FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

remove request, based on a misunderstanding

Last edited:
so finally MA kindof allowed me to do the 10% (well 9.99%) tax experiment without disruptions on osse stalkers
also like ever so often on Caly recently no hofs over 2k, so no unexpected bumps which is kindof good for stats
the result is pretty clear, significant portion of the tax is deducted from returns - which is to be expected @ 9.99%
before taxes -31885, 88.5% tt
for June, plan is tax 3.99% and see if the return difference is around 6% (hopefully no distractions)
and ideally at some point 0% and see if the return difference is around 9.99%
May 2017 = -7,836 hunting (96.8% tt)

Props for putting the tax theory to test..

The only trouble is the variance with such large mobs.. but you grind so much it might not even matter.

June 2017 = -581 hunting (97.63% tt)

1. tax experiment
before taxes, 94.4% tt return on 3.99% tax compared to 88.5% with 9.99% tax last month
so actual difference was 6%, which is what I expected (my theory is that the return difference between reasonably taxed land say 4% and "untaxed land" is less than 4%)
again no bigger hofs (seems to be new normal on caly) which helps the experiment, but yet MA might have screwed it by introducing loot 2.0 half way
before 20th of June, the tt return before taxes was 97% and after that (loot 2.0), it went to 91%
might have been it would have been balanced also with loot 1.0, will never know
I will still compare what happens wrt. loot 2.0 on "untaxed" area vs. taxed osses (0% osses and eomons both seem good candidates) might take a while

2. loot 2.0
  • - next month will tell more, but so far seems to be lowered as above - seems unfair it's not like Smilgs was in the 2% club since April 2016
  • + we are getting more crapnel -> more ammo, and some stackables went up in MU, not bad
  • - hof list seems to become even more boring than before
  • ? seems quite some supposedly profiting ubers started radically changing mobs / creating sell out threads briefly after introduction, maybe effect of 98% to see returns improve vs 2% mentioned by MA? of course they will deny it (with the best intentions for everyone in game of course), but ivi's comment I saw in some thread here seem to also indicate it is the case. If so, is this a bad thing - hmm, while their supposed profits might have been unreasonably high, I am also expecting to return to profit some day, which might not be possible anymore.

3. buying boxes for buffs
  • - tried to buy some boxes to get the skill pills, but stopped as soon they switched to drop the easter egg buffs in waves and won't buy again at least until they change the drop system - did not see any indication in loot 2.0 notes that they did anything about the waves like promised?
  • - imho the only way to surely break even / gain is by getting some really good UL rings (meaning spending thousands and thousands of $ or being exceptionally lucky). As you are getting around 90% tt return in actual ammo, you are committing yourself to getting like 110% tt return by using the buffs otherwise (of course there is some gain by skill pills and others, but not really return wise) to get to same level of pedcard as via a "normal deposit"

3. buying boxes for buffs
  • - tried to buy some boxes to get the skill pills, but stopped as soon they switched to drop the easter egg buffs in waves and won't buy again at least until they change the drop system - did not see any indication in loot 2.0 notes that they did anything about the waves like promised?
  • - imho the only way to surely break even / gain is by getting some really good UL rings (meaning spending thousands and thousands of $ or being exceptionally lucky). As you are getting around 90% tt return in actual ammo, you are committing yourself to getting like 110% tt return by using the buffs otherwise (of course there is some gain by skill pills and others, but not really return wise) to get to same level of pedcard as via a "normal deposit"

in order to profit you have to get over 111,11% return assuming from a initial depo of 100ped in boxes you get 90% ammo if you cycle those 90ped you need 11,11% from the 90ped on top to have 100% again.

But don't worry most business get that wrong. Grocery stores for example when they advertise with "VAT-back" Discounts

thanks for absolutely correct math tip, though here it was an intended approximation - my 90% is also likely off as of on my limited 1500$ experience :)
in order to profit you have to get over 111,11% return assuming from a initial depo of 100ped in boxes you get 90% ammo if you cycle those 90ped you need 11,11% from the 90ped on top to have 100% again.

