How we can have our jobs and keep our TPs free (another suggestion :))

matthew

Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
Here would be my solution to providing jobs and keeping the TPs free.

The idea is simple but I will expand it, essentially, let us pay someone 10 ped an hour to hunt bots and we receive 100% of the loot in return.

Here's the details:

Sell a private defence company (using the share system) whose role is to defend the TPs/keep the bot spawns down.

The peds from the shares go towards an initial fund from which shareholders can vote on how to divide up between the basic 10 ped job and the higher paid skilled jobs. The basic 10 ped job involves hunting and killing bots however the bots killed by the private defence force cannot be looted, the shell of the dead bots must be returned to the companies HQ for "research and disassembly" (essentially a looting mechanism which adds an additional dynamic).

From this loot the original fund is topped up and profits are shared among the shareholders. Additionally the careful disassembly of the bots could mean that all bots loot at least something of small TT (essentially a scrap value) and unique items not found in the loot pool could be introduced such as robot batteries, which could be used to power some new items in the future (electric cars for example). This loot process could take some time depending on additional factors (see below)

Jobs that could be allocated by the company could be, basic bot killer, medic, runner (for returning the bot shells back to base), repairer/crafter (for maintaining the company's weapon and armour stock), disassembler, in house research and field researcher etc.

The company must allocate funds between the roles to maximise profits. For example employing more disassemblers could equal a faster conversion between bot being brought it and it being fully "looted" but at the expense of less people in the field. Investing in more repairers mean the companies weapons/armour/vehicles have improved performance but again this must come at a cost. Investing in additional "researchers" and "field researchers" could lead to improved disassembly technicals meaning faster or better loot from the bots in the future (this would also mean fewer disassemblers would be needed). Over time the company gains skills just like an individual gains which improves the company's performance. Those skills are shared between the workers through training so even a new player will acquire the rank level of the company while they are working (better ranks mean the company can allocate better weapons etc).

Some percentage of the company's fund would be allocated to equipment which is returned to the stock room at the end of each shift. The company can choose to start with low level weapons but as the skills increase can decide the invest in bigger weapons/amps etc.

The entire company would be strategy based with decisions being made from a most votes wins system. Each 24 hours shareholders can vote how they wish to allocate the following 24 hours resources (by changing some slide bars in the companies terminal), balancing short term and long term gains. The system then takes an average and makes the allocation for the following day. A board of directors could be established to try to lead some form of direction and encourage shareholders to vote in a particular way. Shareholders who do not wish the partake in the day to day management could set a button saying "vote as director" which essentially sets there scale bars in tune with the board of directors.

I think this would be pretty fun, pretty dynamic. The company could have a head quarters somewhere. Returns would be a bit random I guess but I would say there is a large fun element to it as well.

Last edited:
We can pay for the jobs by all the fees we are gonna charge all the people creating more threads about this subject.

Can we also make it so that the less you actually play the game, the more you have to pay per thread?

i know i know let make a program adopt a noob it would be like we have a new child to raise whit alowance that all i here

they cant give out money whit out someone paying for it maybe ask ma to adopt all the poeple that are looking for a job and give thems ped

When mark ups were ok, i would deposit every 2 weeks and through my turnover it gave "jobs" to crafters (buy amps etc), traders,healers, sweaters when i needed for weld wire clicks or ME. Miners would mine for mark up, hunters for mark up, smart crafters for mark up.

As mark ups dropped to unsustainable levels my deposits stopped, loot seemed to go sour as i believe others did also and i heavily suspect withdraws are up. New super npc items devalued "investments", and i believe has accelerated liquidation (some shop owners must have been hit very badly).

Now this announcement by ND has made me want to withdraw most of my assets in EU, and lower play style/in game funds considerably. I enjoy EU but... when it comes to it i can enjoy my time in game with much less than i have, i can sweat, fruit walk, chat with old friends, and hunt lower mobs, mine with noob gear. Over the last 3 months i have experienced losses like never before, playing as eco as i can on "safe" mobs in the main. I have healed many hunters and watched them lose their ass time after time over last couple months, something is not right atm.

I feel that value for ped is at an all time low currently, and people talk about imposing more fee's or paying indirectly for non depositors to play/support time in game.

Sorry not happening, well done MA you have another non depositor. Sure i won't have as much quality game time hunting or whatever, but all this broke the final straw.

The community are cool, have made some good friends, but sorry to say the game is going to hell atm.

See you on the sweat fields :)

Dibbler

Seriously, all I can say to MA (if they're ever gonna listen) is that...

Take care of the "Economy" and the "Economy" will take care of the rest.

Anything else is just unnecessary work.

:dunce:

Last edited:
ND is proposing we pay for the teleporters and he gives that money to the freeloaders.
You are proposing we pay this money to the freeloaders directly.

And you so happy about it...

Yup. This is a video game. What they need are more paying customers and less play for free people and people who expect to make money off of the paying customers. End of story.

Yup. This is a video game. What they need are more paying customers and less play for free people and people who expect to make money off of the paying customers. End of story.
Any activity that requires no investment and generates guaranteed profit (more than the electricity bill for running a computer) is a recipe for a disaster. All the $$ u throw into it will end up on botmasters bank accounts and the normal player is left with nothing anyway.

New players is good, everybody understands that. Encourage ppl to support newcomers, advertise and support all successful "adopt a newbie" projects. No development cost, and u get anti-bot control mechanism for free.
Trying to force it mechanically through mass taxation is ineffective, unfair and - last but not least - dangerous.

How about fixing the economy so that hunting/mining/crafting can be jobs? Just a thought. I know it sounds a little crazy. Maybe MA can just keep making smartphone apps and our "jobs" can be to buy their deeds and do all their marketing for them :cool:

ND is proposing we pay for the teleporters and he gives that money to the freeloaders.
You are proposing we pay this money to the freeloaders directly.

And you so happy about it...

LOL not even that.

He wants to give it to deed holders (1 part) and a part to jobs, where those doing the jobs very likely will still lose money as long they have average loot returns (90% of the PED spent back in loot).

Look at the high skilled players job, defend the TP.

For a high end skilled job, attackers could be Troopers Gen10 (or even worse).
Hunting them down for 1 hour at 1 kill / min == 60x1600 HP to kill == 320 PED (at eco 3 DMG/pec)
Average return 90% is 288 PED back in loot == 32 PED lost
Reward for this 1hr job is 10 PED, the hunter still lost PED.

Where is this a job for freeloaders.
Only people that would earn from this sheme is the deedholders.
Although there would be a huge infusion of money for MA when selling the deeds, it would hurt the ingame economy + MA income, as more income from deeds = less deposits to actually play and drain of PED from those investors just sitting on deeds not playing the game at all.

Have given that example in other thread already, here again.
Its a loss for all on the long run.

Average player (depsoiting to play) - less fun, higher cost to play, deposit doesn´t last as long as usual
MA - less income from deposits, due to more people playing on deed income only
Economy - money drained out of game, by investors just sitting on their deeds, withdrawing regularly
ND - reputation down to zero, as he made this shit happen
Retention rate - a lot more early quiters, as without depositing a new player surely will be stuck somewhere without the ped left to use TP out
Old Time players - some surely will quit because of additional cost to play, they no longer want to take

Everybody would lose with this idea.
Its a bad idea!
Not well thought, and brought up by someone who can´t solve economic issues on his own planet, but has super plan (well not that super from my point of view) to fix all universe economy.
I am not surprised that this idea is just stupid if you take a closer look into it, and do some math.

Back