FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

@Evey and Girtsn
I see our perspective on things are very different. I think understand your point of view but let me tell you about mine.

You are talking about this as if its a job. Or as girtsn said: "you should not disregard time spent on the mostly repetitive and boring activities of this RCE"
I can respect that, to each his own.

But I was coming from a point of view of someone who actually enjoys the game, the grind and all of it. And being selfsustainable is a very nice thing and rewarding in itself. I have fun grinding and dont see it as a chore. The gameplay itself is the reward for me.

I would suggest you guys should re-evaulate what you're doing if you are doing something mind-numbingly boring for 12 hours a day. Life is too short to be wasted.

Good luck and as I said earlier; I do appreciate this thread and the insight it gives. Only wish it had some more information towards markup for each specific hunt and such because thats a huge part for my own gameplay. But I do realize that thats asking for too much :)

[...]Only wish it had some more information towards markup for each specific hunt and such because thats a huge part for my own gameplay. But I do realize that thats asking for too much :)
You won't find that here because it's the key ingredient Smilgs is actually missing. He's stuck in a never ending battle with the machine, the TT and he's doomed to always loose because you can't win on tt, or even get very close to 100% (on a monthly basis). By loosing I mean he gets mad way too often. Because in the end, winnig or loosing is in the eye of the beholder and it's a perspective based on our expectations.

But I was coming from a point of view of someone who actually enjoys the game, the grind and all of it. And being selfsustainable is a very nice thing and rewarding in itself. I have fun grinding and dont see it as a chore. The gameplay itself is the reward for me.

I would suggest you guys should re-evaulate what you're doing if you are doing something mind-numbingly boring for 12 hours a day. Life is too short to be wasted.
Oh I enjoy the game and I'm on the same path myself. But as a new player, at this, moment you aim to mid game and I can understand you can't see past that point. But the game actually starts there, beyond the "self sustaining point". If things would end there, this game would have died many years ago. Casuals stop there, hardcore players go past and sometimes above 12 hours. And to really learn this game you need to understand both worlds and understand that this game needs casuals and hardcore gamers alike, in order to survive. There's no good or bad way, as long as you don't whine, do whatever the F you want.

I've stated this before in other threads, and so have many others. This game is goal oriented. If your goal is to relax for a few hours a week after work by shooting shit and you don't really care that much about the ped, then the game is still fine. It's probably what MA is looking for. People who depo and never think about withdrawal. It's also probably why they are changing the game to look like every other game out there. They need casual players with money.

If ,on the other hand, you have players like Smilgs who decided to invest his time and a significant ammount of his money in order to see if it's possible to make a profit here, you are as of this moment in deep s**t. Cause it doesn't seem like this game will support individual players grinding away. Not with current systems.

@Evey and Girtsn
This is more than true.

If you spend 5 or 10 hour a day doing something that makes you complain and moan then you are literally wasting your life. Not happy? Leave. You will not have another life, you can't turn back the clock.

One day you will sit in your armchair at 38 or 40 years old or older and you will try sum up your life. You will realize you have wasted most of your young age times clicking on virtual mobs and cursing at other "players" on some niche forum.

I have never heard of a person summing up his life and saying "I wish I have spent more time on disputes on that internet forum" or "I wish I have spent more time and money on that MMO game".

If clicking on this mobs does not bring you full happiness, don't do it. You will waste your life and time. And you will regret it. You will regret that you have spent your best years of life farting in the desk chair in front of your computer clicking on virtual mobs and babycrying on forum. After years you will understand how pathetic way of living you've been leading all the time.

It's brutal but it's true. Do what makes you happy or you will wake up old, alone, regretful and with wasted life. Life is really fucking short, human body is a vulnerable construct, if you know what I mean... if you think " I still have time, I can reach all my goals later" then you are really fucking wrong. Very very wrong.

Do things that make you feel alive.

Why do you acuse them of some favours from MA?

here is why

I've never deposited to lose.Although
I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.

People believe and act like they should be 95-100% + return when shooting garbage tools/skills.
Once again , you are getting back what you are expected to receive based on the input in this game.

I find it very significant for people to understand its actually possible to reach over 95% if you want to.

