FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

Better quit if its to painful to play. :eyecrazy:

my beloved Helena you say :laugh:

My number of 10-15k was pulled from entropia tracker and guessing how much loot is without globals. 10-15k is close to yours told 9.2k.

You confirmed you making profit - 55k in hunting log and 101k from yours own tax so its 156k, while paying 110k for shooters (that is yours choice not PLAY by yourself, but pay others). However you still cry... Sorry but im too noob to understand that :confused:

You seem knowledgeable and confident enough to discuss game mechanics with one of the top hunters in entropia universe. Speaking of the entropia tracker, I looked at your stats, only 1 global ever,

Yulebot (T,2) 50 PED Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:51:41

Someone in my society said you are a medic alternative of another top hunter, is this correct?

Playing is not painful, the return is :)
Another case of it only hurts when breathing :D
But yea considering it as well (did not think I would a year or so ago).

It's funny how you are a hostage of so difficult to sell pile of skills, equipment and LA in that consideration.
Better quit if its to painful to play. :eyecrazy:

It is not one bad month, something changed radically around April 2016. November 2016 was the worst one so far (return dropping to 88.2% nearing the end, that is an all-time low).
Avarage tt return is what matters. So please don't compare me to usual suspects (at least for this thread), I have published data to show the tt return % changed radically suddenly one month while constantly improving on equipment and skills, this is ridiculous (and indeed dynamic in a fucked up way). The only reason for grinding in Entropia is believing it can pay off and that effort is rewarded. My belief in the return system is broken, again, unfortunately.
Waiting for a hof, yea thats a great idea, have a look at my 2011 and 2012 results.
The maintenance LA needs is quite huge if you want others to hunt there, won't go into details. Though you could indeed say that other hunters on the LA are paying for it. My point was that your number 10-15k was pulled out of ... just like your beloved Helena usually did.

"It is not one bad month, something changed radically around April 2016" - based on YOURS log, it "changed radically" few times: 2016 april - november (with few decent months in the middle), 2014 september - 2014 december, 2013 november - 2014 february (after that bad time hitting 82k ATH) and some more times - see yours TT log.
You say my numbers was "pulled out of..." While yours numbers are just a part of...? :) Looks like you play for first day and "yours" log isnt yours at all. "November 2016 was the worst one so far (return dropping to 88.2% nearing the end, that is an all-time low)." - by now you should know that small runs dosnt count - later you hofed and final result is "November 2016 = -15,825 hunting (92.35% tt)". Looking to YOURS log i see "November 2014 = -14,404 hunting (93.72% tt)", "November 2013 = -17,853 hunting (88.97% tt", November 2012 = -10,491 hunting (92.62% tt)"... Loooks like it wasnt "all-time low" and looks like you having bad november most of the time...

* my concern and rage is mainly about radically changing tt% one day while improving equipment and skills meanwhile + introduction of the easter ring and UL (L) armor abuse

Im sure you heard MA saying one magic word - dynamic. Some bad, some good. If it good in overall - depends on yours skills, gear and knowledge. Easter ring had to do something with returns, same as years ago crit scope and sights had impact to all people who didnt had them returns... "armor abuse" you must be talking about ES armor. Why you didnt use that? MM dont have range and you dont want to invest to another gun?! So complaining instead?

* 12.5k is indeed just next to 9.2k, if you don't consider the 35% difference and that the return data is available in this very same thread

My guess was 10-15k. Isnt 9.2k very close to that? You take average on my numbers, but when talking about yours numbers - you take small samples instead of average?

* 55k is not correct as 28k out of it it was from the MU of 2015 (as written in the summary of same thread) and that is mainly due to the 40k hof, so my main concern is forecasted next year without big hofs, especially after November returns

Ok sorry, not 55k tt profit. But why you predict it wont be big hofs in future, when history show that they keep coming?!

All I am saying is that you complaining most in game, while doing not bad at all... I am noob who dont play at all, however saw people who did good or even better then you. Maybe it is time to stop for you? No, not stop playing, but stop complaining and look to yourself? Yours way of playing?...

P.S. I can bet 3k eur, I can do better if playing on same avatar with same gear!

1. Since you cannot seem to be able to grasp statistical analysis -> trends, let me show you what a radical tt return change means.

