FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

Just my 2 pecs...

To see this happen to the game is rather depressing, due to the house always winning regardless of skill, items etc. I think that has made the game so boring. Nothing I do can attribute a positive result its only going to be negative. The only leverage I have is hunting high health mobs for a chance to loot substancial MU items like ESI's? I used to enjoy hunting long hours and lose some peds knowing I'll get them back at some stage later down the line, now? Doubt it. I honestly do not see how looter skills can have any impact on looting events. I don't see how high efficiency items are going to make your TT returns never dip below a certain percent point. I just do not see it. MA are liars. I have hunted and not enjoyed any hunts I have made whether for pure markup or dabbling in a little fun. I used to profit in this game, now, even with markup it's impossible to survive without depositing, we are lead to deposit in current meta, how anyone can continue to play this game is beyond me. I seldom play and when I do I know its a lose. Only leverage I have is I can control at what speed I wish to lose at but none the less, a loss is a loss. I hope this changes because it does not bode any confidence in a game I loved hunting in so much. When loots were bad, you knew there was always a silver lining to save the day, but I don't see anymore silver. Good luck to you all, may be my last post.

Almost all year in green, I think this is a great result for the EU as a game. In system is still enough MU to cover all losses. You got FEN fap, gratz, and still have chance hit big someday, so, I just can`t understand, why you still looks unhappy? EU is not a job, it's just entertainment, fun, and from this point of view - your achievements are quite impressive!

Last edited:
December 2018 = +757 hunting (93.94% tt)

yet another full month without any 1k+ hofs, and tt return even below the 95% line
ty MA for that imp fap fen though, if it sells should cover at least some of the misery

tt return trendline is clear enough whatever happened in March to June 2018 is gone for good
there is nothing dynamic about it based on previous experiences, can go for years like that

sucks after having improved on efficiency and looter skills throughout the year
and sucks seeing others hof - ing throughout the same months

the only thing saving me last months was the fen event, which is practically over
another depressing new year for return prospects :(

This blows my mind - with your gear and skills and only 94% tt... I don't feel so bad then with my returns when comparing to yours.

I would be really interested to see other top players/setups and their tt returns for comparison purposes.

Almost all year in green, I think this is a great result for the EU as a game. In system is still enough MU to cover all losses. You got FEN fap, gratz, and still have chance hit big someday, so, I just can`t understand, why you still looks unhappy? EU is not a job, it's just entertainment, fun, and from this point of view - your achievements are quite impressive!
2 things make me unhappy
1) fen will be gone soon and no without FEN there is no way I will recover on MU with 95% tt longterm
2) the random dropback starting July to 95% tt suppose caused by lack of higher multipliers clearly illustrated by the list below (1k hofs since August) and complete list in link

Girts Smilgs Niedra count 6 sum 13821
mg Joda VVV VVV count 17 sum 73717
Isfin Failivrin Meleth count 27 sum 74404
Sir Azzah Neu count 9 sum 38430
Gaina Messi91 Cristi count 17 sum 57849
Mathilda nukegirl Chei count 11 sum 34203
Bori Redsky Keystone count 11 sum 62586
Daniel DannyO Ocean count 14 sum 53778
The Infamous Serenity count 11 sum 39512
Janis janku Gaisonok count 11 sum 27521

Will answer here as it is quite off-topic for the FEN thread

* Tired of all the references to shooters - MA knows this, I am one of the few who openly admitted to it from start. For all you know, everyone on top turnover is doing it one way or the other - why constantly bash one of the only who openly admits it?

just cos you say you do doesnt make it legit or better in any kind of way.
just cos someone openly admits that hes a cheater doesnt make him a good person or makes his cheating ok. he still cheats and gains an unfair advantage over anyone else who is playing legitimately. not saying you are a cheater but the same logic applies here.

on better
yes imho being open about it is surely better than keeping it a secret or unclear like majority are doing

on legit
there is no explicit rule about it in the EULA that is not open to interpretation
and there is a reason to it as no online game can really prevent family members / others using the same credentials
as for identity, as long as the shooters are not making decisions on behalf of the avatar, not chatting with others pretending to be the original - as far I can see the avatar is still owned and acted by the original only

cheating
the only thing you are increasing by using shooters are your chances to loot something by extending your playing time, at the risk of MA punishing returns for using shooters and/or pubishing returns for shooting too much
the same can be achieved by asking your shooters to use their avatars for you and supplying them without the aforementioned risks

January started out hopeful, seemed like hof cap has been lifted, but as soon as Mayhem FFA instances got closed and after initial good runs on agrash, things went downhill sharp. Very good tt though, see how it goes but not very optimistic as FEN MU is over, 95% won't cut it anymore after it.

