Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

I think the idea is a good one...

Taxation is an important part of any sustainable economy, we might not like it, but it is. The alternative would have been a tax on loot profits or globals, at least a TP fee is avoidable if people don't like it, can always fly your ship.

I think this will be very good for the economy, being able to have a job inside EU will help establish new players by providing them with a regular ped income too hunt/mine. I don't think it will detract from deposits as once people reach a certain level cash injections are needed for upgrades etc.

Taxes kill economies. Move to Detroit if you think differently. Furthermore when one asks (as they frequently do) "Just what the hell do my taxes do for me??" In this instance, you will know with 100% certainty, absolutely nothing.

And what next?

revive fee
enter appartment fee
enter shop fee
remove item from shop fee
drop item to shop fee
drop item to appartment fee
remove item from appartment fee
add visitor to private appartment fee
change appartment privacy setting fee
use the TT fee

Come on, biggest bullshit I have seen in my EU history

Beside that:

NEVERDIE is not my president -- there was no election !!!

Strange coincidend, as a GW2 player, which have paid teleports, I was thinking about this solution in EU...

Neverdie, you will have to accept that paid TP will drive away avatars from teleporting and your calculations like : hmm there are 35k players(will there be more or less? ask yourself!), 10mios TPs/year, each 1PED, it will give us 10mios PED/year. It's trurly lame :(

No, it will not give 10miosPED/year. Please get familiar with this simple economic theory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitute_good

Many players will stay ultra-eco and will walk, use vehicles to reach destination they want to, there be hundreds of substitutions for TP.

Neverdie, you really want to watch this virtual world burn. I know that I should not mention other games, but there are really MANY RCE, Sci-Fi games coming and some of us may take substitute good theory really serious and just find substitution for EU.

Best of luck, for you all - take care mostly of your real reality, virtual exists only on MA's bugged servers.

1 ped per TP doesn't sound like very much to me for people who have already invested a lot in this game...

but then I think, that's from my personal standpoint! I can imagine how much some other people I know who have different play styles teleport though, and I can see how that can add up fast depending on what you're doing...

and new players get royally boned with this pay-to-TP garbage!...

also, can someone explain these numbers, because my brain doesn't quite understand this...

so in 2016, there's currently 10 million Teleports a year?...
and in 2020, there will be 10 billion Teleports a year? and 2030 100 billion?!...
(not exact math here, but that's pretty much irrelevant) so that looks something like...
2016: 10 million TP's
2017: 100 million TP's
2018: 1 billion TP's
2019: 5 billion TP's
2020: 10 billion TP's
2021: 15 billion TP's
2022: 20 billion TP's
2023: 30 billion TP's
2024: 40 billion TP's
2025: 50 billion TP's
2026: 60 billion TP's
2027: 70 billion TP's
2028: 80 billion TP's
2029: 90 billion TP's
2030: 100 billion TP's

are you kidding?! you think there will EVER be 100 BILLION teleports per year?!:loco:

so the plan is: take something free, and make us pay to use it, and we will use it 10,000x more often?!
bwahaha ok :hammer::kos::duh::dunce::drool:

Last edited:
so the plan is: take something free, and make us pay to use it, and we will use it 10,000x more often?!

if they make it cost 20ped instead and make TPs work like clicking EP4 in condition,
atleast the paid TP would have some gamblers using it a lot :D
while rest of the ppl would totally stop to TP around.

"OMG ima go jerk the TP to try get TP token ATH"

if they make it cost 20ped instead and make TPs work like clicking EP4 in condition,
atleast the paid TP would have some gamblers using it a lot :D
while rest of the ppl would totally stop to TP around.

