FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

The suggeston these days is the same, get a ranged gun and go exploit that f^&^*^&* exploit armor with 60% crit. Well I won't, this crosses my line.

I got a imk2 and EST set but I never use it. Dusting in storage ^^

ye same,i have perf tegr and est and seldom use it,its just such an hassle to use,keep track of environment for respawn and walking backwards,and i cant say i notice difference in loot

Not that many options after modmerc. What do you think? :D

The suggeston these days is the same, get a ranged gun and go exploit that f^&^*^&* exploit armor with 60% crit. Well I won't, this crosses my line.

This is why I asked the question. Skilling has been great, and loot has not been terrible with my "uneco" HL18 SGA, but once I hit 100 all around this year I will be keeping my mind open for additional options and wanted to see what people were thinking about. I have always wanted a Mod Merc, and have been skilling for years to be able to wield one efficiently, but I am curious about Smilgs results with his MM, and others experience with ranged.

can post nice skill achievements all I want, the returns are not coming back to sustainable :(
1 or 2 months left at this speed

February 2017 = -10,403 hunting (95.77% tt)

P.S. Guess the only reason this is not -15k or more is as of 8K hof which happens once every 3 months since mid 2016 (before that bigh hofs were a monthly thing)

Is your current ring setup still perfected ares & athenic?

Have you though of switch up to summer ring and maybe Christmas 2016/hw15?

I'd imagine since dropping scopes these could help in the dpp area a little bit. Just speculating though.

You have the skills and you grind enough. Either your luck is dogshit the last 6 months or you need to switch up something. Leaving calypso and trying out ark mobs might be a good idea as well. Caly loot is kinda fucked up.

Is your current ring setup still perfected ares & athenic?

Have you though of switch up to summer ring and maybe Christmas 2016/hw15?

I'd imagine since dropping scopes these could help in the dpp area a little bit. Just speculating though.

You have the skills and you grind enough. Either your luck is dogshit the last 6 months or you need to switch up something. Leaving calypso and trying out ark mobs might be a good idea as well. Caly loot is kinda fucked up.

caly loot always sucks. yes its nice that you can sell your loot kinda easily there, but the 101% on most stuff wont help at 5% lower tt return on average...

caly loot always sucks. yes its nice that you can sell your loot kinda easily there, but the 101% on most stuff wont help at 5% lower tt return on average...

Haven't seen the 5%.. but there's more variance for sure.

Haven't seen the 5%.. but there's more variance for sure.

But grinding at Smilgs level without a huuuuuuuuuge bankroll would make him need to travel back/forth from caly daily to fill auction to keep 20 slots limit and sell enough to keep hunting.

Selling on Arkadia auction is not an option as the auction is broken until they admit to the sapce failure. Remove space/make interplanetary auction/open teleporters for free between planets and problem is fixed.. Feels like I'm repeating myself but it really doesn't work like it is now.

But grinding at Smilgs level without a huuuuuuuuuge bankroll would make him need to travel back/forth from caly daily to fill auction to keep 20 slots limit and sell enough to keep hunting.

Selling on Arkadia auction is not an option as the auction is broken until they admit to the sapce failure. Remove space/make interplanetary auction/open teleporters for free between planets and problem is fixed.. Feels like I'm repeating myself but it really doesn't work like it is now.

There are pros and cons to eveeything. Until wools and oils crashed, we regularly had resellers on Arkadia. When my bankroll gets back up, I'll be back to buying loots from people who hunt on my LAs.

There are pros and cons to eveeything. Until wools and oils crashed, we regularly had resellers on Arkadia. When my bankroll gets back up, I'll be back to buying loots from people who hunt on my LAs.

You never let go of a chance to market your LA do you? :D Hunting on a taxed LA beat the purpose on going to Arkadia in the first place since you don't gain that much markup and when the profit from the gained markup is eaten up by tax it's kinda useless.

You never let go of a chance to market your LA do you? :D Hunting on a taxed LA beat the purpose on going to Arkadia in the first place since you don't gain that much markup and when the profit from the gained markup is eaten up by tax it's kinda useless.

Has nothing to do with marketing my las, mr. Waste no time to champion removal of space. What you missed was that resellers exist on planets. Given the opportunity, people will create the market.

