A productive discussion on presidency and paid teleporter system

Erm, not very sure...but I think the $10 referred to in the FAQ is in USD...so they're probably selling each "share" at 10 USD or 100 PEDs.

So your looking at 10 Million USD being raised...potentially...if players get sold on the entire idea, hook, line and sinker.

Ah yes, my bad, its 10$ / deed not 10 PED

But that change not the effects I want to point to :)

2. What happens in an economy when the "cost of transactions" increases?

This is an interesting point. Perhaps minimum wage will have to increase with inflation, perhaps it can be adjusted at the start of each parliamentary term? I'm not sure anyone has even kept track of EU inflation though, perhaps we don't have it because the economy is constantly balanced...

Regardless this is problem that we can look into in a few years time. The minimum wage will probably be good for at least 3-5 years imo.

Perhaps economist can be one of the future jobs :)

Last edited:
This is an interesting point. Perhaps minimum wage will have to increase with inflation, perhaps it can be adjusted at the start of each parliamentary term? I'm not sure anyone has even kept track of EU inflation though, perhaps we don't have it because the economy is constantly balanced...

Regardless this is problem that we can look into in a few years time. The minimum wage will probably be good for at least 3-5 years imo.

Perhaps economist can be one of the future jobs :)
Before we can even consider any discussions about minimum wage we should ask is it even possible? Even if we leave aside the uneasy questions where all this money comes from, how can we be certain majority of the persons receiving the payments aren't actually animated corpses (bots)?

Right now the reason why EU is not swarming with bots is our secret anti-bot weapon called RCE. The way it's set up it's impossible to generate long term profit without huge investments in gear and skills (or deeds).
It would be relatively easy with trading but the complexity of the AI required is too enormous, so that's not really a viable option either.

With a massive automated system that provides guaranteed profit this situation changes. We are left defenseless against the armies of undead. Our attempts to separate bots from human players will lead to an arms race - ever improving anti-bot software against ever improving methods of evading and fooling our anti-bot software. This is a war where we inevitably lose, if nothing else then large amounts of money that could have been used for something else (creating new game content, fixing bugs, increasing the average return and decreasing the cost to play instead of increasing it even further).

Before we can even consider any discussions about minimum wage we should ask is it even possible? Even if we leave aside the uneasy questions where all this money comes from, how can we be certain majority of the persons receiving the payments aren't actually animated corpses (bots)?

Right now the reason why EU is not swarming with bots is our secret anti-bot weapon called RCE. The way it's set up it's impossible to generate long term profit without huge investments in gear and skills (or deeds).
It would be relatively easy with trading but the complexity of the AI required is too enormous, so that's not really a viable option either.

With a massive automated system that provides guaranteed profit this situation changes. We are left defenseless against the armies of undead. Our attempts to separate bots from human players will lead to an arms race - ever improving anti-bot software against ever improving methods of evading and fooling our anti-bot software. This is a war where we inevitably lose, if nothing else then large amounts of money that could have been used for something else (creating new game content, fixing bugs, increasing the average return and decreasing the cost to play instead of increasing it even further).

Meet ND in person to apply for a job :yay:

I can imagine all those 3 billion ppl forming a line behind ND's door... :)

Come on. You are joking right? I mean please. Think of that LAG man! :)

Back