TP Fee: History Repeats on Forum?

Status

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
OK, so I did a quick search for prior "requests" to instigate TP fees ingame. I came across only one thread here.

The funny part? Seems out of the ashes of that doomed thread came two others, one of which has an ironic thread title, considering the circumstances.

I will be the very first president of EU!

For the record, the other thread was this one, where he acknowledged is was a BAAAAAD idea. Guess: How many -reps did I get with the "we want a teleporter" thread? Winner gets prize

I'm just sayin'. :wise:

As for the tp fee itself, it's poorly thought out, and some of you are getting trapped into negotiating how much the fee should be, and missing the fact that no matter how low, it's bad, bad bad.
  • N00bies with low amounts of money
  • Players using FOMA/HELL/Etc. places that can ONLY be reached/escaped via TPs
  • Fees on TPs that were already sold to LA owners, thus reducing the benefit to LA owners

So, SO many things wrong here.

OK, so I did a quick search for prior "requests" to instigate TP fees ingame. I came across only one thread here.

The funny part? Seems out of the ashes of that doomed thread came two others, one of which has an ironic thread title, considering the circumstances.

I will be the very first president of EU!

For the record, the other thread was this one, where he acknowledged is was a BAAAAAD idea. Guess: How many -reps did I get with the "we want a teleporter" thread? Winner gets prize

I'm just sayin'. :wise:

As for the tp fee itself, it's poorly thought out, and some of you are getting trapped into negotiating how much the fee should be, and missing the fact that no matter how low, it's bad, bad bad.
  • Fees on TPs that were already sold to LA owners, thus reducing the benefit to LA owners

We really need MA to step in here NOW. I'm speechless as of this point not sure what to do.

We really need MA to step in here NOW. I'm speechless as of this point not sure what to do.

Actually we kinda have an (unofficial, true) answer from MA (which I fully endorse):

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, please see that this is a post from Neverdie and not MindArk, we will have further discussions with him, and of course nothing has been decided and would certainly not be decided without the feedback of the users.

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

If you also look at other games there are Teleportation fees, additionally compared to using your vehicles which are now more expensive than instantly traveling with Teleporters as well.

If anything we would like to see some of the older times come back when you had to navigate through outposts and use your vehicles a bit more as they are there for a reason but as stated above all feedback will considered carefully should anything like this be implemented in the future which is not yet decided.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

^ if this logic and behavior is the future of EU.. show me the exit.

This gets funnier and funnier

However keep in mind that you the players have suggested this in the past, to for example use Sweat for fee to the Teleporters which will drive up sweat prices, you the players wanted that and have suggested it multiple times of course someone will pick up on that.

Every noob who posts on the forum thinks up some new whacky cool way to spend sweat and drive up the price.

Who the fuck let all the bad idea fairies out?

Someone needs to make them a mob let people go kill them.

Actually we kinda have an (unofficial, true) answer from MA (which I fully endorse):

Thank you. Sad days ahead.

Thank you. Sad days ahead.

Depends of perspective; for myself I look with excitement at the days where through conscription or sweat selling I'll be able to make more than 1 PED per hour. :)

As I see it, this is a way to redistribute some of big depositors / rich people (who have more money than time) money towards the no/small depositors / new people (who have more time than money), and as someone who falls under the second category is quite obviously that I'm fully behind the idea.

PS: You're welcome!

Last edited:
Depends of perspective; for myself I look with excitement at the days where through conscription or sweat selling I'll be able to make more than 1 PED per hour. :)

I ask you how? Remember as more and more depositors leave the game sweat values will go down more and more. But yes I know. Not worth debating it. You may get your subscription based EU soon enough.

DoA says she's leaving the game then a week later she's the lapdog of an unelected megalomaniac. Time to leave the forum for a while, some people make me want to throw up (although I'll probably be back in 10mins :laugh:)

As I see it, this is a way to redistribute some of big depositors / rich people (who have more money than time) money towards the no/small depositors / new people (who have more time than money), and as someone who falls under the second category is quite obviously that I'm fully behind this idea.

Much more talk about redistributing my deposits like this and this depositor will exit stage left. I am not depositing to support fucking freeloading sweaters, or anybody else.

The point is noobies wont have low amounts of money because they will all be earning $1 and hour and later $10 an hour... They will probably be better off than most of us :laugh:.