The grey line is the tt return per month. The red dotted line is the average trend-line of 3 months. See the stable trend since from 2014.3 to 2016.3 (indeed as expected worse after the ATH but average around 104%). And then the drop in April 2014 with the average sinking to 96.5%. This is the point, it is radical as it's a 7.5% difference, and that is utter bullshit considering I have not changed behavior, been constantly improving with of skills and buying best buffs could get without going to exploit territory. It's indeed dynamic in a fucked up way (said that as well before so I am full aware of the dynamic response when they cannot / don't want to say why you are getting screwed).
2. November had a tt return which was 88.3% until the last day, which is an all time low tt return for a month, that is just a fact, not sure what you are blabbering about. 99% of the November usual 200k turnover was a small run?
3. "My guess of 10-15k" - exactly I pointed out you are guessing (with 35% off) while all the data is in a public excel sheet in the same thread you are posting to.
4. The ath like multipliers do not seem to happen when you are losing, and based on the trend I am exactly there.
5. "All I am saying is that you complaining most in game, while doing not bad at all..." - again I am complaining based on statistics and on sudden changes without a reason, it is not the same as going out on a hunt and saying that my returns are 30% all the time. And I am complaining since I will run out of peds by the end of this year, which definitely is not intended, I don't want to be selling out and contributing to lowering the prices of everything I would sell.
6. "P.S. I can bet 3k eur, I can do better if playing on same avatar with same gear!" - what a smartass with 3K on the line :) My offer is you / anyone else buys the whole pack for 2M peds (which is a steal since just skilling up to my skills would cost around 2.4M), and then can show everyone how well / bad you can do.
"It is not one bad month, something changed radically around April 2016" - based on YOURS log, it "changed radically" few times: 2016 april - november (with few decent months in the middle), 2014 september - 2014 december, 2013 november - 2014 february (after that bad time hitting 82k ATH) and some more times - see yours TT log.
You say my numbers was "pulled out of..." While yours numbers are just a part of...? :) Looks like you play for first day and "yours" log isnt yours at all. "November 2016 was the worst one so far (return dropping to 88.2% nearing the end, that is an all-time low)." - by now you should know that small runs dosnt count - later you hofed and final result is "November 2016 = -15,825 hunting (92.35% tt)". Looking to YOURS log i see "November 2014 = -14,404 hunting (93.72% tt)", "November 2013 = -17,853 hunting (88.97% tt", November 2012 = -10,491 hunting (92.62% tt)"... Loooks like it wasnt "all-time low" and looks like you having bad november most of the time...
Im sure you heard MA saying one magic word - dynamic. Some bad, some good. If it good in overall - depends on yours skills, gear and knowledge. Easter ring had to do something with returns, same as years ago crit scope and sights had impact to all people who didnt had them returns... "armor abuse" you must be talking about ES armor. Why you didnt use that? MM dont have range and you dont want to invest to another gun?! So complaining instead?
My guess was 10-15k. Isnt 9.2k very close to that? You take average on my numbers, but when talking about yours numbers - you take small samples instead of average?
Ok sorry, not 55k tt profit. But why you predict it wont be big hofs in future, when history show that they keep coming?!
All I am saying is that you complaining most in game, while doing not bad at all... I am noob who dont play at all, however saw people who did good or even better then you. Maybe it is time to stop for you? No, not stop playing, but stop complaining and look to yourself? Yours way of playing?...
P.S. I can bet 3k eur, I can do better if playing on same avatar with same gear!

So you see radical or incremental changes? :)

If you take a month like a point of view, why you say "month without one day"? So if a guy get salary last day of the month, then one day before he can claim he working for free? :) I see trend up, then more or less stable and now trend down. No radical changes (except ATM, but even that is not radical at all if you split it with few months before it).

Dynamic :)

P.S. Why should someone ever buy that for 2M peds, if its peds loosing machine? Or its very good avatar, just bad player? :)

Anyway, I got bored. Bye

6. "P.S. I can bet 3k eur, I can do better if playing on same avatar with same gear!" - what a smartass with 3K on the line :) My offer is you / anyone else buys the whole pack for 2M peds (which is a steal since just skilling up to my skills would cost around 2.4M), and then can show everyone how well / bad you can do.

Interested...

So if a guy get salary last day of the month, then one day before he can claim he working for free? :)

This is a gambling fallacy. The salary example is not correct, since between employee and employer there is always a contract specifying in strict terms the "return", save for major force cases. In Entropia there is no such thing. There is no guarantee you will hof, simple as that. Smilgs is a particular champion complainer, that is true, but reading in speed what you write, you seem the opposite, raging optimist.

posting the quote under (!) your text confused me to no end :rolleyes:

For once, i can have some fun.

Learn how it works, ask around you, if you are loosing some money, it's because you dont know what to do .
Entropia is a complex game, you should document yourself some more.

Also perhaps your equipment is not optimal, and you may want to work on that , or invest more ?
I tell you, when you do, everything will be better .

Enough of BS, perhaps there s nothing more to loot, and now you understand what s going on ?

Last sad update of the year, participating in the event eco mode turned out as bad as staying in LA.
Enough said.
December 2016 = -13,490 hunting (94.40% tt)

interesting read, yet a sad one. Let me share some out of the box thoughts

First, i have that impression (call it a hypothesis if you will) that the value of the USD does actually change the demands on how you play. Hard dollar = demand for eco gameplay, weak dollar = demand for dps gameplay. If that is true i wonder how it would affect a hunter beeing both eco and powerful.