Looks like your results are about the same as mine following 2.0. I too wonder if it is possible to profit now... I guess time will tell. I'm curious as to the alleged 98% who were supposed to benefit from this - what they are experiencing...

June 2017 =

1. tax experiment
before taxes, 94.4% tt return on 3.99% tax compared to 88.5% with 9.99%

0.944/(1-0.0399)=0.885/(1-.0999)

Conclusive. Now go hunt the osse on RT for virtually free.

as conclusive - that was never my theory, some asked to test this nonsense and I complied for some reason :)
my theory is and remains that for a reasonable tax rate (something below 4%), the difference in tt return % would be less than the LA tax rate
of course this could be untrue or changed by the loot 2.0 :)
0.944/(1-0.0399)=0.885/(1-.0999)
Conclusive. Now go hunt the osse on RT for virtually free.

as conclusive - that was never my theory, some asked to test this nonsense and I complied for some reason :)
my theory is and remains that for a reasonable tax rate (something below 4%), the difference in tt return % would be less than the LA tax rate
of course this could be untrue or changed by the loot 2.0 :)

I am still way over with taxed vs. untaxed (my las being untaxed). However, I always believed (as shown by my data), that the wave loots seem to make it so that tax is not as punitive as people make it out to be. Now with 2.0, everything is punitive even untaxed since mindark seemed to think it was a good idea to destabilize everything.

July 2017 = -11,929 hunting (94.31% tt)

That's after looting one 100+ ped esi, angel gloves M and kinetic amp III - bringing the return to whopping 96.67%. Worst migration ever. And yes I know people are getting those hofs and full esi's like crazy. So some are doing good indeed.

All that loot 2.0 advertising.
Basically it seems it was a way to try to lower tt returns for ones tt profiting using buffs MA were so actively marketing and selling (both in boxes as well as event prizes).
Never mind that the ones really having tt profit all left / switched to other activities, who remained are suckers like me who just keep on getting milked even more.

But not only that, no - why stop there. I was expecting to see some return increase with thel2.0.
Instead my tt returns (which btw finally did see a small upside after 12 months of -87.5k after acquiring event viridian gun and modified viceroy armor) plummeted from 97% to 94%
Maybe it's also the skills though, MA said they will be taken into account into loot calculation, probably they are but the more you have the less return you get.

Will see how it goes with the Easter ring 2016 added to setup (maxing out the focus blow and bringing crit % to 22%), but expecting even worse tt return as of above :(
Was probably just as dumb as buying the viridian gun and modified viceroy, but I still have hopes some day MA would fix it :(

July 2017 = -11,929 hunting (94.31% tt)

That's after looting one 100+ ped esi, angel gloves M and kinetic amp III - bringing the return to whopping 96.67%. Worst migration ever. And yes I know people are getting those hofs and full esi's like crazy. So some are doing good indeed.

All that loot 2.0 advertising.
Basically it seems it was a way to try to lower tt returns for ones tt profiting using buffs MA were so actively marketing and selling (both in boxes as well as event prizes).
Never mind that the ones really having tt profit all left / switched to other activities, who remained are suckers like me who just keep on getting milked even more.

But not only that, no - why stop there. I was expecting to see some return increase with thel2.0.
Instead my tt returns (which btw finally did see a small upside after 12 months of -87.5k after acquiring event viridian gun and modified viceroy armor) plummeted from 97% to 94%
Maybe it's also the skills though, MA said they will be taken into account into loot calculation, probably they are but the more you have the less return you get.