You don't need to have that money.You just have to believe the system works and then you will do everything possible to burrow the money from somewhere.
Getting the money is the easiest part in 2019.
I've made a lot of effort and sacrificed tons of things for a dream.

Sorry was wrong before, not donald trump (as donald never actually worked), he is the messiah (savior or liberator of a group of people) - "saving" in particular the people having trust issues to commit big amounts of money and effort to grind in Entropia
Messi or anyone else not related to MA has no way of knowing that they would get out of bad return period same as I did not.
He just hoped that it would change one day based on success stories of others same as I did. Fortunately it did.
Though even the details of if / how well he is doing these days or before is again a matter of trusting him as he never published any data to support his claims.
Basically, you should borrow money, buy best gear, acquire best skills and then grind through ~1.5 years of losses because he says you can trust him.
Or have a look at my hunting log and consider it based on actual data.

I knew what I had to do.
I didn't have a problem to constantly lose for 1 year and a half or a bit more or more precisely until I was about level 85-90.
I only deposited to achieve my goals to obtain profit later on. I knew this is how the game works and I just accepted the rules
and trusted the history of the game as being presented by many real life friends who succeeded in the game.

The way that messi talks these days is like he was always convinced he would get through it.
Let me assure you, when he was losing for his initial years just like I did he was just as uncomfortable as anyone would, asking me for advise to try to fix things.
He only got this pissy with me later when I was raising the points in forum that
  • EST armor was being abused by him and many others
  • He was one of those buying strongboxes in 10th of k's $ then withdrawing (and repeat) them again and again to gain even more edge out of crit buffs and tt return

basically being one of the reasons for introduction of loot 2.0

here is why

Sorry was wrong before, not donald trump (as donald never actually worked), he is the messiah (savior or liberator of a group of people) - "saving" in particular the people having trust issues to commit big amounts of money and effort to grind in Entropia
Messi or anyone else not related to MA has no way of knowing that they would get out of bad return period same as I did not.
He just hoped that it would change one day based on success stories of others same as I did. Fortunately it did.
Though even the details of if / how well he is doing these days or before is again a matter of trusting him as he never published any data to support his claims.
Basically, you should borrow money, buy best gear, acquire best skills and then grind through ~1.5 years of losses because he says you can trust him.
Or have a look at my hunting log and consider it based on actual data.

The way that messi talks these days is like he was always convinced he would get through it.
Let me assure you, when he was losing for his initial years just like I did he was just as uncomfortable as anyone would, asking me for advise to try to fix things.
He only got this pissy with me later when I was raising the points in forum that
  • EST armor was being abused by him and many others
  • He was one of those buying strongboxes in 10th of k's $ then withdrawing (and repeat) them again and again to gain even more edge out of crit buffs and tt return

basically being one of the reasons for introduction of loot 2.0

I don't know that much about entropia history, but you're saying not a single person in 10 years were able to profit and the only reason Messi knew it could be possible is cause he got info from Devs?

you're saying not a single person in 10 years were able to profit and the only reason Messi knew it could be possible is cause he got info from Devs?

Hmm, I never said any of those things - where are you pulling them from? Basically he started out the same way I did, trusting the system based on stories of others - and we both made it after suffering losses for extensive period - the difference is that for him (based on his words and also tracker results + items) it never stopped working while for me it has stopped twice now.
This hunting log shows on the first page that it is possible to profit (at least pure hunting balance wise), but that it can be taken away at any time even if you are having quite nice set of skills and equipment and improving them consistently.
What I am saying is that messi should not be trusted as he is obviously lying on top of not providing any supporting data.
The bigger theme, with MA and the mentioned couple of over-positive folks of the forum is that they seem to prefer the forum promotion even if it is based on lies / misinformation / no information. Or it is a big coincidence.

Last edited:
I missed a lot it seems like. Fun stuff to read.

Best part is this:

"I've made a lot of effort and sacrificed tons of things for a dream."

I bet the guy had to look like a vampire, get a white fat belly like an old man at young age. Sacrifice rl life (to have no life) and wants others to do like him to "success". Not even sure I would call that success. Using all cheat methods known to achieve a goal. Can't be trusting such attitude.

