Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

Just copied from EF, if someone do not read it:

Biggest promised (in State of the Universe Address) and abandoned projects:

- Space transport missions (not released) - all cash pool just go into MA pockets, ahh, ok let it be so, there is also exploit which I reported by myself to MA, still not fixed, I checked 1-2 month ago, with possibility to not pay transport fee, hehe

- Taming & Stables (released partially) - stables did not recieved all offered functions

- CLD Estate (Estates are abandoned, but cash for plots taken by MA) and Political Systems (not released, MA was used Facebook (what is it?) for President elections with 30-50 fake voters)

- Affiliate System (my SC still open after one answer recieved 29 feb 2016) - It would bring a lot of new players with money, but they probably do not need. I personally can attract them, but not for free!

- Premium Accounts (Just forgotten) - This would give extra money for MA, but maybe too hard to manage or just do not need.

And now, when offered so significant change, it will look something like this:
- Deeds will be released in the amount of $ 10 million and of course sold to greedy investors
- Introduced the payment for teleportation, since it is very simple (as with all these bananas), just for all TP's
Then we will pay for TP, Deed owners will receive 1 PEC (at best every week, in bad times once a month), with a hidden mechanism of allocation of funds under the full control of the MA. Another, transparent system is implemented only for AUD's.
After that...we will see nothing else, no jobs (except new BP's for manufacturers), no TP to other games (haha!), nothing, because this is just new tax introducion without any further (atleast in 1-3 years) development.

Why do we have to believe that it bring health to game economy? This is not true. I agree that it bring health to MA company, but let's not get into our pockets as deep as at this time, okay? IPO - let it be, ok. Paid TP let it be, ok. But cheaper please! And all will be fine! Be honest, and people will trust you too!

34 pages of disscussion "what will hapen, how it should work, what will Neverdie say" but nobody cares what MindArk have to say:

Hello,

I assume you might had many questions like this recently but I would be grateful if you could take a moment to give me response to one question:

When approximately TP fees will be introduced? If you do not know the exact time, could you just evaluate whether it would be more or less than 6 months?

It is extremely important to me and my future deposits (and potentially cancelation of my current withdrawal request).

Thank you for your time,
Geralt

response:

Hi Geralt,

Thank you for your support case.

Nothing has been decided as of yet in regards to the TP fees, it is however so that we can sadly not discuss future content or coming releases so we can sadly not give out such information.

But if you look at past years we do release an update before the summer, this would not be planned for that release so there will be no such update at least until the summer has passed and as I stated earlier, it has not yet been decided if such a system should be implemented.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We know them, if they say 'we don't know yet', 'it will be disscussed', 'nothing has been decided but maybe will be' it is 100% that nothing will happen. EU will stay the same game as always been: do depo, lose money and do depo again. grind 10k mobs, be dissapointed but do depo again and lose money again.

Meh, I will better go buy some games on steam. Remember! We know from official MA support response that cost to unamped mining is 10ped/h. Maybe you could spend 30$ on 2 month EVE subscription rather than 30 hours of mining lol

so many possibilities to spend 30 bucks :cool::laugh:

by the way, if they say they haven't decided yet, it simply means that they probably still read the forum, because they seem to know what was community response to TP fee idea.

Greetings MA if you read this post :dance:

Last edited:
Not my President

Didn't vote for him, didn't even know there was an election. For an election I'd expect MA to send me an email announcing the details. :mad:

Didn't vote for him, didn't even know there was an election. For an election I'd expect MA to send me an email announcing the details. :mad:

The same here! No info, no e-mails, no nothing!

If you will not login for 2 weeks they will send you spam (aka reminder) to login and loose some money even if you did not agree to recive such emails! But they forget to send reminders that there are elections lol

Idiocracy, not democracy! Voting should be transparent! They did FB voting, everyone could vote! And remember!

It is important who count the votes, not important who votes

The way I see it, this is just a clever scheme to milk more money from existing players. It's bad enough we have fees for crap that simply go right into Mindarks pocket (planet entry, ss tp to planet, auction fees, auction delivery fees, clothes equip fees). Now some crazy idea to pay tokens to use a tp? Granted yes it will create jobs by people needing to craft the tokens, but at what gain? The players that actually use the tokens will be paying MA that token. What the hell for? Like auction delivery fee that too was a good idea problem is those funds were slotted for space cargo missions. Where the fuck are they?

The same here! No info, no e-mails, no nothing!

If you will not login for 2 weeks they will send you spam (aka reminder) to login and loose some money even if you did not agree to recive such emails! But they forget to send reminders that there are elections lol

Idiocracy, not democracy! Voting should be transparent! They did FB voting, everyone could vote! And remember!

