Hello All

Status

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Hello all.

I understand that I am an asshole for not finding a way to communicate with someone/anyone in EU, to at least tell people that I'm alive. I have an inbox with similar descriptive words of me and I wont hold it against anyone.

I am truly sorry that I have not logged in to EU, this forum, my email, etc for over a year. My IRL situation took a series of dramatic turns for the worse. I feel very bad that I have not reached out to anyone in EU.

I know that a few of you wont forgive me for that. I know that my abrupt absence caused some to fear the worst had happened. There have been times where I feared that the worst would happen but I am still here and I hope that God has a plan for me. What that plan might be, I certainly don't know.

I have been juggling a series of health issues, employment issues, and financial issues... none of which would be appropriate to discuss on a public internet forum for a video game. Really some things aren't appropriate even to discuss IRL. For over a year I have been without access to the internet in a way where I could use it for personal use... not even a smartphone.

I think/hope that I am on the other side of my more serious health issue but I will continue to deal with other things for the rest of my life. Financially, I'm screwed at the moment. That's the best possible way to summarize it. My living situation is less than ideal and is absolutely toxic for me. Already I feel like its too much info but I also feel that I at least owe some generalized details.

For a while now, I have been walking to and from work everyday in Green Bay Wisconsin during winter, with my basic $25 pre-paid cellphone that could only make phone calls from the call history in the phone because half of the buttons no longer worked.

Two weeks ago, I lost my job, again, and its for reasons that are outside of my control. As much as that only increases my short term problems, there is a silver lining to it because it allows me to cash out a very small retirement account that was through my employer. With these funds I should be able to purchase an inexpensive vehicle that runs and from there choose a new employment path. Really a new life path.

With my spare time, a handful of times per month, I have gotten back into fishing, something I had not been serious about since I was a kid. Fishing was my first real passion in life and I feel fortunate to have rediscovered it. I just fish from shore, but manage to catch some impressive fish. The most recent was two 29" Walleye as well as a 56" Muskie.

Fishing has been the one positive in my life. The physical activity from it, and from walking to work has been helpful.

Typing all of this brings tears to my eyes.

If I could ask a favor of everyone. Please don't bombard me with questions about my situation IRL. Its hard to discuss and already this post contains more information than 99% of people know IRL. All of us are dealt cards in life that are less than ideal at times. For some of us, we are in situations that may be too much to handle. I feel like that's my situation. I don't have a handle on it. All that I can do is choose to look forward and not backwards and this is something that I'm struggling with.

Due to my situation, I am unable to play EU in the way that I used to. I cant do the daily 8-10+ hour marathon days. I have to maintain some basic level of physical activity, focus on IRL, and continue trying to slowly get back into shape. I can not allow EU to become an escape for me again because I know where that path leads.

I am downloading EU but I am uncertain if this PC will even run EU. It probably will and we will see in about a half hour. My intent is to return to EU, on a much more limited/normal basis.

I hope all of you are well.

-HardWrath

Glad you are still around and all is well. I know many people will be happy to see you again.

All the best fella. Think positive, be positive and positive return will be yours.

Welcome back. I can appreciate it must have took a lot of courage to type that, but I for one am glad you did. I guess there are those who will be hurt that you didn't get in touch, but surely the ones who really care will deep down be glad that you are ok (even if they won't admit it) .

You sound like you have a plan, and with that, I am sure you will be just fine. Good luck on the next part of it :)

If you ever need an uninvolved ear to listen, or an outsiders point of view on things, or even just someone to talk to, drop me a pm. I like to chat :)

You don't even know how much I have worried and stressed!!!!
So glad you are back!!

respect and sympathise!
I know first hand some of those issues and also alot of ppl in my country suffering from financial crisis and that austerity shit!
The only thing that matter to keep your health intact and don't give up! welcome back!

You have been greatly missed by me and many others...cant tell you how happy I am you are ok.

You've been missed! I hope everything works out for you.

It's good to hear of you old friend :)

I hope you find that new path and that you will find good things there

Hi HardWrath.
I have no idea who you are, I just recognise your avatar name.

As Bonnie wrote, it takes a massive amount of courage to open up and post something like you did! Respect and kudos for that.
No, you're not an asshole for not having logged in or communicated with anyone ingame. We're all different, we handle struggles differently. Noone is to say that you're doing it wrong. Those who really care about you won't demand any explanations. And those who don't really care, don't deserve any.

