An alternative to the currently proposed paid teleporter system - coloniation and settlement

hottygurl

Dominant
Society
There is no Random - VR Political Activist
Shadowfire Hottygurl Of The Phoenix
I have a proposition I would like feedback on for the implementation of a system that benefits all aspects of the game at once, and provides an opportunity for virtual jobs.

The concept of this is to prevent current content from being taxed with a teleporter system that we have to pay for, but at the same time it brings incentive to Mindark to develop new content for us at a regular pace, which requires money. Without that money, they have to dip into the loot of everyone, instead of just the pockets of those interested in exploring the content and bringing it to you at the sacrifice of themselves!

All healthy economies are based off a source(way items are created) and a sink(a destination for the items that players wish to trade these items for to obtain a reward from).

On each planet, and in dangerous remote locations in space cordoned off by dangerous spacial phenomena that can destroy flying vehicles(damaging their TT), new content is added that focuses on the following new types of lootables:
1) Lootable jewelery components, the components of the jewelery at creation being used to determine the end traits.(Combination system expansion)
- I suggest 1 time use jewels like pills, as well as limited and very rare unlimited jewelery.
2) Lootable new supplies used to turn in for daily 'find the loot' missions, which could reward items like skill pills(new idea, edited 4/28 ~ 4/28. Removed monthly tp pass idea(credit fifth and others)
3) New minable resources to add 'skill increase rate' enhancers to all known professions.
4) Social expansions that are character bound on activation to earn boosts which grow our character: Increased carrying slot number, increased planetary storage, increased carrying weight, increased auction slot count. If we have an unlimited number of slots for (L) upgrades, and a limited number of slots for UL upgrades, it could balance the economy.
5) Items to expand how many of the above social expansions you can have on your character. Make it infinite, but character bound. You have to earn them yourself.
6) New components required to build (L) attachments that burn very common materials in bulk, and dramatically transform how a weapon's cost is calculated. Shifting 75% amp decay onto the base weapon(great if you have a UL weapon), shifting 75% gun decay onto the amp(great if you have a UL high TT amp and normal weapon), or shifting 75% of the decay of an amp or gun on to the ammo burn for a given item could all be great economic opportunities to play in the real of markup, where the attachment may decay at TT 0.001 per click, but save us at markup 0.005.

-In these remote locations, have mobs attack all vehicles
-Players can build a teleporter, those who paid 100TT each to build the teleporter to an NPC get a deed that shares revenue of this new continent via a land area tax.
-Periodically(lets say every 6 months or so), mobs will invade random teleporters and attempt to take them offline for a day. Players will have to re-invade the teleporter in a wave spawn style event which allows us to use vehicles in combat against the boss mobs.(idea edited 4/28 to use vehicles against boss mobs to decay them)

Finally, whenever an invasion event goes off, half of mindark's share gets contributed to a pool which goes to pay defenders of the teleporter if they succeed in heading off the attack within the time period. If the defense force fails, it goes into a global pool that can trigger a 'hof' payout to those who participated, all of it paid out in rare item TT value used for advertisement(ESI, unlimited versions of various weapons(longblades with high TT and high market value, high tt super unique scopes/lasers/etc.)<updated 4/28>

I've established a healthy system I feel, with a source and sink for each item, where all items are continually used up so new drops are always going to be needed.

As a side note, concerning DoA's post that was closed regarding what Neverdie is attempting to accomplish...
I feel he is trying to create a way where people are able to sustain themselves easier and experience a wider variety of content to appeal to all types, where you can pick and choose what you do. I only feel it is off base with economics because the players cannot be paying their own salaries or it is just a sham!
He wishes for the ubers to fuel the noobers it seems from discussions, but unfortunately it has to be mindark easing up on all of us in order for any of us to survive in order to help noobs, and mindark has to be paying us back too out of the enormous amount of !!!! we experience. It seems to be a muddled mess between ideas meant to help, and perhaps Mindark pressuring him in multiple ways has driven him to think in only dollar signs when he pushed the idea out.
- Feel free to discuss this as well.

Last edited:
I would literally uninstall that game immediately.

The only sensible alternative to charging to use teleporters is to not charge to use teleporters.

Also, there is really no need for dozens of threads on the same subject.

Last edited:
I would literally uninstall that game immediately.

You provide no contribution with this comment. We cannot get bug fixes or even new content if there is no money to be had without squeezing our ped cards(which causes lower volume of peds to flow, and increases cost in a vicious cycle). MA themselves wishes to fix that by expanding content, their current motion for years demonstrates it well(mission additions, space and upcoming space revision). They have given us a president instead of nobody, which is a small bit of progress because everyone already accepts he is easier to talk to than mindark themselves!

The only sensible alternative to charging to use teleporters is to not charge to use teleporters.

