FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

the only reason why the losses were so low is because of selling strongboxes and ffa points - without that it would be the usual 10k to 15k of losses, likely to be seen next month as mayhem is over
not looking for special cuddles just the tt return to be anywhere close to their claimed "98.7% average for high turnover after loot 2.0"
That doesn't seem so bad. What's that work out per hour of activity roughly per $

If I can get away with that on low level mobs, I could live with that number for the month.

I do think though, that as much as we feel unhappy at times with the game, and have a right to bitch now and then, it has to be a short term bitch. You can poke God with a stick now and then, but if it's sustained (even if you're right), that God isn't going to let-it-go and give you extra special cuddles anymore.

I wish you well I really do, becasue my dream is for every player to be super happy. Good luck out there.

Rick

That doesn't seem so bad.

96% would be fine on a 1k PED turnover per month.
On a very active hunter, with top gear and 250k - 300k ped turnover per month, it's pretty bad.

So is this with MU now?
TT 96% with boxes and FFA sold is a solid profit.

If -1045 is a solid profit, we agree :D
January 2018 = -1,045 hunting (96.09% tt)

anyway, it was always with MU clearly seen from last month and others even more so if opening the google spreadsheet. and this month was not a full mayhem ffa, otherwise if the tt return of ffa would have stayed at the same level it would have been a profit indeed.
So is this with MU now?
TT 96% with boxes and FFA sold is a solid profit.

If -1045 is a solid profit, we agree :D
January 2018 = -1,045 hunting (96.09% tt)

So your TT isnt 96% then?
I had about 0.66/1 ffa rate per k so 300k cycle was 200k points.
You cycled 25k so should be 660 ped worth from ffa alonge, then i had about 1000 boxes per 100k cycle.
You can count them as at least 4.5/1, selling under 4 just stupid and if you open you have a MU expectency of 3.6/1
So thats another 1150 ped MU.

Edit probalby read your display wrong so maybe you can disreguard this.
You minus 1000 ped total and your cycle is more yes?

all the MU that I got is in the google spreadsheet, all is sold as well. is it so difficult to open it?
total MU in January in FFA was 8235 peds
balance wise that was +6072 peds after ffa ended (felt quite great at that point :( )
and then -7117 after that on Calypso + Arkadia

so you are right about ffa, it was quite solid profit (though tt was also 99% at that point not 96%) - but a month is a month

So your TT isnt 96% then?
I had about 0.66/1 ffa rate per k so 300k cycle was 200k points.
You cycled 25k so should be 660 ped worth from ffa alonge, then i had about 1000 boxes per 100k cycle.
You can count them as at least 4.5/1, selling under 4 just stupid and if you open you have a MU expectency of 3.6/1
So thats another 1150 ped MU.

Reactions: das
Indeed seems to be improvement with the switch to imk2 - though not enough to break even when hunting a lot.

February 2018 = -1,329 hunting (97.04% tt)

Indeed seems to be improvement with the switch to imk2 - though not enough to break even when hunting a lot.

February 2018 = -1,329 hunting (97.04% tt)

Any weapon enhancers?
Pills?

:eyecrazy: youve been ingame forever, have top gear/skills but sometimes you talk and play like a level 10, 3month old player.

I don't see what you're talking about here, he's just saying he didn't waste any PED on pills or using enhancers since they aren't worth using if you want to be as eco as possible, which is completely reasonable.

Very interesting reading :) but why would easter rings and EST armor fekk up your returns in your LA? i get that they !!!! the shared loot mobs.

that was my assumption from ~ April 2016 when my profit spree stopped was around the time when easter ring 2016 was introduced and EST usage got widespread
but since nothing changed after the loot 2.0 where EST usage fell a lot, guess it was not related after all
Very interesting reading :) but why would easter rings and EST armor fekk up your returns in your LA? i get that they !!!! the shared loot mobs.

I grind alot of missions so i prefere to use a adj-ep41 (used to have imp2870) and my returns are also pretty bad. Then i got some funds so i decided to go hunt some bigger mobs and i bought an ar-matrix lp-65 and within 24hrs i found 2 rare hofs - chronicle footguards and some cryogenic chip. Confirming that good items comes with high eco. Think it was like 67 efficency with imp a105.
Gonna try out my theory someday with another ar-matrix in dome4 DOA here i come.

I grind alot of missions so i prefere to use a adj-ep41 (used to have imp2870) and my returns are also pretty bad. Then i got some funds so i decided to go hunt some bigger mobs and i bought an ar-matrix lp-65 and within 24hrs i found 2 rare hofs - chronicle footguards and some cryogenic chip. Confirming that good items comes with high eco. Think it was like 67 efficency with imp a105.
Gonna try out my theory someday with another ar-matrix in dome4 DOA here i come.

