The TP Fee Is Too Damn High!

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
Below is my opinion. You can agree with it, you can disagree with it. If you disagree, please do so in a constructive manner. Help me see this issue clearly. Am I missing something?

What I like:
  • The idea of defending a TP against attacks sounds interesting
  • Getting a reward for a successful defense sounds fun & fair
  • Paying a fee to use a TP as a convenience would be okay depending on the fee
  • Attempting to create media buzz for this game is always a good thing

What I Do Not Like:
  • The illusion that NEVERDIE was elected by a Democracy
  • Taxation without representation
  • 1 PED fee is exorbitant
  • It's a farce to believe this will have a real impact on virtual "job creation"
  • NEVERDIE's lack of communication with the player base since he has been elected to represent us
  • From the sounds of it, ships and space will really be getting screwed by offering interplanetary travel via TP

I think there's a serious disconnect between creating a TP fee and creating actual jobs that pay in the game. To me, this sounds like players will be taxed to use an already free service -- and be forced to defend that service by paying even more money.

Let's not pretend that for a second that MA is going to change the loot distribution for those participating in this defense to the point you profit from it in the same way you would profit from a real job. If you believe you're going to log into EU and fire up your gun to kill some virtual "baddies" as a "job", you my friend are delusional. MA is not a charity. MA is not your employer. MA runs a business that provides a service. A service I am perfectly happy paying for with my decay, to some degree. This type of "job" is certainly not a job, it's more of a fee than anything else. You can put lipstick on a damn pig, guess what? It's still a pig.

Let's call it what it is then. This is an additional tax. Don't let NEVERDIE tell you any different, don't let MA tell you any different. Here, in this case, taxes are getting raised under the guise of "job creation". This whole presentation reeks of collusion. It sheds further light on an already questionable election. It also breeds distrust and further strain on a tired player base and on a tired economy.

I'm a rational minded individual. I tend to stay positive about this game for the most part. However, this latest news is at the moment discouraging me. I would like further clarification from MA on the matter, and perhaps a vote as a citizen in regards to whether or not we even want something like this.

How does this play out? Is this for all current TP's? Are they building new TP's affected by this? From the sounds of it, they used data based on all past TP's in the game. This leads me to believe this will be implemented galaxy wide. In it's current form, I think the negatives far outweigh the positives if MA were to implement something like this.

Would you like me to swallow the pill of a TP fee? Okay, here's how:

* Make the TP fee 1 PEC

That's it. I'm okay with the whole thing at that point. 1 PEC is reasonable. 1 PED is unreasonable. It's additional income for MA, and that's okay. I get it, you're running a business. It's okay to raise prices occasionally; but by how much? It's not okay to raise them by this preposterous amount that NEVERDIE is proposing.

The idea has some good things going for it. Pay a small fee to use a convenient service. Get rewarded by defending that service. I would participate in something like that. However, not in it's current presented form. This needs some tweaking.

If you're at all concerned about your game, and the future health of your participants PED cards you need to listen to them. When their PED cards are empty, yours will be too.

Where is NEVERDIE? Where is MA? This looks like a deal that was made behind closed doors that benefits the few at the top. I realize that I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, however, I strongly believe this TP fee is a relevant issue that merits a discussion. That discussion needs to play out between the player base and NEVERDIE/MA.

If there is no discussion. If there is no clarity, and we're left with what you've presented thus far, we're screwed in my opinion. Why even have a Virtual President if he doesn't do anything "President like"? You will have killed any hope that positive change could have occured within a matter of one month from "electing" our leader.

If the TP fee is not adjusted you at least need to come out with specifics on how it's going to play out in game, BEFORE you implement the change.

Let me speak your language:
The current form and the current presentation of this idea has "Scammy McScammerface" written all over it.

"THE TP FEE IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY!"

I'm starting an in-game political movement. Are you with me!?*
*obviously a joke, but there's a kernel of truth in it :p

-MsPudding:girl:

Last edited:
I watched NEVERDIE spend more than 20 minutes viewing this thread. I can only assume he's read it, and is contemplating a response.

I think a reasonable time to wait for an official response from NEVERDIE or MA would be within 72 hours.

It's my plea to NEVERDIE, as our Virtual President, that he at least entertain a discussion of this matter. Whether that's done here in this thread, or some other thread, is of no importance to me. What is important is that he at least address the concerns we're having.

Jon 'NEVERDIE' Jacobs, please present us with some clarity. Or, voice some of the concerns you've been reading tonight to MindArk. Represent us. I know I'm not the only one who feels discouraged and uncertain about the latest TP Fee development.

1 PEC is reasonable. 1 PED is unreasonable.

100% Agree. Needs to be more transparency with these decisions.
Don't just make em then tell us. That's not what a democracy is supposed to be like.

Sad to say if a tax was added to the TPs with the MU already down and all going on I would really have to think about downsizing. Funny issue is I would be flooding the market with my 6.3million items and well MU isn't good already.

If anyone likes paying "Toll Fees" as I'm referring to IRL then go ahead and 'eat your heart out' with your new TP tokens & TP implementations that are soon to be imposed into EU. Otherwise, I'm siding with OP on this!

