Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

OMG!!
And I cannot give you reputation for that though Elayne - must spread it around first.

But, the concept
Walk ---> find a Papplon----> And (removed step)--------> Profit!!

pick dem papplons while you aint paying fee for picking ( ͡◕ ͜ʖ ͡◕)

let me get this straight, I have to pay to reply to this thread?
wow..

So, either that's just one of McCormick's jokes or the 5 of you who actually voted for ND owe us a big apology.

The way I am reading it you will have to use the teleporter tokens for the teleporter to work these tokens will be crafted I am guessing, not sure what material they will require.

The money made from selling the deeds will go to creating virtual jobs such as defending and constructing more teleporters . I think we have enough already unless they destroy the ones we have to create new ones and I am not sure but dont land owners already have to pay for teleporters on their land.

Sounds like its behind and ahead of itself based on how fast MA implements these projects to the game look at the land ownership system from the cld's as a example of this.

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking this too?

Its virtually screaming of violating the "Law of Money-dynamics".

:laugh:

For the uninitiated, it just means that without a "money source" as input into the system, this sort of system cannot possibly function indefinitely.

Or in other words, without someone ending up "paying" for it (putting money into the system), someone else cannot possibly look to earn a living from it (taking money out from the system).

So my question is...one billion virtual jobs...seriously?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Should have voted B.

Here is a referandum I have made on change.org. Please have a look over, pm me comments on how I can edit this to better be concise, and sign away :wise:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n-against-our-citizenry&p=3481740#post3481740

https://www.change.org/p/jan-welter...onesty-and-no-taxation-without-representation

Oh man at least wait until they announce it officially before a revolt.:laugh:

Didn't intend on posting to cause mayhem, just to keep people up to date on our presidents progress. :laugh:

I sense a J.F Kennedy moment approaching.

Wow this is sad, monetizing TPs is a horrible idea...but it looks like its been in the works for some time, heck its even the same FAQ font and layout MA uses.

Only MA could have those numbers, and only MA could have broken down that revenue.

SO JUST FYI, the "presidential website" is already owned by the very company that ran the election, not the VR president...so this is all really MA, not the suit they picked to look like a third party.

Domain Name: PRESIDENTOFVIRTUALREALITY.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: David Simmonds
Registrant Organization: MindArk PE AB

This is treading on some tricky water for any company to represent one thing while doing clearly something very different.

Wow this is sad, monetizing TPs is a horrible idea...but it looks like its been in the works for some time, heck its even the same FAQ font and layout MA uses.

Only MA could have those numbers, and only MA could have broken down that revenue.

SO JUST FYI, the "presidential website" is already owned by the very company that ran the election, not the VR president...so this is all really MA, not the suit they picked to look like a third party.

Domain Name: PRESIDENTOFVIRTUALREALITY.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: David Simmonds
Registrant Organization: MindArk PE AB

This is treading on some tricky water for any company to represent one thing while doing clearly something very different.

Neverdie has had dealings with MA for a VERY long time, this shouldn't surprise you. However it does look like those numbers are 100% out of neverdies behind.

When Hell has first opened the idea was that you would use Telemann coins to pay to enter, this idea was scrapped early on. We already use bananas to travel to Secret Island. Players have often requested for TP returns to travel to planets instead of space. This could be in the pipeline for a while when Vehicles had movement decay added.

Would this drive the up the price of mind essence as people will use chips more and oil? will this help with shit mu of certain resources and give crafters something to craft instead of explosives.

No, i don't like the idea of paying to enter hell or leave it. I certainly don't want waste time traveling everywhere or it costing me.

This is just another extension of the item mall.

This is the way FTP games work, they limit your abilities and then charge you for getting them back, "for convenience".

Keep in mind though, this is the same person who said there would be a $5,000,000 "treasure hunt" when the "Space Pirates" arrived.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20080107005236/en/Space-Pirates-Invade-CES-2008

" Jon Jacobs aka NEVERDIE, entrepreneur and famous virtual world avatar within the Entropia Universe, will announce the first ever $5 million virtual world treasure hunt, Space Pirates, at CES 2008 from the MindArk Entertainment booth at the Las Vegas Convention Center in South Hall 2 #25321. "

I disagree with KijkkiJikki when he says Neverdie is delusional, there comes a point when you have to realize that he's just straight-out lying.

