Votes: 6 2.9%
  • bad plan

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • terrible plan

Votes: 144 70.2%

• Total voters
Selling! everything! buy now cheap

kidding but feel like that

Didn't players voted for NO TP on Toulan, even remove them on Calypso :scratch2:

And I'm not sure if we are talking TP from town to town on Calypso or TP from Entropia To Doom :scratch2:

this is why we needed a proper election campaign, he basically ran for votes with less info on his intent than Trump has. i hate the idea,

it will scare newbies off right away, when your living on sweat, any transport cost is bad
interplanetary travel will kill the Motherships warp service
it will kill LA's & hunting grounds that are only really accessible by TP (islands between Amethera and Eudora)
plus i hope the LAs owners who purcahsed a TP with there own money is refunded or takes all TP profits as ND tends to take money from their purchase

The jobs sound ok, but knowing ND you will have to fight on LA's owned by him to maximize his $. i'd rather no TP fee and no jobs

Honestly i hate the idea so much... so .... Vote of No Confidence already?

Should have made this a public poll. We could have identified all of Neverdie's alts by the people who voted it was a good idea :/

Reactions: Mac
I love the idea, but...

I teleport around 10 times a day x 365 = 3650 peds each year. That is 3 times the cost of playing a normal mmorpg for a year. And that is just on top of the insane cost many people already spend on this game.

If I will get back those 3650 peds from markup in loot used to create these tokens. Great idea.

How about just start with removing Explosive projectile BPs or move nanocubes from TT to loot, to restore some of the mu in the world.

Last edited:
also, how would the hours needed work? would i have to enter an instance to count those hours with 75% returns? would i have to do anything in there like turning over 10,000ped a month (losing more than wage) or could i sit on my arse watching the clock run

There are few opportunities to make a steady income particularly at a low level. For those with bigger investments there are LAs and we now have deeds for people who want to spend a few hundred ped on something.

I think this will be a great opportunity for new (and old) participants to draw a regular ped income to act as a foundation for their hunting/mining/crafting activities if they wish.

The bulk of the economy is really at the whim of random luck at the moment, so I feel the introduction of these jobs should be a step in the right direction to creating the foundation of a more solid economy.

The details will be ironed out through consultation, here ND has outlined the general direction and I think it is a good one and an important one to ensure the long term suitability of entropia.

We always want change, now this is a period of great change and we should get behind it and support it.

ND was the elected candidate, for those who could vote they could have voted against him. For those who didn't like the idea of creating virtual jobs they could have stood against him in the election but no one did. Surely people realised that the peds to pay people to do a job must come from somewhere? So lets support this because we are finally getting some communication and action around here :).

If we complain at every change the universe will remain static forever. This was the first change that we had at least some input behind (voting for ND was essentially a vote for the creation of these jobs) and yet we still complain.

Think of this as like the 2 pec armour removal decay. We all thought that would be the end of the world, some said they would never remove their armour again to avoid the cost, hunting was ruining. Within months it had all been forgotten and we just got on with it. This will be the same here.

Last edited:
maybe this site created in april 1st?

200k people defending teleports?? where ? china?

newbie who is sweating 2hours to get 2.4 ped for 1k sweet should pay 1 ped to tp there :D

There are few opportunities to make a steady income particularly at a low level. For those with bigger investments there are LAs and we now have deeds for people who want to spend a few hundred ped on something.

I think this will be a great opportunity for new (and old) participants to draw a regular ped income to act as a foundation for their hunting/mining/crafting activities if they wish.

The bulk of the economy is really at the whim of random luck at the moment, so I feel the introduction of these jobs should be a step in the right direction to creating the foundation of a more solid economy.

The details will be ironed out through consultation, here ND has outlined the general direction and I think it is a good one and an important one to ensure the long term suitability of entropia.

We always want change, now this is a period of great change and we should get behind it and support it.

ND was the elected candidate, for those who could vote they could have voted against him. For those who didn't like the idea of creating virtual jobs they could have stood against him in the election but no one did. Surely people realised that the peds to pay people to do a job must come from somewhere? So lets support this because we are finally getting some communication and action around here :).

If we complain at every change the universe will remain static forever. This was the first change that we had at least some input behind (voting for ND was essentially a vote for the creation of these jobs) and yet we still complain.

