FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

keep it up.
Gratz

You complain at +30k in a month? :D

Youve lost it!!!

Saying goes: "One mans ceiling is another mans floor" Its all relative to what you are used to I guess.

I think that 99.9% of the population in EU would have been ecstatic with those results. Grats Smilgs on another successful month :)

This is extremely bad reading skills or writing skills you pick :) it was really +1505 rest is MU from last year's migration
You complain at +30k in a month? :D

Youve lost it!!!

Not at all surprised by the migration dip. The loot has be particularly shitty this year.. both in terms of items and TT returns.

Even the streams are boring. nothing like watching someone grind stalkers and seeing 1-5k hofs of pure shrapnel.

But.... a flood of ELM guns again would be horrible for the economy. Some nice angel/shadow parts and some higher lvl ul sib weapons would have been a good idea.

Watching someone loot a foeripper from eomon would have gotten people all excited.

Not at all surprised by the migration dip. The loot has be particularly shitty this year.. both in terms of items and TT returns.

Even the streams are boring. nothing like watching someone grind stalkers and seeing 1-5k hofs of pure shrapnel.

But.... a flood of ELM guns again would be horrible for the economy. Some nice angel/shadow parts and some higher lvl ul sib weapons would have been a good idea.

Watching someone loot a foeripper from eomon would have gotten people all excited.

I would have been happy with an A204 amp.

Resource caps and mindark's inability to manage those caps are a bitch.

two things are official,
1. return wise this was the worst migration since 2011, not sure if done intentionally (ended rather abruptly) but imho the superbad returns were caused by messing with the eomon LVLs and/or regen settings
2. my months of good profit seen in 2014 and 2015 are over, guess it was over optimistic to think I could keep on top of the foodchain. as for the reasons, pick your poison (pretty sure I'm still on the top skill wise)
a) my dpp cannot compete with the hordes of (L) armor users never getting hit, and the easter ring buyers
b) got dropped from the golden avatars list
c) withdrawals screwed it up
in any case, my current balance cannot support the ~ 10000 peds spent in hunter salaries. the only reason I can stick around is that the LA income somewhat evens it out for now

so, just like before, I will stupidly hope for a big hof... until I run out of peds to turn over

August 2016 = +1,420 hunting (95.75% tt)

two things are official,
1. return wise this was the worst migration since 2011, not sure if done intentionally (ended rather abruptly) but imho the superbad returns were caused by messing with the eomon LVLs and/or regen settings
2. my months of good profit seen in 2014 and 2015 are over, guess it was over optimistic to think I could keep on top of the foodchain. as for the reasons, pick your poison (pretty sure I'm still on the top skill wise)
a) my dpp cannot compete with the hordes of (L) armor users never getting hit, and the easter ring buyers
in any case, my current balance cannot support the ~ 10000 peds spent in hunter salaries. the only reason I can stick around is that the LA income somewhat evens it out for now

so, just like before, I will stupidly hope for a big hof... until I run out of peds to turn over

So you are "running out of peds" but made 1420 ped? Have you been including LA income all along or are these gun sales from last year still?

Hunting balance wise it's a plus, I'm "running out of peds" because shooters salaries are around 10k peds per month. LA income is not included in the log, but even that does not fully cover it.
So you are "running out of peds" but made 1420 ped? Have you been including LA income all along or are these gun sales from last year still?

two things are official,

i know how ur feeling, when my peds is gone im gone. :)

Hunting balance wise it's a plus, I'm "running out of peds" because shooters salaries are around 10k peds per month. LA income is not included in the log, but even that does not fully cover it.

Is it just me or... I can see where u can save 10k peds instatntly..

^^

But tbh that isnt bad returns lol 95% . Your lucky you get the esi's and cool item drops on the mods you hunt because anything below 1khp getting an esi is like getting water out a stone.

A profit sharing mechanism would be more lucrative, and more fair. if he has more than 1 shooter, odds are peds are being lost each month. or profits are slim to none.

yes stopping hunting is exactly the same as stopping paying salaries in my case :) both have the same saving. but i will keep going, who else would get that 200/200 profstanding

yes stopping hunting is exactly the same as stopping paying salaries in my case :) both have the same saving. but i will keep going, who else would get that 200/200 profstanding

I got brilliant idea for you. Stop hunting non MU mobs. Yeah, osses ;)
You had nice return on MR for example, way over 100% with MU and on tt you were below like 94%?

Comparing that to yours osse hunt it is huge different ;)

Cheers

Reactions: ZPF
I got brilliant idea for you. Stop hunting non MU mobs. Yeah, osses ;)
You had nice return on MR for example, way over 100% with MU and on tt you were below like 94%?