January 2019 = +3837 hunting (98.95% tt)

January started out hopeful, seemed like hof cap has been lifted, but as soon as Mayhem FFA instances got closed and after initial good runs on agrash, things went downhill sharp. Very good tt though, see how it goes but not very optimistic as FEN MU is over, 95% won't cut it anymore after it.

January 2019 = +3837 hunting (98.95% tt)

To be honest, I hope that one day we can say that your hunting log simply shows us that there will be up and downs over time no matter how great you are, and that it's just a sign to keep strength. I honestly do...

To be honest I've had the idea that for a long time that TT is a bit lower when lots of high markup items are dropping in events...but my months when there's nothing going on my returns are a bit better.

I wish you the best, hopefully this year shows a nice big upswing for you and some shinys.

It is a bit virtual as item trade but counted profit from trading imp fen in this month.
Also decent tt return :)
Just 3 months left to get enough t8 components to do a click :(
February 2019 = +45,591 hunting (99.73% tt)

What weapon did you use this month?

aimk2 to call then unique blade when close and fen arso for added dmg
nothing really changed, just started to get occasional bigger hofs in january and february imho
and yea Arkadia for once since a long time
What weapon did you use this month?

aimk2 to call then unique blade when close and fen arso for added dmg
nothing really changed, just started to get occasional bigger hofs in january and february imho
and yea Arkadia for once since a long time

Did Arkadia differ in any significant way from caly in terms of return?

besides being able to loot some components, don't think so - it was all about the hof again imho to get better tt
Did Arkadia differ in any significant way from caly in terms of return?

besides being able to loot some components, don't think so - it was all about the hof again imho to get better tt

Do you track the share of shrap in your loot?

I love how you always critique the loot, bully other players for looting something, hate MA and then end up a month with 4,5k USD on plus.

I love how you always critique the loot, bully other players for looting something, hate MA and then end up a month with 4,5k USD on plus.

and I love all of the following
  • how I so often get none to the opposite of credit for sharing daily returns on high level hunting every month since last 7 years, the only one to consistently do so
  • how you notice that my month ended in big plus now although the item was looted in December last year
  • how as stated in the relevant threads, I don't bully the other players however yes I am blaming the MA loot system and/or balancer instead not the players - the top 3 looted ~ 6+6+5 or 19 out of 72 or 26% out of all the FEN items which is either a statistical impossibility or something wrong
  • how there is quite a difference between constructive critique and hating, I don't hate MA the opposite might be true - and yes licking their ass on forum or some other connection seems to help messi, evey and alina as of late - however I am not willing to do that, besides giving MA credit where it is due
  • the math of real return vs. effort is pretty straightforward.
    1) Since my return, ~8 years ago around 38400 hours have been spent in hunting (not counting the other related activities like selling loot etc. lets just disregard them). I doubt anyone close to Europe would be spending time for less than 4$ per hour which is already very low. That means ~145k$ spent on hunting activity, with ~42k$ return.
    Balance -103k$
    2) Approximately same kind of situation spent money wise, with ~ 1.72M PED spent (172k$), best case selling all equipment would be ~70k usd back
    Balance -102k$

Sure in theory there are skills which would cover some of it, but then again it is not possible to sell them in these quantities besides bulk.

Last edited:
think on Arkadia there was less shrapnel however I am not counting it separately, so cannot be sure
Do you track the share of shrap in your loot?

• how I so often get none to the opposite of credit for sharing daily returns on high level hunting every month since last 7 years, the only one to consistently do so
  • how you notice that my month ended in big plus now although the item was looted in December last year
  • how as stated in the relevant threads, I don't bully the other players however yes I am blaming the MA loot system and/or balancer instead not the players - the top 3 looted ~ 6+6+5 or 19 out of 72 or 26% out of all the FEN items which is either a statistical impossibility or something wrong
  • how there is quite a difference between constructive critique and hating, I don't hate MA the opposite might be true - and yes licking their ass on forum or some other connection seems to help messi, evey and alina as of late - however I am not willing to do that, besides giving MA credit where it is due
  • the math of real return vs. effort is pretty straightforward.
    1) Since my return, ~8 years ago around 38400 hours have been spent in hunting (not counting the other related activities like selling loot etc. lets just disregard them). I doubt anyone close to Europe would be spending time for less than 4$ per hour which is already very low. That means ~145k$ spent on hunting activity, with ~42k$ return.
    Balance -103k$
    2) Approximately same kind of situation spent money wise, with ~ 1.72M PED spent (172k$), best case selling all equipment would be ~70k usd back
    Balance -102k$

Sure in theory there are skills which would cover some of it, but then again it is not possible to sell them in these quantities besides bulk.