I still don't understand or trying to wrap my head around the 'why' on all this when there are so so many support cases and more priority bugs/issues that needs to be resolved/fixed that we already have in game. Now the new TP token/TP fees just adds fuel to the endless fire. Why not create a machine that is implemented at every TP that Transforms Products that are less than full tt to be turned into shrapnel/residue (hint - not full tt (L) rings); implement or add new space missions/ships/mobs and space 'cities' (add space mining); allow all UL items to be colored and/or decorated/traded (any bound items can be recycled like the Viceroy armor method); adjust or revamp the EP IV matz needed to use the BP; CLD land plots and pet stables need more dynamics and further progression/construction, and I can go on and on with other ideas/suggestions. Didn't mean to go a bit off topic here, but there definitely needs some more polls/discussions as to what is being decided (transparency).

Off Topic: Now what if you could pay 1ped to be able to turn 2k of sweat (refine 2k sweat w/ shrapnel or metal residue doesn't matter = s.r.) into a seedling residue of some sort in order to be implemented into a future farming economy on any planet including a new space city feature as well. Thus, these seedling residue are to be refined with fruits to be turned into N-seeds (N-seeds grows into nutrios - time cycle of 3 moon phases which includes diluted sweat being used as fuel vice H2O for example; rocks+seedling residue= O-seeds for space farming). Crafters & Miners and Hunters would all have to collaborate on getting materials and other resources from the ground to offer/create farming 'soil samples' for plot lands to implement farming throughout the EU universe (let alone transporting farming matz/goods and defending farms to). Farmers (new profession besides boosting trading), space miners (create new MUs/boost mining resource MUs), weather ppl (*another whole new profession would be created called "Builders"), and weather pesticides/bugs (pest control hunters) and other so called jobs will be created in this manner perhaps rather than what's being presented. This is all just a big mini vision you could say that could be further discussed and expanded upon.

Last edited:
Remove all of the TPs instead.

Would make the game more fun.

OMG ... TP fees is a joke right ?

Jesus his ego knows no bounds.

It was fine when he just shit up his only little corner of the game but now hes going to fuck every god damn thing up :mad:

ND, you have been coddle by MA since day one and have never seen the game from the perspective of the average player. Please kindly take your fee and shove it so very far up your ass.

I refuse to believe this is anything but a joke at this point.

Please be a joke.

:confused:

Worst idea ever ...

Job creation should be done with new systems, not by adjusting existing systems because that doesn't cost anything. It is a bit like the planet partners, they have to re-use existing stuff to imagine something new but in essence no new development is done by MA (or even possible by the partners).

@ND, if you want job creation ... investment is also required from MA.

Secondly, my personal opinion on how I play today

1) I hate camping the same mob and region for a long time. I know this is not beneficial for me but as gameplay is so boring, moving around makes it more fun. I guess I would play even less than I do these days (without new real gameplay content for a long time now).
2) I have my favorite TP to visit auction and there is no way I'll pay 1 ped to go check the auction. Make sure there is a portable (L) auction terminal.
3) I sometimes don't know what to hunt and TP around until I decide to play. With a fee, I'd better log out I guess.
4) I'd love to go to other planets and space and back to make the game more versatile, but the TP cost is scaring me off to warp, travel. Pitty, because there is a big part of the game I'd like to visit more, including Rocktropia.

So if my restriction from moving around from planet to planet is also on the planet itself (TP wise), then I'm afraid I can only see this is a gigantic step back.

Implement new systems instead of (ab)using the existing ones. There is a 10 years roadmap of ideas of non-executed development by MA. Use this and apply job creation to it.

If MA can't invest, then there will be no evolution ... and no need for a president helping to plot a course.

I'm sure all the program was written months before the "election", and tp fee is the most innocent part of it, just to test the waters (not the community verbal response, who cares for that, but how many people it will make quit). Taxes on vehicles soon to follow - "Players have traveled 10,000,000,000 km and all that without paying to the government??!" - most likely in a form of regular vehicle inspection performed by those so called workers. And that will be only start. I also suppose all this goes straight from MA, and their democratically appointed president here is but a lightning rod.

This got to be a joke. Personally, I don't like the idea of paying for basic features of a game.

What might happen:

1) MA will sell those shares.

2) MA introduces this fee. Of course we can pay it with PED from our Card until Tokens are fully implemented.

3) WE are going to wait for those features (Tokens/ ressources to craft em) to be implemented.

4) PPL are going to complain here. PPL are curious where all those promised features are i.e. Tokens, 'Jobs' etc. MA will point on ND because it was 'his' idea, we 'elected' him and ofc he is responsible for all that.

5) Nothing happens..

Why does that remind me on CLD, space transport fees for items and plot deeds?

:bs:

@ OP -> can you please link that site of ND in your opening post? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the tp fee, well i've seen it before, heard of it before..

What happens to the tp's placed into LA's purchased by the LA owners?

