Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

So Entropians can tax themselves rich.
Who'd a thunk it...

It's not a bad idea since we can handout taxi rides on planets, but I think there should be more easy ways to earn free peds to compensate without crashing of influencing the market much. Maybe more fruit/dung drops and faster sweating returns, but at the same time increase demand on these for crafting, and give more reasons for crafters to craft. There are soo much things that need to be changed first before they implent this transport fee thing.

It's not a bad idea since we can handout taxi rides on planets, but I think there should be more easy ways to earn free peds to compensate without crashing of influencing the market much. Maybe more fruit/dung drops and faster sweating returns, but at the same time increase demand on these for crafting, and give more reasons for crafters to craft. There are soo much things that need to be changed first before they implent this transport fee thing.

The problem is here is supply/demand

lets say its 500 sweat/hour now (im not sure) and it is increased to 1k sweat/hour then the price will drop and within 6 months sweat is likely to be worth 1ped/k, same for fruit

i've always thought more sweat should be used in crafting, and that crafting should be over-hauled allowing EP4 to continue but changed so other bp's are more attactive, but i have no idea how i'd do this.... prehaps stop skill gains, Residue, Gems & BP drops on EP4. But thats for a different thread

downside to adding sweat to crafting tho, is cost. for hof chasers 1k of sweat has added a 2ped mu on a .01 pec material and it's not going to recover that in the craft

finishing up, there is no real thing of free ped regarding fruit/sweat, it's redistribution of wealth from the tamers and crafters (yeah it has a value, but no-one is gonna collect 1k sweat or fruit to TT)

Last edited:
prehaps stop skill gains, Residue, Gems & BP drops on EP4.
perhaps stop item drops, and drops of anything except stackables in mining & hunting above the same skill level crafters need to click ep4 too? Interesting idea.

perhaps stop item drops, and drops of anything except stackables in mining & hunting above the same skill level crafters need to click ep4 too? Interesting idea.

i get what your aiming at, but currently EP is used for a the sole intention of HoFs and ATHs, this way allows them to continue aiming for them but rewards the players greater for using other BPs, it would also recover the MU on Residue and Gems which would further benefit the non EP Crafters (except the ones that have to buy the residue)

lol it almost like th pop up that you can make 2000 dollars a day selling stock whit there program they show they made million only 50 left to buy lol it the same add that i saw i year ago i must be lucky im the only one seeying that add

Use Rocktropia as the test-bed and watch it wither and die.

Agreed. Let him "pilot" it on his own planet.... for say about 1 year - and not bother the rest of us.

If his planet survives - then we can VOTE using our patented "Mindark CLD Voting System" (only when it gets implemented) to.... ELECT a new president. ;)

I wonder how many shop and LA owners would like a system were they could pay someone 10 -25 ped an hour to manage the land or run their shop...

Or a system for healers that automatically bills a hunter for an agreed hourly fee of fapping.

I would really like to see a system were we can trade written contracts for various activities and that places peds in a sort of stasis between the contractor and contractee. For example I could quickly create a contract that says this person will fap me for a period of 2 hours at 10 ped an hour and both parties could agree the contract in a trade like manor (with the exchange of the contract paper) and at the same time 20 ped could be deducted from my ped card which goes into holding. A small legal fee could also be deduced for every contract made which goes into a legal fee pool.

After the two hours I get the option to agree that the contract has been fulfilled (essentially signing the contract off) at which point the peds are transferred. If I feel the contract has not been fulfilled I can refuse payment or suggest a reduced fee. A "legal system" with a judge and jury etc could be established which are paid from the legal fee pool to investigate any contested contracts (with the aid of MA). It wouldn't be hard to prove that someone fapped me for an hour or so looking at chat logs and the locations of the two avatars. If the judge deems that I incorrectly failed to pay then I could be fined and the fapper rewarded. Some sort of reputation system could also be developed like a credit score which suggests how likely it is that someone will keep good on their contract (this would work for both parties - i.e. how likely is this person to actually fap me for 2 hours and vice versa how likely am I to pay that fapper if indeed he/she faps me).

This would be a much more dynamic job system imo.

If people do jobs they should be conducting useful work to the people who are paying them...

How about being able to contract someone to pull your resources from the ground, be nice to hit a 3k oil and not have to sit for 3 hrs to pull it out... I would be glad to pay a reasonable amount for this kind of service.

You know, maybe it is time I should downsized my 30,000ped TT inventory. :(

Nah, don't be too hasty. Wait for the annual report, then decide.

The article might have been written by some ill-advised gamer whom might not even had played the game for all we know.

From reading it, all I could tell was that there wasn't much "information" being conveyed through the article.

All it held was some "powdered up" words, some "specific events" that doesn't necessarily justify anything at all and a rushed through conclusion about a damn vague concept.