Will see how it goes with the Easter ring 2016 added to setup (maxing out the focus blow and bringing crit % to 22%), but expecting even worse tt return as of above :(
Was probably just as dumb as buying the viridian gun and modified viceroy, but I still have hopes some day MA would fix it :(

crit dmg and crit chance got nerfed heavily... why would you buy that stuff now? Oo

maybe try some different armors / plates vs the mobs you hunt and check with less crit dmg and crit chance but with more dps... or just tune down some maturities / hp level

I gotta ask, how much did Easter 2016 go for?

crit dmg and crit chance got nerfed heavily... why would you buy that stuff now? Oo

maybe try some different armors / plates vs the mobs you hunt and check with less crit dmg and crit chance but with more dps... or just tune down some maturities / hp level

He needs to be shooting 8-12 ped mobs but he won't. So he'll likely keep losing ped. He'd need another shooter with the same setup to overcome variance on mobs he hunts

I gotta ask, how much did Easter 2016 go for?

Had to be over 395k, right? Isn't that the number people were throwing around that it is "worth".

Right?

"anything less than 200k is a steal"

Maybe he got a steal :deal:

crit buffs bugged and worst eomon migration since 2012

Thought the worst thing by adding 2% crit chance and 8% crit dmg increase that could happen is no effect - as it would make sense and MA said so. But no I was so naive. Minus 27,335 peds and tt return went from 94.3% in July to 91.09% in August. And that includes looting and selling an A204.
Makes it the worst tt return since October 2014, worst return since September 2011 and definitely worst eomon migration since 2012. Tried dmg enhancers as they were relatively cheap and ppl were saying that DPS matters. To no positive effect.

Feel so betrayed by this game developers & balancers. And so dumb for putting in so much time, money and thoughts into something that is clearly broken with no way out.
  • MA screwing up completely the crit buffs which they sold and continue to sell and I spent heavily on + refusing to acknowledge that it is an awful move + broken / fix it somehow.
  • Some profited 800k+ last years mostly on basis of EST which I refused to use, and how were they affected? Well they left as it is not so bad with 800k in profits and EST to TT/sell cheap. Meanwhile others like me that were already losing last years and sticking around are paying for it.
  • Support telling again and again that the system is working perfectly when clearly it cannot be with these return figures.
Thank you so much MA :(
Exact figures later today.

Last edited:
you are smarter than these why continue to hunt them? to prove your point? you did hunt small to big big to small so your data is not enough.

The data is never enough. I have been hunting alpha's mostly for over the last 3 migrations, think it is enough to draw a conclusion on how much worse this migration & loot 2.0 has become for me.
As for why did I continue, well this is an MA marketed main event of the year - if you have any trust left. Another reason was I was waiting to get LA25 back and return to osseos.
you are smarter than these why continue to hunt them? to prove your point? you did hunt small to big big to small so your data is not enough.

Try taking all the crit buffs off, including the Viridian, see what happens.

Fuck that!
Do olds & heal yourself.. try an armor setup that you think is ok & if you're not dure, ask me to watch you.

Maybe girtsn the crit nerf has another agenda.

What's to say MA isn't happy with someone or a few holding too many ares imp rings, and forcing them to dump them back on the market. There's been 1.4K sales, I don't know what that equates too in actual number of rings plus the rings that never got listed.

Although over the years, there's always been an agenda. I don't think MA likes hoarding.

Bit like the 1000's of VI melee amps gradually dropping onto the market from 10000's of DNA's from last migration.

Market manipulation is rife in EU, always has been.

It's interesting the panic sales of stuff right now. First there's nothing for hunters to buy, now everything is for sale.

I don't make the rules, just say what I see.

Rick

Thought the worst thing by adding 2% crit chance and 8% crit dmg increase that could happen is no effect - as it would make sense and MA said so. But no I was so naive. Minus 27000 peds and tt return went from 94.3% in July to 91% in August. And that includes looting an selling an A204.
Makes it the worst tt return since October 2014, worst return since September 2011 and definitely worst eomon migration since 2012. Tried dmg enhancers as they were relatively cheap and ppl were saying that DPS matters. To no positive effect.

Feel so betrayed by this game developers & balancers. And so dumb for putting in so much time, money and thoughts into something that is clearly broken with no way out.
  • MA screwing up completely the crit buffs which they sold and continue to sell and I spent heavily on + refusing to acknowledge that it is an awful move + broken / fix it somehow.
  • Some profited 800k+ last years mostly on basis of EST which I refused to use, and how were they affected? Well they left as it is not so bad with 800k in profits and EST to TT/sell cheap. Meanwhile others like me that were already losing last years and sticking around are paying for it.
  • Support telling again and again that the system is working perfectly when clearly it cannot be with these return figures.
Thank you so much MA :(
Exact figures later today.