I hope you'll manage to get through the things you're dealing with. Don't aim too high to begin with, but be patient and take one step at a time. If you have someone irl who understand you, then try to lean on them at times, if you can. It's no sign of weakness to say and show that you struggle, on the contrary.

Godspeed, and happy fishing.

You have made many happy over the years in this game as we all know. It was you that got me into my first SOC as many can say and have been a good friend over the years.

I don't think anyone is mad at you, just very happy you are still with us :yay:.

One last thing, you are correct GOD does have a plan that includes you :).

Welcome back. Hope things work out.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your RL problems, just one step at a time and some great fishing in the meantime and im sure you'll make it through :), all the best to you.

Those are some nice fish, a good muskie is a hooked muskie! :) welcome back.

It's great to see you back! Life is full of stumbling blocks and challenges. It's ultimately how you deal with them that really matters. You can't pick and choose your challenges, but you can pick and choose how you react to them.

God bless :)

Welcome back. I know it may have been hard to post this message but we all thank you and hope your RL and all will only improve over time.

Thank you all for the kind words. It wasn't expected... I really don't know what to say.

I was able to log on today, I hunted a bit, and was able to chat with a handful of old friends.

Ill be online tomorrow again.

You are a exceptional human being for opening like that. I know all will go right for you.
Take care and hugs to you! :wtg:

Max,
you were certainly missed, and I'm very glad to see you back.
The game needs more honest people like you

Welcome back HardWrath, I wish you good luck sorting out all the real life issues RL can sometimes send our way :)

I gotta admit I hated you in the past for reselling weapons and your ridiculous pricing and looking at your selling thread, i don't understand why you didn't sellout and withdraw $ from the game, but I don't know the details and I certainly don't want to judge you.

Tough shit happens in RL and I think you can be proud of yourself for getting through hard period of your life. Just remember: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! So don't give up and keep fighting :)

I gotta admit I hated you in the past for reselling weapons and your ridiculous pricing and looking at your selling thread, i don't understand why you didn't sellout and withdraw $ from the game, but I don't know the details and I certainly don't want to judge you.

Tough shit happens in RL and I think you can be proud of yourself for getting through hard period of your life. Just remember: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! So don't give up and keep fighting :)

Better to just keep hating me then because I'm going to continue reselling weapons, armor, or whatever and with all of it I'm going to buy for the cheapest possible price that's fair and sell for the highest possible price that's fair.

I trade for profit, not to be a charity or clearance warehouse. If my price is too high, then no one will buy and I'll be forced to lower the price. Its happened before, also whats happened before is that I've sold too cheap.... So I try to avoid both scenarios. Ultimately the market (buyers) decide the price.

Better to just keep hating me then because I'm going to continue reselling weapons, armor, or whatever and with all of it I'm going to buy for the cheapest possible price that's fair and sell for the highest possible price that's fair.

I trade for profit, not to be a charity or clearance warehouse. If my price is too high, then no one will buy and I'll be forced to lower the price. Its happened before, also whats happened before is that I've sold too cheap.... So I try to avoid both scenarios. Ultimately the market (buyers) decide the price.

Well in that case, you are not as financially screwed as you've said in your heart-touching OP. When you can afford expensive non-existing virtual items. Just a word of warning, it's probably the worst time for reselling. MA is trying it's best to ruin markup on most items.

Glad you are ok. I hear jobs may be coming in game soon... ;)

I'm glad to hear that your OK Max, it's always sad when an Avatar simply disappears, I always think the worst :(

Dirk

Well in that case, you are not as financially screwed as you've said in your heart-touching OP. When you can afford expensive non-existing virtual items. Just a word of warning, it's probably the worst time for reselling. MA is trying it's best to ruin markup on most items.

Please don't assume to know my situation in EU or IRL. Your post is full of assumptions.

I've been a non-depositor for a long long time now. Withdrawing right now, or in the near future, is not an option.... the reasons I don't need to explain.

For the last year, I didn't even have access to a computer that can run EU.

I'm not trying to be a dick with you but you sort of are being one towards me right now.

moderator.jpg

Locking thread upon request from thread starter.

Status
Back