Second, well nobody i talked about this seems to share my experience. MA is declaring there is no connection between loot and skills whatsoever... (then again Marco had to go after mentioning that) BUT whenever i am closing in to rankup a skill or levelup, so i rankup a skill-level, my loot turns bad and my skillups come significantly slower half a level before it happens. In hunting i experienced that on all four relevant skill-sets, dmg, hit, paramedic and evader many many times. On a rankup to level 40 in evader or paramedic, it was a serious problem for me and it took many many months to get over it. I saw you mentioned you are evader level 99, for me that sounds like the nightmare scenario of loot. So in my world this would mean dead dry loot for a loooong period of time till i finally manage to skill over the rankup to level 100. I tried to chip in over the rankup but it didnt seem to work well, so maybe my impression is wrong after all. Then again, after rankup things tend to normalize quite quickly and i often trigger HoFs with the rankup. They almost get predictable.
Could it be you reached evader level 99.5 around easter and this is why your loot is so bad since then and not because of the rings?

Updates -
* lost like 20K in this mayhem in FFA4 with Nemesis adjusted armor, guess it was the wrong choice as or regen
* January is atm -12K with 91.5% TT return
* had to start selling stuff due to going banckrupt, mk2 scope and sight gone, to be seen how this impacts the returns

iwhenever i am closing in to rankup a skill or levelup, so i rankup a skill-level, my loot turns bad and my skillups come significantly slower half a level before it happens. In hunting i experienced that on all four relevant skill-sets, dmg, hit, paramedic and evader many many times. On a rankup to level 40 in evader or paramedic, it was a serious problem for me and it took many many months to get over it. I saw you mentioned you are evader level 99, for me that sounds like the nightmare scenario of loot. So in my world this would mean dead dry loot for a loooong period of time till i finally manage to skill over the rankup to level 100. I tried to chip in over the rankup but it didnt seem to work well, so maybe my impression is wrong after all. Then again, after rankup things tend to normalize quite quickly and i often trigger HoFs with the rankup. They almost get predictable.
Could it be you reached evader level 99.5 around easter and this is why your loot is so bad since then and not because of the rings?
It was closer to 95 at that time. Will see if I make it to 100 at all with these returns :(

Girts, I'm not really going to go on a long speel. But the appropriate answer is to get off calypso. The planet chose this for themselves. If you want more details, you can catch me on skype.

This is the new normal for calypso.

All according to pattern, most of it from mayhem FFA. Sad.
Will try a month on untaxed robots with minimal armor, which should be comparable to big osses run wise.
Expectation = no real difference, around 95ish tt% with a bit more MU.
January 2017 = -16,649 hunting (93.22% tt)

nop practically never using them besides dmg events
as said nothing has changed from before 2016 april in my behaviour / used equipment, except the tt return dropped as of then
i have no clue how u get such low tt returns... do you use full dmg enhancers by any chance?

Girts, I'm not really going to go on a long speel. But the appropriate answer is to get off calypso. The planet chose this for themselves. If you want more details, you can catch me on skype.

This is the new normal for calypso.

So calypso lootpool is the only one affected? Interesting. Me want more details in PM... Intrigued..:yup:

All according to pattern, most of it from mayhem FFA. Sad.
Will try a month on untaxed robots with minimal armor, which should be comparable to big osses run wise.
Expectation = no real difference, around 95ish tt% with a bit more MU.
January 2017 = -16,649 hunting (93.22% tt)

All my losses were from ffa also. But that loss was for a reason (or two).

attaching an updated tt% + a trend line (the red one), something clearly happened ~ 2016.04
as I definitely did not change anything at that point besides upgrading on buffs I could get, can only assume easter ring and/or EST armor mass exploiting started around then

attaching an updated tt% + a trend line (the red one), something clearly happened ~ 2016.04
as I definitely did not change anything at that point besides upgrading on buffs I could get, can only assume easter ring and/or EST armor mass exploiting started around then

Well, not particularly the Easter ring, but the EST stuff does make things lopsided. There are less peds to be earned from others.

The bottomline here is as you state yourself, you didnt change a thing even if the enviroment changed.

You should know by now what I think but its dynamic, the last to adapt is the one to pay.

On another note Im superhappy to be in the same soc with you and hopefully over timeyou will find a way back again :)

MA are experimenting with the avg return of all players, hofs are more common and bigger than before, thus to balance that they affect the avg return.. back to when atrox young weekly/daily 20k'ers

Ffa1, I had 91.864% tt. A buddy of mine was sub 80% on approximately 50k cycle. All the folks with the biggest buffs and rocking EST in the lower categories were there grinding. Markup was okay but there was little loot in the pool.

For as much as you grind, I would think you would have a different weapon anyway.

Last edited:
Gandalf: When your heart needs lifting Bilbo, go read Smilgs hunting log in Entropia Online and see all the people bag on him for posting his hunting returns.

Bilbo: November 2016 = -15,825, December 2016 = -13,490, January 2017 = -16,649 Thanks Gandalf, I feel much better now :)

From the Hobbit cartoon version.

The suggeston these days is the same, get a ranged gun and go exploit that f^&^*^&* exploit armor with 60% crit. Well I won't, this crosses my line.
Not that many options after modmerc. What do you think? :D

Back