But as some said, life is short. You pick and seek success on what you want and have to sacrifice other stuff in other hand. We are here to just choose what we want to do. Best is to balance rl and "game".

I missed a lot it seems like. Fun stuff to read.

Best part is this:

"I've made a lot of effort and sacrificed tons of things for a dream."

I bet the guy had to look like a vampire, get a white fat belly like an old man at young age. Sacrifice rl life (to have no life) and wants others to do like him to "success". Not even sure I would call that success. Using all cheat methods known to achieve a goal. Can't be trusting such attitude.

But as some said, life is short. You pick and seek success on what you want and have to sacrifice other stuff in other hand. We are here to just choose what we want to do. Best is to balance rl and "game".

YOU'RE talking about cheat methods? Thats rich! :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
Tell me, does your bot track things for you too?

The thing that annoys me to no end is that the return system is a holy cow, there cannot be anything wrong with it.
I have been stating since a half year that for me something went dead in terms of the higher multipliers ~June 2018 to December 2018 and had plenty of data comparing to others with similar turnover to illustrate that it is off. "It it dynamic"

Have compiled another view on it just based on EntropiaLife for 1k+ globals and crossreferenced my turnover data to show that something went off in June.

If the lowest average statistic indicator (1k hof sum / turnover) over big sample size has been 4.7, 6.7, 12,5, 13,4, 7.6, 5.5, 6.4 over periods spanning last 6.5 years and then suddenly becomes 0.94 for a half year while only improving on skills, equipment efficiency, looter prof-standings and not substantially changing hunting behavior, isn't this outside of the range of "normal dynamic"?

1k-stats-2018.jpg

The thing that annoys me to no end is that the return system is a holy cow, there cannot be anything wrong with it.
I have been stating since a half year that for me something went dead in terms of the higher multipliers ~June 2018 to December 2018 and had plenty of data comparing to others with similar turnover to illustrate that it is off. "It it dynamic"

Have compiled another view on it just based on EntropiaLife for 1k+ globals and crossreferenced my turnover data to show that something went off in June.

If the lowest average statistic indicator (1k hof sum / turnover) over big sample size has been 4.7, 6.7, 12,5, 13,4, 7.6, 5.5, 6.4 over periods spanning last 6.5 years and then suddenly becomes 0.94 for a half year while only improving on skills, equipment efficiency, looter prof-standings and not substantially changing hunting behavior, isn't this outside of the range of "normal dynamic"?

1k-stats-2018.jpg

Are you surprised that "Entropia is dynamic"? Its pretty much this games catch phrase. You need to roll with it not stubbornly continue what you are doing because "it used to work".

Also those numbers you posted span over time periods where big changes happened, 2.0, efficiency, looter profession.
But more importantly, those numbers and hof/turn over doesnt mean anything unless you stood there grinding the very same mob over and over, which you didnt.

I dont argue whether you had a dip in hofs. Its undeniable. But you are looking at it as if things are broken. Just because something changed doesnt mean its broken, just need to adapt.

Also those numbers you posted span over time periods where big changes happened, 2.0, efficiency, looter profession. But more importantly, those numbers and hof/turn over doesnt mean anything unless you stood there grinding the very same mob over and over, which you didnt.
That is exactly the point, the hof rate I am referring to has been in a certain range 4.7, 6.7, 12,5, 13,4, 7.6, 5.5, 6.4 throughout all those changes (different mobs, buff introduction, buff nerf, loot 2.0, efficiency, looter) for over 6.5 years. The one consistent thing has been turnover which is part of the formula.
Then suddenly without me changing my turnover it dips to 0.9 for a half year and accordingly my tt return to 95%. And all the while I observe other active avatars are getting their hofs regularly as clockwork throughout the year. Broken is maybe not the correct word, nerfed or capped more like it.

Last edited:
Bulks were awful :( fortunately mulcibers gave something back
After some time without enhancers decided to grind a seasonal event with full dmg enhancers, no 5k throughout the 11x attempts

April 2019 = +1,997 hunting (99.16% tt)

To address the many suggestions to stop doing things I am not enjoying.

I am still enjoying the same basic thing that I used to starting the game - the unlimited potential to skill up and follow the progression reaching nice milestones. There is also the same old hope to loot something amazing, though the justification to hope has declined a lot over the years.