Comparing that to yours osse hunt it is huge different ;)

Cheers
But he hunt Osses to promote his LA, and help keep the income stream up to help if he ever wanted to sell it?

Just had to pick myself up the floor there, chuckled so hard. Seriously I wish you well out there, just some banter.

Rick

<sarcasm> Messi would :D </sarcasm>

disgusted, enough said :(
September 2016 = -4,840 hunting (95.84% tt)

disgusted, enough said :(
September 2016 = -4,840 hunting (95.84% tt)

I certainly understand your frustration but didn't you used to lose a lot like this before and then you have some really big + months?

I certainly understand your frustration but didn't you used to lose a lot like this before and then you have some really big + months?

March 2014 = +105,420 hunting (140.81% tt)
February 2014 = -8,998 hunting (92.29% tt)
January 2014 = -7,014 hunting (91.61% tt)
December 2013 = -12,255 hunting (90.93% tt)
November 2013 = -17,853 hunting (88.97% tt)

Nop,
  • initially I was losing every month (January 2011 to May 2012, the only exception was the ESI rain on rocktropia). -150k total
  • then, ups and downs with the average being approximately 0 (June 2012 to Mar 2013)
  • then it went really good up until March 2016
  • and then April 2016 which (coincidentally?) is where the &*&*&%% unbalanced Easter rings were given to selected strongbox buyers and I also had to make some withdrawals - it all went to shit
i don't think compensation months exist at least not according to my experience. sure there have been 2 big hofs but those seemed pretty random

Nop,
  • initially I was losing every month (January 2011 to May 2012, the only exception was the ESI rain on rocktropia). -150k total
  • then, ups and downs with the average being approximately 0 (June 2012 to Mar 2013)
  • then it went really good up until March 2016
  • and then April 2016 which (coincidentally?) is where the &*&*&%% unbalanced Easter rings were given to selected strongbox buyers and I also had to make some withdrawals - it all went to shit
i don't think compensation months exist at least not according to my experience. sure there have been 2 big hofs but those seemed pretty random

hear that Easter Ring owners... inc nerf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly you have now a feel how it is to be a bit behind competition, now try to imagine how it is not to have scopes, rings, etc etc etc, sometimes not only for the cash, sometimes for the availability and reduced group that has them as i mentioned in the past

However i feel things will turn for you anyway your ava grinds too much, eventually spins around

Do you add back in the tax for hunting on LA's for the numbers you post?

No because that's LA revenue not hunting revenue. Regardless. I just think smilgs is in a slump right now, Easter rings/est or not.. hunting huge mobs like that is bound to come with some insane swings. Maybe just a bad summer for him

As for the Easter Ring, it is not comparable to the armor, it just would be good though to be able to match up to an item that is only "lootable" by depositors and for a very limited time without any announcement. Besides, MA really did the opposite of nerfing the armor, just making the existing sets more valuable. Could have made them UL Ancient as well then.
For this being a bad loot period, there is no such thing in regular hunting that is longer than couple of months according to my experience. My returns were consistently good as of April 2013 with a huge bump March 2014 (briefly after acquiring mk2 scope and sight). And now they are consistently bad since April 2016 (when Easter ring was introduced), with probably quite some influence of the armor usage increase.
Also Smilgs is shooting less than the previous years, I just cannot afford it with these returns.
I am not adding the taxes in the hunting returns, clarified also in the first post.
hear that Easter Ring owners... inc nerf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
However i feel things will turn for you anyway your ava grinds too much, eventually spins around
No because that's LA revenue not hunting revenue. Regardless. I just think smilgs is in a slump right now, Easter rings/est or not.. hunting huge mobs like that is bound to come with some insane swings. Maybe just a bad summer for him

Well, then I see an easy way to add 4%ish to your overall returns :wise:

and what might that be?

tax doesn't affect long-term returns.

Can i ask what you base that on?
Given tax dont effect returns your basicly saying MA pay LA owners peds just because people hunt their LAs.

Opens up for quite the expoilts then, just for slimg to put the max 10% tax, get 96% tt return and have a 106% return at the end of the day.

Can i ask what you base that on?
Given tax dont effect returns your basicly saying MA pay LA owners peds just because people hunt their LAs.

Opens up for quite the expoilts then, just for slimg to put the max 10% tax, get 96% tt return and have a 106% return at the end of the day.

My number suggest that LA revenue taxes the loot pool as a whole.. so taking ped away from the community, probably in the form of smaller multipliers or something.

If he raised the tax to max no one else would hunt there and he would lose ped.. and if they did he would still have some pretty insane loot swings.

Basically if no one ever hunted in taxes zones then we would likely see a higher mean TT return across all avatars in EU

But if smilgs is the only one hunting on his LAs then the tax could affect his overall return.

Back