The key is incentivizing content and providing new methods to give us a system we can use that DOES NOT increase our cost to play unless you simply do not contribute tp the universe(like your post did). The key is we need to play an active roll in shaping this, and must give it a bit of a chance as there are going to be growing pains and people will get angry. We need to atleast see what their response to the outrage is, and keep our mind open to what creates a healthier atmosphere with less gambling.

It is a pay to play universe. You either pay on the TT and pay thousands per month, or we can work on a way that establishes variety of content for all types and all wallets. Skilling up should not necessarily mean you have to lose your ass off more and more until you can afford a gun the cost of a new car.
Not interested in fighting to settle new lands? DONT participate in it, and thus don't detract from a discussion with the very low bar of providing constructive criticism and reasoning behind your statements in order for other people to reflect on it. Nobody is taxing the regular teleporters in this system proposed here, and the money is going back to the player base to fuel the fight over the teleporters, an in game system. The purpose of this system would be to give a contained system that won't fuck up the universe in which Mindark can implement their ideas in a way they believe interests us, we can reflect on and help them shape, and then we can vote with our dollar.

Last edited:
Also as a note, you likely didn't even read the post and simply came here to post a one line with zero constructiveness just to inflate your post count further. The key is incentivizing content and providing new methods to give us a system we can use that DOES NOT increase our cost to play unless you simply do not contribute tp the universe(like your post did).

I couldn't give a shit about my post count. I'm not the one that's made multiple threads on the same subject.

If you want sensible discussion and for people to listen to your point of view, make one post in which you express your view succinctly. All you're doing now is fragmenting discussion and making posts that no-one will read because they're way too long.

Post #3 in this thread is a good example of how to do this.

You provide no contribution. You would uninstall, but you don't ever think how we are supposed to get new content developed on a regular basis with new things for us to do. Matter of fact you don't even contribute to the discussion, so please. The doors that way, I encourage you.

I provide lots, ta.

What I don't like is having to read an a4 page of poorly thought out ideas which turn entropia into a completely different game, introduce yet more charges and make everything grind to a halt.

Ah, I want to go hunt Ambul at Nea's - I'll just get together the assault force needed to take down the robots at the TP, organise the deeds between my friends, plan the tax, buy some buffs for storage, buy some ME so I can run the buffs, pay a teleportation fee, and then get to Nea's.

You know what? I can't be fucking arsed to hunt Ambul anymore.

Yeah, it's that simple. We don't have to provide alternatives.

Have seen a game die from very similar rash decisions before. There's really no need to go through this ordeal once more.

Your ideas sound interesting, but rather vague and hard to implement and also change the game too much.

How I would rewrite them would be something like that:
- have a "TP sketch" item which anyone can place anywhere on the map and which acts as a "quest giver" (it should have a high enough cost - like 1,000 PED, and eventually come from web shop to prevent abuses);
- it will then require a number of resources, summing up to about your suggested value of 50,000 PED or so (think that is the price a LA owner has to pay now to MA to have a TP on their LA), which everyone can contribute to via the "quest interface" from the sketch "NPC";
- the "quest" reward would be a "TP deed" which would be rewarded once a player has donated 100 PED worth of materials towards the building of the new TP (just the kind of deeds that ND wants to sell via the shop);
- when all materials were donated, the "TP sketch" transforms in a fully functional TP and it obviously also stops working as a quest giver;
- if a "TP sketch" is not completed within a reasonable amount of times (three months?) it just vanishes.

This way:
- we would get new TPs in locations we choose via either a community effort or a large investment from a LA owner (doesn't costs MA anything);
- we would also "buy" deeds this way and MA will still get their $10 per deed (well, not really, but deduct $10 worth of PED mass / liability);
- there would be some MU increase on required materials, which could only help the economy;
- it pretty much only uses already existing in-game mechanics / prices, so not like it would require much effort to implement;
- it's just a minor change/addition to ND's idea, not a complete revamp, so more likely to be implemented.

Further more:
- any TP (either newly build or already existing) could still act as a quest giver and give a mission to buy "subscriptions" (30 PED / month, 180 PED / year) to freely use that TP for the subscription time;
- alternatively or in addition, any TP (either newly build or already existing) could still act as a quest giver and give a one-time mission to buy "life time access" (based on preview prices, valued at about 900 PED) to freely use that TP for ever;
- eventually, once a TP generated enough revenue (let's say 500,000 PED), either via subscriptions or life time fees from the community, it's usage fee for normal users could get halved) as a way to give back to the community.

Last edited:

blah blah blah

No, just no.

There are many here, like me, who would be perfectly happy to see the game reverted back to the 2005 version. We don't want anymore moronic broken content development. We want the old game back that worked the way the old game worked, except for all the CTD, lag and other technical issues. Since we probably won't get that, all we want from MA is to fix broken shit and quit wasting their time and resources giving us more broken shit.

