NEVERDIE : you are not my president !

This is like Tokelau (island state in South Pacific, population ~1000) organizing the elections for the President of the Planet Earth (total population 7+ billion). After elections we find out only a small percent of Tokelau's own citizens were aware there was elections. Even smaller percentage participated in elections because there was no voting booths on Tokelau, you had to go to the New Zealand to vote.

And then someone says hey the election was legit cuz I told few of my friends who live on New Zealand they should go cast a vote for me. Yeah I suppose that should do it.

Up next: elections for the President of the Milky Way Galaxy. Let's just make sure the green lizard aliens on Proxima Centaury don't get the wind of it.

Lol, best sum up I've read on here

Oh gosh!! Popped in and saw this. Did a bit of reading.

Wow. Just Wow :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is like Tokelau (island state in South Pacific, population ~1000) organizing the elections for the President of the Planet Earth (total population 7+ billion). After elections we find out only a small percent of Tokelau's own citizens were aware there was elections. Even smaller percentage participated in elections because there was no voting booths on Tokelau, you had to go to the New Zealand to vote.

And then someone says hey the election was legit cuz I told few of my friends who live on New Zealand they should go cast a vote for me. Yeah I suppose that should do it.

Up next: elections for the President of the Milky Way Galaxy. Let's just make sure the green lizard aliens on Proxima Centaury don't get the wind of it.

Couldn't agree more!

I absolutely agree with you here, not DoA, on this matter. I have mentioned several times that Douglas Adams would have had a field day on this if he were still alive (or at least I've mentioned comparisons several times). I'd also never questioned how Zaphod got his title, but we know in the book that he stole the ship he was supposed to be launching.....

I also think that DoA is right a lot of the time, but that this is an unfortunate bout of being blinded by whatever essense it is being oozed here. From one person who takes being right quite seriously and carefully considers the thoughts of others they have grown to respect: DoA, you're wrong on this one.

No harm taken, I respect your POV, but I still think I am right.

1) Ignorantia legis neminem excusat or, as Aristotle said, nemo censetur ignorare legem

The elections were announced public and officially with months in advances, so whoever was interested to participate (either as a candidate or as a voter) had the chance to do so; whoever chosen the ignorance path was not punished in any way, but he just forfeit his or her chance to change the vote results.

2) Is not ND's fault there were no other candidates

Yes, I hate elections with one candidate just as much as you do (and living in a country that was for a few decades under a dictatorial regime only makes me hate it even more), but, as I said a couple of times, is not ND's fault that nobody put their money where their mouth was and run for the office. Sure, anyone can say that they were not willing to risk $1,000 of their own money and their own time to do an unpaid job for four years, and that is totally understandable. But is simply not his fault that no one else decided to take part in the competition.

3) In-game votes vs Facebook votes and whatever

When you organize some form of online voting process there are two main things you have to take care about:
- maximize the number of legit people that can vote
- minimize the number of fake / duplicate votes

The Facebook voting (allowing only people having an account which was at least one year old) may have not been perfect from the first point of view, but for sure disallowed a mass process of fraud by fake / automated creating new accounts after the elections were announced. If you would ask me, I would have preferred to allow to vote only those people that have announced their intention to vote in advance and who have uploaded a scanned photo of their ID cards to prove their (unique) identity, but between in-game votes and on-Facebook votes, I personally think that the second one was a better option.

4) Neverdie title is not affecting you

Also, as I said a few more times, Neverdie's title may be fancy and he may have a virtual (or maybe even real) coin with his face on it, but truth being said he has absolutely no executive power; I just checked EULA / TOS again and there is not a single mention about the President of the Virtual Reality.

So yeah, sure, he may come up with some suggestions (like we all do), he may have a direct line with MA's board because of his title (but, let's be honest, he had that already as a PP), but, in the end, is MA's decision if they choose to implement them or not; it's not like MA is obliged to execute whatever idea ND comes up with.

Going one step farther, ND is now (one of the) "president(s) of Virtual Reality"; each game developer (including MA!) has the right to recognize his position or not (no one is obligated to do so). If we look back in the history, there were tons of interstatal organizations and tons of somehow similar titles; some died, some survived with the same members and some flourished and managed to attract new members. Of course, if someones decide to elect now the President of Planet Earth, other countries have no obligation to recognize him, but if the US, or, why not, Tokelau government decides to recognize him, that's totally fine.

So, really, give the guy a break.

He did paid the entry fee and run in elections (as they were, better or worse) and he was the only one to do so. If they could have been organized better, point fingers at MA, not at ND - he played by the rules (as they were, better or worse) and won fair and square.

He does try to come up with ideas to save and improve Entropia Universe - he may be delusional at time, but for sure he does want what's the best for the game; think at this like this, if EU/MA goes belly up, we lost a game and maybe a few hundred or thousands dollars we have invested in it, but he loses everything - his job, his business and even his beeping title.

I don't say to blindly accept his ideas and not criticize (even I did criticized certain points of them), but don't fall in the other extreme and blindly criticize everything... what I keep lobbying for (and yeah, I hereby admit that what I do officially falls under lobbying definition) is not to accept his idea as proposed, but to analyze it with an open mind and try to come with constructive ideas about how we can (if we can) make it better.

Last edited:
He did paid the entry fee and run in elections (as they were, better or worse) and he was the only one to do so. If they could have been organized better, point fingers at MA, not at ND - he played by the rules (as they were, better or worse) and won fair and square.

And we told you, being so new, that ND more or less works for MA. On top of that who wouldn't say that I would have been in the elections? I did submit my email to get more information about it. Yet MA never did send me any information.

