FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

NI event going as expected :(
Still lazy to write down the spent MU, next month :D
February 2022 = +2,979 hunting (98.04% tt)

Smilgs what your cycle for each month, would like to see how much MA is getting from you :p

Made alot of suggestions, would be nice to hear a suggestions from you too smilgs, mentioned you there.

Have you tried araneatrox young only for few months? Drop table seems pretty good? triple or more kills per ped, so more rare loot events? Or warlock 204, predarors and lc-300 on loot?

Does anyone know what pestilence from cycloph depth drops?

Last edited:
April, nice hof but then had to write down enhancers, at least its still greeen :)
April 2022 = +583 hunting (100.13% tt)

Back to red :(
May 2022 = -10,167 hunting (95.88% tt)

This sucks.. with that gear as well.

This adds fuel that those 2.0 posts saying you’ll get 98-99% TT return is a lie…

Or the chimps that tell people to cycle more..kaka

best of luck for next month!

This adds fuel that those 2.0 posts saying you’ll get 98-99% TT return is a lie…

April 2022 = +583 hunting (100.13% tt)

Confirmation bias much? lmao

Based on girtsn's data that he kindly provides, he is sitting at 98.5% TT over about last 5 million cycled. So I think he is doing just fine :D

Based on girtsn's data that he kindly provides, he is sitting at 98.5% TT over about last 5 million cycled. So I think he is doing just fine :D
98.6% for a 100lvl + looter and 2.0 wepon ...

reality is that the top is more like looter 120+, level 300+ on profstandings, 1500 globals per month kind of animals (bots)
Smilgs is a noob in this brave new world :)
~600 globals on regular mobs was the top mark for a decade

May is a loss...... nice, i have JUST ONE question:
- OP, did you participate in the Taxed area Mayhem?
that would 100% justify a swing of 4%
Mate, your comments sometimes are really annoying, seems useless polemics
1. no one ever claimed that a costant return over ammo is allowed in loot 2.0
2. if average return of system is 98% (MA Data), 0.5% better return for Gitsn mean that there are another 200 small players that loose 5% each to compensate (10% of ppl cycle 90% of ped)

May is a loss...... nice, i have JUST ONE question:
- OP, did you participate in the Taxed area Mayhem?
that would 100% justify a swing of 4%

Mate, your comments sometimes are really annoying, seems useless polemics
1. no one ever claimed that a costant return over ammo is allowed in loot 2.0
2. if average return of system is 98% (MA Data), 0.5% better return for Gitsn mean that there are another 200 small players that loose 5% each to compensate (10% of ppl cycle 90% of ped)
My coment was a corection to zho... he said 98.5... its actualy 98.6.... but i had to point out that u need extremly high looter proff to achieve that.

P.S. and yes u can call me "mr negative". :) 100% live in some heads rent free :D

Silly discussion that appears every month in red here. Like I said it a gazillion times, cycles are much bigger than a month. It would be a stupid game after 20 years if every 30 days you'd see the same number, it would be just too easy... and weapons would be over 1 mil ped, with no doubt on loot due to extremely precise numbers you expect...
Cycles are bigger, deal with it...

Silly discussion that appears every month in red here. Like I said it a gazillion times, cycles are much bigger than a month. It would be a stupid game after 20 years if every 30 days you'd see the same number, it would be just too easy... and weapons would be over 1 mil ped, with no doubt on loot due to extremely precise numbers you expect...
Cycles are bigger, deal with it...

You guys hahaha.
He's got enough skills and expensive equipment to get the under 2% MU on huge turnover right?. The skills and equipment he paid alot of money for to make it "easy" all the time right? (with 20 years 'as you put it' experience).

Assuming you actually believe what you just said. That suggests to me that even with your skills and gear, you're not winning every month either. You're in the same position as a noob.. "one day, it will come", "just another 100 levels it will ok".

OK Evey. Funny stuff.

You guys hahaha.
He's got enough skills and expensive equipment to get the under 2% MU on huge turnover right?. The skills and equipment he paid alot of money for to make it "easy" all the time right? (with 20 years 'as you put it' experience).

Assuming you actually believe what you just said. That suggests to me that even with your skills and gear, you're not winning every month either. You're in the same position as a noob.. "one day, it will come", "just another 100 levels it will ok".

OK Evey. Funny stuff.
At this point it can't be only stupidity from your side... Must be something else...

You guys hahaha.

OK Evey. Funny stuff.
f*k man u r st*pid

You would be crying if we do that. You would realise how much you have failed. Anyway not the right thread for this discussion. Good luck

Like Evey confirmed within this thread; with 20 years of skills plus top gear, the game would be far too 'easy' if you'd expect to be in the green. Maybe your focus should be helping these top ubers understand what they're doing wrong.... they appear to be struggling.

