FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

So with loot before 2.0, I lost 77000 peds from April 2016 to June 2017 included. In the 2 months with loot 2.0 and increasing crit buffs, lost 39000 peds.
That is losing 5100 peds per month before loot 2.0.
And 19500 with loot 2.0.
The system is working flawlessly as MA says.

See Das' hunting log.

You're paying for him now. :silly2:

So with loot before 2.0, I lost 77000 peds from April 2016 to June 2017 included. In the 2 months with loot 2.0 and increasing crit buffs, lost 39000 peds.
That is losing 5100 peds per month before loot 2.0.
And 19500 with loot 2.0.
The system is working flawlessly as MA says.

And between april 2013 to august 2016 you up 588000 :confused:

I don't want to offend you but to me it looks like you complained about buffs intensive enough for MA to act then after the Bug fix you bought buffs and now you complain that they don't work as before?

I don't want to offend you but to me it looks like you complained about buffs intensive enough for MA to act then after the Bug fix you bought buffs and now you complain that they don't work as before?

well maybe it was just one of all those girtsns (however many that may be) and the one complaing now is someone different. or is the same one always posting on pcf and is someone different than all the people playing that account?

Controversial post:

Do you feel any resentment towards Sokolade who sold you Easter 2016 for 150k after Loot 2.0?

It's pretty safe to assume they realized fairly quick that crits had little to no value in terms of return rates, meaning that Easter Ring 2016 instantly went from the most valuable ring in the game to the least valuable seasonal ring in the game.

In its current state, Easter Ring 2016 is a slightly worse version of Athenic Ring Modified (valued at +1k-1.5k) with a bit of kill cost reduction meaning slightly cheaper skillgains as well as a slight dps increase.

I would put Easter Ring 2016 at a 5-10k in value for the cheaper skillgains, speculatory value(crit being useful somehow again someday), and the slight dps increase.

I see you've been complaining about MA in terms of advertising these buffs, pushing them on the players and making it seem like they're going to become a mainstay in the game, and then almost entirely nullifying their purpose overnight, but honestly it was an objectively good move and obviously something that should have been done a very long time ago. The rampant crit abuse among uber hunters was completely ruining the game for hunters without this luxury, and was only continuing to get more and more ridiculous as time went on.

Is it possible maybe that you're redirecting frustration that should be aimed towards Sokolade for their arguably dishonest trade and placing that frustration with MA?

Nothing personal here towards/against anybody, just found this situation a bit interesting.

Last edited:
Regarding your recent return rates, I do think they are a bit lower than they should be over that large(ped-wise) sample size, but I believe that's because you are doing large mobs and you will only see your return rates get back up to something more palatable if/when you find a big loot.

And between april 2013 to august 2016 you up 588000 :confused:
My overall tt% is 98%, and I never did the EST exploit. In any case, there is no personal lootpool so how is this relevant?
About 1 limited armor that was obviously outbalanced - not about crit buffs as such. And I am not complaining they don't work as before. I am complaining about a 91% tt return applying the new implementation. And about losing 4x more than before the implementation monthly.
well maybe it was just one of all those girtsns (however many that may be) and the one complaing now is someone different. or is the same one always posting on pcf and is someone different than all the people playing that account?
The irrelevant troll again. There is always and has always been 1 girtsn paying shooters who are not communicating in my name ingame.
Do you feel any resentment towards Sokolade who sold you Easter 2016 for 150k after Loot 2.0?
I see you've been complaining about MA in terms of advertising these buffs, pushing them on the players and making it seem like they're going to become a mainstay in the game, and then almost entirely nullifying their purpose overnight, but honestly it was an objectively good move and obviously something that should have been done a very long time ago. The rampant crit abuse among uber hunters was completely ruining the game for hunters without this luxury, and only continuing to get more and more ridiculous as time went on.
The purchase price quoted is incorrect, 150k is what my sale thread says. Anyway - no resentment towards seller, I went for the ring as obviously -77k in 15 months is not my target, and I have always tried to improve my stats. Did not suspect that the crit buffs reduce tt return which is worse than nullifying. This is only on MA and it can not be called balancing. As said really the crits were an issue in combination with EST which is completely unbalanced.
Regarding your recent return rates, I do think they are a bit lower than they should be over that large(ped-wise) sample size, but I believe that's because you are doing large mobs and you will only see your return rates get back up to something more palatable if/when you find a big loot.
91% is not a bit. I have been doing the same size mobs as last year and the year before as well as the year before. The tt return is consistent on large turnovers, 91% is just plainly wrong.

