the botter and say ello. If hes not a botter youll know you were wrong pretty quick. :holyshit:
Say Hello? This is a proof? O my...
Please, leave the bots alone. Believe me it's better if other ppl deal with em. Even if nobody deals with em it's still better than you running around messing with ppl. If u really want to be able to do something about those problems there's a lot of things u have to learn first. :yup:

How can you tell the difference from someone using a third party software bot, and someone using next target, loot pills and auto shoot? Just curious, genuine question.

i know nothing about bots, but would it be able to switch to Xent sometimes (depending on range), Melee when closer and without a autoloot? its either a great bot or a really bad one, its possible to have sound off and not notice a PM light up, but when you kill his mobs and he remains silent, thats suspect

i know nothing about bots, but would it be able to switch to Xent sometimes (depending on range), Melee when closer and without a autoloot? its either a great bot or a really bad one

Like Diablo II bots before . They was doing barely everything that normal people do behind computer . Like teleporting , healing , changing from HOTO to CTA :laugh: and etc etc

I think when Tuxxan also hit some of the mobs this messed with the bot. It did not actually adapt to range but was rather set on shooting the first two-three shots then go melee. But when Tuxxan managed to loot it I guess the bot got confused.

Prior to Tuxxan arriving I was there alone with the bot and it was constantly doing exactly the same thing.

When the new paneleons hadn't spawned yet, the bot started KSing me.

It would be fairly easy to macro everything in to a OCR system.

It's how the original Imk2 botters did it.. They had OCR to heal under 30% HP (modfap), walking backwards while shooting, etc.

should have pulled a puny mang or two around and sat back

How can you tell the difference from someone using a third party software bot, and someone using next target, loot pills and auto shoot? Just curious, genuine question.
Good point. To explain how it's done properly let me give an example.
It is from another game but it's very short (55sec) and right to the point. (I think there is some videos on my channel about EU bots as well but they are much longer and thus pretty boring to watch).

What you see is a skill farming macro that swithes between healing and damaging the mob. In that game mobs get bored of you eventually if u don't make any damage, so switching to weapon afer certain intervals is an essential part of the macro. 1st part of the video demonstrates the switcing between healing tool > weapon > and back to healing.

To prove there is nobody behind the keyboard you have to stand facing the bot so it will heal you instead. (That's what i'm doing at 1/2 of the video). If I remained there few sec longer the bot would have died.

At this point we already have proof.

At 3/4 however, I decided that was too easy and no fun. I take my own fap and save his life at the last moment - so that I can shoot the bastard myself. It was a member of the hostile alliance and we're in a PvP zone... so it's kinda ritual kill thing (would have shot him anyway, even if he wasn't a bot.)

Fun stuff... :)

Good point. To explain how it's done properly let me give an example.
It is from another game but it's very short (55sec) and right to the point. (I think there is some videos on my channel about EU bots as well but they are much longer and thus pretty boring to watch).

What you see is a skill farming macro that swithes between healing and damaging the mob. In that game mobs get bored of you eventually if u don't make any damage, so switching to weapon afer certain intervals is an essential part of the macro. 1st part of the video demonstrates the switcing between healing tool > weapon > and back to healing.

To prove there is nobody behind the keyboard you have to stand facing the bot so it will heal you instead. (That's what i'm doing at 1/2 of the video). If I remained there few sec longer the bot would have died.

At this point we already have proof.

At 3/4 however, I decided that was too easy and no fun. I take my own fap and save his life at the last moment - so that I can shoot the bastard myself. It was a member of the hostile alliance and we're in a PvP zone... so it's kinda ritual kill thing (would have shot him anyway, even if he wasn't a bot.)

Fun stuff... :)

such cool potential in that game, until that happened. )
That game is dead now by the way, and bots are one of the reasons many left.

Take note.

This "botting alt" situation brings to mind another point: What's the good in banning an alt avatar if they don't also find out the "parent" player's avatar and ban that, too? Banning alts is useless if there are no further ramifications...the players who created the alts will just create more. One would hope MA could somehow determine the "hosts" from the "guests" and be able to ban the spider itself, not just a single strand of its web.

One would hope MA could somehow determine the "hosts" from the "guests" and be able to ban the spider itself, not just a single strand of its web.
Spit in one hand. Put hope in the other. Which one feels heavier...

I do agree, one would hope that Mindark would take more preventative measures, and heavier handed measures than they have in the past, but unfortunately, the mistakes of the past all too often just get repeated in the future (especially when Mindark is concerned)... In some ways, I believe Mindark may unintentionally be encouraging folks to make alts since they create a temporary influx of activity and cash sometimes. It's a very temporary thing, but sometimes under the right circumstances, Mindark benefits from folks abusing the system.

MA did at one time completely ban Romania I believe in an effort to help curb the problem years back.

Not sure what all came of it, but they did at a time trace IP's back to determine that most of them came from the ranges Romania supplies.

The problem even at this point is that they can just provide some document saying there are many people living at the home, ie A family. And then MA is nearly helpless, which families play and which are fraudulent....nearly impossible to determine beyond that point I am afraid.

Unless they start tying into big data like Facebook, or Google who can authenticate users much better, I really have no idea what could be done.

Nice job on the report.

I just don't see the benefit of running around with a bot like this. I mean, you're still spending the money to kill the mobs. Only benefit I see is the skill increases. I'm here to actually play the game and kill mobs for fun. I doubt they're making any money from this besides the skill increases for which they're paying for anyway. Its a pointless bot IMO.

Spit in one hand. Put hope in the other. Which one feels heavier...

I prefer this variation: "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first!" :laugh:

Back