Just wondering, you have been complaining about eomon for a long time now.
Why didnt you just stop hunting them and change mobs instead of being so stubborn?

So how can you suggest the system is broken if you have just hunted 1 mob type all over?

Also, yes, MA screwed up the initial critical buffs, you can blame them for sure, but dont blame them for fixing that!
Thats what you wanted in the first place.
And besides, MA did not sell those buffs, they mostly "gave it away" as bonuses in boxes or as prices during events.

That some people where willing to pay 40k $ for an easter ring was their own choice and at own risk. MA never got that 40k $ for an easter ring, did they?

Yes, 800k profit is insane, madness and unhealthy for the game. But isnt that just about the main reason they fixed this buff system?

Now we all know that you did shitty on eomon, but how long have we got to hear this?

Just wondering, what will you do if you get that 40k ATH which will get your returns on track with a single mob. Will you take all your comments back? Or doesnt that count?

Why didnt you just stop hunting them and change mobs instead of being so stubborn?

So how can you suggest the system is broken if you have just hunted 1 mob type all over?

Also, yes, MA screwed up the initial critical buffs, you can blame them for sure, but dont blame them for fixing that!
And besides, MA did not sell those buffs, they mostly "gave it away" as bonuses in boxes or as prices during events.

That some people where willing to pay 40k $ for an easter ring was their own choice and at own risk. MA never got that 40k $ for an easter ring, did they?

Yes, 800k profit is insane, madness and unhealthy for the game. But isnt that just about the main reason they fixed this buff system?

Now we all know that you did shitty on eomon, but how long have we got to hear this?

Just wondering, what will you do if you get that 40k ATH which will get your returns on track with a single mob. Will you take all your comments back? Or doesnt that count?

I'm actually physically laughing right now.....so funny.

• A game that prides itself using PR for the highest value items sold.
  • A game that invented strongboxes with items that had implied value, of which I'm sure they made millions of $ on.
  • A game that recently admitted that you don't loot cool items unless you can send you efficiency rating through the roof (i.e you can't loot special/cool items without that rating). I feel conned the last 10 years.
  • A game that limits such special eco items to the few, to promote high value sales.
I'd be more interested in girtsn overall income over the years. If he got the LA via profits and most of his gear via profits he's done very well indeed compared to the majority of us.

However I don't like this blaming it on the player rubbish. We don't make the rules or change the game, or continually move the goal posts (so most of us, are just out of reach). We don't make it expensive, we shouldn't have to feel like shit for buying items or deeds based on promises that are either not delivered, or change over night.

What about those plot owners that built the buildings to grow the fruits to make the special guns, that more or less instantly was out classed by the new ArMatrix. How does that build trust. Glad I never touched it myself.

Sure I'd agree that single handedly girtsn has probably made a huge impact on negative community spirit, being a super uber and all. Maybe that's just what MA wanted though, a super devaluation of items? Devaluation been going on for the last 5 years+, maybe MA are pleased. Maybe the reset MA probably really desire to make the game more affordable for all is moving a little quicker then planned. Maybe girtsn is doing their job for them?

But hey, it is what it is. Ironically Ma need to be careful, Ma might be dripping the MF amps in slowly because they're not getting the "big" sales values they probably expected (the thing you say they don't do), so now the cave hunters are scratching their heads saying "where are these drops". But can you blame people? Our fingers got burned on nearly everything. What's the plan? pay 2K for an MF amp, and then MA drop thousands of them and laughs at us?

Uber or not uber, when we buy items, we all get burned. Sad but true.

Rick

I'm actually physically laughing right now.....so funny.