:silly2:

Read and weep:

The VR Public Transport IPO is conceived as the Vehicle to interconnect Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Worlds, MMO's, Games, Apps and experiences, while also generating revenue to underwrite a large variety of gamified VR Jobs.

The funding of the VR Public Transport IPO will be positioned as a widely accessible global Virtual Reality investment opportunity, that will provide as many people as possible with the opportunity to invest in core infrastructure that will support the expansion of VR across multiple platfroms. In addition to providing an investment opportunity, it will also serve to provide non MMO Gamers or VR users with a means to participate in a Real Cash Economy Virtual Universe, without needing to create an avatar, thereby bringing Real cash simulated economics and gameplay to the widest possible audience.

The goal of The VR Public Transport IPO is to secure significant investment from outside Entropia Universe to fund the process of interconnecting Virtual Reality via Teleportation so that either avatars, items, skills or virtual currency can become interoperable, which will in turn fuel exponential growth of monetized avatar skill development and truly solidify virtual and augmented worlds as a new frontier for users, creating immense investment and job opportunities for the future.

The initial announcement of the Virtual Reality Public Transport IPO was geared toward the general public and not specifically to the existing users of the Teleportation system in Entropia Universe. As a result, the monetization of the system is being viewed by many as a tax added to the current cost of gameplay in entropia Universe as opposed to a means to stimulate the exsiting economy and provide unlimited funding potential for the growth of the platform, while also providing an exciting new investment, gameplay and job opportunities for current users.

This thread is for the discussion of the VR Public Transport IPO.

Sad days ahead. We need to hear from MA NOW!

http://moneyinc.com/virtual-reality-game-entropia-universe-plans-create-3-million-jobs/ said:
right now, the public transportation network within the game is offered at no cost to the user base, but the day is coming when it too, will be part of the micro-payment ecosystem. Once that’s in place, if you want to leave the world you’re on, and move to another, you’ll be required to pay a nominal fee.

This sounds like the end of space? doesn't mention employment in space travel just a nominal fee, which i assume is a TP fee

This sounds like the end of space? doesn't mention employment in space travel just a nominal fee, which i assume is a TP fee

It would be nice to have two options: 1) pay a fee and TP directly between planets instantaneously, or 2) pay no "fee" except fuel and 20+ minutes of your time + the risk of being pvp'ed to travel by ship. At least option 2 is there for people who can't afford or don't want to pay for option 1. Also space has some cool mobs etc so people might still want to go into space.

IMO it makes no sense that we can't tp between planets...

It would be nice to have two options: 1) pay a fee and TP directly between planets instantaneously, or 2) pay no "fee" except fuel and 20+ minutes of your time + the risk of being pvp'ed to travel by ship. At least option 2 is there for people who can't afford or don't want to pay for option 1. Also space has some cool mobs etc so people might still want to go into space.

IMO it makes no sense that we can't tp between planets...

yea i agree with option 2 must exist and if option 1 exists there wont be full time pirates anymore

i dont mind TP between planets, but stackables should only be transportable via space, or transport contract. Otherwise space might as well be turned off

Q. Will I be able to carry items on an interplanetary Teleporter?

A. Items transported instantly at this time will require an additional Fee which will be applied to Shipping for Space delivery missions

From http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/

As MA mentioned this a long time ago, it make me think MA had this idea of Tax on TP along time ago as well.

It speaks about interplanetary TP' system that is in use and has been used for free up until now.
Wonder if everything else he's babbling about is as reliable as this?

yea i agree with option 2 must exist and if option 1 exists there wont be full time pirates anymore

i dont mind TP between planets, but stackables should only be transportable via space, or transport contract. Otherwise space might as well be turned off

Full time pirates? Where? It has been months ago since I've seen a few. And yes.. turn off space! that's a great idea!

Full time pirates? Where? It has been months ago since I've seen a few. And yes.. turn off space! that's a great idea!

There are more pirates than you think.. see them pretty much every day. :censored:

ive seen a few, just the usual ones but its difinitly seem quieter up there.

i'd hate space to disabled, but it need work from ground up tho, either MA pull their finger out or sell it to a new PP. It needs missions, mining, events, more mobs, less PVP, More Ships & Guns, Better Controls .... this list goes on....

I really hope ND and MA can make the difference between the silent majority and the vocal minority.

Yes, there were definitely a few people that cried and whined about this propose changed, some of them really loud, posting in several threads, but is pretty much the same names... I counted now all names appeared in the threads I could find and the grand total was... 78 people... and if only 78 people had a problem with the change, I guess that's kinda a green light for the change... especially considering that a big part of these 78 people that are now arming against ND and threaten to quit are pretty much the same people that also opposed to any previous changes.

I really hope ND and MA can make the difference between the silent majority and the vocal minority.

