Votes: 17 8.3%
  • no real opinion

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • bad plan

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • terrible plan

Votes: 144 70.2%

• Total voters
it's not great considering one travel is the price of 500 sweat (at 2/k) so new players are screwed, they travel to sell their 1k sweat from Sweat camp to PA to sell it and then return, your no richer and no sweat. or the buyer comes to sweat camp to buy and it costs 4ped/k.

Considering how far club royal is from civilazation is, none TP isn't an option. Plus ppl are likely to stop hunting there too

I wrote a supportcase this morning asking MA if they support this idea and so on. Got the reply below:

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when you had to navigate through outposts and use your vehicles a bit more as they are there for a reason but as stated above all feedback will considered carefully should anything like this be implemented in the future which is not yet decided.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We shall see what happens in the future but as it looks nothing is decided yet :)

Regards
Andy

Old times, vehicles? :scratch2:

Old times you ran or used a tp chip if you had the skill and ped, there were far fewer tp's.

To me this sounds like a way to transfer ped from depositors to "investors" and non-depositors.

What's the real value?

At the moment I can't see any real value in all these so called "virtual jobs". All the money made will be money deposited, or did I miss something? It's just one big game with some value of entertainment for some people. Surely not for one billion jobs. I wonder where this is supposed to go. Noone seems to think about that...

Greetz
Weirdo

To me this sounds like a way to transfer ped from depositors to "investors" and non-depositors.

That's exactly what it is.

Except it is doing so by further cannibalizing the existing user base.

The entire concept revolves around taking more liquid assets out of the system and redistributing them. Not in creating new revenue streams for the product itself.

The numbers are horrifically ambitious. To the point of absurdity.

My mind is boggling at those projected figures. I'm still trying to sort out order of magnitude errors I'm making because it's all so crazy :eyecrazy:.
Where the hell is all the new teleporting going to come from? It's going to have to include one heck of a lot more players, possibly expected from ComPet, and their cross-game movement.

However, it is interesting that even the paid conscripts would be on 10 peds an hour for their work, it would appear, so that is a lot higher than sweating returns just for starters.
For more mid-level players it's not so much of a problem having a 1 ped per tp charge. Some people won't care, many will return to using chips and ME, some will use vehicles, some will use Uber... (oh, wrong life)...

So, that was my positive hat. In RL it would be like paying a guaranteed basic income for 30 mins work(play) per day, then charging more for the energy use of transportation..... oh gawd... I'm actually in favour of that in RL :eyecrazy:

Old times you ran or used a tp chip if you had the skill and ped, there were far fewer tp's.

Older older times you died and let your ghost do the hard work. This is why the revive is an actual terminal! :)

BTW did anyone get their free strong box, because I didn't get any emails on the matter.

To me this sounds like a way to transfer ped from depositors to "investors" and get rid of non-depositors.

Fixed that for you.

I've been a non-depositor by lack of need for ~two years, and I move around a lot. So do other non-depositors I know. Grinding in one area is not a feasible way to break even.

Most of MA's initiatives lately seem to be focused at making sure everyone loses; and what's worse, most of the public welcomes that.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

Yes, we are all aware that you think this is a great idea, as you have posted this in numerous places on numerous forums. That's fine, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I must point out a few things, however, that would, perhaps, change your mind about this idea. (Unless, ofc, you are of the same ilk as ND, simply wanting visibility without substance).

Here's a lovely scenario for you:

Old timer: "Hey, you must be new around here."

Noob: "Yup, just started today. Got a car, this fancy new pistol, and some ammo. I am heading out on an adventure!"

Old timer: "Well, mate, might want to hang around here a bit, gather some sweat, sell it to other players to earn a few peds."

Noob: "Nah, I came here to explore!"

Old timer: "Up to you, mate, but let me give you some advice. That bitty car of yours, it's not gonna take more than a few hits for it to get destroyed. If that happens, you need a repair tool, or you need to find someone to repair it. Oh, and that small bit of oil you got: it's not gonna get you far. Best case, if you run outta oil or your car gets destroyed, you die and revive someplace populated. Worst case, you end up someplace unforgiving like Chugs."

Noob: "Chugs?"