Messi, Evey and Alina are making Romania great again!
Why do you acuse them of some favours from MA? Everyone hates us the romanians, why? Because we are smart guys that win 11/10 situations?
Spendint time and investing money doesnt bring luck. Luck is luck and we have it by our side.
Such a pleasure to see other peoples envy. Ohh God, its like an cold Heineken on a sand beach.

Kisses gollum.

Tnx for reading.

I love how of all that was said you picked the part that applied to you and had the least relationship to the thread :D

but if we are at it, let's not generalize
dislike towards messi is self explanatory and I used to think better of alina but he proved himself to be a proper asshole as well, Evey is better than that though seems decent person

and not accusing since I don't have any proof just (not limited to them), noting that there seems to be a strange relationship between being very positive of MA in the forum and looting 5-6 items in fen event or getting good hofs or full esi's
similar as many saying the 400k mining is strangely conceding with the marketing of latest UI changes
Messi, Evey and Alina are making Romania great again!
Why do you acuse them of some favours from MA?
Everyone hates us the romanians, why?

[*] the math of real return vs. effort is pretty straightforward.
    Balance -103k$
    Balance -102k$

Are you kidding, again? You counting hours and saying that you lost yours time PLAYING A GAME? -103k! Who i can claim money for my time reading all BS in forum?! Same thing with "spent money" - who else then you is responsible for yours spent money? I am buying shoes, clothes, car... they loose value while i use that. Where i should complain?! You where buying shit skills, just to get skill count high (why?!), where buying most expensive items in game (if you would be new in game, i could tell that items loose value when new, better drops). People with best gear go for events, where best avatar + best gear + good hunter wins good prizes, you dont (too lazy to shoot at full power for 30h?!)... So yes, i do not understand you...

Are you kidding, again? You counting hours and saying that you lost yours time PLAYING A GAME? -103k! Who i can claim money for my time reading all BS in forum?! Same thing with "spent money" - who else then you is responsible for yours spent money? I am buying shoes, clothes, car... they loose value while i use that. Where i should complain?! You where buying shit skills, just to get skill count high (why?!), where buying most expensive items in game (if you would be new in game, i could tell that items loose value when new, better drops). People with best gear go for events, where best avatar + best gear + good hunter wins good prizes, you dont (too lazy to shoot at full power for 30h?!)... So yes, i do not understand you...

Never said I am not responsible nor complaining for having spent the $ - it is indeed my choice. Was just pointing out that you cannot look at 422k total plus hunting and think that it is all profit and lies in my ped card, or say that 50k for a month would be a shitload especially if it is 1 month in like last 3 years. The $ spent per hour is very real especially if paying shooters and same applies for your time - again my choice so there is no complaint there.
Buying the expensive stuff ingame like mk2 set was probably what made my 2014 and 2015, again not complaints there just putting a number on it.

Item wise what got on my nerves quite a bit was nerfing buffs just half year after I got the viridian gun (they should never dropped it then), never organizing the event for the last TEN event armor piece which I was going after and releasing the X FEN amp over the semiunique X amp I acquired not long ago.

And honestly could not care less if you understand me or not, I never did events seriously and likely never will they just don't interest me much, this is a hunting log not an event log. And I collected skills to 2k because it was a fun project, never complained about that neither did I?

What I would like to avoid are years like 2017 which was characterized by 95% tt return.
Most people would have quit, once in 2012 and again in 2017.

2011 -120k
2012 -11k
2013 +75k
2014 +205k
2015 +239k
2016 +42k
2017 -108k
2018 +52k

Never said I am not responsible nor complaining for having spent the $ - it is indeed my choice. Was just pointing out that you cannot look at 422k total plus hunting and think that it is all profit and lies in my ped card, or say that 50k for a month would be a shitload especially if it is 1 month in like last 3 years. The $ spent per hour is very real especially if paying shooters and same applies for your time - again my choice so there is no complaint there.
Buying the expensive stuff ingame like mk2 set was probably what made my 2014 and 2015, again not complaints there just putting a number on it.

Item wise what got on my nerves quite a bit was nerfing buffs just half year after I got the viridian gun (they should never dropped it then), never organizing the event for the last TEN event armor piece which I was going after and releasing the X FEN amp over the semiunique X amp I acquired not long ago.

