Compets and Mindark's Timing

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
With all that has been going on the last few days one item that may have been over looked is Compets. If all was to work as planned Compets would have been in the last days of beta right now. I'm starting to think this is all another MA stunt to get us to move from EU to Compets -- in an odd way. Yes of course the timing is off and compets still isn't here. What if ND didn't read the email telling him to hold off until the beta was released?

Is MA playing us here? Are they wanting to close down EU and move to Compets?

Last edited:
Are you serious? Move from a high engine graphic game to an app on your forum...

MA is ALWAYS playing us... 24/7 (well except for the weeks or months they go on various vacations)

Do you get off on all the conspiracies you drag out in game chats and forum threads? It gets a bit silly.

Please look up Zynga's(one of the bigger mobile game companies) last 5 years of financials and you will quickly see why its completely unthinkable that MA would go whole sale inte the mobile gaming industry. For all the hype about how "mobile is the future" the actual gaming companies for mobile are tanking big time and have been for years now....

In the immortal words of Dj khaled:

;)
Zweshi

To OP

In my opinion, its better to evaluate that for yourself and arrive at your own conclusion.

For me, I'm just gonna be waiting for the Annual Report 2015 that MA should be releasing in the first week of June 2016...which is just about a month away from now. (Judging by the release date of the previous annual reports.)

Once that is out, I'll make my decision from there onwards.

That's my advice for you I guess.

- Its always good to get second opinions, but the decision is ultimately yours and yours alone.

Do you get off on all the conspiracies you drag out in game chats and forum threads? It gets a bit silly.

Yes I do I guess as much as MA has been changing these last 1-2 years. But you have to admit that the timing would have been so perfect if they only could have released Compets on time. Yes I know many would be pissed off with MA and not even want to try the new game. But still the stupid facts are kind of looking right at us.

But also posts like mine just may set a red flag with MA and from it they just may respond. So yes it's a shot in the dark but lets hope MA will let us know what's going on soon.

Edit: and yes you notice I may seem to bitch about every 6 months? :)

Well every 6 months or so I do my MU update in Excel and every time I do it I loose more and more MU on my items. I did my MU update just 2 months back and LOST 7,353ped in MU. So yes I'm hot.. But yes I do understand that I'm a small time player and people with larger investments in game really don't like to read posts like mine.

Edit 2: but happy to say I made it all back and some with fruit sales..so yes there are downs an ups.

Last edited:
MA not on time?????????? HOLLLLYYY crap.

Not to be a total smart @ss, but this tells me all is right in the world.

MA not on time?????????? HOLLLLYYY crap.

Not to be a total smart @ss, but this tells me all is right in the world.

lol well the idea ok? :)

Rick and 3 other guys are waiting for the Compets.
MA unleashed their secret weapon ND upon EU to make sure they will indeed go and play the Compets.
Seems legit.

With all that has been going on the last few days one item that may have been over looked is Compets. If all was to work as planned Compets would have been in the last days of beta right now. I'm starting to think this is all another MA stunt to get us to move from EU to Compets -- in an odd way. Yes of course the timing is off and compets still isn't here. What if ND didn't read the email telling him to hold off until the beta was released?

Spending hours to get L50 sweatgather is frying your brain. Stop worring about what is going on and comming up with with fucked up theorys. just play the game as it is and have fun.

Game will be out in just over a week. Except it won't... If beta is not even ready yet then how the hell will the game be ready in 10 days? Sigh don't make a release date and even a COUNTDOWN if you can't follow up on it.

Don't get me wrong EU... I can't wait to play! it's why it's so disappointing that it is not out or may be delayed again.

Last edited:
Please look up Zynga's(one of the bigger mobile game companies) last 5 years of financials and you will quickly see why its completely unthinkable that MA would go whole sale inte the mobile gaming industry. For all the hype about how "mobile is the future" the actual gaming companies for mobile are tanking big time and have been for years now....

In the immortal words of Dj khaled:

;)
Zweshi

They have profited every year, the last 5 years. What the fuck are you talking about you crackhead?
https://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=ZNGA+Income+Statement

Period Ending Dec 31, 2015 Sep 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015 Mar 31, 2015
Total Revenue 185,769 195,737 199,918 183,293
Cost of Revenue 63,397 57,187 57,779 57,622
Gross Profit 122,372 138,550 142,139 125,671

I think all that fat people rap and shoe loving has rotten your brain. I mean I saw a shoe in that fat dudes hand and lost all respect for you. What the fuck is with that video.

wow, crackhead thats a new one for me. If you actually spent more then 36 seconds on a google search you would know that Zynga have downsized by almost 50% in the last what? 3 years or so, closed down studios left right and center and its share price isent where it used to be to name but a few of the problems.

But lets pretend that a industry that needs to cut 50% of its work force to turn a good sized profit that yeilded a 50% less then expected divident and relly heavily on already established IP created by those now let go employees is actually still a good place to be...

PS. Who fucking cares what shoes his holding or what figure his in god damn dude just enjoy the meme or move on.

Phone/apps games and computer games like EU is two totally different things and markets. Okey, maybe not totally different, but close to. I have never ever played a game on my mobile, at least not what I can remember, and I have had an smartphone for a couple of years. But sure, I will probably test compet when it comes out because it's a MA product and I want to see what they have created. But it will never have an real effect on my PC gaming.