Old timer: "Yeah, Chugs. Mean place, that is. Surrounded by all sorts of beasts. Need some firepower to get out of there. Not many people go there, unless there's some special event happening. There is a teleporter there, but you gotta pay 1 PED to use it, just to get back here."

Noob: "But what if I don't have a PED? How do I leave there?"

Old timer: "Well, you could try to run out, but those beasties would probably tear you apart. You could also ask someone to rescue you, in rookie chat, or even CRT, but that might take a while. Ever since these teleporter fees started, takes people longer to get where they are going."

Noob: "What if nobody rescues me?"

Old timer: "Well then, mate, you are, as they say, stuck like chuck."

Noob: "So, you are telling me that in order to go anywhere, I gotta run and hope I don't get killed, or I gotta pay???"

Old timer: "Yup, that's the way it is around here. Oh, by the way, welcome to Entropia Universe."

Noob: Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'm out.

So yeah, this idea is kinda crappy. Might work in an MMO where you pay a monthly fee to play, but not here in EU. I've been playing this game for 8 years, and the only time I ever pay to use a TP is when I use it to transport down from CP. Other than that, it was when RT first opened, space wasn't ready yet, and in order to get to RT, we had to pay a fee, which was eventually distributed to those who originally owned hangars.

While many may dispute this, EU is a "free to play" game. Or, more succinctly, free to try. Yes, there are plenty of people who have played for years without depositing a single dime. Want to implement fees to generate new revenue? Fantastic, but provide a NEW CONCEPT. Don't change an existing element of the game under the farce of "generating jobs". Not only will this idea cause existing players to cease playing, it will turn off new players faster than you can say "boo".

You point out that people could use their vehicles, or run. And that is absolutely true... unless, of course, you are on Toulan. Vehicles aren't allowed on the majority of the planet. So, I guess those people who choose to visit Toulan are probably going to stop. While Toulan isn't that big, it still takes a significant amount of time to get from one place to the other.

Another thing that players aren't doing, should they choose the "slow road" is generating revenue. Instead of choosing to TP from PA to Ithaca in order to kill feffox, they will fly. That entire time they are flying, they are using minimal oil, generating ZERO decay, and otherwise not contributing to the economy.

Oh, and let's talk about the TP tokens: Crafted by players? Sounds like a grand plan. However, how long before a few players start manipulating prices for these tokens? How long before those TP tokens that have a value of 1 PED have an auction value of 3-5 PED? How expensive does it need to get before someone like you might think "this was a crappy idea"? Look at pet name tags. You can buy them from the web shop, yet people still sell them in game at a decent markup. These are just luxury items. TP tokens would be a necessity.

Suppose you choose to use a TP, so you run all the way to the nearest one, only to discover that it's not in service because the maintenance people are slacking, or it's been destroyed by AI because there was nobody there to defend it properly (since they have apparently removed the turrets). If you haven't got a vehicle, or a TP chip, you got a loooooooong way to run to get to the next TP.

Think about all the ramifications this concept would have if implemented. While the fancy numbers can make anyone drool, the reality is, this idea could, quite possibly, spell the end of EU.

So, has this entire concept actually been sponsored by the Chinese Sweatshop Owners Association?

So, has this entire concept actually been sponsored by the Chinese Sweatshop Owners Association?

More likely Global Alt Herders Club.

This is one aspect not yet discussed today - that limiting the freedom of movement is quite likely to result in more alts.

Seems Mr illegal dictator (despot) of EU wants to raise funds by forcing everybody who wants to use a TP to buy some tokens from him to do so.

Finally he already proofs that he is greedy dictator, that came into his position by illegal election that in fact was not a election at all.

Mr. ND better stfu !

Hmm how ya surprised?

Was not that long ago that we got clothes fee (even armor back then). If I'm not mistaken the excuse was "To prevent abuse since it was very taxing on the servers". Even a delay was added.

Throughout the years PE/EU undergoes a nerf, usually to milk more from us.

There's a huge chance they gonna add this. And many of you will make a big deal out of this, like every nerf. Some will retire/take a break. But the majority will as usual not give a fuck and adapt. Nothing new same old.