It is important who count the votes, not important who votes

I agree with you

10k facebook votes cost like 700 usd , anyone could have become the president if he just had a few spare dollars to vote. Its hillarious to use fb

what needs to be considered is that the entire economy might get a boost with this IPO if its handled correctly. It is designed to attract significantly more users through the Jobs and Conscription which when combined with initiatives from MA to stimulate more crafting and demand for resources can have a dramatic impact on your overall numbers..

The Transport system and associated token costs will be balanced very carefully as will the other transport costs..

Yes if You take this on its own and out of context of it successfully bringing lots more users and tens or hundreds of millions of dollars of investment, then I see how bad it can look.

But Please look at the overall plan, its not just one thing.... Most importantly this is a high concept idea to underwrite the creation of jobs in VR.. I want to raise billions, I want to show the world we can have a massive VR RCE Market place.. (Ofc the platform will need to grow to accommodate millions of players, I also think a significant part of that user base would be utilizing APPs and other platforms to connect to the RCE.

The Reason that the balancing and dev of EU s not moving as fast as we would all like is because the platform needs to be growing at the same time to fund it.

I certainly am discussing with MA the general economy and am being assured steps are being taken to increase manufacturing and the demand for resources..

If the steps are not taken or not successful, I am able to challenge them on their choices. I can present ideas from the community. But I'm not the CEO of MA or chief balancing officer. As Prez of VR I am an outsider geared to creating initiatives to bridge worlds and to bring EU to the forefront of VR where it really should be given that it is an extraordinary RCE Universe. Yes the economy is out of whack and there are so many reasons why. Also there are internal politics at MA that have to be navigated to push for Dev...

I will do as much as I can, but we can see the Entropia Player base doesn't really want that from me. They would rather have someone they have confidence in to address MA regarding balancing and the economy... That's fine I didn't run for president of Entropia Universe. I wouldn't have... What's the point, I can already communicate with MA regarding these issues. I can pitch them ideas... I want to work to show the world the value of RCE worlds. I want to champion the best of EU.

I think now is a really good time for the community to find some player representatives, who they have faith in and charge them with the task of putting to together a priority list to present to MA. In my capacity i will support these reps in presenting these plans to MA.

I want the economy to be stronger for the Players. That's what I want. I know why things that seem to be obvious to the players are not being implemented.. I want to help facilitate the Dev we need to improve the overall balancing.
to do that I have to generate renewed interest in the platfom. Banner ads alone are not enough to fuel significant growth. We need initiatives. People talk about advertising, but there are many companies with deeper pockets than MA who are driving the cost of new user acquisition up.. if only it were as easy as putting an Ad on TV or in a magazine.. The numbers aren't there...

We have to re-invent and think outside the box...

But enough I don't want to sell you or anyone else on the initiative right now... I have put it out there, digest it, think about what I'm trying to do and I'll think about what everyone's saying...

MA is congress at the end of the day, my initiatives have to get past them.. I was warned that some of the existing Population would be up in arms... But I believe that there is a great opportunity here and I will continue to champion it...

to think I don't care about the players is unrealistic, if the players are not happy, I'm out of business. My planet will die.

Straight from entropiaforum (which I STILL can't register for due to database error) but here is the link https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?236394-Virtual-Reality-Public-Transport-IPO-Discussion

So clearly, NEVERDIE isn't the completely ignorant blowhard that some people are trying to paint him as. He knows that without a major boost to markups and a stronger more stable economy, TP fees will be a disaster.

We know them, if they say 'we don't know yet', 'it will be disscussed', 'nothing has been decided but maybe will be' it is 100% that nothing will happen.

I'd have said normal response from MA would have been no response at all. If it were actually going to happen we'd log out one day with TP'ing free and the next day it would have a fee.

I can sum up this plan - 'Fingers crossed when we sell off the TP's it will bring in new depositing players and they'll fix the economy for us'

MA has messed with the economy so many times and often to our detriment with new game play gimics it will take more than a few new players to fix it. It's more likely that an increased playerbase will only make the economy and MU's worse as EU currently stands.

Last edited:
I can't believe how many "old faces" are still kicking around in this thread.

Menace

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

you dont know anything about this game

Straight from entropiaforum (which I STILL can't register for due to database error) but here is the link https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?236394-Virtual-Reality-Public-Transport-IPO-Discussion

So clearly, NEVERDIE isn't the completely ignorant blowhard that some people are trying to paint him as. He knows that without a major boost to markups and a stronger more stable economy, TP fees will be a disaster.

Yes it's called a politician. He is trying to make it sound as if he's right yet at the same time saying that he will move ahead with the TP Fee because this is the only way to save the game -- which if I were him I would not be that open on how bad the game is doing.