"OMG ima go jerk the TP to try get TP token ATH"

LOL now there is an idea. TP global! :)

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

Werent you about to quit the game?
Someone who doesnt really play the game doesnt see the harm of bad changes

1 ped per TP doesn't sound like very much to me for people who have already invested a lot in this game...

but then I think, that's from my personal standpoint! I can imagine how much some other people I know who have different play styles teleport though, and I can see how that can add up fast depending on what you're doing...

and new players get royally boned with this pay-to-TP garbage!...

also, can someone explain these numbers, because my brain doesn't quite understand this...

so in 2016, there's currently 10 million Teleports a year?...
and in 2020, there will be 10 billion Teleports a year? and 2030 100 billion?!...
(not exact math here, but that's pretty much irrelevant) so that looks something like...
2016: 10 million TP's
2017: 100 million TP's
2018: 1 billion TP's
2019: 5 billion TP's
2020: 10 billion TP's
2021: 15 billion TP's
2022: 20 billion TP's
2023: 30 billion TP's
2024: 40 billion TP's
2025: 50 billion TP's
2026: 60 billion TP's
2027: 70 billion TP's
2028: 80 billion TP's
2029: 90 billion TP's
2030: 100 billion TP's

are you kidding?! you think there will EVER be 100 BILLION teleports per year?!:loco:

The only shit this will bring is less ppl use TP's not increased ammount
We need economics for dummies here

Werent you about to quit the game?
Someone who doesnt really play the game doesnt see the harm of bad changes

There's a really funny way to see how a lie spreads like fire on this community...

I was asked the very same question earlier today, and considering the time you spent on forums I can't believe that you missed that, but more like that you just want to derail one more thread with the same nonsense.

Anyway, I will repeat the very same answer I gave at that time:

That's a pure lie!

Show me a single place where I said I even consider leaving the game (not leaving the forums) and not one week back, but anytime during this year and I'll do and say ANYTHING you want...

I assure you there isn't and there wasn't any such thread made by me.

Normally apologies should be in order when you'll realize you was wrong, but I doubt that will happen.

There's a really funny way to see how a lie spreads like fire on this community...

I was asked the very same question earlier today, and considering the time you spent on forums I can't believe that you missed that, but more like that you just want to derail one more thread with the same nonsense.

Anyway, I will repeat the very same answer I gave at that time:

That's a pure lie!

Show me a single place where I said I even consider leaving the game (not leaving the forums) and not one week back, but anytime during this year and I'll do and say ANYTHING you want...

I assure you there isn't and there wasn't any such thread made by me.

Normally apologies should be in order when you'll realize you was wrong, but I doubt that will happen.

Tbh the fact if you stay or leave isnt that relevant to me, but you been around since late 2015 correct?
If so, i been around since late 2007, i saw a lot of changes that brought good, and bad, this one i fear to be terrible.

Tbh the fact if you stay or leave isnt that relevant to me, but you been around since late 2015 correct?
If so, i been around since late 2007, i saw a lot of changes that brought good, and bad, this one i fear to be terrible.

Well, it was you that brought the lie (can't even call it rumor since it has no basis) of me quitting the game; I didn't brought it up and I didn't said it is important or relevant to you. :)

And yeah, of course, we all (including me, including you) have a right to an opinion, and yeah, if we count only our age here, yours should carry more value to developers than mine; on the other hand, that doesn't mean that I can't also express mine or that it is by default wrong or yours is be default good.

We'll all state our POVs (and I didn't told anyone to shut up and not express theirs), DEVs will prolly see / read them all, pass everything through their own filter, analyze other data we don't have access too, then make their final decision. And if eventually the DEVs decision will be to not push forward with this idea, I'll just shrug my shoulders, be a bit sad for (what I see as) a lost opportunity and just keep playing like I do now, not gonna quit over it. :p

Lol withdrawal committed, what is this shit...

Try to see it from a low depositors few, living in not that damn rich country like US or EU main country´s.

This low depositor maybe can afford to desposit 10-20$ / month.

10$ is 100 PED, using the TP only 1 time he already lost 1% of his deposit.

Now this player may want to do a daily mission, to reach that in acceptable time he use the TP ( 1 PED burned, 1% lost)
He starts with 99 PED ammo, hunts some small.
He got a slighly above average hunt and makes 95 PED loot out of his 99 PED ammo
When he is finished, he wants to sell his loot to a reseller, because all stacks are to small to auction it, and he won´t give away all MU.
50% of his loot is ammo and shrapnel - he keeps the shrapnel to convert it to ammo 101% for next hunt, and TTs the comon ammo to have PED to pay the teleport.
He arrives at Twins and has roughly 45 PED loot to sell, for easyer math, lets say he got 50 PED loot to sell, and reseller offers 102% for the bulk. He gets 51 PED, but had to pay 1 PED TP fee, so he gets 0 MU :D

You see where that leeds too.
People like him are forced to walk to their hunting grounds, as TP fee is simply not affordable.