And honestly could not care less if you understand me or not, I never did events seriously and likely never will they just don't interest me much, this is a hunting log not an event log. And I collected skills to 2k because it was a fun project, never complained about that neither did I?

What I would like to avoid are years like 2017 which was characterized by 95% tt return.
Most people would have quit, once in 2012 and again in 2017.

2011 -120k
2012 -11k
2013 +75k
2014 +205k
2015 +239k
2016 +42k
2017 -108k
2018 +52k

If you did not notice yet, MA do that all the time, they nerfing, they adding new and so on. Ofc i could not die for that, but i am like very very sure that they did not nerfe anything just to make you angry :) About shit times - i did track and saw very good players leaving because of shit year, but again, it was they problem they did not had "buffer" for that, you had, so you survived. Another thing - we all saw how and what you hunt, a lot of people where saying you doing one or another thing bad, but you kept saying they all wrong, but you are right... And last thing - yes, in my eyes (and a lot of others eyes) you complain more then anyone else.

P.S. In first place it was, is and will be a game. So if you dont have fun, dont have profit you want... maybe time to stop.

Well it was you who came and said that I am complaining about having spent 103k$ in game while I was not complaining about that, the point to give some figures on spending was to explain to the people who see the 42k$ peds profit in the log and who seem to think that is actual net profit and I should go and spend the 4500$ on something nice.

There is no net profit here nor is there any 4500$ to spend just a better armor and a useless soulbound armor in storage. Also about the bad years I "survived" because I paid for it with IRL $ and still do.

Listed 3 very concrete things where MA screwed me over as below. Not saying they did it just for me, but was it / is it unreasonable to be unhappy about them or my returns or other things in game and complain about them on forum / support? Imho, when you see the promised systems like looter skills and efficiency seeming to not have effect like my second half of 2018 or fen item drops being distributed in a fucked up way, you have every right to complain provided you have the figures to back it up.

Hunting wise I always tried to keep it reasonable not going after mulcibers or such, nor did I change my hunting habbits radically as returns did change radically and skills and equipment was improved as much as I could throghout.

On game, fun and leaving - at some point indeed (a lot of) the enjoyment goes away and it turns to another job that is the nature of the repetitive hunting experience - the thing that for me stays somewhat interesting is the improvement (skills, equipment, changes). Leaving wise as I have (again) complained, ESI system cannot be used to chip out these kind of amounts + the superrare items are very difficult to sell these days.

Also, there are people who depend on the be it puny hunting activity rate I can provide over all these years, it is not easy to leave them hanging neither.

If you did not notice yet, MA do that all the time, they nerfing, they adding new and so on. Ofc i could not die for that, but i am like very very sure that they did not nerfe anything just to make you angry :) About shit times - i did track and saw very good players leaving because of shit year, but again, it was they problem they did not had "buffer" for that, you had, so you survived. Another thing - we all saw how and what you hunt, a lot of people where saying you doing one or another thing bad, but you kept saying they all wrong, but you are right... And last thing - yes, in my eyes (and a lot of others eyes) you complain more then anyone else.

P.S. In first place it was, is and will be a game. So if you dont have fun, dont have profit you want... maybe time to stop.

March 2019 = -3,992 hunting (96.21% tt)

just as I changed my signature to say that seemingly efficiency and skills were finally working for me in 2019, immediately got reminded that it is not the case
awful returns on big bulks, could not get a bigger hof while putting in quite a lot of effort with hofs flying left and right

Its not like I am withdrawing peds in fact quite the opposite - is it too much to ask to at least be able to be able to get some peds to spend on tiers / upgrades on equipment like some others get? So depressing, such a dead end.

monthly-bulks.jpg

10 out of last 12 months profit and as soon as a single red one come along its a depressing dead end? Come on man.. Keep your mental game stronger than that.

You wrote earlier that you feel all you get is crap for keeping this log. Well me and many others certainly appreciate it. Your own negativity draws others though. Just keep that in mind.

Also, I must have missunderstood but surely you dont feel like the game should be able to cover whatever salary you pay your hunters? That would be absurd.

Thx for sharing m8 plus rep :wtg:

What I see as a depressing dead end is the return to 95% return which cannot be sustained unless it is part of some event with tremendous MU like fen or boxes or whatever. Based on my experience, such periods do last as soon as they start.