Wth 10 million teleports, did ND calculate how many will not use it anymore when there is a fee applied?
How many will start using personal flights, like helicopters to get to their hunting grounds, mining grounds etc?

The 2nd part i do believe there is a market for it, I am more then willing to fly people around for a ped each.. oh wait thats the teleport fee.. So its 50pec and atleast 3 needed to fly over the Calypso, it will take ya a good 30-45 minutes depending on the landingzone..

Oh wait, u got plenty ped to just tp there faster, oh wait u own plenty of deeds to atleast tp around 2 times a day?

Well u catch my idea

How many deeds will be there? at what price? how big is the cut in revenue? please inform me, so i can atleast buy plenty to tp around planetside

I actually see this as a reasonable idea, because this will make the gameplay better.
For example, more vehicles being used, players will make more friends traveling. More sweat being sold for making tp chip fuel. Taxi services.

If you think planetside tp then it has to be over 30 ped i guess. And inland it should be based on distance, so that it would cost something like 150% of the cost of traveling with a sleipnir.

This idea suggest that MA only gets the money from the deeds being sold, all revenue gets split within the president and deed owners, president getting the largest part. Therefore presidents ability to create Jobs.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

About the exact cost... since teleportation is instant and it poses no risk, I think it should definitely be more expensive than the cost to fly with your own vehicle from point A to point B (which still takes time and poses certain risks)... now 1 PED might be a bit steep and discourage many people to use the service, but it should definitely be (considerably) higher than the fuel cost of flying between two teleporters. Similarly, if implemented, planetary TP cost should be higher than landing fee + fuel cost to fly from one planet to another (so in the range of 10 PED when travelling without stackables).

If whatever we feed into these teleporters is directly crafted using a wide variety of materials from hunting and mining I am one hundred percent on board with this idea. The economy needs a jumpstart.

Reactions: DoA
If they're gonna charge for basic essentials they may as well put a monthly fee on the game, neither of which I agree with.

I don't know why everyone is actually taking any notice of this BS, it's a fake president from a rigged election (btw: I have nothing against ND personally). Ignore everything that is posted by this 'president', don't give them the airspace of even a forum reply. If they actually enact any of the BS simply ignore it or if you can't ignore it then stop playing.

This 'president' is the absolute worst thing to ever happen to EU. It may well see the end of my time here, and even the end of EU. You can't rig an election and then allow 1 player (or in this case 1 planet partner) to have an kind of power over the game.

It's an interesting idea... but the price needs to come down.

Or else... we all just spend some spare time sweating.. and no more money trickles down to the employees/investors at all.

The time to announce a Teleporter fee would have been 27 days ago.

We could all have had a laugh about it then. I dont think (m)any are laughing about the proposal.

I don't mean to play devil's advocate here, but every MMO I've played previous to EU had some kind of fee for "Fast" travel (WoW, Guild Wars, etc).

Granted this is RCE, and they are sort of pulling this out of nowhere for seemingly incomprehensible reasons.

I don't know why everyone is actually taking any notice of this BS,

If you've read that answer from support between the lines, it goes like this

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk,

It's not us, it's him!!!

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past,

However it's not a surprise for us, we are well aware and even did a bit of research on the matter...

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees,

actually we did a lot of research and have prepared a lot of arguments even though it's not our idea at all, no no!

The president might be fake, but the illuminati behind him are real :D

Last edited:
Jesus his ego knows no bounds.

It was fine when he just shit up his only little corner of the game but now hes going to fuck every god damn thing up :mad:

ND, you have been coddle by MA since day one and have never seen the game from the perspective of the average player. Please kindly take your fee and shove it so very far up your ass.

Yes he has.. he was a space pirate remember...

That depends on who get's the bulk of the shares or the revenue from the use of the TP's.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

About the exact cost... since teleportation is instant and it poses no risk, I think it should definitely be more expensive than the cost to fly with your own vehicle from point A to point B (which still takes time and poses certain risks)... now 1 PED might be a bit steep and discourage many people to use the service, but it should definitely be (considerably) higher than the fuel cost of flying between two teleporters. Similarly, if implemented, planetary TP cost should be higher than landing fee + fuel cost to fly from one planet to another (so in the range of 10 PED when travelling without stackables).

Can you name me one Real Cash Economy Game that does this?

Also, landarea owners can currently buy a TP for their land. Should they not get the revenue in that case if that TP is used?

I don't mean to play devil's advocate here, but every MMO I've played previous to EU had some kind of fee for "Fast" travel (WoW, Guild Wars, etc).

Granted this is RCE, and they are sort of pulling this out of nowhere for seemingly incomprehensible reasons.

You hit the nail on the head. Transportation in those games do cost in-game funds but not IRL funds. You pay your subscription fee every month to play and that is it. This.. proposal, is a far cry from that and you cannot really compare the two.

Face it. This game is expensive as it is. Adding another fee for the players to pay is just going to make it more unattractive to new players and having transporters between the planets will kill space. Warp vehicles will dock up and sit with no customers. Pirates will die of starvation for not having any newbs to shoot down (would not exactly be sad about that).

Back