Some will say use a vehicle, well LOL
If you start at PA and have daily mission for lets say Foul -- how much oil will you burn driving or flying to a place where you can hunt Foul ? Its not a guess, I know for sure, it cost more oil than the 1 PED TP fee, so that is not an option. Only option is walking!

Now how long do you need walking from PA to a place where you can hunt Foul -- great fun for this player wasting 80% of its playtime just walking to the hunting grounds.

For those players that deposit several 100$ every month, the 1 PED fee maybe don´t hurt, but that is not the average player in EU. I know a lot people ingame that have very limited funds to spend in EU.
This would hurt them hard, and EU became unplayable for them, for 2 reasons (TP to expencive, and distances ingame to long to effectively play by foot only).

Beside that EU doesn´t need to force anybody to use vehicles or TP chips, most do it anyways --- from revive back to mob that killed you with a crit ? How do you get back to your wounded mobs ? Walking ? Well, I normally use TP chip or vehicle (mostly TP chip, vehicle only if its very close to revive).

And next thing: look at FOMA or CP -- hunting there will be dead very fast
1 PED TP fee everytime a mob (Dasp/Aurli) crits you to death ?
If you hired a FAPer its 2 PED / death, as FAPer can´t run to a save spot without killing the wounded mob, so he just die to, at least I do that when FAPing on Dasp or Aurli ! My customers surely would be pissed if I run to turret save zone everytime killing their half dead Dasp, when they revive after a crit :D

I have invested fairly much into EU, and it surely would stop me playing when this TP fee really comes.
I surely would keep my account and my skills and my gear. Then regularly check in if something changes, but MA wouldn´t earn anything from me for a long time nor any PP or landowner.
At my actual playstyle (if not intercepted by some RL work I have to do a lot lately) I normally jump around a lot on Caly. 10+ TP jumps a day is nothing special, often its a lot more. Only 10 TPs = 10 PED / day = 30 $ a month only for using the TPs.
No thanks, thats more than I deposit monthly atm, as I managed to generate enough ingame income to play at my level with a small 20 Euro deposit every month.
And my time is limited aswell, I have to earn money RL, so I can´t afford the time walking/running from one side from Caly to the other side to do a daily hunt quest.
I have children to feed, a house that needs to be paid, and living in my country is not the cheapest, everything here is fairly expencive. For a millionaire like ND 30$ a month maybe peanuts, but most people on the world have to think twice bevor spending 30$ for nothing !

Try to see it from a low depositors few, living in not that damn rich country like US or EU main country´s.

This low depositor maybe can afford to desposit 10-20$ / month.

What if this low depositor will enroll as conscript, spend 15 hours per month doing that (that's 30 minutes per day), make 150 PED from the conscript work itself, practically doubling his deposit?

Then from these 150 PED he could spend some peds now and then to teleport on distant areas; and yeah, on Calypso that may be a bit of a struggle, but on other planets flying from one corner to the other corner of the map costs (way) less than half a ped in oil.

Well, it was you that brought the lie (can't even call it rumor since it has no basis) of me quitting the game; I didn't brought it up and I didn't said it is important or relevant to you. :)

And yeah, of course, we all (including me, including you) have a right to an opinion, and yeah, if we count only our age here, yours should carry more value to developers than mine; on the other hand, that doesn't mean that I can't also express mine or that it is by default wrong or yours is be default good.

We'll all state our POVs (and I didn't told anyone to shut up and not express theirs), DEVs will prolly see / read them all, pass everything through their own filter, analyze other data we don't have access too, then make their final decision. And if eventually the DEVs decision will be to not push forward with this idea, I'll just shrug my shoulders, be a bit sad for (what I see as) a lost opportunity and just keep playing like I do now, not gonna quit over it. :p

Not saying older better
I spent a lot of time playing EU and witnessed a lot of changes since EU is dynamic.
Some killed a lot of things
Pre VU 9 EU was more alive than now, even tho grafics were shittier.
a lot of small details that make the game were never brought back...