the only silver lining I can think of is don't have to look for the pcf color code of green anymore :D
the red trend-line represents how my hopes smashed after trying to adapt and acquiring viridian, mod viceroy and easter ring 2016 for ~ 240k (and perfected ares way before for 45k)
thanks again MA :(

September 2017 = -10,944 hunting (95.05% tt)
(before taxes, was -20087, 91,88% tt - and this time I was not the only one contributing to taxes)

the only silver lining I can think of is don't have to look for the pcf color code of green anymore :D
the red trend-line represents how my hopes smashed after trying to adapt and acquiring viridian, mod viceroy and easter ring 2016 for ~ 240k (and perfected ares way before for 45k)
thanks again MA :(

September 2017 = -10,944 hunting (95.05% tt)
(before taxes, was -20087, 91,88% tt - and this time I was not the only one contributing to taxes)

Pretty crazy that you have made +346,730 PED hunting, well done! :)

Pretty crazy that you have made +346,730 PED hunting, well done! :)

I swear I've seen this posts a few dozen times...These types of results are why people play this game. Everyone wants to get to a point in which you can profit. If this is no longer possible in EU, then the whole point of EU goes away :confused:

The idea is not that he is losing after a good streak, the idea is that he is losing. The question should be if he's losing because he needs to change his play style (plausible) or because he's bugged (a lot less plausible but possible) or if the entire EU system isn't working anymore (some people are saying they can still profit - can't be verified but might mean people just need to find the right combination).

How much do you trust the people shooting for you? You should get better than 95% tt return.

I could make a suggestion but you wouldn't like it. :rolleyes:

trust them a lot
besides I do quite some of the runs myself (including currently) and following globals daily shows you a clear picture of what the return really is
How much do you trust the people shooting for you? You should get better than 95% tt return.

I could make a suggestion but you wouldn't like it. :rolleyes:

Hm. Based on MA's own numbers...

Pre 9/11
Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%

Post 9/11
Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average.
Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average.

Taking an unweighted average of the two, is ~98% and 96%.

Let's assume all players in total average a 96% return. Efficiency will bring the player tt average + or - 3.5% (7% total range). So average player return should range between 99.5% and 92.5% depending on eco of the gun they are using (maybe! Hypothetically, what happens if all players use uses 50% efficiency guns vs 0% vs 100%?. How does MA adjust for their cut?)

Anyways, then you have to account for statistical fluctuations. if you were to bring your return up to 96% from 95%, you would need ~2k to make up the diff. This is where what mob you were hunting gets factored in. If you are hunting 5k hp mobs or even 2k hp mobs, this is not an unreasonable swing.

Basically, you are stuck with MA's loot knobs, but your numbers fall in line with MA's stats.

it'd be cool if you dropped down to 8-12 ped mobs and see what happens.. i still don't think you have the dps or kills/hour in order to overcome the variance.. especially since so much of hunting and EU as a whole is based on looting events per hour. There's a reason teams did better on big mobs during migration.

IF I were you and i did drop down in mob size and i did not see better results the next month, I would firesale everything and get some shitty efficiency gear and try to have fun... while pulling out the other peds.

Well,
i think that :
1. Mindark is a business company that creates a fun that you need to pay for
2. Entropia is a Game platform that lowest level of profit is a player , because it is made for investors like : Planet owner, Land Owner, Deed owner to proffit.
3.Both- Mindark and Entropia never announced anywhere that they are Company that hire people and pay for them, so you are not emploee of Mindark to get paid for.
4. 5% loot fee is what Mindark takes, it was ALWAYS from a start of game.

So .... Enjoy game , and if you want profit - go to twin peaks and advertise your LA by running around with a torch around people.

Anyways, then you have to account for statistical fluctuations. if you were to bring your return up to 96% from 95%, you would need ~2k to make up the diff. This is where what mob you were hunting gets factored in. If you are hunting 5k hp mobs or even 2k hp mobs, this is not an unreasonable swing.
Basically, you are stuck with MA's loot knobs, but your numbers fall in line with MA's stats.
I don't think there is much space for variance, see the returns from September 2016 to March 2017 - it was a stable ~95% tt, before that it was a stable 100%+ tt and before that not being maxed saw a stable 92%. The only upside start of this year was most likely related to viridian switch + mod viceroy while they worked. 95% tt including tax or below if a bad month is what I am expected to get - and that is the only variance. According to MA I am the worst of the high turnovers by far, probably because not using imk2 with its strangely preserved high efficiency - but then imho they pushed me here completely dropping crit buffs from efficiency calculations (referring to that viridian gun issued this year).

it'd be cool if you dropped down to 8-12 ped mobs and see what happens.. i still don't think you have the dps or kills/hour in order to overcome the variance.. especially since so much of hunting and EU as a whole is based on looting events per hour. There's a reason teams did better on big mobs during migration.
IF I were you and i did drop down in mob size and i did not see better results the next month, I would firesale everything and get some shitty efficiency gear and try to have fun... while pulling out the other peds.
switching to some lower untaxed mob very likely be tried next month or so, think teams doing better in migration probably had to do more with their added regen which is difficult to make up for solo
the issue with firesale, is that the items are worthless and the skills are too many and too exotic to be sold + not allowing bulk transfers. i am a hostage of my trust in MA accumulating all of this.