• A game that prides itself using PR for the highest value items sold.
  • A game that invented strongboxes with items that had implied value, of which I'm sure they made millions of $ on.
  • A game that recently admitted that you don't loot cool items unless you can send you efficiency rating through the roof (i.e you can't loot special/cool items without that rating). I feel conned the last 10 years.
  • A game that limits such special eco items to the few, to promote high value sales.
I'd be more interested in girtsn overall income over the years. If he got the LA via profits and most of his gear via profits he's done very well indeed compared to the majority of us.

However I don't like this blaming it on the player rubbish. We don't make the rules or change the game, or continually move the goal posts (so most of us, are just out of reach). We don't make it expensive, we shouldn't have to feel like shit for buying items or deeds based on promises that are either not delivered, or change over night.

What about those plot owners that built the buildings to grow the fruits to make the special guns, that more or less instantly was out classed by the new ArMatrix. How does that build trust. Glad I never touched it myself.

Sure I'd agree that single handedly girtsn has probably made a huge impact on negative community spirit, being a super uber and all. Maybe that's just what MA wanted though, a super devaluation of items? Devaluation been going on for the last 5 years+, maybe MA are pleased. Maybe the reset MA probably really desire to make the game more affordable for all is moving a little quicker then planned. Maybe girtsn is doing their job for them?

But hey, it is what it is. Ironically Ma need to be careful, Ma might be dripping the MF amps in slowly because they're not getting the "big" sales values they probably expected (the thing you say they don't do), so now the cave hunters are scratching their heads saying "where are these drops". But can you blame people? Our fingers got burned on nearly everything. What's the plan? pay 2K for an MF amp, and then MA drop thousands of them and laughs at us?

Uber or not uber, when we buy items, we all get burned. Sad but true.

Rick

All nice and all, but that doesnt mean my post wasnt correct.

Rick, I dont blame anyone, no players and not MA, I just was seriously wondering why girts just kept hunting eomon while he got crap results. Why didnt he change mob?
Isnt that a valid question?

Also I remain with my point that MA doesnt set item prices. Some lucky guy just took the 40k ped some other poor guy paid for. Has nothing to do with MA. Sure, they set the playing field, but we still decide ourself what we want to pay/invest/risk to play in that field.
Unless you're a 1 year noob, you must know after 10+ years that EU is dynamic and that things will keep changing.
Common, dont be ignorant and say how you wish it was, but just be real and know how it actually is!

Well, SBI, it has nothing to do with a lack of empatyhy. My post just contained valid questions, but instead of neg repping, just be a man and post your arguments here.

first, I switched mobs as of 1st September as I got my LA25 back
as for not switching earlier, 3 reasons
1. hope based on decent last years and da's profits + hoping that MA would come to their senses / system balance itself, in vain as usual
2. migration has been going on for 2 months, I did one month without easter ring 2016 and then naturally wanted to see how it would go maxing the focus blow, well it went much worse
3. my hunting log is about showing what people can profit/lose by hunting with quite big turnover, surely 1 of the 2 biggest events organized by MA is a decent use case to show it
Because I can compare to the previous eomon migrations and second month with higer buffs to the one with lower buffs.
Sure I wanted them to remove EST as it is a limited item and is completely outbalanced - and honestly I am not the only one who observed that, everyone objective was. Instead of doing that they nullified or even worse all of the crit buffs. Well thanks a lot :(
And besides, MA did not sell those buffs, they mostly "gave it away" as bonuses in boxes or as prices during events. That some people where willing to pay 40k $ for an easter ring was their own choice and at own risk. MA never got that 40k $ for an easter ring, did they?
They (mostly) dropped them in strongboxes taking profits from the process. They made Easter ring 2016 so expensive as there are only 3 instances of the ring (never to come again as of 2016 and 2017 version was way worse) and as it is the only one with left hand crit buffs. You had to spend a lot of TT and even more in MU to get the modified viceroy. You had to spend a lot to acquire the needed tokens to get the viridian mayhem guns.
the main point is that it should have been balanced just like they respected that imk2 has always been a superiour efficiency gun. the more relevant buyers spending way more than imk2 costs these days got all screwed meanwhile. it was the most ridiculous "fix" I have seen yet.
was doing really bad way before this year eomons (minus 85k since april 2016), suppose mainly because I refused to exploit EST. then I did reasonably better for some months start of this year when acquired the viridian gun + modified viceroy. now, after acquiring easter ring 2016, I am doing worse than 2011 and that was really really bad. isn't someone who skills up to lvl 200 and lvl 100 evader and acquires some of the best equipment in game to hunt expected to be at least somewhat close to breaking even?
I'm afraid that's not how the return system works (my big hofs came when I was already doing well) but sure if my returns be 97% tt return +, I would not have blamed loot 2.0 for breaking everything for me. Now I am on my way to losing and losing and losing again. Besides, a 40k ATH would not even out what they did to the crit buffs not even closely.