I don't cry over anyones success in life fella, I don't do envy or jealousy. Nor do I lose in EU either these days, unless it folds and I lose my assets.

You have very strange concept of failure though... weird.

Like Evey confirmed within this thread; with 20 years of skills plus top gear, the game would be far too 'easy' if you'd expect to be in the green. Maybe your focus should be helping these top ubers understand what they're doing wrong.... they appear to be struggling.

I don't cry over anyones success in life fella, I don't do envy or jealousy. Nor do I lose in EU either these days, unless it folds and I lose my assets.

Even if it slapped you in the head you couldn't get it, Rick, give up before more people start to feel embarrassed they're the same species as you.

Understanding this game is not a job with a fixed monthly salary is a thing to learn in the first few days. It's more like a business, you need to draw a conclusion every cycle, every few years.

The most simple way to put it for you to understand, I think, would be like a tomatoes business. You work almost all year to only have a short period where you sell and mark the profits. If in one year there's a big drought, you're gonna see less profits or be in the red, but overall, if you are smart enough, you make quite a nice profitable business. It's up to you and your brain how well the business does and to make the most of what you have.

Smilgs knows this very well but bitching when the month is in red (cherrypicking) is one of his favourite things. He'd prolly quit the game if he would be all green and he would have nothing to complain about.

are you sure about that ?
to me this is one of the biggest fails i have seen here...

also how it goes with your ComPet deeds ?

are you sure about that ?
to me this is one of the biggest fails i have seen here...

also how it goes with your ComPet deeds ?

Oh yeah the FEN experiment, I forgot about that. Tried that, it was worse than rubbish. I thought it was very shortsighted of MA to give me worse returns than pre FEN weapons, but hey-ho choices choices. They failed miserably in sucking me in hard there haha. Learnt my lesson though, sold the mace, took my cash back out.

I've not updated my spreadsheet for a long while (kind of boring copying all those lines of income), but probably got quite alot of my compet investment back now via other deeds.

It's just a little fun for me to be honest. I don't even care, just makes me laugh when I buy more deeds for free now. Tiggles my humour boxes.

I'm happy.

Rick.

:) it is really funny how ppl focus on TT return... TT are PART of the return
imagine
1. player 1 has 100+ animal looter and BP70 92 eff and kills Kerberos... he return 98.5 costant return all of his lifespan and colelct on 1m ped per month a nice 15.000 Ped loss then sell his garbage at 100.20 ....there you go 98.55% retun, 1500 USD to shot
2. Player 2 has 50 looter and killa chimera in NI, drops 200 peddish sinew, return 97.50 over 1m ped shot, nad sell his garbage for 100.01 total building free skill
3. player 3 kills chimera with 100 skills, bp70 and squeeze that extra 1.1 percent staying green and rising skills.. and now is sitting on 50k TT skills to be sold if someone arrives.....

well that 1% is the real matter in high cycle traders... if that 1% squeezing is not worth 100 mroe looter level and 250k sitting in gears, so you got the answer

Evey pointed to LONG cicles,and accounting of OP is a bit "lagging" for some component.

I don't think I would go as far as describe this years entries as bitching.
When I was surely bitching a lot, were years 2011, 2012, 2017, 2020 for very boldly red reasons :)
Smilgs knows this very well but bitching when the month is in red (cherrypicking) is one of his favourite things. He'd prolly quit the game if he would be all green and he would have nothing to complain about.

Even if it slapped you in the head you couldn't get it, Rick, give up before more people start to feel embarrassed they're the same species as you.

Understanding this game is not a job with a fixed monthly salary is a thing to learn in the first few days. It's more like a business, you need to draw a conclusion every cycle, every few years.

The most simple way to put it for you to understand, I think, would be like a tomatoes business. You work almost all year to only have a short period where you sell and mark the profits. If in one year there's a big drought, you're gonna see less profits or be in the red, but overall, if you are smart enough, you make quite a nice profitable business. It's up to you and your brain how well the business does and to make the most of what you have.

You're digging yourself in deeper here mate. What you've just said is most of the year you're running at a loss, until the rare opportunitiy arises to regain that loss. But surely that shouldn't be the case, if you're only after a couple of percent markup. It should be 'easy' all the time for a player in your position.

When it finally dawned on me, MA rebased weapons, to basically give "everyone" access to eco weapons...I asked myself; " where are they getting their money from then, if everybody can win?"

You love what you do out there, and that's great, I'm truly happy for you, and as long as you're enjoying it, then that's fantastic. I'm just not going to invest in top gear on a personal level and I'm happy with that. We're all happy.... yay.

And with that, I'm going to the pub for a few pints and a burger. Enjoy the game.

Back