Info: Convert Shrapnel To Ammo

JasonMaximusLan

Guardian
Society
USMC
Jason Maximus Landon
Not sure if there is a thread on this somewhere, but I figure it should be mentioned that if you're converting ammo it shouldn't be any less than 1 ped shrapnel. Anything converted under 10,000 shrapnel will not give you the 100:101 ratio. So, you will basically be TT'ing anything you don't split apart under 10,000 shrapnel before converting. Another way for MA to make returns off of micro transactions. If everyone stops, it may go away lol.

Edit: Anything under 95 shrapnel will lose the 100:101 ratio. 95 shrapnel will give you 96 universal ammo. 94 shrapnel will give you 94 universal ammo.

Last edited:
hmmm I think there is some funny business somewhere that might correct for this discrepancy.

Say I have 1 ped on my ped card I can usually buy 1026 ped or something like this (whatever the new conversion is these days). My point is, it appears that I can always buy fractions of a pec more ammo than what I have on my card. So it seems pec fractions are not lost just not displayed.

Do you think the difference is credited back to the ped card?

Unless its been changed during the recent VU, I do believe that so long as you convert at least 100 shrapnel to ammo, you will get 101 of universal ammo.

That's what I've always been doing all this while and have never been shortchanged.

ToU: "MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records of finance for all funds transactions in connection with Your use of the Entropia Universe. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out to or from Your PED Card.

MindArk will provide You with a fund transfer statement, showing Your deposits and withdrawals for the last 12 months (under the Account Section). Notwithstanding the forgoing, You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any transactions with virtual currency within the Entropia Universe to or from Your PED Card. MindArk accepts no responsibility for funds and/or PED misplaced or misused in any incidence, regardless of reason."

I dunno, what do you honestly think?

Unless its been changed during the recent VU, I do believe that so long as you convert at least 100 shrapnel to ammo, you will get 101 of universal ammo.

That's what I've always been doing all this while and have never been shortchanged.

It hasn't been changed, and you've been losing money every time you do it. 100 shrapnel equals 1 pec. 1% of 1 pec = you don't have enough to get 1% of 1 pec, so you should save your shrapnel until you have 10,000 shrapnel. And only then, you will get 1% of 1ped.

It hasn't been changed, and you've been losing money every time you do it. 100 shrapnel equals 1 pec. 1% of 1 pec = you don't have enough to get 1% of 1 pec, so you should save your shrapnel until you have 10,000 shrapnel. And only then, you will get 1% of 1ped.

Your thinking in terms of pecs and I'm talking in quantity of ammo.

Remember that shrapnel and universal ammo goes under 1 pec.

You will get 101 universal ammo for 100 shrapnel. (Which is 101% conversion rate.)

Don't believe? Try it.

Thank you for making me do further research on the subject. I was wrong by just looking at the amount showed in the loot display. You are correct in saying 100 shrapnel will be 101 universal ammo. 99 shrapnel will be 100 universal ammo, but 94 shrapnel makes 94 universal ammo. 95 shrapnel is the magic number that will give you 96 universal ammo.

Did you try converting 94 Shrapnel and then 6 shrapnel? Could be that the system remembers your last conversion and adjusts for it. I would try but no shrapnel atm :cool:

Thank you for making me do further research on the subject. I was wrong by just looking at the amount showed in the loot display. You are correct in saying 100 shrapnel will be 101 universal ammo. 99 shrapnel will be 100 universal ammo, but 94 shrapnel makes 94 universal ammo. 95 shrapnel is the magic number that will give you 96 universal ammo.

Hahaha...didn't went that far.

I just made sure I converted in multiples of 100 and ensured that I got the supposed extra ammo and that was that. ;)

Nonetheless, interesting to know.

TQ

that happens with lots of things. because the tt value of everything only display pecs as the lowest decimal when in fact it has a different value. Noticed it while tting dead rk20s. each tool has a dead value displayed of 00.40 (40 pecs) when the actual value is around 00.404XX. So I would only tt them when i had 3 to get that extra pec.

So I would only tt them when i had 3 to get that extra pec.

Probably out of topic, but...as far as your worry is concerned, I can safely assure you that its quite a needless one on your part.

From what I do know, your ped card tracks down (in detail) to below 1 pec values...at least till the point of the "value of 1 ammo" (0.01 PEC).

So you can simply just dump whatever you wish to tt without needing to collect a sizable amount in order to "get that extra pec".

If you don't believe, drop by the nearest Trade Terminal and "try" to buy yourself some ammunition (BLP Packs, Weapon Cells, etc).

Despite showing only X.XX PEDs on your ped card, you can still buy down to single digit values in quantity of ammo (before the "buy" button grays out).

;)

PED card tracks down to 1/1000 pec, but that has nothing to do with the convertion rate.

If you convert shrapnels nothing happens with your PED card.

I agree to OP

I only convert full x100 shrapnels

Convert 100 get 101
Convert 90 - check how much UNI amo you got, can tell you it is 90 :)

So you really lose 1/1000 pec in uni ammo if you convert fractions of 100 sharpnels

Back