On profit, you should not disregard time spent on the mostly repetitive and boring activities of this RCE, be it time of others or your own. It depends on the income level of the country of residence but if spending ~10 hours per day including weekends to "profit" 500$ per month does sound like nonsense, it probably is. And minus 500$ per month even more clear.

I am not saying the game should cover it, but it should stick to it's claims on looter skills, efficiency and tt return. And I see it working for selected few others every month + rain of items on fen event, that makes it double as depressing dead end.

10 out of last 12 months profit and as soon as a single red one come along its a depressing dead end? Come on man.. Keep your mental game stronger than that.
You wrote earlier that you feel all you get is crap for keeping this log. Well me and many others certainly appreciate it. Your own negativity draws others though. Just keep that in mind.
Also, I must have missunderstood but surely you dont feel like the game should be able to cover whatever salary you pay your hunters? That would be absurd.

I like these monthly updates and what I learned from them and also from my logs is that it's ALL a matter of perspective really...

While 10 months out of 12 to be in profit might mean a lot to many players, some other players could see it as a "waste of time" and it's understandable. Especially if the equipment used to mine that profit is very expensive and the devaluation pretty high and also taking into consideration a big grinder goes 12+ hours a day. What is your time worth it to you? 100$ a month? 800$ a month? Is it worth investing such large sums for this kind of profit? For different people the answer will be different so take that into consideration....

Let me throw a few things out there, while only trying to be neutral although I too feel his tt return is a lot lower than it should be.

• There are 99 months logged so far.
  • Total profit is 418,721 PED - big profit u might say,
  • But that's only a 4230 PED per month profit.
  • Past loot 2.0 he has an average of 1686 PED profit per month.
  • Past loot 2.0 he has a profit of 33721 PED - now extract that ~40k ped worth of a single item drop and think about it. That's 20 months of hunting. OK, the update hit him hard in the forst 4-5 months, yes, also
  • February 2018 to February 2019 it's over 100k PED profit, with 8600 PED a month average. Now that's better but it still looks a bit bad sometimes if you look at it month by month and draw conclusions...

In conclusion, maybe this log should draw a line each quarter and quarters should be compared to each other and not with the one before it. Only that way I think it makes sense to put numbers in perspective and compare and draw conclusions because, cycles are just not 30 days long as this log clearly shows and no matter how great the setup is, how high the looter professions are, cycles are just bigger than 30days.

stay postitive,
Regards

One thing.

U also take my ubers gotten in my merry mayhem team into the equasion, but u dont take the globals/turnover into the equasion.

So please let me fix that error for u.

The correct numbers would be based on the below ubers.

mg Joda VVV VVV 527221 PED 4687

mg Joda VVV VVV count 17 sum 73717
- Mayhem Araneatrox (FFA 5) 4 406 PED Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:20:15
- Mayhem Araneatrox (FFA 5) 11 514 PED Sat, 22 Dec 2018 17:05:24
- Big Bulk Gen 07 1 025 PED Sat, 08 Dec 2018 07:34:51
- Araneatrox Young Elite 10 651 PED Wed, 28 Nov 2018 14:57:16
- Dire Hound 1 275 PED Sun, 04 Nov 2018 01:41:05
- Araneatrox Young 1 248 PED Tue, 16 Oct 2018 02:12:05
- Atrox Dominant 1 114 PED Sat, 13 Oct 2018 19:39:53
- Osseocollum Prowler 1 088 PED Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:38:53
- Warrior Commander 010011 4 859 PED Sat, 25 Aug 2018 14:59:33
- Disecter, Brood of All 8 829 PED Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:25:41
- Aurli Watcher 2 589 PED Sat, 25 Aug 2018 09:35:00
- Vanguard Communicator 4 726 PED Fri, 17 Aug 2018 03:07:11
- Vanguard Coordinator 1 086 PED Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:37:10
- Legionnaire Gen 01 2 443 PED Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:14:25
- Eomon Provider 1 549 PED Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:33:25
- Eomon Old 1 313 PED Fri, 10 Aug 2018 05:13:39
- Eomon Stalker 14 002 PED Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:52:17

Indeed, I did capture the turnover somewhere before mayhem for ~3 months period as on EL and from then on just added any hofs i could find and relate. Adding your team hofs in Mayhem was an error as you said, support shooters etc so that does not fit - sorry.
But that does not invalidate my hof drought for the period ~July to December.
Providing turnover was meant to indicate that my turnover is not (a lot) smaller than the other samples.
One thing.
U also take my ubers gotten in my merry mayhem team into the equasion, but u dont take the globals/turnover into the equasion.

Back