I personally already hire out jobs within my society to make my real life allocation of my hours to manage said society efficient. This is a proper economic flow, I get a bonus, and the people helping me get an overall profit past their costs. Virtual jobs need not have a draconian feel. I also feel Virtual jobs are essential to players being able to exist. Medpacker, pilot, and many other professions need stimulation from new systems, not new systems being imposed for the shits and kicks of it.
The peds to pay our virtual job should be coming from Mindark by the way, not from the player base being forced to foot new fees, unless we get an overhaul of the loot system that immediately brings greatly reduced cost to play in exchange for us footing bills on teleportation.

If MA takes the bill for the new jobs then we are still paying for the new jobs as that money will come from the deposits. At least with the introduction of a new system we still foot the bill for the new jobs but if doesn't take any peds away from the development of EU... Everyone is also free not to use the TPs as well.

The increased activity should lead to a stronger economy and better opportunities for us all. Any increase in the user base is good. Particularly for CLD/AUD holders as the people will spend their earnings somewhere and therefore contributing to the dividend payouts and loot pool as well.

Think of professions such as hair styling and colouring. With a disposal income I think many more people will be inclined to use these services. For a new participant spending 5 peds+ on hair from a sweating allowance is a lot but with a regular ped income I think people will be more inclined.

If MA takes the bill for the new jobs then we are still paying for the new jobs as that money will come from the deposits. At least with the introduction of a new system we still foot the bill for the new jobs but if doesn't take any peds away from the development of EU... Everyone is also free not to use the TPs as well.

The increased activity should lead to a stronger economy and better opportunities for us all. Any increase in the user base is good. Particularly for CLD/AUD holders as the people will spend their earnings somewhere and therefore contributing to the dividend payouts and loot pool as well.

Think of professions such as hair styling and colouring. With a disposal income I think many more people will be inclined to use these services. For a new participant spending 5 peds+ on hair from a sweating allowance is a lot but with a regular ped income I think people will be more inclined.

Here is some food for thought....
To get our virtual wage which you are thinking of, we have to burn peds and lose more than that. That is the major problem with this conscription service. Sure you may get 25 peds an hour, but it'll be doing something that loses you 50.

I definately think that the teleporter invasion system and such is a great idea, and I definately think that as long as virtual jobs are not paid for by us losing more then this could be good. The problem is getting Mindark to eat this as an advertising expense without fucking things up for us.

So basically MA wants to charge people for using TP’s (like they did years ago to TP to CP for example), to raise further cash.

The easiest way to do that is to push any potentially unpopular ideas via the President channel, it’s a blame shifting exercise…that does make me smile.

It comes down to this I guess: You buy a few deeds that will cover your general TP costs. If MA sold deeds in Common dung, people would buy it.

They might as well just sell us an unlimited TP token from the web-shop, it would probably be more accepted by the players. A “One-off cost” and MA get there’s money …sorted.

Interesting situation with LA TP’s, they’re not public property, those people purchased their TP’s. So it sounds like a government grab of private property to me.

Whatever; I think it’s all going a step too far. It will happen though, highly likely it’s a done deal.

Rick

I wrote a supportcase this morning asking MA if they support this idea and so on. Got the reply below:

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when you had to navigate through outposts and use your vehicles a bit more as they are there for a reason but as stated above all feedback will considered carefully should anything like this be implemented in the future which is not yet decided.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We shall see what happens in the future but as it looks nothing is decided yet :)

Regards
Andy

Very quick, a good response from support :wtg:

I say implement it on RT first and show us it will work.

Adding it Universe wide and then finding it completely screws things up will cause chaos.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

[...]

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Maybe there was a reason why we played this game and not those others.

+1, neverdie's planet should test out stuff he comes up with
but then again, the 2 people playing there could still be 100% happy with it
I say implement it on RT first and show us it will work.

I read most of the original post - it's just continuing the things that screwed EU up in the first place.

EU was a sandbox and with this it would become just another game.

Should have made this a public poll. We could have identified all of Neverdie's alts by the people who voted it was a good idea :/
Another one who believes anyone who has a different opinion is posessed by demons and should be burned alive...

Just when I thought it can't get any worse I suddenly realize yes, it can. Much much worse! :ahh:
I'm glad you are not the prez. That's kinda... relief... lol

As always, Entropia core content is a game. Player base won't grow if gameplay doesn't improve. Player are needed for all the layers RCE provide.
Putting a TP fee will only be a nerf to existing content.