As for the tax, I won't argue but I disagree with your assessment although understand your angle for logistic reasons as my data (and several others on the eu discord) does not support your argument. But it's your style. You can play how you want. It's not meaningful to this conversation.

how I love this parody since april 2016, show on how it needs players to buy those boxes otherwise does not consider worthwhile?
also special credits to MA for
* taking into account all those skill gained and equipment improved
* stopping all that L armor exploiting early and effectively
* dropping those 2016 easter rings in the lottery not availabe via ingame funds
* changing everything way worse when stopping on mk2 scope and sight, just look at that tt drop
* changing everything way better when switching the viridian, just look at that tt increase
really thank you so much! love, out...
March 2017 = -15,525 hunting (92.97% tt)

how I love this parody since april 2016, show on how it needs players to buy those boxes otherwise does not consider worthwhile?
also special credits to MA for
* taking into account all those skill gained and equipment improved
* stopping all that L armor exploiting early and effectively
* dropping those 2016 easter rings in the lottery not availabe via ingame funds
* changing everything way worse when stopping on mk2 scope and sight, just look at that tt drop
* changing everything way better when switching the viridian, just look at that tt increase
really thank you so much! love, out...
March 2017 = -15,525 hunting (92.97% tt)

Question - do you really dont understand anything about hunting or just pretending and using this "crying" tactic? :)

i only tried underground in quest for nanites and the gold rush event for skill pills
gold rush was 98% tt
and underground was 92% tt
assuming the 5% tax is deducted from returns, I would say there is no difference Arkadia vs. Caly tt return wise, small sample though
And what about your results on Arkadia? I'm interested to see if there's any particular difference.

Counter question - which profiting players alt are you?
Question - do you really dont understand anything about hunting or just pretending and using this "crying" tactic? :)

Reactions: das

wtf is wrong with some people?
1. it didn`t really look like aggressively marketing his LA
2. even if he did it, what`s wrong with marketing an LA? what`s the point in owning an LA if you don`t market it??
3. thanks for the reminder but it`s not a secret, we all know about the tax and can decide for ourselves if we want to hunt on taxed land or not

I'm wondering a few things...

1) what focused blow percentage are you playing with? Hopefully 3% or more?
2) what weapon are you using? Still the mod merc? Since you have the assets, why not grab an imk2?
3) are you getting at least 3.25dpp?

And lastly, have you tried hunting smaller mobs? Big dick mobs come with big dick swings. I'm not an avid hunter, but I have noticed that bigger mobs just aren't producing these days.

wtf is wrong with some people?
1. it didn`t really look like aggressively marketing his LA
2. even if he did it, what`s wrong with marketing an LA? what`s the point in owning an LA if you don`t market it??
3. thanks for the reminder but it`s not a secret, we all know about the tax and can decide for ourselves if we want to hunt on taxed land or not

WTF is wrong with you.

1. Like I stated this was not his first post hinting towards advertising on his LA. He does it EVERYWHERE and it's a known fact. I won't bother searching up a 30-40 posts with hits to advertisement in threads with totally different topics but this is not hard to find if you spend time.

2. Nothing wrong with that but not in Smilgs hunting log and 10001 other topics. Nothing wrong with doing it open and obvious either. Hinting towards LA advertisement and providing info that supports theroies about hunting tax not affecting turnover when beeing biased however is not cool.

3. Some people still need the reminder..

WTF is wrong with you.

1. Like I stated this was not his first post hinting towards advertising on his LA. He does it EVERYWHERE and it's a known fact. I won't bother searching up a 30-40 posts with hits to advertisement in threads with totally different topics but this is not hard to find if you spend time.

2. Nothing wrong with that but not in Smilgs hunting log and 10001 other topics. Nothing wrong with doing it open and obvious either. Hinting towards LA advertisement and providing info that supports theroies about hunting tax not affecting turnover when beeing biased however is not cool.

3. Some people still need the reminder..

My stance has always been my data does not support your claim. I just did 72,000ped on Huon for 106%. I have a different belief than others but funny enough (which you omit) my belief is the same of many of your soc mates (including girts, unless he has changed his mind).

