FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

September 2019 = -7,971 hunting (94.83% tt)

Another month, another efficiency improvement, another disappointment.
These 2 months pure hunting (not counting overhead time) was around 600 hours spent to lose ~2300$
Fun fun :(

hof rate is again more crappy towards the end of the year same as 2018 (pulled up somewhat by including hofs from mulcibers)
1k-hofs-201909.jpg

and tt trendline follows the same pattern
tt-trend-201909.jpg

bumped this by error instead of sale thread :)

Good to know I'm still not missing much by dumping loads of money into EU. :lolup:

Note: I don't have loads of money to dump into EU, so it's not entirely by choice...but still.

Another month, another efficiency improvement, another disappointment.
These 2 months pure hunting (not counting overhead time) was around 600 hours spent to lose ~2300$]

Interesting. It should be pretty obvious by now that efficiency isn't going to pull in the results. All it probably means is you got 600 hours done for the same price of say 500 hours instead with less expensive gear.

You're not going to loot your purchase money back for new upgrades, or tiering cost either and also risk devaluation of items. After buying into FEN, I learned pretty quick the system must have been adjusted to compensate return rates. You get more hours, that's all.

The scary thing is you're probably running with the best rings, best armour and best plates as well backing up your top of the range weapons. I'm not feeling very inspired to be honest. Loot 2. Haha.

Well...best of luck

Rick.

messi once said "Smilgs doing something very wrong, but i wont discuss it, becouse i dont want him to improve." Not that i beleave much what he says, but this looks accurate whats happenning to you as massive endgame grinder :scratch2: Wish you the best in future

if we are up to quotes, I said and still say that messi is an ego-maniacal prick who lies to people telling them to just shoot as much as they can and they will do fine, guess that evens it out :)
but thanks for the info!
messi once said "Smilgs doing something very wrong, but i wont discuss it, becouse i dont want him to improve." Not that i beleave much what he says, but this looks accurate whats happenning to you as massive endgame grinder :scratch2: Wish you the best in future

September 2019 = -7,971 hunting (94.83% tt)

These 2 months pure hunting (not counting overhead time) was around 600 hours spent to lose ~2300$
Fun fun :(

So you are hunting 10 hours a day, every day in average???

Damn...

Efficiency is clearly working wonders.

October started better than usual, raising my hopes that finally something would have been changed for the better.
I was up whole 3400 peds with tt return of 107% in the first week of October.

Then I had the below runs putting me back into my usual place, misery and disbelief.
Each one of these is a 4 to 4.5 hour hunting run, 18 of them with amazing 3 of them being in break-even, -10000 peds of a brutal return &&*^^&%.

So as of this weekend, 2 weeks in October, down 6500 peds including MU, 94.06% tt return.

10/7/2019 15:18:10 -208
10/7/2019 20:31:04 -209
10/8/2019 9:04:03 40
10/8/2019 15:43:49 -623
10/8/2019 19:26:16 799
10/9/2019 8:35:38 -726
10/9/2019 15:02:42 -526
10/9/2019 20:04:05 -446
10/10/2019 8:24:41 -665
10/10/2019 14:56:59 81
10/10/2019 22:17:09 -705
10/11/2019 8:49:45 117
10/11/2019 14:59:40 -578
10/11/2019 20:09:24 -362
10/12/2019 9:25:07 -1472
10/12/2019 19:38:09 -931
10/13/2019 9:34:40 -1589
10/13/2019 14:52:55 -1980

Maybe try a setup with less efficiency for a while and see what happens.

Although in general it is a very pragmatic suggestion and thanks for that, after skill'ing up for years + buying ~500k worth of high efficiency stuff that does not seem to improve things, my trust in MA is a "bit" shaken.
Maybe try a setup with less efficiency for a while and see what happens.

Although in general it is a very pragmatic suggestion and thanks for that, after skill'ing up for years + buying ~500k worth of high efficiency stuff that does not seem to improve things, my trust in MA is a "bit" shaken.

I guess his proposal has some merrit: Try to change things up, even if it means to try hunting with an ep 41, or ep 41 adjusted, some of the old school unlimited weapons with somewhat lower efficiency.

Give it a go, see what happens ;)

October 2019 = +3,885 hunting (100.08% tt)

I did a couple of changes though using the same equipment, so far looks positive after the terrible first half month, tt return in month positive first time since a very long break (May 2018). Cautious optimism mode yet again, hope I can keep this up.

October 2019 = +3,885 hunting (100.08% tt)

I did a couple of changes though using the same equipment, so far looks positive after the terrible first half month, tt return in month positive first time since a very long break (May 2018). Cautious optimism mode yet again, hope I can keep this up.

I like your logs keep it up :wtg:
and gz to the successful month
greetz

Seeing October was good just made me decide to do a run for the first time in 3 months :)) Keep it up :D

November 2019 = +1,754 hunting (99.18% tt)

the month started good, then not good at all until some compensation the very last days of the month, though to make it positive had to add provisional sale which is never good working out wise

cautiously optimistic mode sustained, changed my signature to reflect it :)

November 2019 = +1,754 hunting (99.18% tt)

the month started good, then not good at all until some compensation the very last days of the month, though to make it positive had to add provisional sale which is never good working out wise

cautiously optimistic mode sustained, changed my signature to reflect it :)

I cant believe how consistent you are, month by month, year by year no matter what happens you always hunt regularly.

