Right now the events system works like this:

pay 25 ped to create an event -> goes to Calypso PP
pay 25 ped to rent the land for half an hour -> rent goes to Calypso PP
income of the event goes to the landowner

I propose a change in this event system:

pay 25 ped to rent the land for half an hour -> rent goes to the Landowner
income of the event goes to the event creator

It's logical that the rent should go to the landowner, since he owns the land. It's also logical the the income of the event should go to the event creator.

This change will lead to a new job: The event creator. Because the income of the event goes to the event creator, there will be way more events created, Which gives a big boost to activity on Calypso (or another planet with landareas).

It only has winners:

- the event creator wins, because he earns the income of the event
- the landowner wins, because he gets rent per half hour of his land rented. If a landowner makes more than 25 ped per half hour, the landowner can simply set his event creation to private.
-Calypso PP wins, because right now there are a handful events created, for which they get the rent, they still get the money from the event creation and it's likely a lot more events will created, which will be around the same income, and more events means more people will want to hunt on Calypso, because there's always something going on.

400000 jobs? :eyecrazy: You've been drinking the same stuff as Mr VR President! :laugh:

The changes seem like a good idea though.

The event system definitely needs some work. Lots of potential there! Really like your ideas Spawn; hopefully ND actually reads some of these threads and listens to the community rather than taking everything on by himself...

Seems like the logical conclusion to adding of Event Management in EU.

Nice job Spawn!

events themselves need a Major overhaul!

in other games, events are for EVERYBODY. high rollers compete for the prizes, that is ok, but low level players still should be encouraged to participate!

solution: make events not only for hunting!

but also for

-) sweating. if the duration is e.g. a week, make a new kind of special sweat drop that is for that period of time. that sweat is a minor buff-generating item by itself, but also tradeable for desirable limited time only items. every day of the event, another item is added, so it's exciting to look for the right moment in time to spend your sweat.

hence, even newbies can make some profit by selling those items to other players. one certain other mmo I played handled its event system exactly like this, and it was ridiculously exciting to watch for dynamic market fluctuations created by the dual usability of the buff-generating item.

-) same system could also be used with tree harvesting in place of sweating. very easy to make a task barely any people do very exciting and desirable instantly

Please don't give ma ideas

don't give them ideas for something that is fun and incorporates ALL players instead of only the high rollers... why???

events themselves need a Major overhaul!

in other games, events are for EVERYBODY. high rollers compete for the prizes, that is ok, but low level players still should be encouraged to participate!

solution: make events not only for hunting!

Considering you're so supportive of event ideas that allow ALL to compete on an even keel, and not ONLY for hunters, I wonder why you (and evidently almost everyone else) didn't find this treasure hunt idea worthy of consideration or even a comment? :scratch2:

Right now the events system works like this:

pay 25 ped to rent the land for half an hour -> rent goes to Calypso PP
income of the event goes to the landowner

It's logical that the rent should go to the landowner, since he owns the land. It's also logical the the income of the event should go to the event creator.

This change will lead to a new job: The event creator. Because the income of the event goes to the event creator, there will be way more events created, Which gives a big boost to activity on Calypso (or another planet with landareas).

It only has winners:

- the event creator wins, because he earns the income of the event
- the landowner wins, because he gets rent per half hour of his land rented. If a landowner makes more than 25 ped per half hour, the landowner can simply set his event creation to private.
-Calypso PP wins, because right now there are a handful events created, for which they get the rent, they still get the money from the event creation and it's likely a lot more events will created, which will be around the same income, and more events means more people will want to hunt on Calypso, because there's always something going on.

The players win as well:
We get events with prizes incentivized by what we make the event creator, so we will tell our friends in order to generate bigger prizes. Our economy burns limited items during these events heavily, and thus that raises the markup on them when they drop. That means more people can sustain burning more peds, as markups will be highest. Why will they be higher? More content! :yay:

I have a HUUUUUGE question:
There are for example 1000 active players on Calypso. And I presume they are not stupid. So then what will stop them from just creating events to get basically free ped? And who will sign for their events when all the players create events and nothing more? And instead selling stuff the alts in Twin Peaks (which as we all know, does not exists because they are not allowed) will sell events.

There are for example 1000 active players on Calypso. And I presume they are not stupid. So then what will stop them from just creating events to get basically free ped? And who will sign for their events when all the players create events and nothing more? And instead selling stuff the alts in Twin Peaks (which as we all know, does not exists because they are not allowed) will sell events.

To many events at same time, not enough hunters.
Income of a event where only 2-3 players participate, can´t cover the creation cost nor the prizes.

Beside the creation cost itselfs, the creator has to pay the prizes, too.