When this all started, I told him that outside of the forums I would support him as President since I thought it would make a great twist to our game and would bring more players in. As he would be here to listen to us and forwarding our wishes to MA -- yes even before he was elected I had a good feeling that he would win because this was just all fun and games and he just wanted to have a new title.

I even gave him a heard time when the polls opened asking him to please take them down..he was only making EU look bad. We had a big talk about that one. :) I was even jokingly telling him that I voted B.

I withdrew my support when I learned that he was just a MA spokesperson trying to sale us on yet another MA idea that at the end will cost us money.

There are a few new players who do support this 'free' money yet do not understand that this 'free' money will take MA 5+ years to implemented into the game - if at all. What MA will do first is most likely release the Deeds AND with a simple VU update tax all the TPs saying we will bring you the jobs soon. That I can not support.

Last edited:
Yes it's called a politician. He is trying to make it sound as if he's right yet at the same time saying that he will move ahead with the TP Fee because this is the only way to save the game -- which if I were him I would not be that open on how bad the game is doing.

When this all started, I told him that outside of the forums I would support him as President since I thought it would make a great twist to our game and would bring more players in. As he would be here to listen to us and forwarding our wishes to MA -- yes even before he was elected I had a good feeling that he would win because this was just all fun and games and he just wanted to have a new title.

I withdrew my support when I learned that he was just a MA spokesperson trying to sale us on yet another MA idea that at the end will cost us money.

There are a few new players who do support this 'free' money yet do not understand that this 'free' money will take MA 5+ years to implemented into the game - if at all. What MA will do first is most likely release the Deeds AND with a simple VU update tax all the TPs saying we will bring you the jobs soon. That I can not support.

Well yeah it's all going to come down to implementation like he said. I'm sure your scenario is not the one he's hoping for...

He also mentioned that we should be electing reps to bring a list of concerns to him to take to MA... interested to see if that will pan out or not.

Well yeah it's all going to come down to implementation like he said. I'm sure your scenario is not the one he's hoping for...

He also mentioned that we should be electing reps to bring a list of concerns to him to take to MA... interested to see if that will pan out or not.

Yes I am all open for his title if it was just fun and not linked to MA. But also you have to remember with the downsize of RT and such, I'm guessing they did work out a deal for his title.

To be frank i don't really care about IPO's, Presidents, elections, Compets, and whatever new plan they have for spin or ingame cost initiatives. All i would like is the game i played back, where crafters made stuff except explosives, hunting loot wasn't just tt shit and crapnel, and mining for stuff had a glimmer of hope of break even through mark up.

Just a functioning economy, and looted stuff again from hunting/mining/crafting and not from upgrading, or opening boxes (depositing). HOF tables that are not just event mobs, King Dong, Explosives, and "rare" rings that drop 10-15 a day for a year or more (how the fck is that rare lol).

Is it really to much to ask?

This is somehting atomic mentioned before if PP could get a council of players that they feel would be good to represent the needs of their planet. i know caly and ark already have advisers.

To be frank i don't really care about IPO's, Presidents, elections, Compets, and whatever new plan they have for spin or ingame cost initiatives. All i would like is the game i played back, where crafters made stuff except explosives, hunting loot wasn't just tt shit and crapnel, and mining for stuff had a glimmer of hope of break even through mark up.

Just a functioning economy, and looted stuff again from hunting/mining/crafting and not from upgrading, or opening boxes (depositing). HOF tables that are not just event mobs, King Dong, Explosives, and "rare" rings that drop 10-15 a day for a year or more (how the fck is that rare lol).

Is it really to much to ask?
Well that's pretty much what I want out of this game :yup:

I still do not trust that ND plan can work.
Tp fee is suppose to raise 1M$ to pay players to construct and defend TP... ok but what if the revenue finally is only 800,000$?? Will the hired players payed less (which is very unfair)? will some of them be fired? will other players have to support the missing revenu (with less loot or additional fee)? Who will compensate the missing value?

I agree with ND that virtual platform can be the future of economy and can provide jobs and generate lot of money (it already does in fact). But i'm not agree with who should create the jobs.
In my opinion, in order to work, virtual jobs should be created by users for users and not by the game editor. Developers needs to provide ways for player to create their own jobs: fapping jobs, trading, collecting resources, shopping, gathering informations, cleaning an area, defending, tamers... renting... and more to be imagined.
I personally don't want the game to bring me new jobs, but I want to be able to create my own one.