Yes, there were definitely a few people that cried and whined about this propose changed, some of them really loud, posting in several threads, but is pretty much the same names... I counted now all names appeared in the threads I could find and the grand total was... 78 people... and if only 78 people had a problem with the change, I guess that's kinda a green light for the change... especially considering that a big part of these 78 people that are now arming against ND and threaten to quit are pretty much the same people that also opposed to any previous changes.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Everyone I've spoken to in game also thinks it's a terrible idea. It's perfectly obvious that it's extremely unpopular.

How many people have you counted posting in favour of it? 3? 4? Even using your own (illogical) argument works against you.

We still don't know what these supposed jobs are, that the tp charge will be paying.

We don't know the break down of where this charge is going and how.

Just some simple answers would be good.

This was meant to be a democracy, where the WHOLE point of the position was to put foward ideas to MA that the players wants. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS.

Personally, I don't care that much, but when someone creates a ped revenue drain on me, with no F****ing* answers of the basics. I get annoyed.

We still don't know where the damn money is going...

People are giving opinions on something where they have no details. The whole thing is ridiculous. About ridiculous as a supposedly democratic position where the winner setup a website before hte position was even released. Where they are meant to be VR representative....I HAVE SEEN NOTHING TO DO WITH VR YET.

The whole thing reeks of a scam by MA to get TP fees in and having an escape goat...ND.

Unfortuantely you cannot prove me wrong....cause we still have no info on the position and its responsibilities and what will happen with these tps fees.

Christ almighty, how can anyone agree or disagree with the complete unknown?

THE WHOLE THING IS A FALLCY WITH NO BLOODY INFO YET, ON ANYTHING.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: how can people say this is a good or bad idea, when they don't know what the idea is yet lol

EDIT2: I didnt mean to direct my rant at you DoA, it was at the whole pointless situation

Last edited:

As opposed to the vast swathes of people in support? Yes, run round the sweat camp and I'm sure everyone's well up for free money; but this is talking about boosting the economy - please explain to me how it's an economic boost taking away X peds from high-turnover players and giving X*0.5 peds to zero-turnover players, in return for a non-productive "job"?

The big gaping flaw in MA's (I'm not even bothering to mention ND anymore, he's a shill) plan is that nothing is being created in-game. It's an entertainment product.

As opposed to the vast swathes of people in support? Yes, run round the sweat camp and I'm sure everyone's well up for free money; but this is talking about boosting the economy - please explain to me how it's an economic boost taking away X peds from high-turnover players and giving X*0.5 peds to zero-turnover players, in return for a non-productive "job"?

The big gaping flaw in MA's (I'm not even bothering to mention ND anymore, he's a shill) plan is that nothing is being created in-game. It's an entertainment product.

I was going to say, MA are doing this for advertising money.....then i started laughing to myself :)

Rgds

Ace

We still don't know what these supposed jobs are, that the tp charge will be paying.

We don't know the break down of where this charge is going and how.

Just some simple answers would be good.

This was meant to be a democracy, where the WHOLE point of the position was to put foward ideas to MA that the players wants. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS.

Personally, I don't care that much, but when someone creates a ped revenue drain on me, with no F****ing* answers of the basics. I get annoyed.

We still don't know where the damn money is going...

People are giving opinions on something where they have no details. The whole thing is ridiculous. About ridiculous as a supposedly democratic position where the winner setup a website before hte position was even released. Where they are meant to be VR representative....I HAVE SEEN NOTHING TO DO WITH VR YET.

The whole thing reeks of a scam by MA to get TP fees in and having an escape goat...ND.

Unfortuantely you cannot prove me wrong....cause we still have no info on the position and its responsibilities and what will happen with these tps fees.

Christ almighty, how can anyone agree or disagree with the complete unknown?

THE WHOLE THING IS A FALLCY WITH NO BLOODY INFO YET, ON ANYTHING.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: how can people say this is a good or bad idea, when they don't know what the idea is yet lol

EDIT2: I didnt mean to direct my rant at you DoA, it was at the whole pointless situation

The one thing I know for certain, I'm not paying any TP fee.

The one thing I know for certain, I'm not paying any TP fee.

Actually... isn't this a better plan?:

Remove all TPs, double the speed of vehicles and double the range on all teleport chips.

This way, new players have a boosted source of income (massive increase in ME(sweat) and oil usage), and MA get their cut from the decay on chips, implants and vehicles?

Still has the great (dis)advantage for them of massively lowering the peds cycled per hour while everyone is travelling around.

Although, they wouldn't want this as we won't be able to travel between games, from EU to WOW disregarding the fact they're on completely different game engines, game code etc. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lolup:

I do not use forum a lot..( but this masterpiece caught my eye .)

I am a good depositor and a bad gambler ...but I do not like this new idea of TP fee to feed the masses nor do a few of my friends ..but I will be voting ...but with the use of my credit card . I AM YOUR SILENT MINORITY.
thanks GRIPPER

Back