When I did event promotion, we needed to have at least 20 participants at the event cycling around 250-300 PED / hour to cover the cost of the event.
If we have less than that number participants, some of them needs to hit outstanding big (more tax) to cover the costs for the event, but that rarly happend, so if less than 20 we normally lost on that event.

Alternative:
Event creator can set a fee that have to be paid to participate. This fee goes to event creator (current state of event system). If the balancing is right, the fee can cover a good part of the event costs, but if set to high, not enough participants will join and you still can end in a loss.

As event system is now, a non landowner creating an event has to set fee that high, that it covers creation cost + prizes.

Example:
Create an event with total prize value 250 PED + 50 PED creation cost. Set fee to 10 PED, needs 30 participants to cover the cost of the event for the event creator.
Nobody does it, because you rarly get enough hunters to get out at break even.
For LA owners its better, they get the tax from the PED cycled during the event, thats why LA owner can even offer free event. Thats impossible for someone not owning the LA.

Spawns idea is generally good!
If event creator earns the tax, while LA owner only earns the rent for the LA, its easyer to break even for the event creator. More people will try to create nice events, even at LAs where normally no events happen.

A really good idea! + REP

I think this is a great idea--Obviously the devil is in the details but core idea is great and if implemented correctly is a big win for all.

I don't think I follow you on this:

The event organizer has to pay to create the event--In addition the event organizer would also have to put up the peds for the prizes to attract players and also either put in the time or the ped to advertise the event. If nobody shows up to the event it will be a bust and they will not get the ped they "invested" into the event back. Landowner gets paid either way, Calypso PP gets paid either way--How do the players just create events and sit back and collect? How do you "Sell" an event--They do not have deeds, they are not transferable--you either create one or you don't.

I got the ticket fees (it wasn't a free event) via the ped flow center the last (and the only) time I "created" an event . I even got more than the event cost.

I short:

If one wants to run an event he has to take the (full) financial risk of running said event. The landowner already takes the financial risk by feeding its creatures an locking up quite a large amount of peds into obtaining said land area.

I do not see a reason why the tax generated by the event should go to the event organizer instead of the landower (given that both are different avatars).

You can mix this with an old idea of mine to make events more unique:
I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

I agree a need for change, but I think the statement italicised and bold needs some adjustment. I don't think landowners at all will like this one iota, but if you change this to some kind of percentage, I think it could work.

Landowners make the bulk of their money from mob loots, rent for events is small fry. Take away the revenue from mobs for a landowner, and literally all they will get (in a lot of LA's) is the rent for the event and then nothing else as everyone "foxtrot oscars" after the event.

I think Slither has a nice addition to this with the L dna and being able to mix things up.

AkiranBlade also makes a valid point for the LA owner returns--They DO need to be protected so the return on the LA at least remains some what constant or both the LA values will fall and/or current owners will be out even more additional peds for the upkeep/maintenance of the LA--Basically if they are paying for the fertilizer/dna and land upgrades they MUST get some of the returns to cover these expenses. I think a fair solution is to allow the LA owner to select a portion of the tax to go to the event organizer as incentive to up the game on events. So the event would have a tax of say 4% with 1% going to Event organizer and 3% to LA owner--this should be a variable allowing the LA owner to decide and agree upon with the EO on a fair distribution.

Gandolf Losi

Considering you're so supportive of event ideas that allow ALL to compete on an even keel, and not ONLY for hunters, I wonder why you (and evidently almost everyone else) didn't find this treasure hunt idea worthy of consideration or even a comment? :scratch2:

cause I didn't see it. I'll have a look later

I agree a need for change, but I think the statement italicised and bold needs some adjustment. I don't think landowners at all will like this one iota, but if you change this to some kind of percentage, I think it could work.

Landowners make the bulk of their money from mob loots, rent for events is small fry. Take away the revenue from mobs for a landowner, and literally all they will get (in a lot of LA's) is the rent for the event and then nothing else as everyone "foxtrot oscars" after the event.

Devil in the details, well share the TAX during event between LA owner and Event organizer 50:50 -- all happy :)

Devil in the details, well share the TAX during event between LA owner and Event organizer 50:50 -- all happy :)

On the other side, some LAs offer events where globals count, calculated on tax collected with globals, giving 50% to the Event organizer, could make LA owners calculation obsolete.

Still not a big issue, as LA owner always has the option to set event creation to private, so noone but the LA owner himself can set up events at his area.

Edit: Sorry for doublepost, quoted myself instead editing last post -- shit happens :)

Don't forget there are plenty of landareas out there that currently do not have any events at all.. because they rely on miners, or they don't have much time to manage their land.
And they get 50 peds rent for an hour of an event held on their land. For 24 hours of event held at that land they get 1200 ped. I agree that a slider for event management could be set to 50/50 or 40/60. And the landowner still has the possibility to set events to private.

Back