I think compet is just a way to try to get some revenue from the smartphone/app market, to test the waters and also use it to promote their main game (EU). I doubt it will be any huge success, but if they was a bit successful and it actually brought them some revenue and profit, it would benefit both MA and EU. With more legs to stand on MA could share some of the cost between both EU and compet, increasing the possibility to more resources to development of EU. So we can only hope it will bring in some money to MA, and for the co-financers/compet-deedholders.

Well every 6 months or so I do my MU update in Excel and every time I do it I loose more and more MU on my items. I did my MU update just 2 months back and LOST 7,353ped in MU. So yes I'm hot.. But yes I do understand that I'm a small time player and people with larger investments in game really don't like to read posts like mine.

Not strange that the MU goes down in the game when we constantly produce more items and get more items in loot/rewards, without a similar increase of the number of players. The game needs an increase of the number of new players/month, even if it's players that only play for a couple of month.

Phone/apps games and computer games like EU is two totally different things and markets. Okey, maybe not totally different, but close to. I have never ever played a game on my mobile, at least not what I can remember, and I have had an smartphone for a couple of years. But sure, I will probably test compet when it comes out because it's a MA product and I want to see what they have created. But it will never have an real effect on my PC gaming.

Yes I understand that and I think a lot miss understood me here. I did not say move the game to mobile game realm, I said move US to it.

But to save what is left of the MU I will have to say that this subject should just be dropped now. I am sorry about all that I have said. Nothing bad is going to happen.

Where to I setup to sell stuff btw in forum?

Am curious to try out Compet game hope they can release in next couple of months.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

Same here.

Am curious to try out Compet game hope they can release in next couple of months.

Same here. Thinking about real values in virtual universes too. Had to add that. Would have settled with "same here". Lovenpeace, weirdo

They couldn't get their other App Virtual Tycoon to run on iPhone and it can only be used on android.
Now it would be pointless to only release on Android and not iPhone. Thus they will have to employ the in-app purchases method so players can deposit to improve their pet. But and this is a big but! No iPhone app ever lets you withdraw funds, and I suspect Apple would want a cut of the profits. Thus Compet players will have no choice but to open an EU account if they ever want to withdraw.
I am actually very curious how the hell they plan to work the actual cash side of Compet. What more their Compet app won't survive if players have to wait 4 months for a withdrawal!

They couldn't get their other App Virtual Tycoon to run on iPhone and it can only be used on android.
Now it would be pointless to only release on Android and not iPhone. Thus they will have to employ the in-app purchases method so players can deposit to improve their pet. But and this is a big but! No iPhone app ever lets you withdraw funds, and I suspect Apple would want a cut of the profits. Thus Compet players will have no choice but to open an EU account if they ever want to withdraw.
I am actually very curious how the hell they plan to work the actual cash side of Compet. What more their Compet app won't survive if players have to wait 4 months for a withdrawal!

Who said that compet will be RCE ?

Thought that one is subscription based or micropayments (pay to win) as the thousands other gaming apps, and just a part of the income is given to the Compet Deeds existing in EU.
Base idea sell shares for EU to raise funds for Compet development.

Even the interaction between Compet and EU some people hope will happen, is not confirmed by MA.
Maybe this will be implemented, so that you can offer your PETs for sale in Compet.

What I understood from original MA announcements it will be a seperate game.

Who said that compet will be RCE ?

"if played for PED (Project Entropia Dollars), they can win more PED, which can be exchanged for real cash."

Don't know if you can call that rce, but on the compet page they state that you can win real PEDs

Compet shares are now 12 USD, does anyone have an idea why or what that could mean? Also the beta release is now set to be may 17th

Compet shares are now 12 USD, does anyone have an idea why or what that could mean? Also the beta release is now set to be may 17th

means that Mindark sold too many deeds already so the upped the price to slow the sales... either that or they are trying to artificially inflate the prices so that deed holders don't get pissed for holding on to part of a game that doesn't exist yet... once they stop selling them in the shop you can guarantee prices will drop later if it flops.

I honestly believe MA want EU to be a success too, although let face facts they have sold deeds to deliver a new game, they simply can't be seen to create another set of deeds for something new before the previous project is active. There's a huge risk to reputation doing that.

I expect the TP sale to happen. I don't like it, although I'm sure it will go ahead.

Although lets be frank here, the overhead for running compet should be considerably less than running EU. The fact is the "entire" player base is trying to support multiple businesses. This includes Staff on "ALL" PP, + LA owners, CP and FOMA too, not to mentioned Caly deeds, Ark deeds, and anyother deeds for EU MA might create.

For me compet deeds are paying 30% revenue (I think) for low overhead game. My brain says put your efforts into that instead.

I see EU now as a huge cashcow, that has priced me out. That doesn't mean it's priced you out, we all have our own views and perspectives on the game.

Rick and 3 other guys are waiting for the Compets.
MA unleashed their secret weapon ND upon EU to make sure they will indeed go and play the Compets.
Seems legit.

I have a lot of my life, time, memories and money supporting EU, however it simply does not support my budget anymore for the fun I would 'want' to have. So yeah I'm looking forward to compet, not just because it will probably suit my budget, but also because I quite like the cute looking pets. I don't know why...I just feel drawn to it.

I guess the other thing is I still feel I'm involved with the MA group of businesses, so on a conscious level I don't feel all that time has been wasted.

I said from the start if MA make them real enough, people will love it.

Rick

Last edited:
Back