I say first
- Fix whats broken
- Implement what been promissed long ago (the hell with compets)
- Advertise the game and slowly add content (instances, new mobs, new diversity quests other than mindless grind)

I believe that would make the game have that feel again and make it appealing and so compeling to spend time here instead of frustrating for lags/bugs

Love your sarcasm meter Manique is hours after I first saw it and I'm still laughing

Income estimates based on putting price on something that used to be free?????
Cannot count on that. I use teleports constantly. You think I'm going to keep using them at 1 ped per pop??? forget it. Not going to happen

#space_flight bringing together space service providers with travellers

What if this low depositor will enroll as conscript, spend 15 hours per month doing that (that's 30 minutes per day), make 150 PED from the conscript work itself, practically doubling his deposit?

Yeah, free money for everyone, what could possibly go wrong.

Sorry to break it to you, but the Magic Money Fairy does not exist.

Yeah, free money for everyone, what could possibly go wrong.

Sorry to break it to you, but the Magic Money Fairy does not exist.

But but I want free ped as well!!!!

Just imagine nobody needs to ever deposit again, we can all milk the free ped and get Rich.

Man $10.00 per hour, thats great, we can all live for free with gumdrop rain and candyfloss clouds.

I gonna spend my money on pRon sites, pay per view ladies paid by EU.

Wicked, it's awesome man CAPSLOCKFCKYEAH!!!

I don't get why people soooo negative about it, i mean free $$$$$$$$ c'mon people!!!!

Last edited:
cat_amongst_the_pigeons.jpg

I think this is the biggest ^ since:

• Auction Fee increase
  • Laser Amp Nerf
  • Armor Equip fee

Let's see how this thing pans out. If its a fail (like the last one on the list) then it will be dropped.

:laugh: on the Magic Money Fairy Oleg :laugh:

such good expressions.
Me saying I won't pay for teleports is not same as me asking for hand-out. Im fine to walk, drive, fly, translocate everywhere and make do without teleports.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

What I don't understand is why some people feel that I must either change how I play the game, or else play in the same manner to fund someone else's game. :scratch2: If I want to help new players, I will, by buying sweat at a decent rate... if they are new. Older players, bugger off... I don't want your sweat! :laugh:

It was brought up that players already contribute to funding others via the oil fields. I call bullshit on that one. The PP funds the oil, and also controls how much oil will be dropped, and how often (to a certain degree). I already contribute to the game by generating a significant amount of decay, and there are many, many others who generate far more decay than I could ever afford to (unless I win Powerball, then we are gonna have a huge decay-fest!)

Having to pay to use something that has been a "right" since I started playing, that's also bullshit. I EARNED the right, 8 years ago, to use those TP's, by hoofing it all around the planet in order to get them on my map. So, the unmitigated gall that some players have, suggesting that because I have more peds than they do, I should pay to use the TP's in order to fund their gameplay, well, it rather pisses me off. (American pissed, not European :laugh: )

I am not wealthy, by any stretch of the imagination, either in game or IRL, although to some players, I might be considered quite wealthy. Regardless of how much or how little money I have, it has zero bearing on me paying to use the TP. I already pay enough taxes IRL to fund freeloaders, and I have absolutely no intention of doing in a friggin' game!

Want to have a job? Great, then provide a service that another player will find useful, not some bullshit fictional job made up at the expense of other players. Someone suggested MA creating ways that shop owners could hire sales people, and if there were a way that a pilot of a spacecraft (not the owner) could summon guests, I would consider "renting" my privateer. There are a number of ideas that MA could do in order to generate interest and create actual jobs that matter, but this idea, well it's just lame.

If MA want's to generate more cashflow, they can have an actual IPO. I might actually considering investing in MA stock if that happened. (Unless, ofc, the "president" gets asinine ideas such as TP fees implemented... then MA stock would become worthless very quickly).

My apologies for the wall of text. I must also apologize for the excessive use of the word "bullshit"... but that's what I feel about this concept, it's pure bullshit. (Hey, who has the bovine excrement meter?) :laugh:

let's play a game called MATH! :yay:

so if in 2016 there are 10 million Teleports, and by 2020 there will be 10 billion Teleports...
Some people TP more, some less, so everyone will have to increase their TP activity to the same scale...

let's say I teleport once a day! 4 years from now, I will be teleporting 1,000 times a day!
at 1 ped/TP I will be spending 1K ped/day ($100 a day!!!) on TP's?! Plus that will take a lot of time!