(I am still working to get that Cape)

Also one funny side note when I did bring this up to ND he slipped and said that he never got my email.

Now, yes please go on. :)

I stumbled upon a video from 2011:

Note 'Master of the Universe' at ~0:57.

Once upon a VU, there were voting booths on Planet Calypso.

Once upon a VU, there were voting booths on Planet Calypso.

Everyone talks about voting booths, but even if they were back, and even if they were used, would any of you really trust results coming from MA? :laugh:

Everyone talks about voting booths, but even if they were back, and even if they were used, would any of you really trust results coming from MA? :laugh:
Take the situation we're in right now - we have about 60-70 ppl here on the forum who express their attitude. Compared to the ~5k active players it's just a tiny fraction, making it so much easier for the MA decisiomakers to dismiss it as a "loud minority".
If over half of the players would cast their vote against, this sends a pretty clear message that would be much harder to dismiss. Wouldn't give us any guarantees but might at least make em think twice.

Or alternatively say there were players on the forum asking for the change but not saying how many were against it.

Cherry picking results when you only look at the ones who agree with you will always give the best end result ;)

Last edited:
No harm taken, I respect your POV, but I still think I am right.

1) Ignorantia legis neminem excusat or, as Aristotle said, nemo censetur ignorare legem

The elections were announced public and officially with months in advances, so whoever was interested to participate (either as a candidate or as a voter) had the chance to do so; whoever chosen the ignorance path was not punished in any way, but he just forfeit his or her chance to change the vote results.

2) Is not ND's fault there were no other candidates

Yes, I hate elections with one candidate just as much as you do (and living in a country that was for a few decades under a dictatorial regime only makes me hate it even more), but, as I said a couple of times, is not ND's fault that nobody put their money where their mouth was and run for the office. Sure, anyone can say that they were not willing to risk $1,000 of their own money and their own time to do an unpaid job for four years, and that is totally understandable. But is simply not his fault that no one else decided to take part in the competition.

3) In-game votes vs Facebook votes and whatever

When you organize some form of online voting process there are two main things you have to take care about:
- maximize the number of legit people that can vote
- minimize the number of fake / duplicate votes

The Facebook voting (allowing only people having an account which was at least one year old) may have not been perfect from the first point of view, but for sure disallowed a mass process of fraud by fake / automated creating new accounts after the elections were announced. If you would ask me, I would have preferred to allow to vote only those people that have announced their intention to vote in advance and who have uploaded a scanned photo of their ID cards to prove their (unique) identity, but between in-game votes and on-Facebook votes, I personally think that the second one was a better option.

4) Neverdie title is not affecting you

Also, as I said a few more times, Neverdie's title may be fancy and he may have a virtual (or maybe even real) coin with his face on it, but truth being said he has absolutely no executive power; I just checked EULA / TOS again and there is not a single mention about the President of the Virtual Reality.

So yeah, sure, he may come up with some suggestions (like we all do), he may have a direct line with MA's board because of his title (but, let's be honest, he had that already as a PP), but, in the end, is MA's decision if they choose to implement them or not; it's not like MA is obliged to execute whatever idea ND comes up with.

Going one step farther, ND is now (one of the) "president(s) of Virtual Reality"; each game developer (including MA!) has the right to recognize his position or not (no one is obligated to do so). If we look back in the history, there were tons of interstatal organizations and tons of somehow similar titles; some died, some survived with the same members and some flourished and managed to attract new members. Of course, if someones decide to elect now the President of Planet Earth, other countries have no obligation to recognize him, but if the US, or, why not, Tokelau government decides to recognize him, that's totally fine.

So, really, give the guy a break.

He does try to come up with ideas to save and improve Entropia Universe - he may be delusional at time, but for sure he does want what's the best for the game; think at this like this, if EU/MA goes belly up, we lost a game and maybe a few hundred or thousands dollars we have invested in it, but he loses everything - his job, his business and even his beeping title.

I don't say to blindly accept his ideas and not criticize (even I did criticized certain points of them), but don't fall in the other extreme and blindly criticize everything... what I keep lobbying for (and yeah, I hereby admit that what I do officially falls under lobbying definition) is not to accept his idea as proposed, but to analyze it with an open mind and try to come with constructive ideas about how we can (if we can) make it better.
No.
Stated concisely: NEVERDIE has no mandate from the community to be its president. A self titled "President" with no mandate from his alleged "constituents" amounts to a sort of court jester, and this election was nothing more than a farce.

To trust in results on voting booths (terminals) was my minor problem - almost insignificant in confront of my real problem.
Real problem was about what you vote and who decide what will be put on voting terminal for voting.
You had to choose and give development precedence with slider one of 3 proposed ideas which will be implemented in future. You could not set 0 % to all proposed ideas - ie if you put first and second to 0% that automatically mean that last one get 100% of your votes.
You didn't have any possibility to vote against all 3 choices if those were perceived harmful or against your wishes.
You ended to vote and give development precedence for option which seemed less harmful.
I perceived voting booths/terminals and voting system as an abuse and dictatorship.

Here is an exaggerated example how things work where you cant say NO to an idea:
Please vote
1. 100 ped monthly fee for storage usage.
2. 200 ped monthly fee for storage usage.
3. only 1 ped fee per use.

As you can see there is no option 4. I don't want storage fee.

*if I remember right once we had to vote between day/night, space and PVP/PKing and all three options were against my whishes

Last edited:
No.
Stated concisely: NEVERDIE has no mandate from the community to be its president. A self titled "President" with no mandate from his alleged "constituents" amounts to a sort of court jester, and this election was nothing more than a farce.

He's right.....

Back