I still think that there are more interesting ways to either boost the economy and raise player database.
Nothing new as it has already been discussed but I really think that two major improvment can really help the game:

A. create a system to RENT items and instead of taking TP fee, take a fee on renting price.
This should come with special rules but can be a good way to create revenu with a new fee.

B. Create an affiliate program. Players, when they have motivation, are the best way to attract more players.

That just my opinion of course! :)

next: air pollution taxes for oil vehicles?

I personally think vehicles eliminated all adventure in the game. If charging a fee to teleport encourages more players to run places and explore more, I am all for it.

next: air pollution taxes for oil vehicles?

In order to fulfill MA goal to increase cost to play i suggest to suspend system boting for auction, shops, crafting and LA and we will have new jobs lol.
- Auction - no more reselling offline and with avatar doing something else or afk, ( he can run around auctioneer and answering some dumb system message every few minutes or create job and authorize employee to do so) lol.
- Shops - no more selling afk or off line without presence of shop owner ( he can offer job instead for that) lol.
- Crafting - no more afk crafting. ( crafter can put resources for 10k clicks and offer a job to click and answer on automatic system message every few minutes) lol.
- And for last one as mostly fun, innovative and creative LA's tax collection job - witch consist in running behind hunter or miner in order to attempt to collect taxes. So no more taxes afk or off line or without owner or employee presence.
It can be tested on RT planet as whole. As owner cant run behind all players he will create a lot of jobs and if thing is profitable then we vote for rest of EU.
*i forgot to insert "lol" on last one lol.

Last edited:
I personally think vehicles eliminated all adventure in the game. If charging a fee to teleport encourages more players to run places and explore more, I am all for it.

It used to take weeks and sometimes months to be able to get all the tp's on foot by which time you were well acquainted with the mobs of Calypso and how to avoid them if needed. I'd often spend an evening or afternoon exploring the map not caring if I was hunting or not just to see what was there that the map didn't show. How a TP fee will stop people using vehicles though :scratch2:

A noob joins, goes on a TP run with no vehicle - gets stuck at a TP as they don't have a token or the ped (whatever the fee is) as it's surrounded by mobs that no one hunts so they can't jog out as they can't run at full speed yet - gets annoyed quits and then tells eveyone they know to avoid EU.

But now you just hop in a flying vehicle and get the lot done in one afternoon with no risk. You go to where the mobs are on the daily missions or the iron grinders and I doubt many see much else of any of the planets.

Last edited:

Something like this ...

Heyyy bro

Hi man hows going

good and you ??

all good man lets hunt some atroxis :)

ok man i am all in !!

meet you in jurra after 5 days

sure man !

:D:D:D

It used to take weeks and sometimes months to be able to get all the tp's on foot by which time you were well acquainted with the mobs of Calypso and how to avoid them if needed. I'd often spend an evening or afternoon exploring the map not caring if I was hunting or not just to see what was there that the map didn't show. How a TP fee will stop people using vehicles though :scratch2:

But now you just hop in a flying vehicle and get the lot done in one afternoon with no risk. You go to where the mobs are on the daily missions or the iron grinders and I doubt many see much else of any of the planets.

Anything that makes travel more expensive, will always increase the use of free travel options.

He also mentioned that we should be electing reps to bring a list of concerns to him to take to MA...

But ignores those who are in any way critical of him.

th_1sm018rofl.gif

Thanks for the laugh Norbert. ;)

I can't believe how many "old faces" are still kicking around in this thread.

That seems to be the only positive achievement of President Neverdie so far - getting scores of old faces to come out of hiding just to say "hey, this sucks!".

YES to paid teleporting to other planets for a reasonable fee. (and mind tp chip)
NO to paid teleporting in planet.

The biggest problem for newbies is getting bored sweating or picking up fruit & such.
MA makes it hard, thinking it will force deposits, but mostly people just give up & quit.

The missions help with this a little, but is it enough?

So instead, what if you could gain a few pec or loot (armor or weapons) when sweating?
The same for fruit, every now & then what you pick up has a few pec's with it.

This would add some interest & satisfaction to encourage newbies to play more because they feel rewarded.
With less people quitting, the cash flow pool would be larger in the long run because some would deposit.

The teleport tokens can still be make & jobs created...

TP's fee = job ? pff..
Thank god that someone is not more creative as this.
I can't imagine success if he come on idea to finally "fix" buildings collision bug and make so that they can be damaged.
With all robot attacks combined with upcoming housing we could have half EU with new jobs like harvesting, crafting and house repairing rebuilding and other objects like LA's terminals repairing etc.
Other half could be seriously busy shooting robots and defending own estate, shop etc.
All goals achieved - higher cost to play and more jobs.
Who care if this is ok for players, it seems that is more important "cool" idea then future of game.

Back