I was trying to do the same but mannn first i got bored after 2 weeks playing daily, then i understood I am wasting time. I was not spending it with my wife, was not going out, was not seeing friends. I left my bass guitar and bookshelf full of new positions completely unattended. Not mentioning not having time to play real masterpieces like witcher 3 or nier automata. I was coming back from work at 5p.m. - eating, changing, resting a bit and playing 6p.m-9p.m - then bath, and sleep. No time to help keeping our household clean, nice, no shopping etc - all was done by my wife.

EVERY day looked the same and that was killing me. Only entropia and entropia. 10k, 20k, 30k mobs - ultra boring, just pew pew pew with my gun all the time - clicking, boring. I just cant get it how someone can spend 4 or 5 years of life doing this daily.

You are some kind of next level, idk how u keep that pace up and stay alive.

I cant believe how consistent you are, month by month, year by year no matter what happens you always hunt regularly.

I was trying to do the same but mannn first i got bored after 2 weeks playing daily, then i understood I am wasting time. I was not spending it with my wife, was not going out, was not seeing friends. I left my bass guitar and bookshelf full of new positions completely unattended. Not mentioning not having time to play real masterpieces like witcher 3 or nier automata. I was coming back from work at 5p.m. - eating, changing, resting a bit and playing 6p.m-9p.m - then bath, and sleep. No time to help keeping our household clean, nice, no shopping etc - all was done by my wife.

EVERY day looked the same and that was killing me. Only entropia and entropia. 10k, 20k, 30k mobs - ultra boring, just pew pew pew with my gun all the time - clicking, boring. I just cant get it how someone can spend 4 or 5 years of life doing this daily.

You are some kind of next level, idk how u keep that pace up and stay alive.

It's a team effort. Many of us who want to play at the high level but also have a real life have done the same.

So you say he is sharing account with someone?

in the OP he said about 8 years 38K hours sepnt in that timeframe that is close to 13 hours a day every day on average.

i like to know the answer to your question too and if the answer is yes well at least he paid for his time in game and quite a bit if his numbers are correct. There are others that i would bet do the same thing and profit quite a lot of $ from it - exploit? feature?? vote with your wallet.

If OP is the only person playing that ava - he should really re-think the loses as there is opportunity costs to only playing this game - unless he makes a living while playing or has income w/o the need to work.

Othewise he lost the Ped in EU, income from a job, social benefits (depends on country) pesion (maybe), and personal interaction in RL with other RL humans. Not trying to insult or anyting as there are a lot of people that play a lot of hours for lots of reasons, illness, disability etc... hopefully it was a choice.

Hope we get an honest answer.

Yes, he's been very open about that in numerous threads. It is in compliance with the EULA and has been confirmed by support cases.

I did not know MA offically approves of sharing an ava - but i always had a feeling this was being done even years ago. I dont think back then(2007 time) it was approved of -but of course MA took no action either.

I did not know MA offically approves of sharing an ava - but i always had a feeling this was being done even years ago. I dont think back then(2007 time) it was approved of -but of course MA took no action either.

"Approved" is putting it generously. They basically express that if you share your avatar you are relinquishing MA of any responsibility if those people run off with your items.

It was ok to share an avatar back then too, only thing is that if problems occured you had
not got any help solving it (e.g scamming, theft and so on done to that account).
I used my sisters account and avatar as a camera when recording videos from EU and were
approved by MA to do so.

January 2020 = -1,991 hunting (98.34% tt)
as expected down due to December but another nice hof this time from a Proteron, still keeping optimistic outlook for 2020

December 2019 = +17,123 hunting (101.81% tt)

ok its a bit of a wrong number as I postponed enhancer writedown to January but did want to make this big hof month look as great as it did feel (ossse 8.5k)
hopefully looking forward to a great 2020 :)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...achievements&p=3739150&viewfull=1#post3739150

as expected down due to December but another nice hof this time from a Proteron, still keeping optimistic outlook for 2020

I'm loving the optimism mate. Keep up the good work, I am optimistic as well that it will pay off long term.

February 2020 = -5,005 hunting (96.99% tt)
Hofs faded, the optimism starts to fade as well :(

Its kinda rediculous:mad:

Ive already killed thousands of Aurlis. Few Globies Not ONE single HOF at all. :scratch2:WTF:eyecrazy:

Both domes 1 & 4. And I have been grinding like crazy.

Dont the Game host realize that not all HOFs are extracted from the game, but keeps gamers going inside? :confused:

Why ruin the experience for DieHard Entropia Lovers?

[Globals]: Roger Spacejanitor Wilco killed a creature (Aurli Weak) with a value of 2320 PED at Crystal Palace Space Station! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame! :laugh:

Back