Votes: 17 8.3%
  • no real opinion

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • bad plan

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • terrible plan

Votes: 144 70.2%

• Total voters
I agree Interplanetary teleportation should be off limits, unless it is only for those who hold wormhole chips.
Re-implementation of interplanetary teleports will kill any warp based transport businesses and the VR president will be sued for loss of income!

Not necessary!

Install a space TP net, where you can TP from one spacestation to any other (surely you need to discover the spacestations TP first to get it onto your space map, as discovering planet side TPs)

When using this station to station TP, charge a fee higher than comon MS tickets. It also has to be more expencive than warp taxi (Equus).

As this traveling would be faster than a warp, many surely will use it even at higher costs.
Others would refuse using it and take the cheaper Taxi services or MS.

Every PP also could add a TP to go from the planet to the spacestation conected to that planet. Same here, it has to be more expencive using the TP than flying with a Quad. (7 PED like the TP down to Caly from Foma/CP).

So everybody can decide himself, use the expencive TP or the cheaper taxi service or fly your own Quad/Sleip whatever!

A travel could look lilke that:

7 PED planet to space station - 20 PED station to station - 7 PED down to other planet
Sums up to 34 PED total, so taking a MS/Equus is an option. Takes some time even when ship got a warp, but cheaper than TPing. And there is still very cheap quad services, wich are even slower but a lot cheaper.

Then MA should move their asses and finally implement the space transport missions they announced with introducing the interplanetary auction transport fee. That offers the job space transporter, with the risk of beeing looted by pirates, what would be ok for me, as accepting the mission is free, so victim of pirate doesn´t lose that much. Mission rewards gets paid to the person who manages to deliver the package to its destination mission broker/terminal. Here it doesn´t matter if it is the person who accepted the transport or the pirat successful looted the package from the transporter. Mission has to be linked to the packed not to the avatar accepting it (think thats not that hard to code).

How to use the interplanetary TP fees, well could just be added to the transport mission funds, or be something completely new. As long as it gets cycled back into the economy I am fine with. Even if MA/PP take a small share from the TP fees to cover their costs/make profit (lets say 10%), I am still fine with it.

I wrote a supportcase this morning asking MA if they support this idea and so on. Got the reply below:

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when you had to navigate through outposts and use your vehicles a bit more as they are there for a reason but as stated above all feedback will considered carefully should anything like this be implemented in the future which is not yet decided.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We shall see what happens in the future but as it looks nothing is decided yet :)

Regards
Andy

Agreed. This is extremely sad.

A few thoughts on this reply:

- The forum post may have been from ND, but the website which promotes this is owned by MA.

- Free-loaders and leeches may have requested this, but I doubt depositors have. It is illogical to expect a depositor to send a support case pre-emptively requesting that this never be implemented.

- Maybe it is time to look at other games.
- What's more TPs only take one to a general area. Vehicles and chips are still needed to get to the fields.

- Older times were vehicle free (or both TP AND vehicle free). The commonality there is vehicles, not TPs.

It would seem that MA's goal is to encourage vehicle usage.
Doing so by charging for TP usage is a very poor idea.

bah

I'm still quite bothered by this. I think I will take a good book down to a coffee shop.
Good luck and have fun.

I tried to explain here why I think you shouldn't worry.

Actually i think you explained why there would be no freeloaders. On the other hand i think the lower amount of free loaders the more expensive the tokens for teleportation will cost, actually increasing the cost to tp. :cool:

I know MA has done some very very stupid stuff over the years, but i don't think they'll actually go this far.

Actually i think you explained why there would be no freeloaders. On the other hand i think the lower amount of free loaders the more expensive the tokens for teleportation will cost, actually increasing the cost to tp. :cool:

I know MA has done some very very stupid stuff over the years, but i don't think they'll actually go this far.

The number of freeloaders is relevant only if tp tokens take sweat or anything like that to craft. If tp tokens are crafted from nanocube, nanotube or nanolube, the MU will be for all practical purposes fixed at ~101%.

+1, neverdie's planet should test out stuff he comes up with
but then again, the 2 people playing there could still be 100% happy with it

It's just Neverdie and his mom, of course they'll be happy with it. :laugh:

SO where is this a democratic election.

Not for want to be pedantic or anything, but there was opportunity for others to step up and had Star decided to go forward, it looks like he would have had the majority vote. Perhaps he'll enter into it next term.

Right now, no-one else stepped up to the plate, and so, in the very least, we've defaulted to that candidate.