I just hope at least part of this fee hoes back into the lootpool but knowing their greed it probably won't

Still waiting for the massive fallout when they add decay to the rings.. that we all knew was coming.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

It befuddles me as to why people can't understand the difference between a subscription game and an RCE. It isn't that tough. Really.

In an RCE, everything you do costs real cash. Actual money. From your bank account (or your allowance, I guess).

In a subscription game, you pay a monthly fee. The company then makes sure that you get enough free currency to keep you entertained, but not enough to make it boring. They can charge you 800000000 coins for each teleporter ride because the coins have no value and they make sure you always have enough.

I think the lesson here is that, if you want to have a significant impact on EU, you should step up and be a candidate, instead of skulking in the background and then rearing up and whining when things start to change that you don't like.

So, it costs $1000 for the right to speak up against scams and jackassery, but ass-lickers are allowed in for free?

Oh, and BTW-

It didn't say if there are write-in candidates. I am most certainly not going to pay $1000 to become Virtual President, but if write-ins are allowed, everyone vote for me.

Since this is virtually the stupidest thing I've heard of, as your Virtual President, I promise to do virtually nothing.

No trips to Sweden.

No phone calls with Swedish-speaking developers.

No holding the hands of high-maintenance Chicago-based avatars.

Nothing.

I promise to blow virtually my entire budget on Rumrunners and Stonecrab claws.

Ben Rumsponge Rumson- a name you can virtually trust.

Paid for by the Rumrunners for Rumson Committee.

I think the lesson here is that, if you want to have a significant impact on EU, you should step up and be a candidate, instead of skulking in the background and then rearing up and whining when things start to change that you don't like.

Maybe I would have done it, if the election happend democratic and fair.

This was never the case there was no election every EU participant could do his vote.

It was on facebook (NDs private site as I heared) -- many don´t have a facebook account (me included).
To be able to vote on facebook, your facebook account has to be at least 1 year old and that there is an election on facebook, got public 1 month befor end of election.

SO where is this a democratic election.

Its despotism, people like Mao, Hitler and Stalin did such things -- well now we have another DESPOT -- Mr Neverdie (well its virtual despotism but still despotism)

I like the idea having a VR president for EU platform, but this president has to be elected ingame at voting terminals (we have had voting terminals in the past) !
Not that hard to do, to be honest. I am absolutely sure that ND wouldn´t have won a ingame election, beside that even if he would have won it, he surely won´t win the next one with his plans to squeeze last penny out of us!

If I will get back those 3650 peds from markup in loot used to create these tokens. Great idea.

How about just start with removing Explosive projectile BPs or move nanocubes from TT to loot, to restore some of the mu in the world.

You will either break even or lose money. I guarantee it.

This poll would have a more valid structure if it were simplified.

-"No opinion" option should not exist; people who have no opinion shouldn't vote/wouldn't be voting anyway.

-"Bad Plan" and "Terrible Plan" are essentially the same option, and the poll would show more accurate results if one option didn't take votes away from the other, same option.

It's a terrible idea by Neverdie.

as long as these tokens are very cheap...

I'd sure like a more convenient way to go from one planet to another, that field really NEEDS change. right now I feel a lot like arthur dent hiking a ride...

neverdie already IS zaphox beeblebrox now though... :(

still, all of this could work if it wasn't confined to Entropia alone. I can only repeat myself, get other games on board with this thing, most urgently of all second life

I like the "fight against AI to not make yourself obsolete as a worker" allegory, though of course it's a completely wrong concept: robotisation is supposed to make people's lives EASIER. who actually WANTS to work!? let robots do the job, you can work less (supervising them), for the same money, cause robots are more effective and create more profit!

(not in-game though, cause that would be botting :))

Last edited:
Yes, we are all aware that you think this is a great idea, as you have posted this in numerous places on numerous forums. That's fine, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I must point out a few things, however, that would, perhaps, change your mind about this idea. (Unless, ofc, you are of the same ilk as ND, simply wanting visibility without substance).

I haven't started any thread about this, I just posted in the threads there were opened by others on the subject, just like many people posted their disagreement on all of them, not different at all.

Now to better explain you my position, from the perspective of a low-skilled, low-depositing player, that has more time than money at her disposal.