Now take your own advice and take all these stupid ideas and go away.

I provide lots, ta.

What I don't like is having to read an a4 page of poorly thought out ideas which turn entropia into a completely different game, introduce yet more charges and make everything grind to a halt.

Ah, I want to go hunt Ambul at Nea's - I'll just get together the assault force needed to take down the robots at the TP, organise the deeds between my friends, plan the tax, buy some buffs for storage, buy some ME so I can run the buffs, pay a teleportation fee, and then get to Nea's.

You know what? I can't be fucking arsed to hunt Ambul anymore.

You very clearly did not read. That would NEVER be the order to anything anyone would ever do with what I proposed. Sad sad sad.
If you want to hunt Ambu at neas, well sad day for you for 24 hours out of every 1-6 months. There was NOTHING about organizing deeds between your friends or planning tax at all, you clearly didn't read, as expected, once again. It must be challenging. Your participation resulted in you getting a deed, or you could do without. Same loot as a land area. No discussions needed with your friends, no need to know anyone as the mobs would be shared loot. No team needed even you can ignore everyone and solo away if you wish.
Mind essence was for relation to owning an appartment or other similar property already, a benefit from owning furnature which has TT. People complain about furniture sitting on TT but having no use, so here is a use people. It fixes a source problem with the provision of a sink for TT to go into. Stop dragging oranges into the apples bin to try to make your argument.

If you can't read, don't post. As questions, demand clarification, not just take the lazy route of blind bashing. DoA is a prime example of someone, and people evolve their ideas not by bashing and being closed minded assholes, but by sharing ideas, reflecting, and changing what they think through interaction with others. If you purely want a solo experience in a MMO virtual universe, you are simply a hermit trying to avoid pressures of modern society, and it is our duty to accomodate you too! The majority must have their content as well though, you do not decide the needs of the many saying furniture cannot be put to a creative use to utilize its tt, same with owning an estate.

Last edited:
No, just no.

There are many here, like me, who would be perfectly happy to see the game reverted back to the 2005 version. We don't want anymore moronic broken content development. We want the old game back that worked the way the old game worked, except for all the CTD, lag and other technical issues. Since we probably won't get that, all we want from MA is to fix broken shit and quit wasting their time and resources giving us more broken shit.

Now take your own advice and take all these stupid ideas and go away.

You live in a dream world, much like the hermits of old fled the pressure of modern society. For our payment, we demand more and new content which requires that to be paid for, but we also require that the demand on our ped flow be reduced. There has to be something that gives somewhere.
Nobody would play the 2005 game, that's a flat out bald faced embarrassment of a lie. There were NO iron challenges, and it was a game where people who got in first skilled up first and oppressed everyone else in order to keep their profit margin and withdraw. A pyramid scheme. There were no beginner missions so instead of the high retention and depositer rate we have right now(I've grown to nearly 80 people this month, active and depositing), it was difficult to find anyone and the likes of 'FreePedSociety' and such came to light. It was a sad day with ALMOST 10 YEARS OF CONTENT STAGNATION that was the game fall from the sky, stop lying to yourself. We had no variety of content, it was boring boring boring. All mobs were the same, no regen differences, and the game didn't follow basic economics of a source for all items requiring a sink for them to disappear into, which they are working to correct.
Your ignorance on this issue is astounding.

Yeah, it's that simple. We don't have to provide alternatives.

Have seen a game die from very similar rash decisions before. There's really no need to go through this ordeal once more.

Well here is an alternative our community has widely supported in the past when we were not greed driven, specifically during 'great old 2005'....
Towns have free teleportation. Outposts in the remote areas gain teleporters, we can pay sweat to teleport to them instead in order to help fuel the newcomer economy. Problem solved, and *gasp* an alternative.

We do provide alternatives. Idiots raised in an extremist society don't.

I believe there are a few working TP's in this game that are currently working only if u pay with sweat. Haven't used em for a while but they should be still there.
We do provide alternatives. Idiots raised in an extremist society don't.
Now I'm lost. I can see your extremely busy with providing alternatives. A strange hobby perhaps or whatever.
It's just I don't understand why you expext everyone else to do the same?

Maybe it's a different cultural background indeed... :scratch2:

In my country when somebody tries to sell me a dead horse I say no thankyou (assuming I'm trying to be polite).

I get it in your culture it's prolly customary to haggle, like:
No way, the horse smells funny! Throw in a dead cat and we have deal!
Something like that?

You live in a dream world

This is more like nightmare world, if it was my dreamworld, people like you wouldn't exist.

I never demanded new content. I just wanted them to fix broken shit. People like you demand more new broken shit. That's your problem. Now I have to deal with your broken shit. Don't make your problems my problems. I am not paying to play a game full of your problems.

And yes, since you brought it up in your negrep; "childish. you're clearly american", I am American. I don't know what that has to do with anything we are writing about here, but if you don't like Americans, feel free to go take a long walk off a short pier.

