Info: History Repeat V 2.0

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Had to close the previous thread because I clearly didn't explain the topic well enough.

SHORT VERSION:
In 2008 some nobody asks for tp fees, then proclaims they'll be the first EU President.

Now 8 years later, our 1st president's first issue is tp fees. :eyecrazy:

Am I the only one to think that's just weird?

LONG VERSION:
I did a quick search for prior "requests" to instigate TP fees ingame. I came across only one thread here.

The funny part? Seems out of the ashes of that doomed thread came two others, one of which has an ironic thread title, considering the circumstances.

I will be the very first president of EU!

For the record, the other thread was this one, where he acknowledged is was a BAAAAAD idea. Guess: How many -reps did I get with the "we want a teleporter" thread? Winner gets prize

I'm just sayin'. :wise:

Yes, it's very weird. I believe it's a coincidence, but a strange one. That said, it's not impossible that on a coke fueled evening of forum perusing, ND had an epiphany. HA!

This idea, without plenty of other significant changes to EU alongside it (and about 20,000 more active players before its even implemented) is a horrible idea.

Now I qualified that for a reason or two:

• If we had a vibrant playerbase that was able to keep various remote towns populated all the time, then this wouldnt be so bad. Because we'd all become local residents of areas for as long as we chose to utilize them. We would need alot more players on all the time to make this work, though.
  • If we had enough quests in each town to keep players involved, then it wouldnt be so bad. We would just go from town to town completing what quests we liked.
  • If we had enough society utility in each town to keep societies well grounded, it wouldnt be so bad. Certain societies would dominate certain areas. That's OK.

If these three areas were addressed before this change, then a teleport fee wouldnt be horrible.

However, in Entropia's current state this change would break this game, pure and simple. All it does is cannibalize the existing user base for the sake of investors.

Quit creating conspiracies...

You just keep throwing crap in a pot and keep stirring it.

Magyar buddy. Re-read the first post. JC is just trying to discuss the strange correlation between the threads he posted and the events leading to this announcement.

I figured after helping take his last thread off topic with my attacks (which I still stand by completely) on another player, I'd do him a solid and try to help keep this one on track.

I recommend reading the three threads JC posted. If nothing else, it's a very silly coincidence.

Yes...its pretty freaky indeed.

John, how could it have anything to do with the current situation?

(Mod from linked thread)Ok, enough with the attention whoring, you had your 15 mins of fame already.

mmm, I wonder who that could be?:laugh:

A teleport of Neverdie proposal of 1 ped would have been a hardship I could not endure when I was starting out. If it must be implemented one hopes it can be paid in Vibrant Sweat. Would still be severe hardship but at least this way when I was starting out would not have been impossible.

#space_flight bringing space service providers together with travelers

Magyar buddy. Re-read the first post. JC is just trying to discuss the strange correlation between the threads he posted and the events leading to this announcement.

I figured after helping take his last thread off topic with my attacks (which I still stand by completely) on another player, I'd do him a solid and try to help keep this one on track.

I recommend reading the three threads JC posted. If nothing else, it's a very silly coincidence.

Oh I know what he's getting at. I'm not offering any sort of commentary there because contrary to popular belief I actually dont enjoy talking out of my ass, and that's all I'd be doing. I know absolutely nothing about conspiracies of this nature and have nothing more than conjecture to offer.

Instead, while neither supporting nor opposing the insinuation of the thread, I agreed with the supporting sentiment, that it would be bad for the product regardless, and explained why I felt that way.

Quit creating conspiracies...

You just keep throwing crap in a pot and keep stirring it.

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. :wise: I'm not big on pushing "conspiracy theories", because I prefer Truth with a capital "T". Always have.

In this case, during my research, I found a bizzarre coincidence that others might find strange/laughable/whatever.

Its going to be the same shit as foot guards.

"Here is this super great thing that really just costs you money and makes the game worse, but you guys asked for it and we were generous enough to provide it!"

ND and MA can fuck right the hell off. If this gets implemented it will be the final straw that breaks my interest in this game.

There was so little information for that whole scenario election of first virtual president. Was seriously interested to run for it but reading about it had no confidence as there was way too little information for me to invest 1000 USD in the effort. This is part of the problem. Lack of information, lack of clarity, lack of what gives people confidence and belief can be very damaging.

#space_flight bringing together space service providers with travelers

A lot of things come from people suggesting it on the forum. I think I remember a long time ago someone suggesting L items and not long after they were introduced. Be careful what you ask for.

Back