The biggest lie in the whole thing is that he claims it will be cross platform. No other games besides EU were part of this fraudulent 'President of VR' thing, so what platform is he talking about teleporting to?

I still find it hard to believe that any grown adults are talking the "President of VR" seriously.

It's one way of creating jobs right? We have the alternative way of going around which is by vehicle/foot. Getting rid of TPs and implementing something that will generate jobs is not a bad idea. If players want to make peds other than by sweating and picking up fruit maybe this is a start? I kinda like the idea. Plus, you might not like the idea of paying a small fee but maybe you have the opportunity to generate more peds and the fee will not be an inconvenience after all. Maybe prices will finally go up for mined resources/crafted vehicles, etc?

Yay, it's just like the USA, where the President is controlled by the corporations. :bs:

is there no escape from the BS

come on! wtf is this? - i didnt vote - i didnt want to vote - im not going to vote - why the hell did i start playing this game? because this place sucks - youre now bringing the crap in real life we are running away from INTO THE GAME . well i vote NO. jesus h crappola

The income opportunities TP fees will generate will be absolutely dwarfed by the amount of people who will either stop play completely, or never use a TP again.

And it's funny that they didn't even get the maths right on the folders :D

Last edited:
I think the idea is a good one...

Taxation is an important part of any sustainable economy, we might not like it, but it is. The alternative would have been a tax on loot profits or globals, at least a TP fee is avoidable if people don't like it, can always fly your ship.

I think this will be very good for the economy, being able to have a job inside EU will help establish new players by providing them with a regular ped income too hunt/mine. I don't think it will detract from deposits as once people reach a certain level cash injections are needed for upgrades etc.

Taxation is an important part of any sustainable economy, we might not like it, but it is. The alternative would have been a tax on loot profits or globals, at least a TP fee is avoidable if people don't like it, can always fly your ship.

I think this will be very good for the economy, being able to have a job inside EU will help establish new players by providing them with a regular ped income too hunt/mine. I don't think it will detract from deposits as once people reach a certain level cash injections are needed for upgrades etc.

Well we could just have the TPs removed again.

Taxation is actually a needed thing in real life economies in order to maintain and improve infrastructure, hospitals, police, fire services, army, aid for disabled and unemployed, etc etc.... None of which apply to a virtual world.

As for jobs for new players we already have them.. sweating, fruit walking, trading... etc, or ofc they can deposit.

Resignation FAST!
Leave the people decide that not some payed by mindark president :D

Also if ND dont like this forum why the hell he post his events or send his fan-boys to adv stupid blonde planet ?????????????????????????????

The only jobs that will need after ND's mandate will be MINDARK staff cuz they will go broke asses :laugh:

I just realised that there will be deeds for this teleport shenanigans :laugh:

Taxation already exists in this game, as MA's rake.

All that this will encourage is personal TP chip and vehicle usage, which in turn will slow down people in their travels to the mobs they want, which in turn will slow down generated revenue per hour.

It's a clever way to kill your game, well done MA.

In other news, anyone know where I can find a baseball bat in LA? I've just booked some cheap flights...

Taxation is actually a needed thing in real life economies in order to maintain and improve infrastructure, hospitals, police, fire services, army, aid for disabled and unemployed, etc etc.... None of which apply to a virtual world.

As for jobs for new players we already have them.. sweating, fruit walking, trading... etc, or ofc they can deposit.

So you think economy isnt needed in this game?
Thanks to bad economy we have low MU, noobs dont earn PED, and people quit.
People dont need to be firemans in game to get some PED, they just want to play for fun.

Your described jobs are not jobs, but waste of time. Desktop PC uses more electricity than the sweat outcome.
Walking for Fruit, rather go walk for empty bottles in trashcans, you will earn 1000x times more...

Well, if the teleporters also teleport interplanetary.. then I am all for.

Back