I really don't mind running from place A to place B (to a certain degree I even enjoy admiring the landscape, avoiding the mobs, etc) and I do it quite a lot (being so cheap that I'm not even willing to pay the fuel cost to fly there). Heck, since a lot of my game time consists of sweating, I can say that's how I value my time in here - at 1 PED (10 cents) per hour.

Now Neverdie comes with an idea to take money from "rich(er/ish)" people that are not willing to spend/waste their time running/flying, but instead would be willing to pay for the convenience of instant transportation, keep some of those money for game expenses (ensuring game survival/development) and offer me a chance to earn more than my 1 PED (10 cents) per hour sweating by becoming a conscript / employee in this new system.

As already said by others, is a way to transfer some money from the big depositors/rich players to the entry level players (low or no depositors, newbies, etc)... so how I (as a player that would actually benefit from this) not support the idea?

I wrote a supportcase this morning asking MA if they support this idea and so on. Got the reply below:

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when you had to navigate through outposts and use your vehicles a bit more as they are there for a reason but as stated above all feedback will considered carefully should anything like this be implemented in the future which is not yet decided.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We shall see what happens in the future but as it looks nothing is decided yet :)

Regards
Andy

This is a very sad post. More or less MA is saying it is true while at the same time saying that it's not. Notice how they say this was ND's idea and that they will 'talk' with him about it yet go on backing the idea and giving reasons why it is being done.

I'm at a loss now.

having raged for 8 hours or whatever at this, I've had a thought from a different angle, now don't get me wrong I still hate the idea, but with a few tweaks it may not be game breaking,

1) create a super highway of main TPs, ie PA to Twin Peaks to Minnopolis and make sure all major & event cities are included (ark would be all FB's) these are free to travel between and to, outside this Highway are the pay TPs, the Exotic ones. This would allow free movement for trade, shopping at malls and going to and from events

2) Reduce the fee greatly, 1 ped is too high, unless there is going to be different costs for different zones, ie higher lvl areas cost 1ped and kerbs 25pec, planet hopping 100ped (or less but stackables are not allowed to travel).

3) because of the TP fee, we need a way of selecting missions and turning them in without leaving the area, a PDA styled device would suffice, but this should be free

4) The jobs? what are they exactly, I would like to see repair jobs on TPs giving skills and pay for keeping them in order, 1 TP might need some Iron, so you get it and repair the TP (you always get the TT back for the resource used) and you get paid for the work. however if the TP falls into disrepair then the TP will no longer work or risk you landing 200m randomly away maybe even killing you

but depending on the involvement required for jobs, it might increase alts, or farming bots which would then push out genuine players and risk killing the game

5) space is a problem tho, and because of this I would like to see no planet hopping with stackables until we see work up there, we need missions, more mobs, weapons, space mining, instances, events... it needs to be made into a planet (as such) in its own way

This is a very sad post. More or less MA is saying it is true while at the same time saying that it's not. Notice how they say this was ND's idea and that they will 'talk' with him about it yet go on backing the idea and giving reasons why it is being done.

I'm at a loss now.

It almost makes one wonder if the recent "appointment" of ND was specifically for making him the "face" of this rather drastic, extremely unpopular change to include a 'Teleport Tollboth' to deflect criticism away from MindArk and onto their new poster-boy/scapegoat...

EDIT: Jetman, be careful what you say...if you give MA an inch, they'll take a foot...and you'll regret the suggestion. ;)

It almost makes one wonder if the recent "appointment" of ND was specifically for making him the "face" of this rather drastic, extremely unpopular change to include a 'Teleport Tollboth' to deflect criticism away from MindArk and onto their new poster-boy/scapegoat...

Oh man, that would be too damned funny if not for the fact that we'd be getting screwed over with more fees. :laugh:

Lol, the idea is hilarious!

But it got me wondering: is Neverdie the best comedian ever, or did he suffer some serious brain injury?

Lol, the idea is hilarious!

But it got me wondering: is Neverdie the best comedian ever, or did he suffer some serious brain injury?

Na, we all have it..it's called why to long in EU and I think that is what MA has been trying to fix these last few months.

I agree Interplanetary teleportation should be off limits, unless it is only for those who hold wormhole chips.
Re-implementation of interplanetary teleports will kill any warp based transport businesses and the VR president will be sued for loss of income!

Back