They will complete tutorial island and jump straight into a job. Think of back when sweat was 1 pec a bottle (even when it was 1.5-2 pec a bottle) we all paid for it if we wanted to use our tp chips and that was before cars. Now sweat is cheap, how much ped have we saved over the last few years buying cheap ME or replacing tp chips with cheap oil?

We shouldn't kill the idea before it has been discussed. ND has pointed a direction but there seems to be some scope as to how we will get there.

I'm sticking with:

"Fade for President" !!!

DoA says she's leaving the game then a week later she's the lapdog of an unelected megalomaniac. Time to leave the forum for a while, some people make me want to throw up (although I'll probably be back in 10mins :laugh:)

That's a pure lie!

Show me a single place where I said I even consider leaving the game (not leaving the forums) and not one week back, but anytime during this year and I'll do and say ANYTHING you want...

I assure you there isn't and there wasn't any such thread made by me.

Normally apologies should be in order when you'll realize you was wrong, but I doubt that will happen.

That's a pure lie!

Show me a single place where I said I even consider leaving the game (not leaving the forums) and not one week back, but anytime during this year and I'll do and say ANYTHING you want...

Lovefell slow down here..It's ok. Now tell us what version are you on now? I forgot Isn't this the 3rd time you have come back as a new person because you left the game? BTW where is lovefell?

As I see it, this is a way to redistribute some of big depositors / rich people (who have more money than time) money towards the no/small depositors / new people (who have more time than money), and as someone who falls under the second category is quite obviously that I'm fully behind the idea.

I see this as a way to screw the Player base out of more Ped while MA walks away and gets paid for still not producing a good product.

Hate to break it to you honey, but you won't be thumbing a free ride as easily anymore if people can TP from planet to planet. you will end up actually paying for your travel.

Paying to TP in this game is one of the most ignorant ideas I have ever heard. :eyecrazy:

Every noob who posts on the forum thinks up some new whacky cool way to spend sweat and drive up the price.

It was suggested by experienced players, too. And since a long time ago. One may agree or not, but such assumptions are unhelpful.

Lovefell slow down here..It's ok. Now tell us what version are you on now? I forgot Isn't this the 3rd time you have come back as a new person because you left the game? BTW where is lovefell?

1) 3rd avatar (after Kiddoo Lovefall Kiddoo and Lovefall Kiddoo Lovefall)
2) Both avatars had a short life spawn, less than four months together, and happened last year (February to May); didn't played, post or even read EU forums since May last year 'till December last year.
3) Returned on December 1st last year (in game, beause on forums it happened on November 23rd) as new avatar and ever since enjoyed the game; didn't missed logging even a single day and I absolutely don't or didn't had any intention to quit the game ever again.
4) Made ticket months ago asking that both Lovefall and Kiddoo were deleted and, as far as I am concerned, they no longer exist; if they still do exist, that's no longer my issue or problem and I can assure you that I haven't logged them ever since creating my new avatar on December 1st 2015.

Happy with my answers? Need more data? If not, let's please return to the topic at hand and don't make this thread again about me (and eventually after that call me for making them about me, although there's always someone else that starts it).

That's a pure lie!

I assure you there isn't and there wasn't any such thread made by me.

Normally apologies should be in order when you'll realize you was wrong, but I doubt that will happen.

1) 3rd avatar (after Kiddoo Lovefall Kiddoo and Lovefall Kiddoo Lovefall)
2) Both avatars had a short life spawn, less than four months together, and happened last year (February to May); didn't played, post or even read EU forums since May last year 'till December last year.
3) Returned on December 1st last year (in game, beause on forums it happened on November 23rd) as new avatar and ever since enjoyed the game; didn't missed logging even a single day and I absolutely don't or didn't had any intention to quit the game ever again.
4) Made ticket that both Lovefall and Kiddoo were deleted and, as far as I am concerned, they no longer exist; if they still do exist, that's no longer my issue or problem and I can assure you that I haven't logged them ever since creating my new avatar on December 1st 2015.

Happy with my answers? Need more data? If not, let's please return to the topic at hand and don't make this thread again about me (and eventually after that call me for making them about me, although there's always someone else that starts it).

No that was fine..you answered your own question.

Negrep? :laugh:

Thread: TP Fee: History Repeats on Forum? 04-28-2016 10:56
Don't let the door hit you on your way out! DoA

Be careful what you wish for kiddo. I might not be the only one finding other things to do with my money. This place won't be worth shit without people like me here funding it.