The things that make me sad
  • 1. non-sustainability of high turnover hunting considering time spent (and perceived ability of others to do so)
  • -- the above even more so after enjoying what seemed like some months of decent returns
  • -- the above even more so after throwing in more and getting the best semi-unique efficiency setup I could and tiering it up
  • 2. perceived balancing/loot pattern issues

This has resulted in something I never tried before - to try some time in mulcibers.

May 2019 = -14,084 hunting (94.58% tt)

Mulciber experiment, 2 things to say
  • it all went surprisingly stable until 16th of May, then 17th the rext event started and it all went away in blazing speed, 16th was ~+2k and then 4 days later 21st -10k and then some more
  • ruined my experiment of a pure month yet again by breaking teams in the latest update :(

anniversary of sorts
the last time I had a solo hof > 5k was mid June 2018, previous mul event
that is around 3600 hours of hunting practically every day with mostly unique/semiunique high efficiency ul equipment and one of the most skilled avatars in the Universe
exciting... (I would not really mind if the tt return was somewhere in 98% range but it is not)

this mul event was extra sweet tt minus 13.5k and 88.6% tt, with mu minus 11.2k
tt return by run, 6 runs out of 26 being in positive

Last edited:
4.2 and 20.8, worse than in 2012 where I was un-maxed still, makes you feel even better for skilling up
besides ~ half of the 1k+ multipliers have been in team, mostly due to hunting mulcibers
suppose going for a more normal mob it would be more like 31x 1k+ and 62k sum

which would bring the % to 2.8 and count to 14 which is even more out of line with the previous years statistics

I am a fool putting my trust in MA and their sale of the new efficiency and looter skills, as it was working for exactly 4 months, March to June 2018.

At least the ones gambling away on Explosives/mining have the small chance in getting something back via one magic hof, we hunters don't (anymore).

201906-multipliers.jpg

Last edited:
I am a fool putting my trust in MA and their sale of the new efficiency and looter skills, as it was working for exactly 4 months, March to June 2018.

If you're losing fresh deposits, then I suggest you take a long hard think about purpose, what are you trying to achieve in this revised game?

I just checked tracker. I've not logged in since 6th June, and despite the events I'm still 347th best hunter in the month. How many hunters have MA got now? How the hell is such a small player base paying 60+ MA staff not to mention other PP overhead that needs support? Not to mention those players that are only interested in investment return.

I have no interest about MA's player retention (that is their own making), I'm only interested in what they want to charge me for my personal hunting with a super eco weapon. Sadly at the moment I cannot justify the costs. When I feel my deposits are not valued, there really no where to go from there. If as a customer you feel a victim, your choices are limited.

Maybe the loot pool is so small for hard hunting, it simply can't support that style of play anymore? Theres just not enough going in to get something out? Who's knows.

I might have a go at migration, but my gaps between logins are growing to months now rather than weeks. It's a shame, but we don't make the rules, so it's not worth stressing about.

Good luck, if you decide to deposit a few more thousand dollars next month.

Rick.

Something weird happened, fapper looted L4 (what a fringe thing to do considering the decay contribution, what if the hired fapper just leaves with it - but then again this is probably just a walkby drop example, new team name and one of the team with no activity for a month) in the last weekend of the month and excellent tt return from mulcibers as well that weekend, which pushed the month up.

To reflect on it and to bring a green month back instead of another month with loss, I will write down L4 at a provisional MU value to be fixed when it sells.

June 2019 = +5,863 hunting (96.43% tt)

yea but the thing is that there are items in many mulc loots, rapper snappers etc. fapper is practically never getting those throughout a month of everyday shooting, but it managed to get the only rare UL item that dropped in ages - i have heard a thing like this happening also with esi's
my fapper also got items so guess happends somehow

this migration is just as bad as all the previous ones for me, no hofs to speak of, no items neither
July managed to break even, August is looking awful so far -9000 and 90% tt return :(

July 2019 = +3,172 hunting (96.67% tt)

Last runs in August including MU

Last edited:
this migration is just as bad as all the previous ones for me, no hofs to speak of, no items neither
July managed to break even, August is looking awful so far -9000 and 90% tt return :(

July 2019 = +3,172 hunting (96.67% tt)

Practically all people i've asked about their migration return they've said around 89-90%. It's as if MA remade it to a milking migration 2.0 :laugh:
Does your July MU return also accounts for the unlimited Emik Enigma gun you looted earlier?

