Do you acknowledge ND as president in EU?

Do you acknowledge ND as president in EU?

• Yes - I voted

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Yes - I did not vote

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • No - I voted

Votes: 32 14.0%
  • No - I did not vote

Votes: 173 75.5%

• Total voters
I acknowledge ND as a president of his own personal reality.

(which obviously is not well connected to the reality of everyone else)

i voted for B :cool:

Well looking at the number of no voters, I may see part of the problem. Abstaining from voting, even in protest isn't wise, the vote still happens regardless of turnout and you may end up with the person you don't want, go for the lesser evil.

That been said, the election was a sham, the fb requirement may have blocked a number of players, and it was weighted in his favor by having 1/2 chance of winning, whist B,C only had a 1/3 chance of winning

Abstaining from voting, even in protest isn't wise, the vote still happens regardless of turnout and you may end up with the person you don't want, go for the lesser evil.

No protest, just not taking part in a farce. And would it make difference if the tp thing and all that will follow were announced by the Candidate B/C or whatever avatar would have been assigned to that placeholder?

Voted No - I didn't vote

Far as I know you needed a facebook account to do so... bad move. Could have made that part of the poll.

Until we see the PwC report we have no idea what the turn out was.

I would like the over arching issue of the facebook voting system to be addressed by MA, they have been very silence from the start. In the old days we would have received some official comment addressing our concerns, now it feels like our concerns are generally ignored. I'm not even sure if MA still read this forum.

Even just a comment explaining why they choose facebook would be nice, at least then we can see the reasoning.

Hopefully with the creation of an official government forum this will change.

I really encourage people to support ND, yes the election was difficult but he was elected. Anyone of us could have made a serious effort to become the president and raise the fee but we didn't. So lets work with ND to get a proper voting system in place for next time. ND is the best communication channel we have with MA at the moment. Did anyone one else attempt to promote EU as much as he has, did anyone else go to the mobile convention thing and speak as part of an election campaign? Do you see the other planet partners posting on forums which are not even their own planet? Lets see this whole thing as a step in the right direction, even if that step was a bit wobbly :).

Last edited:
Voted No - I didn't vote

Far as I know you needed a facebook account to do so... bad move. Could have made that part of the poll.

It wasn't a requirement at the start but it changed shortly beforehand as MA hadn't developed the voting system they'd announced they'd be using when this farce began.

I would have voted for him if there actually was a proper election without outrageous entry hurdles for other candidates, and if voting was actually possible (not just for Facebook users). I would have approved of his simple appointment into such a role if it was done in an honest manner and with the plan to hold elections when the technology is in place and potential candidates had sufficient time to consider and prepare.

As things are, I believe he did himself a big disservice by allowing himself being used in this way. I will base my further judgment on the coming actions, and how any of the ideas mentioned in this context are handled.

I don't care too much about elections of people, what I care about when the word 'democracy' is used is if I get to vote on actual changes to be implemented. This is the Swiss version of democracy, i.m.o. the only country in existence worthy of that label. ND now has the chance to work for this goal, and intends to do so if I read him correctly. This is an effort I will support.

Last edited:
Did not vote for number of reasons

Each candidate who stood for election should be equally entitled to whatever votes get cast their way.

Each person who votes their vote should be equal.

It was vote for Virtual reality president not president of Facebook. Could not vote with my avatar as it should be. I do not give out my Facebook information to do stuff online.

That whole election voting thing was way too confusing the information not enough for me to make sense of it. Like one candidate getting more weight to votes cast for them and other candidates votes for them mean less.
Im sure all the candidates had to pay 1000 USD. Personally I think people would have recognized Neverdie contribution and voted him in but we will never know from this rigged up mixed up election. And that is the sad part. Neverdie I think could have won it fair and square. Lost opportunity for him that he did not.

As for supporting Neverdie as president would be glad to do that when I'm convinced he listens to and consults with the people before he makes drastic announcements that would significantly impact players. Even if he idea is wonderful you have to consult with the people.

Wish you the best of luck Neverdie I really do. And please consult and really listen before moving forward with this teleport idea.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

Each person who votes their vote should be equal.

It was vote for Virtual reality president not president of Facebook. Could not vote with my avatar as it should be. I do not give out my Facebook information to do stuff online.

That's exactly how it worked - all votes were equal.

The idea with votes being weighted different was nothing more but an idea and it was dropped long before elections started.

Either you're talking shit or the announcement for one person one vote was hid away for some unknown reason.

Here's the official announcement https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...R-Newswire-(press-release)&highlight=election

Now point me to where they said it was one person one vote.

The FAQ was certainly changed and this feature was dropped, DoA is right. Maybe you can still find the latest FAQ somewhere... It has been quoted around.

Also there is no need for the tone of your post towards another forum member

Okay I stand corrected it was one vote one person. Sorry if I spread confusion.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

On a second though, someone who was elected by a facebook poll could as well be impeached by a facebook poll, right? Right?

He's not the Pres of EU. He is Pres of VR.

no he is only Pres in his imagination, how many do u think even hard his name outside eu? :)

think alot of people would be chocked there is a guy saying he is there Pres lol

I am guessing here that vr also is meant to include eu since he plans changes In EU. So in effect i'd say 'president of/in EU is correct'.

NO

I did not vote, because I could not vote (no facebook account).

Would have voted if I could.

Voted B.

Not because ND deserves a second chance. He made too many mistakes at once to deserve anything.

It's just that atm he is the only official channel for us to influence MA's decisions. First thing he has to do after this political fiasco is to discard it. If he will do that then he deserves a second chance.

The second chance itself is simple - do what majority of the playerbase wants. Be our voice, do our bidding. I don't care how it's done, using polls and votes or simply by being smart and proposing ideas that we like and that are good for the future of the game. If he will do that I don't care if he's elected or appointed. Doesn't really matter atm, there's no voting mechanism anyway.

We are the source of power, not the prez.

To be quite honest, I was under the assumption there would be an email to players or something we would all get as a popup in-game. I really wasn't that excited about the idea to go looking for the info on various forums to get parts of the story either.

So I did not vote....when a group makes voting intentionally hard, there is usually a reason, and considering they went to Facebook...which cant really verify that any of the votes came from any actual players...It is highly suspect.

Not like I care, they look like complete fools...OK I care kinda cause since I play their game...it makes us players look and feel like even greater fools.

I still wouldn't care to vote, because its clear whoever is the president is, they are just tools for MA's bad ideas.

So far it seems Strange that candidate b or c did not win...

It don't matter if you acknowledge him or not. MA, PP and who ever signs up for it do. We can vote, but with out independent counter it don't mean much. We just a play a game supplied by MA, who decides what happens at the end of day.

Well Homer Simpson may be able to explain that

I voted for candidate B or was it C can't remember. But I certainly didn't vote for ND because he was the only known candidate and presumed it was a farce. And well it just smelt corrupt. How can you have two unknown candidates with no information on them in a three option poll for a president. Looks like a 1960 Caribbean rigged vote. All stand for EL presidenti.

I registered to vote, said I would get an email when it was time.

Never received an email, hence never voted. Cant change the procedure half way and then say na na you never voted. Sounds like a bait-n-switch scam to me.

I registered to vote, said I would get an email when it was time.

Never received an email, hence never voted. Cant change the procedure half way and then say na na you never voted. Sounds like a bait-n-switch scam to me.

This is exactly what happened for me also.
No email about the coming election thing they said they would send.
Then suddenly ND is already president?

Back