Keep that in mind before you go spouting off to paying customers.

No that was fine..you answered your own question.

He said I talked about quitting one week ago, I extended that to this year.

Challenge to find a place where I said that I'm leaving the game, within the mentioned time frame, still stays on; obviously none of us was talking about last year.

I love EU, I wouldn't even joke about leaving it - lol.

Self-edited: with the insulting posts being deleted, my post would have sure looked off-topic, so edited/removed content myself.

Last edited:

I am utterly flabbergasted!

<moderated>

WHY do think I would put money into a game, so that it could be "redistributed" to you?
I pay, so you can play????!?
Screw that.

I am left speechless.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Violence, even if just in language, is the last refuge of the incompetent.” (Isaac Asimov)

Whining, crying, threatening to quit the game, insults, personal attacks, bad words... all in just a couple posts... this must be the most off-track thread in the history of the Internet. :))

It's simply hilarious how low people can go when they don't agree with something or someone...

Thank you for the good portion of laughing; I needed that. :)

"Violence is always a solution. It's not always the only solution, but it is always a solution." (Bill Burr)

Seriously though

In 2008 some nobody asks for tp fees, then proclaims they'll be the first EU President.

Now 8 years later, our "1st pres" first issue is tp fees.

Am I the only one to think that's just weird?

WHY do think I would put money into a game, so that it could be "redistributed" to you?
I pay, so you can play????!?
Screw that.
I am left speechless.

It's not something new at all, it always happened in all games, even in EU.

Playing the game requires an investment, either in terms of time or money; some people have more money than time and they pay other people to do the trivial tasks for them; other people have more time than money and they work doing those trivial tasks for other people.

Is is currently like that with sweating and it would be in the future with (indirectly) paying conscripts and workers to keep the teleporting network safe and functional so you can get safe and instantly from point A to point B; in the mean time, said workers and conscripts will get paid for their efforts.

No one (or well, almost no one) will just join and start spending (tons of) money from day one without being "hooked" first; allow them to survive in game first, even make some small profit (but low turnover), make them want more and at that point they will start investing.

Now some basic logic lesson:

1) You very well said in another thread that EU is a zero sum game (actually, less than that, since MA earns a share), so is clear that whatever money someone makes has to come from someone else paying those money. Right?

2) Now Neverdie's campaign had a single big idea... create tons (not even I dare to say the number he said) of jobs (by definition a job is a way of making money).

Now putting the two things together... how come you haven't seen this coming? Zero sum game, some people getting jobs (making money)? Wasn't that obvious that some other people will have to (indirectly) pay for those jobs? Where else did you thought those jobs would come for? Who did you thought will pay for them? I really fail to see how this is now such a surprise to so many... to me it was crystal clear from the moment I saw his electoral program... it was also one of the reasons I voted for him in the first place, because I look forward for a job in a virtual world. ;)

Finally, what I think that ND wants to accomplish is to divide the participants in virtual reality games (for now EU) in two distinct categories of people:

- people that are here for entertainment, don't mind paying for their entertainment and which will get all convenience services offered to them (on a silver plate); and that is, probably, the first of many examples to come... want to get from point A to point B (even if point B is on a different planet) without any hassle, worries or wasted time - sure, just pay the bill; is just like IRL, on a restaurant, you don't even have to go to the bar to grab another beer, you just call the waiter

- people that are here working / offering their services to the first category of players; they would do (more or less) qualified jobs, that are not necessarily neither easy, pleasant or entertainment, but they will get paid for this and they will be actually able to make a profit out of this, treat it as a (full time) job or even as a business (for example, at the hourly rates proposed by Neverdie, this payment will not only beat the minimum hourly rate in my country big time, but even the average hourly rate)

As long as he is convinced that he can attract enough people from both categories in the game, I really can't think what's wrong with this approach - some people pay for their entertainment, some people are paid to provide said entertainment for the first category.

Last edited:
Seriously though

In 2008 some nobody asks for tp fees, then proclaims they'll be the first EU President.

Now 8 years later, our "1st pres" first issue is tp fees.

Am I the only one to think that's just weird?

I think it's incredibly weird JC. Probably a coincidence, but a very odd correlation for sure.

Status
Back