first, I switched mobs as of 1st September as I got my LA25 back
as for not switching earlier, 3 reasons
1. hope based on decent last years and da's profits + hoping that MA would come to their senses / system balance itself, in vain as usual
2. migration has been going on for 2 months, I did one month without easter ring 2016 and then naturally wanted to see how it would go maxing the focus blow, well it went much worse
3. my hunting log is about showing what people can profit/lose by hunting with quite big turnover, surely 1 of the 2 biggest events organized by MA is a decent use case to show it

Because I can compare to the previous eomon migrations and second month with higer buffs to the one with lower buffs.

Lol, good to read that you're honest enough to say it was "in vain as usual" to get the balance back.
We all know that it doesnt work that way and that the harder we hope the more we lose. ;)
So I guess your biggest mistake lies therein. Just to have stuck at Eomon, digging a deeper and deeper grave for yourself. Sadly but true.

Sure I wanted them to remove EST as it is a limited item and is completely outbalanced - and honestly I am not the only one who observed that, everyone objective was. Instead of doing that they nullified or even worse all of the crit buffs. Well thanks a lot :(

Well, I totally agree that was outbalanced. But the EST was mostly outbalanced to the FB buffs that greatly enhanced that effect. So I think it was obvious that ALL had to be rebalanced to prevent people scoping pout 800k profits.

They (mostly) dropped them in strongboxes taking profits from the process. They made Easter ring 2016 so expensive as there are only 3 instances of the ring (never to come again as of 2016 and 2017 version was way worse) and as it is the only one with left hand crit buffs. You had to spend a lot of TT and even more in MU to get the modified viceroy. You had to spend a lot to acquire the needed tokens to get the viridian mayhem guns.

the main point is that it should have been balanced just like they respected that imk2 has always been a superiour efficiency gun. the more relevant buyers spending way more than imk2 costs these days got all screwed meanwhile. it was the most ridiculous "fix" I have seen yet.

That still doesnt make MA set those ridiculous prices. I see it as MA dropped some "prices" and others paid way to much to get those prices. Thinking if I pay much I win much. But there should have come your extensive knowledge about MA is the dynamic way they balance EU.

was doing really bad way before this year eomons (minus 85k since april 2016), suppose mainly because I refused to exploit EST. then I did reasonably better for some months start of this year when acquired the viridian gun + modified viceroy. now, after acquiring easter ring 2016, I am doing worse than 2011 and that was really really bad. isn't someone who skills up to lvl 200 and lvl 100 evader and acquires some of the best equipment in game to hunt expected to be at least somewhat close to breaking even?

I'm afraid that's not how the return system works (my big hofs came when I was already doing well) but sure if my returns be 97% tt return +, I would not have blamed loot 2.0 for breaking everything for me. Now I am on my way to losing and losing and losing again. Besides, a 40k ATH would not even out what they did to the crit buffs not even closely.

At least this does confirm it wasnt loot 2.0 that killed your return as you claim you did bad before loot 2.0.
Just wondering, how much where you in the plus (after those big hofs) and before you started this horrible run?

27K minus is just 1 big hof to even it all out.
But dont claim MA should compensate your loss of item MU by giving more loot. That was your own decision to buy those.