No I put the L4 in June with an imaginary sales number to make myself feel better :(
July pulled through mostly due to great start of July then went to shit which is how August is going so far.
Paid vacation anyone? :(
Practically all people i've asked about their migration return they've said around 89-90%. It's as if MA remade it to a milking migration 2.0 :laugh:
Does your July MU return also accounts for the unlimited Emik Enigma gun you looted earlier?

No I put the L4 in June with an imaginary sales number to make myself feel better :(
July pulled through mostly due to great start of July then went to shit which is how August is going so far.
Paid vacation anyone? :(

Sorry to hear m8, hope it turns towards the positive side soon.

August is looking awful so far -9000

Mmmmmm sorry to hear.

I do wonder about daily global caps in this game, regardless how eco your gear is. I had a few nice globals this evening was good fun, i was even up 200. Then stupidly decided to do an extra run with a complete global ban for over 3 hours on LT Doms (or as i like to call it.... card clean).

It's getting boring these 'predictable' card cleans though, followed up by another 2 months of waiting for deed divs to come in again....yawn yawn...yawn.. yawn.

I'm waiting for MA to 'earn' more deposits, the message will sink in eventually. Or maybe it wont.....whatever.

I honestly don't know how you afford it fella, you've obviously got a better job than me, or some nasty credit card bills.

Why do you keep chasing nothing?

I dare you to log in, kill one mulicber.....don't loot it and log out. Treat it like doing a sudoku, but not entering the 'last' number....hahaha. test if your brain can handle that shit.

Rick.

August 2019 = -15,611 hunting (93.61% tt)

August ended as expected, greatest event of the year :( no bigger hofs during migration, no items neither.

Reactions: das
one famous streamer said your helpers stealing great amount of peds from your acc every month. I hope its just stupid rumours, but numbers look pretty strange from month to month. About items. Im pretty sure u looted Swine Deluxe yesterday, but maybe it was already september for you

one famous streamer said your helpers stealing great amount of peds from your acc every month. I hope its just stupid rumours, but numbers look pretty strange from month to month. About items. Im pretty sure u looted Swine Deluxe yesterday, but maybe it was already september for you

Omegaton ASG-2 Swine Deluxe which now costs maybe 1.5k??? will help a lot with -15k in a month :) learning from past mistake of Enigma L4 and others before that, not writing it down in advance as all prices are going down. Optimism is for fools and messi and other chosens in EU current state.

Also looting something like this always made me wonder, what is the amount that MA considers you owe to the system when looting something quite rare. E.g. what is the value they assign to rare loots, is it aligned with the current pricing or with pricing of 2008 like the tier system is?

As for "famous streamers" saying this or that, interesting how/where they get their info suppose same place that mr trump pulls it from? From my side it seems that
* I personally know them since ages and trust them with my whole set of items and avatar also since ages
* It would be extremely silly for them (having main part of the income coming from this activity) to try to lower my income when I have been losing losing and constantly considering to shut it down
* I would notice a difference in tt return vs. the globals, it is very easy to spot and I am still doing my runs so can compare.
* Any trades / dropped loot can be verified with support

Imho my hofs have somehow been reduced which makes my tt return quite crappy. I have not had a solo 6k+ hof after June 2018 while other actives keep on piling them up. At least in old times you had hopes for breaking even with that one big hof some day, even that has been taken away... The numbers are as follows.

The graph of tt return clearly shows that after things went to shit for me somewhere mid 2016, it has not really improved although those 3 months in 2018 (March to June) just after I bought the high efficiency unique sword were hopeful.
tt-return-2019-08.jpg

The 0.94% compared to average of 5%+ before of 1k+ hofs in second half of 2018 also clearly shows something broken in terms of hofs. Even the current 4.42% can only really be explained by counting in the hofs from mulcibers which are kind of guaranteed, taking them out leaves ~ 2.2% which is not comparable to previous averages.
1k-hofs-2019-08.jpg

Back