From the response from support, it sounds like our views will be considered before any changes are made, I mean, if they did introduce the TP fee, prematurely, it would be a disaster, new players would be like "wtf!"

I can see the proposal working on some level, but to get to that point, we need a massive, I mean really huge influx of people, people that stay, into Entropia. If this is implemented now, it will just fail in my opinion.

I think it is a terrible plan. Take FOMA for example. Miners go from dome to dome, tp fees all the time. And how about me fapping on daspletors, some people die every few minutes, which means I need to tp over 50 times in a day.....this is just ridiculous and expensive

Not for want to be pedantic or anything, but there was opportunity for others to step up and had Star decided to go forward, it looks like he would have had the majority vote. Perhaps he'll enter into it next term.

All EU participants that don´t read forum, didn´t even notice that there is a vote.
All EU participants who didn´t have had a 1 year old facebook account, have been excluded from the vote (f.e. me).
Even if I would have wanted to stand up against ND, there was no chance!

Its was a rigged bad joke, not an election!

MA and ND need to learn doing things right.

1. Inform all players about such an election (E-Mail and client loader info)
2. Make to voting open to all EU participants, best make it ingame.
3. Make clear who is the canditates that are voteable, not ND,candidate B, candidate C <--- thats another joke
4. Give an ingame mechanisam where optional candidates can pay their fee and automatically updated the list of candidates.
5. Set a time limit untill that candidates can sign up for that election, don´t start voting befor end of sign up.
6. Do the voting ingame, so that every participant can have only one vote (I know we have a problem with multi avatars, but that is even worse on platforms like facebook.

Now ND is put in place as VR president.

First thing he should do to be accepted:

Force MA to install voting terminals ingame.
Then redo the voting ingame.
(If he manages to achieve this, there is a chance for him to get my vote)

Then he can bring up his ideas in forums for discussion and finally can start a ingame vote after a period, where his ideas have been discussed.
If he gets 50%+1 positive votes for his idea at the voting terminal, then all is fine (do it)

Thats my dream of democratic interaction in a VR.
What ND and MA did is a joke and looks like despotism.

I think it is a terrible plan. Take FOMA for example. Miners go from dome to dome, tp fees all the time. And how about me fapping on daspletors, some people die every few minutes, which means I need to tp over 50 times in a day.....this is just ridiculous and expensive

I'm guessing this wont effect private TP systems (you can't privatise something which is already privately owned), as you said it would be a ridiculous cost. Issues like these will be address in the consultation period I'm sure. Nothing has been set in stone yet, only the general idea has been released. ND is actively looking for feedback on the idea to try and make it work for everyone.

I highly doubt tps like the FOMA ones will have a fee, ND was/is a gamer too and will appreciate that it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I appreciate that the execution of this wasn't fantastic. Excluding accounts was to stop voteSpam(); And to be honest, don't have a facebook account, been living in a box?! lol

I think the vote mechanics should have been better thought out, I agree with you there. The comms for this were on this forum and facebook. Don't remember anything on twatter thought.

There should've been some in-game pointers to the POVR website.

Still heard nothing about the strongboxes though.

So 79.41% against atm, I think thats actually higher % than the proportion of EU that deposit.

C'mon guys n gals, just imagine never having to deposit again... $5 an hour!!!

:D

(Just trying to motivate the masses of for votes :D)

Sigh, just when I was deciding to come back to EU now that I had a little bit of free time (and a small amount of money to deposit) :rolleyes:

I just love how they're planning to add costs on a system that has been free since the very beginnings of PE. If we hadn't had teleporters until now and we've had to rely purely on MF and then vehicles, then yeah... some people might see some value on this, although not at that price point. I also love how they twist the fact people have suggested such costs before, but using gathered resources such as sweat in an attempt to stimulate the economy and give newbies a better chance at trying out the game for free (Or for those scary, so-called "freeloaders" a chance of a livelihood if they truly have so much free time. Of course I'd know, I was a non-depositor for ~6 years... :laugh: )

But I can read between the lines. MA is hurting for money, ComPet has been a much bigger money drain than they've thought for a product they know will be sub-par. With no long-term plans, they'd rather milk out the existing player base. And taking advantage of ND's immense ego, they made him our "president" and point the blame at him. People will complain, and we'll reach a "compromise" so don't you worry, these fees will come in some way or another, but maybe at not this price point. As for the jobs? Forget about them, it'll be yet another system lingering in limbo for years.