Let it be noted though that I do feel your pain and I can fully imagine that you're very much frustrated about these steady losses.
But I guess they came in extra hard for you since you expected to actually win when you bought those stuff. That increases the pain even more when you see that investment not paying off.

But I guess thats the nature of "investments", they can pay out, or they can evaporate.

Not saying you're wrong at all Wizz. I get it; "if it's not working, why keep doing it".

It's just always made me smile in PCF when there's always a reason for returns not coming, it's always the players fault. MA didn't tell you too shoot. In fact I remember that once when an MA official said that about shared on robots one year.....lol.

I think it went something like this:

"We've been shooting for days, when are you dropping that big one"
Answer "well...we didn't tell you to shoot".

LOL..... I've never forgotten that. The puppeteer, blaming the puppets.

In MA defence, they could've been recouping some peds from a high MU sale to balance his ava. Maybe girtsn was so far up in previous months, that MA wanted to balance that back....who knows. Maybe once he's worked through that pain, it will all be smiles again.

Anyway not pointing the finger at you, we're still here whatever MA throws at us. Just saying we're the pets, MA feed us what they want. Choice is an illusion most of the time.

Smiles....I'm outta here

Rick

You are quite a selective reader :)
Gave quite a lot of other valid reasons why did not switch from eomons after the 1st month, actually also because many myself included would say "turnover not enough".
My tt return dropped from 94% to 91% after applying more fb, this can not be balanced by any changes in the loot composition unless they drop UL items every month on a big turnover. This also can in no way be explained by eomons, rather by crit buffs being bugged.
It would have been fine to rebalance, not totally remove the effect + remove tt return on top even more by using the crit buffs.
As for the ridiculous prices, it is all about return expectations and trust (400k is a made up figure, never went that high as far I know). The ones buying were willing to trust and expecting to improve their returns - that has been the case since the beginning of the game and still was respected for imk2 for some reason. The end effect is that the trust of the recent spenders is damaged. Which is very bad for a cash based game.
Questions on how much was I in profit at any point, check the thread you are in (first 2 pages).

As for MA I don't expect they will be fixing anything as they don't care about the return effects of individual players nor the situation they have put them in by their actions. I can just bother them with support cases and keep on posting my returns which hopefully helps some to not trust the system as I did and became stuck in it.

So I guess your biggest mistake lies therein. Just to have stuck at Eomon, digging a deeper and deeper grave for yourself. Sadly but true.
So I think it was obvious that ALL had to be rebalanced to prevent people scoping pout 800k profits.
That still doesnt make MA set those ridiculous prices.
Just wondering, how much where you in the plus (after those big hofs) and before you started this horrible run?
Let it be noted though that I do feel your pain and I can fully imagine that you're very much frustrated about these steady losses.
But I guess they came in extra hard for you since you expected to actually win when you bought those stuff. That increases the pain even more when you see that investment not paying off.
But I guess thats the nature of "investments", they can pay out, or they can evaporate.

The one thing I will take from this is to simply invest my ££££ in places with better ROI.

As for the ridiculous prices, it is all about return expectations and trust (400k is a made up figure, never went that high as far I know). The ones buying were willing to trust and expecting to improve their returns - that has been the case since the beginning of the game and still was respected for imk2 for some reason. The end effect is that the trust of the recent spenders is damaged. Which is very bad for a cash based game..

yes, totally right about that.

Like I said, MA initially made a grave error with those buffs. And they took some quite desperate measures to fix it.
But if they wouldnt have taken such drastic actions I fear the end result would have been far more fatal then the loss of trust of some high rollers.

Maybe with these actions they might have just regained the trust of the low rollers who were actually the milking cows of the net profiteers.

Where some lose, others might win.

Just sucks for you that you're on the wrong side of the line.

I guess I've said all I had to say, so let me end you with the blessing of my desk Budha who happens to be good friends with Lootius. He just whispered to me your time will come for sure. But he also mentioned it wouldn't come from an eomon ;)

G'luck mate, I really h ope your returns pick up again!

Back