I believe there are a few working TP's in this game that are currently working only if u pay with sweat. Haven't used em for a while but they should be still there.
Now I'm lost. I can see your extremely busy with providing alternatives. A strange hobby perhaps or whatever.
It's just I don't understand why you expext everyone else to do the same?

Maybe it's a different cultural background indeed... :scratch2:

In my country when somebody tries to sell me a dead horse I say no thankyou (assuming I'm trying to be polite).

I get it in your culture it's prolly customary to haggle, like:
No way, the horse smells funny! Throw in a dead cat and we have deal!
Something like that?

No, the appropriate haggle for a dead horse would be 'pay me $5 and I'll take it' since receiving it is a negative. Seriously.
It's understanding which side of a deal is the benefiting side and which side is penalized that determine HOW you haggle. If the other side says 'no I sell YOU a dead horse for $5' you frankly should probably be a little more....'physically direct'.

This is more like nightmare world, if it was my dreamworld, people like you wouldn't exist.

I never demanded new content. I just wanted them to fix broken shit. People like you demand more new broken shit. That's your problem. Now I have to deal with your broken shit. Don't make your problems my problems. I am not paying to play a game full of your problems.

And yes, since you brought it up in your negrep; "childish. you're clearly american", I am American. I don't know what that has to do with anything we are writing about here, but if you don't like Americans, feel free to go take a long walk off a short pier.

Now on to this moronic post. In order to keep interest of those who exist, and to keep us paying, we need to have constant expansion of what is available. This does not mean that this content has to be mandatory for ANYONE to participate in. Paying for the same thing over and over leads to stagnation, and we had 10 YEARS of stagnation that meant most the playerbase that was around when I joined in 2003 is certainly not around because nothing changed and nothing was evolved.
You like to attribute things to 'people like me', a childish snotty finger in the direction of someone you see as 'the bad one who shouldn't exist' but prove your lack of wisdom and immaturity. The problem lies in the fact shit is implemented in two forms:
a) Tthe shit is FORCED on everyone(arbitrary tp fee of 1 ped or more proposed) which is why I proposed a system where a set of new content(you said you don't want to partake already since you want things to stay the same, my argument exactly) utilizes the different way of doing things, instead of everything being the same and YOUR way being forced on me. Both can coexist, which is proper in a virtual universe, unless you cannot accept anyone existing that is not exactly like yourself.
b) Time and time again we do not have any way to have our opinions heard, for mindark to listen, so things were done WRONG. They gave us a president now, who IS listening and adapting and evolving and thinking things over, but you don't even give 24 hours for anything to be thought over or done! It's just useless extremism, which is the cause of instability and destruction. He proposed a bad idea, now EVERYONE has the responsibility to bring up good ideas, to defend the fact that change that some people want should not be forced on everyone. It's a normal process of development in the software model where there is feedback from the customers, just in a light shaded heavily towards advertisement which brings more people in to our world. This lessens the cost each person has to bear for mindark to be healthy, and lessens what they have to take.

New content brings new money and new people in to the game, and keeps it a new game without screwing up the old. All can coexist if we all put in a minor bit of effort to make sure things are voiced in all directions and we keep things so people can criticize and evolve their ideas instead of just bitching. The new money brings fixing of bugs and paying of staff you so dearly want, but if there is no money and you old way people just get a static game....
NOTHING HAPPENS WHICH IS WHAT WAS DEFACTO FOR 10+ YEARS.

Last edited:
No, the appropriate haggle for a dead horse would be 'pay me $5 and I'll take it' since receiving it is a negative. Seriously.
It's understanding which side of a deal is the benefiting side and which side is penalized that determine HOW you haggle. If the other side says 'no I sell YOU a dead horse for $5' you frankly should probably be a little more....'physically direct'.

So how much is the dead horse? Can I buy the dead cat separate or is it a bundle deal only?
Assuming a smelly horse costs more--How smelly is this horse and will the smell increase with time or decrease?

Smile people :laugh:

So how much is the dead horse? Can I buy the dead cat separate or is it a bundle deal only?
Assuming a smelly horse costs more--How smelly is this horse and will the smell increase with time or decrease?

Smile people :laugh:

Well since we're getting a dead horse of having to pay out own salaries and 75% tax on that being punitively proposed to us going to 'the man'.....
I think 75% decrease of our loss at TT to cycle ped for the average person would be an appropriate counter offer if they want to implement that as it is :laugh:

Would be better to create new content people have choice do they want it or not then to force everyone to pay a teleport fee of 1 ped no matter can they afford it or not. I spent great deal of time wandering and traveling in first months I was playing no way would I have done that if compelled to pay 1 ped each time I wanted to go somewhere.

#space_flight bringing space service providers together with travelers

Back