For the time being and in the spirit of "the games must go on" I will assume that the game does go on as usual and will continue to play as usual, relaxed and with modest deposits, only the occasional extra injection for buying gear I find myself wanting.

Anything I spend on the game I consider spent and not an investment, since it's all pixels anyway and they can pull the plug any moment. Should structures be introduced which require me to pay more for doing nothing different, I reduce my spending or might stop it altogether. Until that happens though, I find no reason to panic.

It's 17% for / 80% votes against atm.

So u collect 70% votes at "election" and manage to turn it into 17% support a few weeks later.
Sounds like new Guinness World Record.

Althou Darwin Awards prolly would be more appropriate in this case...

So, taking some time in RL, as are really quite a lot of people and quite fast, to look at this!
Points to note (my opinion):
Firstly: the presidential election in itself was a complete farce. I do not recognise the resulting post as speaking for anyone or a license for anything!

Secondly: the proposal does at least contain a certain amount of detail which can be discussed.

Thirdly: I have extremely little trust in either MA or ND - the major point which interests me is the future of RCE's in virtual worlds, and unfortunately that is a topic without much or any competition from elsewhere!

Fourthly: I do not wish to see the infection/disease that I consider to be in control of the host spread across other platforms.

Fifthly: the idea itself of having to teleport your single virtual avatar from one environment to another game in the system for a fee is abhorant. Does this mean that logging on to Compet will be seen as a 'teleport' and cost a fee to get there and back???!!! This is how I read it... we are not just talking about other pp planets here.

Sixthly: Timescales.. almost the only relief I see when I see the words 'soon' or 'after' is that this is almost always years of RL time before they eff things up even more.

I have not voted, as I do not think the idea itself is necessarily terrible, but as in the lotto ads - 'please don't let it be them!'
:wise: What she said... mostly. I voted my conscience in this poll.

And there is another point I have not seen voiced: Much of the time, revenue follows intrinsic value around. While I can't speak for everyone, for at least some gamers the intrinsic value which merits tying up dollars in a game is the gameplay. Advertise excellent gameplay, get new players. Deliver boring or annoying or otherwise really bad gameplay, lose opportunity at a large chunk of potential revenue. A fee just to use a teleporter doesn't add anything to gameplay, and does divert players' attention from said gameplay onto yet another fiddly little chore that has to get done before one can get back to enjoying the game. Such a move is irresponsible fiscally because it obscures actual play and places another barrier between the player and the play they pay for, thus directing revenue away from Entropia Universe.

Surely people realised that the peds to pay people to do a job must come from somewhere?

Mindark made ND pay a bit up front to run, from what I understand. Perhaps he can talk them in to converting that in to a very small puddle of pecs that will randomly show up in game on the ground somewhere... and next time they can ask for ten times as much as he paid this time so that he can be reelected and they can do the same thing...

Right now, no-one else stepped up to the plate, and so, in the very least, we've defaulted to that candidate.

Remember the $1000 with no refund, MA had to have all the content to be used in the campaign and they had final say on who could take part. If they wanted ND then it was always going to be ND no matter what.

Nothing in the stuff before the election said it had anything to do with managing EU content just that it was a figure head role to act as communication hub between games and hardware manufacturers. It was open to any one even if they didn't play EU so would you accept someone who'd only played WOW telling MA how to manage EU's economy or proposing new content?

As a PP he's well within his rights to ask that RT's teleports are sold off with deeds. If he truly believes this is for the betterment of EU then I say do it on RT first as a test case and prove it.

I would be actually completely fine with paying for TPs in sweat (around 100 sweat for one TP seems just fine), just to support newbies to the game, because I remember the times where sweat was worth to gather. But this would be only if there was no programs that allows players be afk and still sweating. Go to see all the sweating places and there is shitload players who are afk and still gathering sweat ... so in this case I wont be supporting newbies at all thus Im against this idea.

To pay TPs to pocket of those who tend to be more investors than depositors... How would he want to pay the jobs if investors would expect to see their revenues from bought deeds. And maybe he calculate amount of people using TPs atm but after establishing the fee, I would say that at least half of the total TPs jumps would not be done. I guess that ND is just living in his personal reality. And if this would be happening, I could assure you that he would create the most hated item around with his face on :-D
... Still Im not very sure if this is idea of ND or MA.

With the way ND was talking about job creation I find it hard to believe it was MA's idea. tbh it sounds more like something Peezle would propose or one of the 'every one can profit if MA did this' threads.

But then I think CLD's were a bad idea.

Back