Well,
i think that :
1. Mindark is a business company that creates a fun that you need to pay for
2. Entropia is a Game platform that lowest level of profit is a player , because it is made for investors like : Planet owner, Land Owner, Deed owner to proffit.
3.Both- Mindark and Entropia never announced anywhere that they are Company that hire people and pay for them, so you are not emploee of Mindark to get paid for.
4. 5% loot fee is what Mindark takes, it was ALWAYS from a start of game.
So .... Enjoy game , and if you want profit - go to twin peaks and advertise your LA by running around with a torch around people.
first agreed on the 5%, but then they should not be saying 97% to 98% tt return
then on MA and business I think that
* MA screwed up by introducing planet partners, as they don't have the player base thus infrastructure to support the variety that it brought, and this is the main reason for the MU state
* MA screwed themselves by taking a loan in form of cld's with an unsustainable interest rate
* MA screwed up the land owners by making the loot same on all maturities, big osseos were good on MU before that change which was the main reason to get the DNA in the first place
* MA screwed over the last big wave of investors in the crit buffs by refusing to eliminate the limited EST but instead removing the effect altogether, not taking it into account in efficiency
i also think that the lithuanian bunch accumulated enough to sell the couple of avatars they no longer can use to profit exploiting EST - so seems they had fun they never paid for

looks like your complaining helped. now MA made an item just for you and handfed it to you. hope you are happy now

looks like your complaining helped. now MA made an item just for you and handfed it to you. hope you are happy now

lol, saw it happen as well

gratz on the find Smilgs!

Sure this is exactly the same as looting 3 UL guns in a year one from daspletors during migration and then getting mod shadow from a mob not supposed to drop it after migration ended.
Besides didn't you start complaining as soon your tt profit stopped and then started a hunting log?
As for the discovery suppose this is an effect of the claimed different loot composition with buffs. I would take better tt return or full esi's any time...
And with minus 50k peds last 3 months I am understandably not happy.

Sure this is exactly the same as looting 3 UL guns in a year one from daspletors during migration and then getting mod shadow from a mob not supposed to drop it after migration ended.
Besides didn't you start complaining as soon your tt profit stopped and then started a hunting log?
As for the discovery suppose this is an effect of the claimed different loot composition with buffs. I would take better tt return or full esi's any time...
And with minus 50k peds last 3 months I am understandably not happy.

so let me get this straight: you complain about not getting any MU and then MA designs an item just for you and hands it out to you and you are still not happy? you want 5 imk2 on top of that?

and ye i started complaining after the loot 2.1 change or whatever you wanne call it. but ill spread my thoughts on that on my hunting log thread that will get updated in roughly an hour.

(Bolding mine - //H.)

If you check auction>orders>available, it already has 5 sales, all more than a year ago. The trick here is - event prizes don't trigger discoveries (at least in this case). No UL melee amp other than I, IV or VI shows either in discoveries or auction orders.

from entropiawiki
Melee Trauma Amplifier VI Improved (Created) 27-10-2014 19:30:07 Halloween Mayhem
clueless like usual, and not afraid to show it

my issue with returns is 77k losses in 15 months and then 50k losses in 3 months after loot 2.0, and it is the low tt return as with 75% crapnel the rest cannot cover up from 92% or even 95% with any bigger turnover
so let me get this straight: you complain about not getting any MU and then MA designs an item just for you and hands it out to you and you are still not happy? you want 5 imk2 on top of that?

and ye i started complaining after the loot 2.1 change or whatever you wanne call it. but ill spread my thoughts on that on my hunting log thread that will get updated in roughly an hour.

from entropiawiki

clueless like usual, and not afraid to show it

my issue with returns is 77k losses in 15 months and then 50k losses in 3 months after loot 2.0, and it is the low tt return as with 75% crapnel the rest cannot cover up from 92% or even 95% with any bigger turnover

it has never dropped from hunting but was an event bonus price. so they didnt tailor the item for you but instead took one that existed since quite some time but NEVER dropped and made it so you can find one. does this sound better now? maybe time to get the stick outta your ass dude

October 2017 = -4,312 hunting (95.32% tt)

Back