:wise:Not enough data to prove such a thing, simply luck.

You need to cycle at least 100K ped with both weapons om the same maturity and mob.

And use only the weapon in question, while tracking all your Loot, also Hunt the same amount at the same time everyday.

Well i like luck! Btw can any1 spot me 100k :p

since they aren't worth using if you want to be as eco as possible

They are very well worth using, it might be in Smilgs' case that they don't add enough, given his mod viceroy (and I would asume some big rings too, didn't checked). Surely the post you answered to wasn't the most inspired, but the answer is way more nuanced than you put it.

March 2018 = +21,434 hunting (102.45% tt)

that was a cool month with the big bulk hof, and switch to blade - let's see how it goes, hopefully green entry more than once per year

Reactions: Mac
Gz m8, any goodies in BB hof and which blade do u use?
Keep it up!

The best of April was the core spring event, after that went downhill.

April 2018 = +4,356 hunting (98.24% tt)

Hey friend, is your TT return % with MK II close to 99-100% currently for all time since Jan?

I'm curious how it looks over time in terms of swings for you (amount cycled to reach your average)

Thanks a bunch.

Gz m8, any goodies in BB hof and which blade do u use?
shrapnel is the only goodie in bigger hofs these days :) see first post for used equipment
its still green though. 2 months in a row. Good job.
indeed, wondering what a full month on normal (non event) mobs will be like though
His your TT return % with MK II close to 99-100% currently for all time since Jan
tt return with imk2 did improve to ~ 98% tt - but not using imk2 at the moment, see the first post of the thread for used equipment.

Unbelievable, but it is the 3rd month of breaking even after the prolonged loss period - the looter skills and/or higher dpp and efficiency weapon seems to be working (or whatever else anyway thanks for this).
May 2018 = +9,712 hunting (101.06% tt)

Unbelievable, but it is the 3rd month of breaking even after the prolonged loss period - the looter skills and/or higher dpp and efficiency weapon seems to be working (or whatever else anyway thanks for this).

uuh didn't you switch weapon? like melee & lower dpp?

According to my hypothesys/estimates, after the introduction of looting skills, considering the sum (TT returns + Markup of the Looted items), monthly you will almost never lose by grinding on a big number of mobs.

My hypothesys, "High efficiency gear + Looting skills fully maxed = 99% in TT returns" :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-since-2018&p=3645681&viewfull=1#post3645681

Paul

Congrats! It looks good, keep it up!

According to my hypothesys/estimates[...]

My hypothesys, "High efficiency gear + Looting skills fully maxed = 99% in TT returns" :

Unless you can test, it's a speculation, a hunch. Smilgs is at ~70 looter and above 100% so you're wrong already.
What does fully maxed looter prof mean? level 100? level 200? ;)

Unless you can test, it's a speculation, a hunch.
Smilgs is at ~70 looter and above 100% so you're wrong already.

Above 100% ?
Maybe, let's wait for his future results, anyway if the overall return still stays above 100%, then i will be happy of such a "mistake" :)

"What does fully maxed looter prof mean? level 100? level 200? "

I mean that usually the effect of increments in skills is maximum when the skills are very low :
e.g. if you are at "level 0" , and then increase up to level 100, at level 100 you will notice a fantastic, huge improvement in the skill effects, if compared to level 0.
But if you increase from level 100 to level 200, the improvement from level 100 will be much smaller.

So, at the end if there isn't a true "cap" in looting skills, at some point the effect of those looting skills will converge to an ideal limit/ "cap" .

Personally i suspect (a mere speculation, but with some logic) that this limit is +2% in the TT value of the loots, or very close to +2%.

Why +2% ?

Because the stats released by MindArk just some months before the introduction of looting skills, showed approx 97%-98% as average TT loots.

Now, after the introduction of looting skills, Smilgs is at 99% TT, or even more than 99% (we will see :) ) , with high efficiency weapons (more than 90% in efficiency), and high looting skills :
so i suspect that the maximum effect of Looting skills is approx +2% in the TT value of the loots, or anyway close to +2% (+3% ? Else ? Well, we will see :) )

The important thing is that still at a mere 99% in TT returns, a player always profits, as i have explained in my link above (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-since-2018&p=3645681&viewfull=1#post3645681 ).
So if Smilgs keeps getting even higher results than 99% TT , I will only be even happier :)

Paul

Last edited:
Above 100% ?
Maybe, let's wait for his future results, anyway if the overall return still stays above 100%, then i will be happy of such a "mistake" :)

You have a problem with Smilg's samples? :D You should not have a problem with Smilg's samples. If you use speculation, he's actually testing and has in a day a turnover of around 20k :)

The important thing is that still at a mere 99% in TT returns, a player always profits, as i have explained in my link above

Please consider shooting more before starting to explain things to others, please.

Back