Hmm how ya surprised?

Was not that long ago that we got clothes fee (even armor back then). If I'm not mistaken the excuse was "To prevent abuse since it was very taxing on the servers". Even a delay was added.

Throughout the years PE/EU undergoes a nerf, usually to milk more from us.

There's a huge chance they gonna add this. And many of you will make a big deal out of this, like every nerf. Some will retire/take a break. But the majority will as usual not give a fuck and adapt. Nothing new same old.

I just hope at least part of this fee hoes back into the lootpool but knowing their greed it probably won't

So, taking some time in RL, as are really quite a lot of people and quite fast, to look at this!
Points to note (my opinion):
Firstly: the presidential election in itself was a complete farce. I do not recognise the resulting post as speaking for anyone or a license for anything!

Secondly: the proposal does at least contain a certain amount of detail which can be discussed.

Thirdly: I have extremely little trust in either MA or ND - the major point which interests me is the future of RCE's in virtual worlds, and unfortunately that is a topic without much or any competition from elsewhere!

Fourthly: I do not wish to see the infection/disease that I consider to be in control of the host spread across other platforms.

Fifthly: the idea itself of having to teleport your single virtual avatar from one environment to another game in the system for a fee is abhorant. Does this mean that logging on to Compet will be seen as a 'teleport' and cost a fee to get there and back???!!! This is how I read it... we are not just talking about other pp planets here.

Sixthly: Timescales.. almost the only relief I see when I see the words 'soon' or 'after' is that this is almost always years of RL time before they eff things up even more.

I have not voted, as I do not think the idea itself is necessarily terrible, but as in the lotto ads - 'please don't let it be them!'

Some more detailed points:
current teleportation is said to be 10 million times a year, projected (correction) 10 billion by 2020 once 'expanded'.
That is a factor of 1000, which is basically an explosion in usage between now and 2020. The tp fee is still counted at 10 cents per trip - no differentiation made here between short hop, inter-planetary or to a different game platform. Elsewhere it says tp fee will depend on the type....

Anyway, 250 million dollars is predicted as profit out of 1 billion dollars projected revenue.

The idea is to have 200,000 conscripts earning 36 million dollars a year initially. After 1 year the minimum wage would kick in, adding another 187 million dollars across 116,000 jobs, thus totalling 223 million dollars as labour costs.
Freelancers will somehow be able to leverage their own work pathways it is claimed, maybe from in-game mu not counted into these 'tt ped costs'.

One million shares would be (edit) 10 million dollars!!! as investment with no forecast on monthly returns. My assumption is that it might be what is described as profit which would be paid out for 2020, which would be (edit) 25 times the investment a year - nah.. that can't be right... hmmm.

Anyhow, this would still leave over 500 million dollars to be shared out to the platform provider and participating 'worlds' each year - and of course the initial 1 billion dollar floatation, the payout rights to which can be traded, but not withdrawn! I would expect to be able to develop almost any platform for that amount of money!

Minimum and maximum conscription is set at 15 hrs per month. Minimum wage work is quoted as max 40 hrs per month. ... hmm

Biggest ???: the offering is not even restricted to one million shares? (see oversubscribed faq answer). How does that affect payouts???!!!! - A watering down without a way to prevent it??? Crazy!

Bottom line: who would tp around under the new system or would the game(s) be strangled? Who will want to buy shares? Ok, must really do some RL work for a bit now!!!! Days like these... sheesh!

Last edited:
I wrote a supportcase this morning asking MA if they support this idea and so on.

We shall see what happens in the future but as it looks nothing is decided yet :)

Andy, thanks for sharing.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

Umm, you guys backed this "election" scheme. Didn't anyone there predict what would happen next?

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

Hmm. Which players were those? Were they actual paying customers?

Yes, by all means, take the most annoying and expensive ideas from other games and institute them here.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when

..there were working "Vote" terminals? And here's a thought- maybe they should only be accessible to actual paying customers

Edit: Actually, that was kind of harsh. Everyone should get a vote on general gaming issues, but when it comes to things that will increase the cost to play, there really needs to be a differentiation between paying and non-paying customers.

Last edited:
i'll give ND one thing, hes united the playerbase..... :beerchug:

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

Back