So there must be an expectation of more players by then?...
let's say in 4 years they somehow manage to increase the player base by 10x what it is now...
AND in this scenario, every new player must have an equal amount of TP activity as 2016 players...
If I TP once a day now, 4 years from now I TP 100 times a day, and spend 100 ped a day in TP fees!!!
(still 3K ped cost a month in TP fees to reach the projected numbers!)

So how do you get those projected numbers?... You just make them up and hope nobody who plays a RCEMMO can do simple arithmetic! good luck with that! :wise:

cat_amongst_the_pigeons.jpg

I think this is the biggest ^ since:

• Auction Fee increase
  • Laser Amp Nerf
  • Armor Equip fee

Let's see how this thing pans out. If its a fail (like the last one on the list) then it will be dropped.

This is worse than any of those. They were 'rebalances' but they lacked a crucial problem that the TP toll has, that's about much more than money.

Any obstacle to free travel will create more inconvenience, more frustration, more time needlessly wasted, therefore worse gameplay and therefore a worse game.

Wasted time for active players also means less turnover of PEDs on ammo etc which is the main thing that keeps EU alive.

The whole thing is a disastrous combination of idiocy on numerous levels.

We can only hope that MA realise this and reject it completely.

None of the jobs are CUSTOMER SUPPORT to answer the backlog of support requests that have not even been looked at since created WEEKS AGO.

Reactions: Mac
I can't find words to describe this. ND calls lame idea, lame economic sense and horrible math calculations a "vision"

Vision? Take players money and give them "jobs" using their money! What could possibly go wrong? I will take their 10 milion $ and hire them to protect TPs, but first I'm gonna make them pay for what was always free. Job creation! EUREKA!

BTW

I'm fairly active player, I visit forum often but did not know when elections were. I havent received any email with information about elections, game client also did not provide any info. Although I am fairly active player, did some depo, did withdrawal, play 3-4 times a week, visit forum 2-3 times a week I HAD NO IDEA WHEN AND HOW we are suppose to vote. Info campaign about "elections" was terrible.

And remember! It is not important who votes, it is important who counts the votes.

Now I know, ND was MindArk candidate, they need "useful idot" (no offence ND). MA needed him to implement such terrible idea, and now all criticism, or maybe 90% of it goes to ND account.

Well played MA, but EU players are not bunch of gullible heavy addicted depositors. I use TP, now, maybe 120 times a month. I will not pay you 12$ (it is like monthly fee for other MMOs) only for teleportation while you still take 10-20% of my ammo/probes spending.

Last edited:
From 10 Millions to 100 Billions Teleports is a huge step and just a lie.
But if u want to sell any shit to costumers u have to fudge the outcomes.

MA has realy huge expenses for servers and all the MA Staff that makes more vacations than working and they need constantly incomes. Implementing strongboxes were a nice beginning, but from the beginning lots ppl bought the boxes to loot UL rings and Pills to sell them with huge profits and withdraw ten tousands of Dollars.
Now they implement TP Fee's wich gives them million Dollars of incomes and i doubt they give the fee 100% back to the deed owner.
A few later the money will be emty again and they comes with next crazy ideas that gives them money.

Why should ND have such ideas? It doesnt help him, it doesnt hep the players it helps only MA.
I realy would like to see a answer of Mr. VR President, even more if i see the huge ammount of responses and reactions to his announcement.
This President is just a joke and he finaly should admit that he's just a muppet and playing the black sheep for MA.
Not a single reply from him at the biggest forum for EU, guess he's just waiting for a answer of MA :lolup:
But i didnt expect something else by a faked election

I can't find words to describe this. ND calls lame idea, lame economic sense and horrible math calculations a "vision"

Vision? Take players money and give them "jobs" using their money! What could possibly go wrong? I will take their 10 milion $ and hire them to protect TPs, but first I'm gonna make them pay for what was always free. Job creation! EUREKA!

attachment.php

I gonna spend my money on pRon sites, pay per view ladies paid by EU.

Two Boorums One Cup? :D

Teleports for fee? Brilliant! Using 'President of Virtual Reality' logic, I am going to become self employed. I will pay myself $500K USD per hour, and then I will be rich!

:dunce:

Where do we vote for president!? When did we vote?! lol

Back