My advertising of my LA is in my forum signature or occasionally people ask about certain things and I offer suggestions.. some that include mobs on my LA.. some that do not. Your assertions are rather offensive. You don't know me. You simply have an axe to grind. I've been transparent.. posted all my data. You've done neither. I've also never made a claim that hunting tax interferes with turnover. People do that to themselves.

At the end of the day, you can take whatever you want out of the data I posted "EVERYWHERE", as you put it. Hunt on tax land, don't hunt on tax land - that is your style. Believe tax is on loot or believe it is on a pool, up to you. None of it really can be verified (except loot waves atm) and if left up to my data in my logs, it's never mattered (quote from girts as well). Believe in perceptions, loot waves, resource availability theory, etc.) up to you. But spare me the agenda bullshit... unlike several in this game, I don't have one. I am not trying to lure people into traps. In fact, the reason why I post my data (much of it), is to allow people to make their own decisions... not bark at boogeymen, odd ball loot theories, or mindark for making their gameplay painful...we are playing vs. other players after all.

@girts, i hope you find your way again. Not much I can offer you information wise (you already have what I do). Clearly what works for messi, does not work for me and what works for me, doesn't work for the next guy. We certainly all need you to have fun in the game again.

Last edited:
My stance has always been my data does not support your claim. I just did 72,000ped on Huon for 106%. I have a different belief than others but funny enough (which you omit) my belief is the same of many of your soc mates (including girts, unless he has changed his mind).

My advertising of my LA is in my forum signature or occasionally people ask about certain things and I offer suggestions.. some that include mobs on my LA.. some that do not. Your assertions are rather offensive. You don't know me. You simply have an axe to grind. I've been transparent.. posted all my data. You've done neither. I've also never made a claim that hunting tax interferes with turnover. People do that to themselves.

At the end of the day, you can take whatever you want out of the data I posted "EVERYWHERE", as you put it. Hunt on tax land, don't hunt on tax land - that is your style. Believe tax is on loot or believe it is on a pool, up to you. None of it really can be verified (except loot waves atm) and if left up to my data in my logs, it's never mattered (quote from girts as well). Believe in perceptions, loot waves, resource availability theory, etc.) up to you. But spare me the agenda bullshit... unlike several in this game, I don't have one. I am not trying to lure people into traps. In fact, the reason why I post my data (much of it), is to allow people to make their own decisions... not bark at boogeymen, odd ball loot theories, or mindark for making their gameplay painful...we are playing vs. other players after all.

@girts, i hope you find your way again. Not much I can offer you information wise (you already have what I do). Clearly what works for messi, does not work for me and what works for me, doesn't work for the next guy. We certainly all need you to have fun in the game again.

You are right I don't know you and I don't have anything against you. I comment totally unkown peoples comments to if I feel like it. I just think your subtle advertisment of your LA should be commented.

I got a great idea for smilgs then and I've suggested it before here. Buy a land area, set tax to 10% and grind the shit out of the place. This would be a gold mine if it was true that tax does not matter. I wonder why nobody thought about this before :smoke:

April 2017 = +18,897 hunting (105.70% tt)

that was an excellent month, thanks to Arkadia and it's underground and the one lucky Oratan in particular :)

that was an excellent month, thanks to Arkadia and it's underground and the one lucky Oratan in particular :)

Good to hear.

Glad to see you broke the poor streak. Whatever you're doing just keep doing it.

New weapon, or just numbers?

So YES: if you hunt in Calypso on the Eudoria continent you ALSO pay taxes! People forget that, but if you look at the above link, you will see this! But this tax will get deducted before you actually loot something!
Nice post there Rampsy.

However this statement is 100% wrong, as loot outside of taxed lands do not get taxed. You forget that MA or planet partner do not make money from subsidising loot payouts. They make money from when you repair your gear. This has been stated before "officially" many times.

If you feel your loots are being subsides in any way it is because those peds (misplaced) have been separated and added to that area's loot pool for someone to collect.

You need to understand that loot is neutral, but the repair terminal on which ever planet you are located then received taxes and distributed appropriately as mentioned beforehand.

Think of repairing as the "house cut" and loot as the jackpots, think of losses as blinds etc.

Back